Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

363 Pages V « < 173 174 175 176 177 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News/Articles, Merged
drdeb
post Feb 26th 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #3481

Group: Members

QUOTE(mm99 @ Feb 26th 2012, 1:31 AM) *

I was all set to be upset at this article: "Whaddya MEAN, pitchy!?" And then it turned out to be so lovely. Thanks.

ETA: I just read all the post comments on the today show on MJs. Not one negative comment. Everyone excited for him. I felt so good. Scotty is making it past all haters.

THIS!! yes.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 26th 2012, 11:00 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

amc
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #3482

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

There was an article about Scotty in my local paper today. It was an old one posted on here weeks ago, but still nice to see him mentioned.

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #3483

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(amc @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:07 PM) *

There was an article about Scotty in my local paper today. It was an old one posted on here weeks ago, but still nice to see him mentioned.

thumbsup.gif The more exposure the better! (as long as it's positive of course kiss.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
amc
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:29 PM
Post #3484

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Dexter and Sam

QUOTE(stcecilia @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:14 PM) *

thumbsup.gif The more exposure the better! (as long as it's positive of course kiss.gif )

Yes it was! It was this one http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/m.../136775228.html original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Scotty McCreery Top 10 RADIO HIT See You Tonight and new single FEELIN' IT!
+Quote Post
dkm0925
post Feb 28th 2012, 5:29 AM
Post #3485

http://www.examiner.com/country-music-in-s...scotty-mccreery

Has prankster Brad Paisley met his match with Scotty McCreery?

The latest celebrity to get Brad Paisley, however, might be the last person you'd expect. None other than baby-faced American Idol, Scotty McCreery, jumped into the prank ring with Brad Paisley, getting his feet wet with a spoof on the headlining star himself. During their tour stop in Springfield, Missouri on February 25th, Scotty McCreery walked out on stage during Brad Paisley's song Celebrity, dressed as Brad Paisley! Sporting the signature white hat, an apparently drawn-on beard, a Brad Paisley t-shirt and a guitar, Scotty McCreery surprised the unsuspecting, but good-natured country superstar.

Enjoying his own prank, Scotty McCreery later tweeted:

Scotty Paisley went out to join @BradPaisley on "Celebrity" tonight!
and

Well #shotsfired tonight.. too bad i only got a pistol n @BradPaisley prolly has a bazooka somewhere, hahah

Brad Paisley returned Twitter fire with this tweet and picture of Scotty "Brad" McCreery:

So some young smart@$& who looked a little like me & a lot like @ScottyMcCreery showed up tonight..

Past victims of Brad Paisley would probably tell Scoty McCreery to run for the hills about now. Brad Paisley is not the kind who will let this little mockery fade away without retaliation. Will Brad Paisley get Scotty McCreery back at the next tour stop, or could St. Louis see a little bit of the hilarious action when the two arrive here together for Brad Paisley's Country Mega Ticket concert on May 18th?

Knowing Brad Paisley, it just might be both!

Only time will tell, but two things are certain, when Brad Paisley, Scotty McCreery and The Band Perry roll into town this spring, they will have already amassed quite a few stories to someday hand down to their grandchildren and, the St. Louis concert is going to be a blast.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 28th 2012, 8:03 AM
Post #3486

Group: NX Subscribers

Well, the writer of that article seems pretty certain Scotty will be with Brad in St. Louis. Why don't they release some confirmed dates - officially.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dkm0925
post Feb 28th 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #3487

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-wors..._medium=twitter

Here is a link to The Hollywood Reporter - they have released names of some of the Idol Alum that will be performing on AI this season - Scotty's not mentioned as performing YET - but we all know we'll hear him singing every week anyway! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Feb 28th 2012, 8:16 AM
Post #3488

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 28th 2012, 8:03 AM) *

Well, the writer of that article seems pretty certain Scotty will be with Brad in St. Louis. Why don't they release some confirmed dates - officially.

I know. I love Brad, but I don't want to spend $100 + on a ticket if Scotty is not opening for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
summerthyme
post Feb 28th 2012, 8:19 AM
Post #3489

QUOTE(dkm0925 @ Feb 28th 2012, 7:13 AM) *

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-wors..._medium=twitter
Here is a link to The Hollywood Reporter - they have released names of some of the Idol Alum that will be performing on AI this season - Scotty's not mentioned as performing YET - but we all know we'll hear him singing every week anyway! yes.gif

He'll be there, you can bet your bippy. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
applecake1234
post Feb 28th 2012, 8:56 AM
Post #3490

QUOTE(summerthyme @ Feb 28th 2012, 8:19 AM) *

He'll be there, you can bet your bippy. haha.gif

Wish I had a bippy to bet. I hope he is there the week of April 1st after he wins best new artst. Best week would be Sunday ACMs, Tuesday-Wednesday shoot new video for YMTLG then AI on Thursday.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DMJ2259
post Feb 28th 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #3491

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2012/02/scotty...ss-release.html

Scotty McCreery's "The Trouble With Girls" Certified Gold (Press Release)

Scotty McCreery’s second single, “The Trouble With Girls,” has been certified gold for reaching sales of 500,000 units, becoming his third consecutive release to receive a gold or

higher certification by the Recording Industry Association of America.

“The Trouble With Girls” is his second consecutive gold single, following his debut single, “I Love You This Big.” His Mercury Nashville/19 Recordings/ Interscope debut album, Clear As Day, was certified platinum for sales of more than 1 million units in just three months. Clear As Day debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts, making him the youngest man in history to open at the top of the all-genre chart with a debut

release. It also garnered the highest sales of any country solo album released last year and held the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart for six weeks.

“Having the first single go gold was crazy, but having the second single go gold and to see the response it is getting in our shows is incredible,” he says. “I wish I could come up with
better words than ‘wild’ and ‘incredible,’ because this is really special.

“It’s a huge honor. I’m glad the single is doing well and I’m looking forward to keep singing it on the road.”

Scotty is delighted with the reception the Top 20 (and climbing) hit is receiving, along with his first hit and other songs from his debut album, during his live shows as he performs
across the nation as part of Brad Paisley's "Virtual Reality Tour 2012" presented by
Chevrolet. “As the weeks go by, we are seeing more and more fans singing
it back to us. It’s a great feeling when you see that and see the fans appreciating your work,” he says. “We’re having a good time out there.

“The tour is going great,” he says. “Brad and The Band Perry are great people. I couldn’t think of a better tour to be on. I’m learning a lot every single night. We’re having a great time!”

Since Paisley is known for his habit of playing pranks on his tour mates, Scotty had been thinking of a way of having a little fun with Paisley in return. During Paisley’s shows, he has shown doctored photos featuring Scotty’s head on the body of a muscular man in a
bathing suit, and he recently put a photo of Ernest T. Bass from The Andy
Griffith Show on Scotty’s dressing room door.

During Paisley’s performance of “Celebrity,” the screens flash fake tabloid headlines including “Is Scotty McCreery Brad Paisley’s Love Child?” So perhaps it’s fitting that Scotty’s joke
involved dressing up like Paisley and surprising the star onstage.

“Apparently Brad leaves his hat backstage at every show, but I didn’t find out until last week,” Scotty says. “I was going to take the hat out onstage that day and poke fun, but we decided it would be too early in the tour because it would leave too much time for him to prank me back. So we decided to wait a little while and perfect the prank – goatee, a tight Brad Paisley shirt and a guitar.

“When we thought the time was right, we put it all together and went out there,” Scotty says. “He loved it! He was cracking up. So now I am sleeping with one eye open.”

Scotty is nominated for this year’s Academy of Country Music New Artist of the Year Award, which will be given out during the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in
Las Vegas on April 1. He was recently named No. 1 on Billboard magazine's list of Top New Country Artists for 2011. He also won New Artist of the Year at the American Country Awards in December.

Voting for the ACM New Artist of the Year will take place at www.VoteACM.com beginning March 19 at noon ET/9 a.m. PT and continue until 5 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 1 (before the live show starts.) The New Artist of the Year final nominees were selected by a combined vote of the fans and professional members of the Academy of Country Music. Professional member votes will be combined with fan votes to obtain the New Artist of the Year winner.

An interview with Scotty will be featured in Great American Country’s ACM New Artist of
the Year special that premieres Monday, March 19, at 9 p.m. ET and re-airs multiple times until voting closes on April 1. Additional air times and dates can be found at GACtv.com/ACM.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Feb 28th 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #3492

QUOTE(stcecilia @ Feb 28th 2012, 7:16 AM) *

I know. I love Brad, but I don't want to spend $100 + on a ticket if Scotty is not opening for him.

I thoroughly understand. I would not have driven to Lubbock and paid for a hotel to see just Brad.... BUT .... I was totally blown away by his show and remarkable talent... it was well worth it!!!! I am so glad that Scotty is getting this opportunity... he must be learning volumes.... and not just how to play a great prank LOL
yes.gif haha.gif yes.gif haha.gif yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Feb 28th 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #3493

I'm happy that we're going to see Brad in Baltimore, don't get me wrong. But I'm not sure I want to see his full show twice....especially if there's a chance to see a solo concert.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
nana/sami
post Feb 28th 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #3494

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Feb 28th 2012, 10:45 AM) *

I'm happy that we're going to see Brad in Baltimore, don't get me wrong. But I'm not sure I want to see his full show twice....especially if there's a chance to see a solo concert.

Oh Yea... I can't wait for VB... SOLO SOLO
And hopefully he will be at CMA Fest as well... bought my tickets today!
SOLO... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Feb 28th 2012, 6:02 PM
Post #3495

http://www.billboard.com/column/reality-ch...62.story?page=2

This article seems to be an up-to-date sales comparison for Idols...has Scotty at #15 already w00twave.gif with 1, 107, 000 in album sales...must include international...so that's over 150K international, right w00twave.gif

This post has been edited by Lexien: Feb 28th 2012, 7:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Feb 28th 2012, 6:58 PM
Post #3496

Scotty McCreery

Album Sales: 1,107,000
Track Sales: 1,281,000
Radio Plays: 76,000
YouTube Plays: 13,313,012

The tenth season victor is one of the most successful "Idol" contestants in recent years, with his debut "Clear as Day" already achieving Platinum status by the RIAA -- and Scotty the first "Idol" to pull off the achievement with a debut since David Cook. The deep-voiced teen has placed two singles on the Hot 100 and Hot Country Songs charts ("I Love You This Big" and "The Trouble With Girls"), and is currently touring alongside Brad Paisley and The Band Perry this winter. McCreery may be remembered as the winner who saved "Idol," returning the show to prominence after its two previous winners fizzled in popularity. Not even a year in, and he's already at No. 15 on our list -- that should tell you something from the get-go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
drdeb
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:27 PM
Post #3497

QUOTE(Lexien @ Feb 28th 2012, 6:02 PM) *

http://www.billboard.com/column/reality-ch...62.story?page=2

This article seems to be an up-to-date sales comparison for Idols...has Scotty at #15 already w00twave.gif with 1, 107, 000 in album sales...must include international...so that's over 150K international, right w00twave.gif w00twave.gif

Or perhaps it includes his AI EPs?! . . . Either way, Scotty's stats after only 9 months in the business are AMAZING!! thumbup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:36 PM
Post #3498

QUOTE(drdeb @ Feb 28th 2012, 7:27 PM) *

Or perhaps it includes his AI EPs?! . . . Either way, Scotty's stats after only 9 months in the business are AMAZING!! thumbup.gif

I'm thinking it's with the ep sales.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:37 PM
Post #3499

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(nana/sami @ Feb 28th 2012, 11:52 AM) *

Oh Yea... I can't wait for VB... SOLO SOLO
And hopefully he will be at CMA Fest as well... bought my tickets today!
SOLO... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Once you've seen a Scotty SOLO you want more and more and more wub.gif yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Feb 28th 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #3500

QUOTE(drdeb @ Feb 28th 2012, 7:27 PM) *

Yep, I realized this later...so we really don't know about international...

Hmm...even though, if that included the EPs and the compilation albums, this isn't enough...

939,000 K Clear as Day as of last week
33,000 K compilation album as of last numbers
200,000 K EPs as of last known numbers (by the way, this is from my memory, I could be off a bit)

1,162,000 K right?

Bottom line, great after only 9 months thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

363 Pages V « < 173 174 175 176 177 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 11:04 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol