Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

27 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David no longer with Jive
ailyn24voices
post Jun 26th 2011, 7:44 AM
Post #461

Group: Members

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Jun 23rd 2011, 5:45 PM) *

whoa i never heard of this..david called a girl 'hot' and 'lucious' LOL?

I find this hard to imagine as well. laughing.gif

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 26th 2011, 7:44 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

SparkleStarTia
post Jun 26th 2011, 3:21 PM
Post #462

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Jun 23rd 2011, 5:45 PM) *

whoa i never heard of this..david called a girl 'hot' and 'lucious' LOL?

happy sunday david people!! flowers.gif i guess it's jeannette's bithday today! cake.gif wonder if david got her anything? sorcerer.gif sure hope it's not an engagement ring!!! crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Aug 4th 2011, 7:54 PM
Post #463

QUOTE(Upside @ Jun 17th 2011, 1:20 PM) *

I think TOSOD is very personally revealing. Listen to the lyrics for My Kind of Perfect, Who I Am and Elevator. Adele and David are very different people with very different backgrounds. Just because David's songs don't cover the same topics as Adele's does not make them any less revealing.

It's not. It reveals tiny bit, the rest is lots of talking about nothing. Not having the same background as Adele doesn't mean David doesn't have stuff to write about and everybody knows that, but no one of course dares to say it here. As for My Kind of Perfect, ok, lol. If you think it was anything more than a fanservice to teenage girls dreaming about David at night, than good for you lol.

QUOTE(dolls17 @ Jun 17th 2011, 9:16 PM) *

Umm...do you really expect a song about those things? lol.

Yes? Christina Aguilera wrote about her father beating her mother on Stripped and Back to Basics. A divorce is a piece-of-cake compared to that.

This post has been edited by JohnA: Aug 4th 2011, 7:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
roare
post Aug 4th 2011, 8:45 PM
Post #464

It was his first album that he had a significant hand in writing. Give him some time. Perhaps he wasn't ready to reveal every single little detail of all of his emotions just yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
terrell
post Aug 5th 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #465

hi, longtime lurker here, never posted before so please bear with me ... I love Adele's album and how personal it is, but I also found TOSOD (& earlier songs David's written) to be personal too, just about David-topics, not Adele-topics. ... I felt "Don't Let Go" was written about his parents' relationship & maybe not wanting them to give up on it and split up... he poured his heart into that one, esp. live.

And STR I felt was very personal, maybe about a family member even. And in Good Place, in lyrics like "I could be a memory tomorrow, I could be nothing at all" and others, it felt like David was expressing some deep-seated fears about failing at his career, which means everything to him.

Even Elevator, it seems fun on the surface but if you ever just read the lyrics out loud, wow, more layers to that song, to me anyway. Even if I like someone's voice, if I don't connect with the songs, I get bored with them ... I feel that connection with David's songs (especially the ones he's written) because they are real and personal, and still love most of the songs on TOSOD (not all, but most). Sorry for rambling on, love reading all your posts here!

--------------------
+Quote Post
KL48
post Aug 5th 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #466

Fav. Voice S7 Cont: Matt McAndrew

QUOTE(terrell @ Aug 5th 2011, 9:52 PM) *

hi, longtime lurker here, never posted before so please bear with me ... I love Adele's album and how personal it is, but I also found TOSOD (& earlier songs David's written) to be personal too, just about David-topics, not Adele-topics. ... I felt "Don't Let Go" was written about his parents' relationship & maybe not wanting them to give up on it and split up... he poured his heart into that one, esp. live.

And STR I felt was very personal, maybe about a family member even. And in Good Place, in lyrics like "I could be a memory tomorrow, I could be nothing at all" and others, it felt like David was expressing some deep-seated fears about failing at his career, which means everything to him.

Even Elevator, it seems fun on the surface but if you ever just read the lyrics out loud, wow, more layers to that song, to me anyway. Even if I like someone's voice, if I don't connect with the songs, I get bored with them ... I feel that connection with David's songs (especially the ones he's written) because they are real and personal, and still love most of the songs on TOSOD (not all, but most). Sorry for rambling on, love reading all your posts here!

Love your first post. Agree 100 %.

--------------------
+Quote Post
cutter12
post Aug 6th 2011, 1:49 AM
Post #467

QUOTE(terrell @ Aug 5th 2011, 8:52 PM) *

Hi Terrell! bye1.gif

Great post and I agree with what you said. David's lyrics are quite interesting. They are quite thought provoking and full of interesting imagery.

--------------------
+Quote Post
archipotle
post Aug 6th 2011, 8:56 AM
Post #468

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(JohnA @ Aug 4th 2011, 8:54 PM) *

It's not. It reveals tiny bit, the rest is lots of talking about nothing. Not having the same background as Adele doesn't mean David doesn't have stuff to write about and everybody knows that, but no one of course dares to say it here. As for My Kind of Perfect, ok, lol. If you think it was anything more than a fanservice to teenage girls dreaming about David at night, than good for you lol.
Yes? Christina Aguilera wrote about her father beating her mother on Stripped and Back to Basics. A divorce is a piece-of-cake compared to that.

I'm not a teenager, I do not dream about David at night, and I think it's a fantastic song huh.gif . In my opinion, it's wonderfully written and can relate to anyone.. no matter what age you are, there's going to be a struggle at some point with finding that perfect someone for you.

This post has been edited by archipotle: Aug 6th 2011, 9:03 AM

--------------------
_David Archuleta_____________________Sam Tsui
IPB Image
_______________________________________________sammi;youtube|twitter
+Quote Post
Kris27
post Aug 6th 2011, 9:14 AM
Post #469

I too think that TOSOD was personally revealing. It was about things that David was going through and feeling at that time. Things that he wanted to say and share. I don't know everything that is going on in Adele's life but I'm sure there might be things that have happened to her that she doesn't choose to share in her music. Same goes for David. Just because he doesn't choose to share everything that is going on in his life doesn't mean his songs aren't personal. There might be some topics that David doesn't want to talk about in his music and there is nothing wrong with that. Just because Christina chooses to share certain things from her past doesn't mean that David needs to do the same. There are different artists and different types of music. There is no right or wrong.

This post has been edited by Kris27: Aug 6th 2011, 9:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
KL48
post Aug 6th 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #470

Fav. Voice S7 Cont: Matt McAndrew

QUOTE(Kris27 @ Aug 6th 2011, 9:14 AM) *

I too think that TOSOD was personally revealing. It was about things that David was going through and feeling at that time. Things that he wanted to say and share. I don't know everything that is going on in Adele's life but I'm sure there might be things that have happened to her that she doesn't choose to share in her music. Same goes for David. Just because he doesn't choose to share everything that is going on in his life doesn't mean his songs aren't personal. There might be some topics that David doesn't want to talk about in his music and there is nothing wrong with that. Just because Christina chooses to share certain things from her past doesn't mean that David needs to do the same. There are different artists and different types of music. There is no right or wrong.

Also want to say that I am an adult who relates very well with MKOP because I haven't forgotten those struggles to find lasting love -- I think it's an honest take on the topic in a way that isn't overdone. David's new song, Notice Me, hits me hard, too, because it could have been written by (and for) a certain young person I know who is struggling through the pains of high school.

This post has been edited by KL48: Aug 6th 2011, 11:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
roare
post Aug 6th 2011, 1:18 PM
Post #471

QUOTE(Kris27 @ Aug 6th 2011, 10:14 AM) *

I agree completely, and with the previous post as well original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
cutter12
post Aug 7th 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #472

QUOTE(JohnA @ Aug 4th 2011, 6:54 PM) *

What I'm getting from these posts, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that unless an artist talks about pain and suffering then they are "talking about nothing". That hope, love, belonging,self reflection, yearning, a little bit of temper tantrum, commitment, confusion and doubt are of no value. These are the feelings that I have discovered in David's music and lyrics. And, I have been interested in hearing David's journey as he has navigated through these emotions. To me, just because an artist hasn't ripped out their heart, stomped on it and then hung it out for the whole world to see, doesn't make the art any less interesting or of value.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kris27
post Aug 8th 2011, 9:04 AM
Post #473

QUOTE(cutter12 @ Aug 7th 2011, 12:35 AM) *

What I'm getting from these posts, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that unless an artist talks about pain and suffering then they are "talking about nothing". That hope, love, belonging,self reflection, yearning, a little bit of temper tantrum, commitment, confusion and doubt are of no value. These are the feelings that I have discovered in David's music and lyrics. And, I have been interested in hearing David's journey as he has navigated through these emotions. To me, just because an artist hasn't ripped out their heart, stomped on it and then hung it out for the whole world to see, doesn't make the art any less interesting or of value.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
M!Couture
post Aug 11th 2011, 3:16 AM
Post #474

Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. Goal: Travel around the WORLD

QUOTE(JohnA @ Aug 4th 2011, 7:54 PM) *

Just because Christina Aguilera and maybe other artists wrote songs about abuse or other tragic events in their lives doesn't require David to follow suit. Anyway, every artist's method of revealing a part of themselves is different. If you prefer a reflective, brooding love song like Adele's Don't You Remember versus a more hopeful love song like My Kind of Perfect, then have at it. But without knowing who David REALLY is, you really have no inside knowledge about how revealing the song is to David. But IMO it's revealing enough. Has he found his "perfect?" No. Does he want that? Well, YES. Who doesn't? It's a revealing song that a lot of listeners can relate. Just as Adele's songs are.

This post has been edited by M!Couture: Aug 11th 2011, 3:22 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit: xAriel <3 <3 <3
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Aug 11th 2011, 6:28 PM
Post #475

QUOTE(M!Couture @ Aug 11th 2011, 3:16 AM) *

Just because Christina Aguilera and maybe other artists wrote songs about abuse or other tragic events in their lives doesn't require David to follow suit. Anyway, every artist's method of revealing a part of themselves is different. If you prefer a reflective, brooding love song like Adele's Don't You Remember versus a more hopeful love song like My Kind of Perfect, then have at it. But without knowing who David REALLY is, you really have no inside knowledge about how revealing the song is to David. But IMO it's revealing enough. Has he found his "perfect?" No. Does he want that? Well, YES. Who doesn't? It's a revealing song that a lot of listeners can relate. Just as Adele's songs are.

i think david will find out soon enough that there is no such thing as "perfect" but i suspect he already knows that and no way is he gonna write about his real feelings sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
roare
post Aug 11th 2011, 7:19 PM
Post #476

I'm glad you're aware of what his real feelings are. Maybe you should drop him a message to tell him how he really feels! I'm sure he would love to find out how he's feeling today.

This post has been edited by roare: Aug 11th 2011, 7:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
shebee
post Aug 11th 2011, 9:48 PM
Post #477

QUOTE(M!Couture @ Aug 11th 2011, 3:16 AM) *

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Aug 12th 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #478

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

QUOTE(archipotle @ Aug 6th 2011, 9:56 AM) *

I'm not a teenager, I do not dream about David at night, and I think it's a fantastic song huh.gif . In my opinion, it's wonderfully written and can relate to anyone.. no matter what age you are, there's going to be a struggle at some point with finding that perfect someone for you.

This.

I'm not a teenager, and it's not David I'm thinking about when I listen to this song. I have never been in a relationship before and am in my early twenties. While I'm not upset about not having been in one, I have had the thoughts of wondering if I've met the one before, if he's still to come in my future, and even sometimes wonder the how and when and why. So imo, it is a lot more deep than a song for his teen fans.

QUOTE(cutter12 @ Aug 7th 2011, 1:35 AM) *

QUOTE(M!Couture @ Aug 11th 2011, 4:16 AM) *

These are full of win also.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CDs4Life
post Aug 13th 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #479

So can someone fill me in? I remembered when he was dropped and his offiicial site was nothing but a twitter link (and something else I think) but now it's filled with news and he's on an asian tour. i thought he was dropped yet he's promoting The Other Side OF Down?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kennedy
post Aug 13th 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #480

QUOTE(CDs4Life @ Aug 13th 2011, 11:06 AM) *

So can someone fill me in? I remembered when he was dropped and his offiicial site was nothing but a twitter link (and something else I think) but now it's filled with news and he's on an asian tour. i thought he was dropped yet he's promoting The Other Side OF Down?

CDs4Life, he left Jive. After fielding other offers from them, he just didn't want them. He has found alternate ways to have his career. TOSOD is his and he SHOULD promote it. He added to it and made it better.
He is also planning a US Christmas tour.
He doesn't need Jive for any of that.

"Creative New Ways to have a Successful Music Career" by David Archuleta. He could write this book.

--------------------
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 1st 2014, 3:26 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol