Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paul McDonald Press !, News and Mag articles online and print!
lifesabeach
post Mar 4th 2011, 8:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Post PUBLISHED articles about Paul in here.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Adam-The boy who fell to Earth, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 4th 2011, 8:45 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Wow, I googled for Paul news and there's a whole trove out there.

here's one:

http://www.2snaps.tv/98110949

Paul McDonald Most Popular American Idol on Twitter
By wildouble - Posted on March 4th, 2011

American Idol faced this same problem with Twitter last year. Idol fans will be able to track the popularity of season 10 contestants based on their Twitter followers, but don't take the numbers too seriously. Last year's winner Lee Dewyze was one of the least followed Idols on Twitter at the start of the competition. Dewyze had around 800 followers to Andre W. Garcia's 2,000. The runner-up, Crystal Bowersox had just over 1,000.

So far this year, Paul McDonald is in the lead with around 2,500 followers, and wild card pick Ashthon Jones is the least popular with 296 followers. Thia Megia leads the girls with over 1,000 followers, and believe it or not, Jacob Lusk is the least followed male with just over 400 people reading his tweets.

Like I said, the number of Twitter followers isn't a clear indication of an Idol's chances at winning, and a variety of factors could play into why someone like Lusk has a low total, (number of tweets, friends and family, previous singing background), but it does offer an interesting look at a person's popularity on the show.

Here is a complete list of all the Top 13's verified Twitter accounts and their number of followers at the time of this post.

Here's anice blog post by someone at the Huntsville Times (they use the same pic as my siggie):

http://blog.al.com/entertainment-times/2011/03/post_81.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 4:50 AM
Post #3

This one has video!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...dark-horse.html

Paul McDonald: 'American Idol's' new dark horse?
By Tierney Bricker
March 1, 2011 11:24 PM ET

Wow, we are really glad the "American Idol" producers stopped hiding Paul McDonald in the basement.

We first met Paul during the Nashville auditions, where we got to see about 20 seconds of his rendition of Rod Stewart's "Maggie May." That was pretty much the last time we saw him until Hollywood Week where he made an impression with his rendition of The Beatles' "Blackbird" and later, his performance of an original song (with his band The Grand Magnolias) "American Dreams."

Paul revisited "Maggie May" (Actually, does he know any other songs? Stay tuned...) during the Mar. 1 episode and this time, we actually got to hear more than 20 seconds of it. Progress! The song highlights his weird (in a good way) voice and he showed off his compelling stage presence, which screams "I'm the frontman of a band."

Jennifer Lopez loved Paul's 1000 watt smile, Randy Jackson once again pointed out how unique he was ("this bodes well for us") and Steven Tyler said he has "a real character" about his voice and coined Paul's movements on stage as "the McDonald two-step."

Do you think Paul will go far in the competition, Zappers?

"What's up TV Land?"

This post has been edited by lifesabeach: Mar 5th 2011, 4:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 5:39 AM
Post #4

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...ald-on-the-move

'American Idol' an easy ratings champ -- plus Paul McDonald on the move

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'American Idol' an easy ratings champ -- plus Paul McDonald on the move - National TV | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...e#ixzz1FixwZdEG

As if there was any doubt, "American Idol" Thursday night ultimately ended up dominating in the ratings -- not only that, but it led the way for the most-watched Thursday night for a network in four years.

With 25 million viewers total along with a whopping 8.1 rating among adults 18-49, "Idol" easily took over the airwaves as the Top 24 quickly became the Top 13. Many other shows on television were in reruns, but it also goes to show that this season is quickly picking up some serious steam. (These numbers were also an improvement of 12.5% from Wednesday's ratings.)

--

In other show news, with the new announcement the Top 13 all have been preparing for the next part of the journey. The first step? Apparently, it's creating a new "Idol" Twitter account so everyone can start even. Paul McDonald has pretty much been a star on both the show and the social media world, so we'll share his new page first and foremost. As of right now, he says that the singers are all moving into their house and are prepping to hit the studio later in the day.

Who do you think you are rooting for at the moment?

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'American Idol' an easy ratings champ -- plus Paul McDonald on the move - National TV | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...e#ixzz1Fixne9e4

--------------------

+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Mar 5th 2011, 4:58 PM
Post #5

Paul McDonald on making the Top 13
"It was relief. It was one of those things. I've just been kind of doing my own thing and taking it a day at a time. They keep putting me through and America voted on me, too, which is so, so cool man, to see people dig me up there, because I'm kind of unique. I'm not the normal American Idol kind of dude. It was cool, man. I'm just really excited and thankful."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id...ng-the-top-13/1

--------------------
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #6

^^ I love that he's having this experience and it's so positive for him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Mar 5th 2011, 5:38 PM
Post #7

Fav. SYTYCD9: Witney Carson
Fav. SYTYCD10: Nico Greetham
Fav. SYTYCD11: Teddy Coffey

What sets you apart from the other contestants?
I guess I am the quirky one with the white teeth. I am just being me. Genre-wise, I think I am outside of the box from the others because I donít really listen to top 40 radio and I donít have the range to do those Celine Dion ballads. I went the band-and-indie route. I have been on a lot of stages and that helps. I think I am pretty comfortable on the stage as long as I am not trying to be somebody Iím not. Some of the others are a lot less comfortable being in front of a crowd. They donít quite know how to move and sing.

What do you need to improve to make it all the way through the competition?
I donít know. Iíve been doing this so long with my band, and it seems to have worked out so far. I literally am going to stick to my guns and be me and hopefully America and the judges see value in that and keep calling in for me. Itís hard to compete with the girls who can hit the crazy Christina Aguilera notes. I canít do that crap. Hopefully people will appreciate a break from that because we have a lot of big voices this year.

How did you feel about the sudden death semi-final round this year? Is it tough saying goodbye to so many people so suddenly?
I figured if it was meant to be, Iíd survive. One thing about being older than the others and having done the touring and recording thing with a band and trying to self-promote is that you get used to hearing no. Iíve had some bad gigs and lived through bad news, so I think I might be more prepared for rejection than some of the others.

Any theme nights you are really dreading?
I donít think I could handle an í80s hair metal night, or maybe like a death metal night. James would be thrilled by that theme and he would blow us all out of the water. But I do like the idea of being pushed outside of my comfort zone, and the theme nights force you to do that. It is a tool for them to really test how good you are at defining yourself as an artist and how you can take material and make it your own. I am used to writing my own songs and going to a studio and hammering it out. This is a challenge. So if they choose disco night, bring it on. Iíll try to do as good as I can. I have rocked a bell bottom at least once in my life.

What were you doing last year at this time?
My band was playing at SXSW, eating pizza and sleeping on peopleís floors. We were touring out of a 15-person passenger van and just making ends meet. This is definitely something totally different and new. Way flashier. The stage is brightly lit for one, and the sound always works. And thereís way more people at my gig.

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 5:42 PM
Post #8

Aww, he's so engaging. thanks for that interview. do you have a link?

--------------------

+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Mar 5th 2011, 6:06 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(lifesabeach @ Mar 6th 2011, 1:42 AM) *

Aww, he's so engaging. thanks for that interview. do you have a link?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20312226_20471464,00.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 6:07 PM
Post #10

I kinda like EW. thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
electricbeaver
post Mar 5th 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #11

Paul McDonald: People are talking a lot about my teeth. I never realized that they were that white. It helps that I don't drink tea or coffee. I brush them every once in awhile. I use Crest Vivid White toothpaste. Maybe if you print that, I'll get some free paste sent my way. I will be happy to be a spokesperson. It works. I am a thrift store guy. I love an embroidered shirt and a vintage suit. I don't think they'd try to make me wear one, but I don't think I could pull off the Adam Lambert-type studs and leather or feathers ensembles. I think the goal of the makeovers is to just be the best you. I know myself and my style pretty well at this point, but they might help you find a less used vintage vest.

Pia Toscano: I love some white teeth. Paul could give us all some tips. He has the best smile. I thought I had white teeth until I met Paul. I love change and I love playing dress up. I would be thrilled to reinvent myself every week and keep people guessing. Working with a stylist is just another perk of the show.

laughing.gif Paul and his teeth.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 5th 2011, 6:34 PM
Post #12

Pia's alright thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nadiaM
post Mar 6th 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #13

A great Interview.

ĎAmerican Idolí: Is Paul McDonaldís Quirkiness An Advantage?

That unique vocal tone, that bright white smile, that yummy rendition of Rod Stewartís ďMaggie MayĒ Ė Paul McDonald is arguably ďAmerican IdolĒ season 10ís resident heartthrob.
Sure, Jennifer Lopez called fellow competitor Casey Abrams ďsexy,Ē but fans out there in cyberspace seem to be gravitating more toward this 26-year-old from Huntsville, Alabama.

McDonald chatted up reporters at the ďAmerican IdolĒ top 13 party in Los Angeles this week to tell us a wee bit more about his experience on the show so far. Here we goÖ

Your style is really unique, and youíre very different than the rest. Do you think that can be a disadvantage to you on this show?
Yes [laughs]. It can be a huge disadvantage. I never in my wildest dreams thought I wouldíve come this far in this competition. Iíve been touring with my band for so long, I went to try out on a whim. [I thought] Iím gonna try out so I can check this off my list of crazy things to tell my grandma. I finally tried out for ďAmerican IdolĒ and here I am. Everyoneís thinking Iím cool because Iím on TV.

So is that white jacket your lucky jacket or something? Because donít you know youíre not supposed to wear the same thing twice?
I had another jacket on and my stylist was like, ĎI donít know if I dig that one, why donít you put on the rhinestone one again?í And I was like, Ďalright, Iíll bust it out again.í I canít wear it too much or Iíll be the idiot in the rhinestone jacket. I might bust it out later on down the road if it gets to that special moment. I also have a friend who made that coat for me, back home, with some new ideas. Weíll see if they make the show. My wallet is pretty thin right now. Iím still poor. I might be cool for being on TV, but Iím still broke.

Is there another genre youíre looking forward to showing us?
I donít know, man, Iím so used to doing my own thing and writing my own material for so long, so anything that they throw at me is kind of a challenge, not too much, but Iíd like them to throw stuff at me, like why donít you sing an R&B tune. Iíll be like alright, to expand my horizons as an artist. This whole thingís been fun, itís been cool. Iím up for anything. Iíd even rap if they want me to. Iím probably not that good.

Speaking of rap, Diddyís coming on to perform and mentor in the ways of swagger.
What? Dude, that is unbelievable. Yeah, teach me some dance moves because mine, Iíve been getting a whole lot of funny comments about my dance moves, maybe P. Diddy can help me out with that. Thatís unbelievable. I didnít know that, man, thatís super cool. I was in a 15-passenger van touring with a bunch of sweaty dudes throughout the U.S. eating dollar menus from McDonaldís and here I am hanging out with Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez and P. Diddy. Itís funny, you know?

Whatís been the biggest surprise?
This whole thing has been a surprise because literally I never really watched the show. Iíve been so busy touring I never really watched TV, so everythingÖ Itís like, whatís next? Tomorrow theyíre taking us to a mansion or something. I donít know. Itís all a surprise to me. Iím just letting it roll going with the flow. Hopefully, Iíll get to cut a cool record.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2011/intervie...s-an-advantage/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 7th 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #14

I think his suit needs a Twitter acct haha.gif

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...inestone-jacket

'American Idol': Paul McDonald talks famous 'rhinestone jacket'
* March 6th, 2011 1:03 pm ET

It has rhinestones, and it also has roses -- and yes, it is quickly turning into the most memorable piece of fashion on this season of "American Idol." Specifically, we are talking about that suit that we have seen Paul McDonald wear twice this season (once during the "sing for your life portion," and agian during the most recent live show).

So why did the quirky singer -- who has been predicted by many to be the dark horse for this season -- choose to bust out this attire? Speaking to Fancast in a new interview, he said that selection actually had a lot to do with the suit's repeat appearance:

"I had another jacket on and my stylist was like, ĎI donít know if I dig that one, why donít you put on the rhinestone one again?í And I was like, Ďalright, Iíll bust it out again.í I canít wear it too much or Iíll be the idiot in the rhinestone jacket. I might bust it out later on down the road if it gets to that special moment. I also have a friend who made that coat for me, back home, with some new ideas. Weíll see if they make the show. My wallet is pretty thin right now. Iím still poor. I might be cool for being on TV, but Iím still broke."

In addition to being one of the more interesting contestants so far this season in terms of look and musical style, Paul also is one of the more avid tweeters from the show's cast. If you want a fun look at how the contestants prepare for the live shows, head on over to his account.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'American Idol': Paul McDonald talks famous 'rhinestone jacket' - National TV | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...t#ixzz1Ftnvg3e7

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveThoseBoys01
post Mar 7th 2011, 2:16 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

He's so funny/adorable/smart in interviews. Love it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Mar 9th 2011, 1:11 AM
Post #16

Paul McDonald (26; born in Alabama, lives in Nashville, Tenn.). He may not be the best in vocal capacity, but his tone is so charming, the power really isn't missed. When he accompanied Maggie Mae with some playful dancing, Lopez raved that she loves somebody who smiles when he sings. What a smile! McDonald is the male eye candy of the season.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/articl...p#ixzz1G50yx1oc

--------------------
+Quote Post
od'd on glitter
post Mar 9th 2011, 1:17 AM
Post #17

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert

All of these are total wub.gif
He really is a charming guy.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Imagesome icons made by: supermeklot
phillip | hollie | heejun | elise | colton
+Quote Post
nadiaM
post Mar 9th 2011, 3:58 AM
Post #18

Another good interview.

HitFix Interview: Paul McDonald of 'American Idol'

HitFix: The big first question for a bunch of you: Are you going to change for "Idol" or is "Idol" going to have to change for you?

Paul McDonald: I'm hopin' "American Idol" changes for me, man. I don't plan on changing any time soon. I've been touring for five years and doing what I do and it's gotten me this far, man. So I'm just stickin' to my guns and being myself, man.

HitFix: You're different from a lot of these kids. Like you just said, you've been on the road for five years. How does that make your interactions with them different?

PM: It's cool. It's funny because some of these contestants, I feel, look up to me, but at the same time, I'm blown away by half these kids. I'm like, "Dude. Your voices are unbelievable, man. You're gonna tell sell tons of records." Like Lauren Alaina, man, all these guys have... Everyone. James, his range is insane. He's like, "Dude, I love your album" and I'm like, "You're ridiculous, man. Come on!" So to me, it's kinda cool thing that they see me as the older dude who's had the experience, but these kids are talented. Everybody's really good.

HitFix: What advantage might you have because of those years touring?

PM: I'm pretty comfortable on stage, man. I'm not freaking out about anything. And it's one of those things where I've been in the business for so long and I've learned not to get my hopes up about too much of anything. Someone's like, "Are you freaking out if you get kicked off the show this week?" And I'm like, "You know, I can't be upset, man. I've gone this far. It's unbelievable already." If I get kicked off, I'm not quitting, man. I'll do it the old-fashioned way. We'll get in our van and tour the club circuit and do it the old-fashioned way.

HitFix: But you'd tried it the old-fashioned way. What made you decide to try this way?

PM: It was literally out of the blue. We were on tour, supposed to be in Colorado and the venue cancelled on us. We drove back home to Nashville and were home for the weekend. Our guitar player's girlfriend was on "So You Think You Can Dance." She was like, "'American Idol' try-outs are literally five-minutes down the road. Walk down there, get your lazy musician bum out of bed and go try out for this show." And I was like, "Alright. I'll do it. I can check it off my list," because she was like, "You're gettin' old, man. You've gotta at least say you did it before you hit the age limit." So I was like, "I guess 26 is a good age to go down and do it." I'm in there sitting with a bunch of 15-year-old kids and I'm like, "Dude, what am I doing here?" I went down and sang "Tutti-Fruiti," just for fun, and they're like like "You're great." And I kept doing it and they kept putting me through... It's turned into this. I'm super-happy that I did it now. It's been a trip.

HitFix: Did you worry, though, that there might be a problem finding yourself on national TV singing Rod Stewart covers?

PM: You kinda have to go with the flow, man. I've been writing my own material for a long time. It's one of those things. Hopefully people see me as an artist. I see this as fun, man. I've been doing this for a while. I have records. And it's fun to sing cover tunes every once in a while. You wanna do Rod Stewart and get up and dance? That's fun. And people are starting to recognize my old music, so they see me as an artist. But I'll sing some covers for a few months. It's fun.

HitFix: How much are you looking forward to getting on an instrument?

PM: I'd love to, man. I play keys. I play guitar, banjo, mandolin, all kinds of stuff. Tambourine. I'm looking forward to that. But at the same time, the band is great and I get to run around a little bit more. So it's whatever. I can handle any kind of thing, man.

HitFix: And if they let you do original songs, will you?

PM: I'll definitely do original tunes. That's something that I've kinda got that other contestants don't. I'm not saying that other contestants don't have great original tunes, but I've got songs that are ready to be played on national TV and people won't boo me off stage. I've been writing for a long time and I feel confident with those. I'm better at singing those anyways. And they can't critique me as hard. They're like, "You missed the melody." And I'm like, "No I didn't. I wrote that, man."

http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/hitfix-int...-idol-top-13#10

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Mar 9th 2011, 4:16 AM
Post #19

^^ "No I didn't, I wrote that, man" haha.gif

What a cutie patooty.. and he speaks rocker speak. Love it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Mar 9th 2011, 7:34 AM
Post #20

LISA DENTON: I have to tell you that while Iím very happy that Rossvilleís Lauren Alaina Suddeth made it into ďAmerican IdolísĒ final 13, I may be even more excited that Paul McDonald is in the mix. Lauren seemed like a foregone conclusion to me. Even if viewers hadnít voted her into the finals, Iím certain the judges would have tipped their votes in her favor with a wild-card pick.

I know Paulís never lived here, but since his mother, UTC professor Susan McDonald, does, weíre gonna claim him too. He is such a cutie with that megawatt smile. But what I really like about him is that heís so different from the other guys. He has Rod Stewartís voice and Porter Wagonerís wardrobe. What a combination.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/mar/09...ext-idol-round/

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 1st 2014, 9:00 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol