Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

363 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News/Articles, Merged
Carrie&BlakeFan
post Apr 28th 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

Here's what Jim Cantiello from MTV.com said about Scotty's performance. happy.gif

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/04/28/america...row/#more-48394

IPB Image

Scotty "The Body" McCreery
Song: Carole King's "You've Got a Friend" (made massive by James Taylor)
Verdict: Love Him Tender

Dry ice! Mood lighting! Singing while sitting! Ladies and gentleman, Scotty McCreery wants a moment! And you know what? He delivered! Scotty's "You've Got a Friend" was as meaty and tender as a kobe filet. He pushed his vocals as high as they could go, he sang every word as if he believed it, and he even held the microphone like a big boy! See, judges? When you're honest with the contestants, they'll work harder and improve.

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Carrie Underwood's new song "Something in the Water" on iTunes now!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 28th 2011, 1:09 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

avaleen
post Apr 28th 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Apr 28th 2011, 11:19 AM) *

This article also says Scotty was the best of the night! clap.gif

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/TV/20...ie-for-top-spot

IPB Image

Scotty McCreery's performance of “You Got a Friend,” was not only his personal best but also the best performance of the season. He even held his microphone the normal way! Finally a contestant experiences a real moment on stage and the normally jubilant judges opt to be tepid!? Randy said it was excellent but warned Scotty not to fall off the high notes and Steven Tyler said he doesn’t think Scotty ever sang better. OK that is high praise, but where was the enthusiasm and cheering? A

The article later said this about James: The performance was exceptional, just not quite as exceptional as Scotty’s.

Yup.. I like that article, they actually said that OK that is high praise, but where was the enthusiasm and cheering? A

Oh right, they were saving it for James . . . again haha.gif haha.gif .. See.. even ppl was sick of it...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
avaleen
post Apr 28th 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #23

Casey Abrams Bombs, Scotty McCreery Soars on “American Idol”

http://www.headlineplanet.com/home/2011/04...-american-idol/

His haunting, sensitive, country take on “You’ve Got a Friend” established just how dangerously-relevant he can be on the commercial charts. As the judges pointed out, the “reaching” for certain notes absolutely exposed the limitations of his range, but the quality of his voice as he moved into a higher, more tender part of his register should absolutely not be discounted. This was the kind of performance that makes a dated, somewhat-cheesy song seem relevant and emotionally-important. It was the kind of performance that most felt he would need to continue his momentum as the season’s clearest frontrunner–once Scotty stopped being able to get by on his ridiculously-recognizable, shockingly-deep voice, he would have to prove his worth as a frontrunner by delivering an objectively-incredible performance. He did that.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AlinaMexico
post Apr 28th 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. Scotty

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Apr 29th 2011, 2:43 PM
Post #25

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

On the Scenes Results Top 6

First, as Haley and James kicked off the number, Scotty was standing offstage and playing an invisible drum set while holding his microphone. It was pretty Archuleta adorable.

Little Allison meets her Idol: At one point, Cory the Warmup Host brought a 7-year-old girl named Allison onstage. Allison, sporting a pink skirt, could have defeated many a lolcat in a tournament of sheer cuteness. The young girl said that Scotty was her favorite Idol, and before you knew it, Cory had marched Allison over to the blue couch to receive a hug from the country crooner. Scotty dropped to one knee, embraced the girl, and consequently melted 700 hearts.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/29/american...s-casey-abrams/

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
elychari
post Apr 30th 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #26

'American Idol' music producer, Rodney Jerkins on who will succeed beyond season 10

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/American-Ido...ason-10/8103557

Music producer, Rodney Jerkins, who's currently working with the top ten contestants on "American Idol" and produces their songs each week, said contestant Scotty McCreery is destined for success and former contestant, Pia Toscano has a golden voice, despite being voted off the show.

"To be 17-years-old and to just have his head on straight and know exactly what he wants, just the way he is, his mannerisms in the studio, he's a true artist," Jerkins told OnTheRedCarpet.com of McCreery. "He won't come to the studio without his boots on, his cowboy boots. I just think he's destined for success. Beyond whether he wins or loses, I just think he's going to be a true winner."

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
skylight1219
post Apr 30th 2011, 4:30 AM
Post #27

Here's one from the guy who taught Scotty to play guitar:

http://www.garnercitizen.com/2011/04/27/sc...comment-page-1/

Excerpt:

Scotty McCreery has become an overnight sensation as a contestant for American Idol, the reality television competition.

What many do not know is that the Garner teenager has been the longtime guitar student of local guitar instructor Gary Epperson.

Reflecting on how fame has ruined many, Epperson says, “He is a fairly grounded young man, I think he will be able to handle it.”

Since Scotty was 9 years old, Epperson has been both a guitar instructor and mentor.

Recalling his very first lesson, Epperson said, “He struggled getting his arms around the full sized acoustic guitar he brought with him…when he came in the house, the headstock was a foot over his head.”

This post has been edited by skylight1219: Apr 30th 2011, 4:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dusty_125125
post Apr 30th 2011, 5:54 AM
Post #28

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/TV/20...ie-for-top-spot

this one i found this morning

American Idol Final 6: James Durbin and Scotty McCreery vie for top spot

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
skylight1219
post Apr 30th 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(avaleen @ Apr 28th 2011, 11:54 PM) *

Casey Abrams Bombs, Scotty McCreery Soars on “American Idol”

http://www.headlineplanet.com/home/2011/04...-american-idol/

His haunting, sensitive, country take on “You’ve Got a Friend” established just how dangerously-relevant he can be on the commercial charts. As the judges pointed out, the “reaching” for certain notes absolutely exposed the limitations of his range, but the quality of his voice as he moved into a higher, more tender part of his register should absolutely not be discounted. This was the kind of performance that makes a dated, somewhat-cheesy song seem relevant and emotionally-important. It was the kind of performance that most felt he would need to continue his momentum as the season’s clearest frontrunner–once Scotty stopped being able to get by on his ridiculously-recognizable, shockingly-deep voice, he would have to prove his worth as a frontrunner by delivering an objectively-incredible performance. He did that.

Why is it Scotty has to change his voice, and they never tell the others to do that? I don't give a hoot if he hits high notes or not. I never heard Johnny Cash go above his limitations. This kind of pisses me off. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
avaleen
post Apr 30th 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(skylight1219 @ Apr 30th 2011, 11:04 AM) *

Why is it Scotty has to change his voice, and they never tell the others to do that? I don't give a hoot if he hits high notes or not. I never heard Johnny Cash go above his limitations. This kind of pisses me off. thumbdown.gif

IKR.. I guess, just as what Scotty said, everybody's looking for that glory note...
For me.. I don't care for the glory note.. Why do they have to hit those notes.. Do I even care about those singers that sings with the high notes, no not so much... I loved his voice as it is...
But I guess it's nice to see the different sides of him... Loved everything he's done anyway thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
skylight1219
post May 1st 2011, 7:54 PM
Post #31

Here's a Scotty fansite which has a nice write up about the Garner Viewing party this past week. I'm not sure how many are aware of this site, but, it could use some hits and comments.

http://www.scotty-mccreery.net/

--------------------
+Quote Post
fedfan1
post May 1st 2011, 8:05 PM
Post #32

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/entertainment/a...l-chatter-42811

They discuss Scotty at the beginning of this video.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
avaleen
post May 1st 2011, 9:58 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(skylight1219 @ May 1st 2011, 7:54 PM) *

Here's a Scotty fansite which has a nice write up about the Garner Viewing party this past week. I'm not sure how many are aware of this site, but, it could use some hits and comments.

http://www.scotty-mccreery.net/

I do haha.gif ... Well there's another one :

http://www.fansofscotty.com/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
elychari
post May 2nd 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #34

Scotty McCreery’s Sideways Microphone Grip Explained by His Hometown Voice Teacher

Since the early rounds of the competition, viewers have wondered about the unusual way ‘American Idol‘ contestant Scotty McCreery holds his microphone. His fellow contestants have had fun teasing the 17-year-old about his sideways grip, and a recent episode featured a few of them mocking his style by playing the microphone like a flute.

One of McCreery’s biggest fans, a former teacher, offers some firsthand insight into the mystery of the sideways microphone. Beth Hunnicutt, Minister of Music at the First Baptist Church in Garner, N.C. tells Taste of Country she thinks her longtime student had gotten used to using a crooked neck microphone holder while singing and playing guitar in a chair. “So the mic is turned … and he’s singing into the mic and playing guitar,” Hunnicutt explains.

Last week, McCreery used a more traditional hold while singing Carole King’s ‘You’ve Got a Friend.’ Hunnicutt believes that the teasing along with some good coaching has straightened him out.“Somebody is helping there,” she says. “That’s not a good habit to have.”

In addition to helping McCreery develop his voice since he was in pre-school, Hunnicutt has become good friends with the entire family. She says his mother and father are also very talented singers. The younger McCreery even emulates Dad’s microphone grip, although the sideways angle is a Scotty original. “His dad uses the same four finger spread,” Hunnicutt says with a chuckle.

Taste of Country

that makes sense. altho kind of silly for people to focus on.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
avaleen
post May 3rd 2011, 4:25 AM
Post #35

AI10 Top 6 - On-Scene Observations

http://watercoolerconvo.blogspot.com/2011/...servations.html

I was fortunate enough to go to today's American Idol Top 6 taping (thanks @hazel_eyes11!) and got prime seats in the center. As many people have noted in the past, the sound is quite different in the studio as it is on TV. Many times, you don't hear things that you hear on TV with the sound mixing.

The 10 biggest things I noticed from the audience were:

2. During the playback at the end of the show, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe gestured to the audience to applaud louder as James' performance came out. He didn't do that for anyone else.

3. As James was singing his final note on his solo, he (James, not Nigel in case anyone was misinterpreting based on item #2) waved his fingers at the audience, gesturing for more applause. UGH. Such a turn-off.

As for the performances, here's my take, both based on in-studio and on TV:

Scotty McCreery - You've Got A Friend
What a great arrangement. The strings, the staging (which looked better in studio when you could see the full stage), and Scotty's vocals were beautiful. It's absolutely tragic what the producers did to the studio recording. They ruined it with some hillbilly arrangement. But we're judging the performance here, and it was lovely. My favorite of the night, maybe even of the season, and I'm surprised that the judges didn't really show enough appreciation for it. They actually gave him some bits of criticism. But I think Scotty has enough votes in the bag to withstand having some critique.

James Durbin - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
This was shaping up to be a Bo Bice-like moment, and I really, really wish James had kept the entire song a cappella or at least in that tempo. The full band part was a bit of a letdown. But the judges lapped it up like it was the best thing ever (it almost was), and Randy even made the colossal mistake of saying James might win the whole thing. Tsk, Randy. The pimping is going to turn people off.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lottoguy
post May 3rd 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Apr 7th 2011, 5:10 PM) *

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661519/a...-mccreery.jhtml

'American Idol' Report Card: Scotty McCreery Rules Rock And Roll Night

IPB Image

Excellent
Scotty McCreery: He Who Shall Soon Sell Millions of Records promised to transform himself into a rocker for an Elvis Presley cover, but Scotty couldn't ditch his country vibe if he hopped in a Ferrari and floored it. During his honky-tonk take on "That's All Right, Mama," the 17-year-old was loosey-goosey and loving being up on the stage. Oh, and he sounded great, too — like a true country pro. Scotty's starting to believe he might win this thing. He's not wrong.

McCreery has a nice voice, I will grant you that. But, it is not anything out of the ordinary when it comes to country music. Sad, to stay I really don't think he will sell many albums. Of the final five that are left I think James Durbin and Haley Reinhart have the most upside potential.

This post has been edited by lottoguy: May 3rd 2011, 3:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carrie&BlakeFan
post May 3rd 2011, 6:07 PM
Post #37

http://detnews.com/article/20110503/ENT10/105030303/-1/rss29

Scotty McCreery seems a lock for 'American Idol' — maybe

There are five contestants left on "American Idol," and four of them are competing to be runner-up to Scotty McCreery. The 17-year-old country crooner from Garner, N.C., is tracking to win this season of "Idol," which has weathered the loss of Simon Cowell and has remained America's No. 1 television program. Part of that is due to a solid crop of contestants, led by McCreery.

He has put his Southern spin on tracks by Carole King, Elton John and Stevie Wonder, and is beginning to look unbeatable. But this is "Idol," and anything can happen, especially when Yours Truly makes bold proclamations about How Things Will Definitely Go This Season. With just a few weeks to go, here's a glance at how things could shake out before "Idol's" May 26 finale.

The Man to Beat: Scotty McCreery
"Idol's" best-ever male country singer began this season looking like a one-trick pony. But that trick has proven to be a pretty good one, and his rich baritone has become the defining sound of "Idol" this season — if you don't count the audio drop-outs when producers have to censor Steven Tyler. McCreery infuses his performances with a confident swagger that calls on hip-hop attitude, making him a unique performer in the "Idol" canon, well past the hick shtick of past "Idol" country dudes (see: Bucky Covington). And with each passing week, he's looking more and more invincible, and like he's ready to win it all.

Odds of winning: 2-to-1

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110503/ENT10/...e#ixzz1LKisCwgT

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post May 3rd 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Band: DMB

QUOTE(lottoguy @ May 3rd 2011, 4:17 PM) *

McCreery has a nice voice, I will grant you that. But, it is not anything out of the ordinary when it comes to country music. Sad, to stay I really don't think he will sell many albums. Of the final five that are left I think James Durbin and Haley Reinhart have the most upside potential.
ermm.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
avi:[*]||sig:[*]
+Quote Post
avaleen
post May 5th 2011, 7:32 AM
Post #39

'American Idol' Live: Meet Scotty McCreery's three blondes

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...ee-blondes.html

It's official: The girls loves "American Idol's" Scotty McCreery. Correction: They really, really love him.

Zap2it was on the scene at the Top 5 taping and talked to three of Scotty's biggest fans. Or at least their mother. Turns out, Scotty's back-up singers for his first performance, "Gone," are actually huge fans of the country crooner.

The blonde back-up singers are sister group Destinee & Paris, who used to be part of the girl group Clique Girlz. Destinee and Paris are signed to Interscope Records and were chosen by the show's producers and Jimmy Iovine to provide back-up vocals. The sisters, 15 and 16, sang back-up on Haley Reinhart's "Rolling In The Deep" a few weeks back.

Destinee & Paris' mother was seated next to us during the show and told us that the girls think Scotty is "so cute." After the performance, she was sure a lot of the girls watching were going to be jealous of the blonde sisters who shared some screen-time with "Idol's" resident Country boy. We wouldn't be shocked.

Another one of Scotty's blonde fans? A 20 year-old UCLA college student who was chosen by producers to stand with Scotty before a commercial break. After meeting the country crooner, the girl told us Scotty was "cute but shy." She says, "I said 'Good luck!' and he just said, 'Uh, thanks!'" In a completely surprising twist, she thought Scotty was the best of the night.

Need more behind-the-scenes Scotty intel?

-- When Scotty was sitting in the audience before his performance, a man tapped him on the shoulder and told him he was doing a great job this season. Scotty shook his hand and said, "Thanks, man!"

-- While still waiting to start his performance, Scotty decided to amp up the crowd early, telling the sections near him, "Get up for me, y'all!" Guess what? They got up!

-- While watching clips of their performances back at the end of the show, Scotty bust out laughing when the jumbo-screen showed him jumping from the stage. When the clip of his second performance came up, Scotty pointed out that his ear piece wire was sticking out and said, "Oh, man!"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Carrie&BlakeFan
post May 5th 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #40

^ Cool! Thanks for sharing! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

363 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 82 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 2:48 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol