Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1006 Pages V « < 795 796 797 798 799 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SS Sauli
BHS9697
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:13 AM
Post #15921

Group: Members

QUOTE(Ame @ Mar 20th 2012, 1:09 PM) *

So is it a word ''DUUNEISTAAN'' that stands for ''my man'' in this context, isn't it?
And what is the exact meaning of ''duuneistaan'', please?

"Duuni" is Finnish slang for "a job" --> "duuneistaan" = from his job(s) (See, how in Finnish language we express 3 English words in just one longer word haha.gif )

"Mies" is literally "a / the man" original.gif

"Tähän on kyllä tultava loppu ennen kuin mies palaa duuneistaan kotiin." = This has got to stop before the man gets home from work. So actually, Sauli doesn't write "my man", it's "the man". I got it wrong in my first post, I was so excited blushing.gif

This post has been edited by BHS9697: Mar 20th 2012, 6:14 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:13 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MissA
post Mar 20th 2012, 7:08 AM
Post #15922

TV-series
March 20th, 2012

Original text: http://blogit.iltasanomat.fi/sauli/tv-sarjat
Translation by Miachihu (@miachihu) & Zinnia (@Tiiqqu), posted on March 20th, 2012

I’ve become totally crazy with the Finnish TV programs here in America. Oh my God!! TV-Kaista has started to limit my life so much that there’s no sense in it at all anymore! Today’s selection on the screen has included: Iholla (a Finnish documentary reality show), Suomen kaamein kämppä (“The most awful home in Finland”), Finnish Idols, The Voice Of Finland, Dream Weddings, Avara luonto (a wildlife documentary), Tuuri, Helsingin herra, Find my Family, and many others… whoah!! And soon starting there’s the Super Marjo, and then that Viidakon tähtöset… This isn’t gonna work, at all. This is already starting to sound like I really don’t have a life! Hah!! I’ve tuned all these programs via wireless network straight onto the big TV screen. grin.gif I’ve been sitting here all alone for two days now, laughing and every once in a while getting also a bit emotional, this really makes no sense at all. This really has got to stop before my man comes back home from his work. Hah! Luckily tomorrow there’s also for me something better and more sensible stuff to do. Thank God!!

However, those Finnish TV series do bring a lot of joy and cheer you up in the normal everyday life, and you get that familiar and safe feeling of Finland from them. In the USA there are too many TV channels. You get so tired browsing through all of them and usually you can’t find anything to watch. Hundreds of channels and millions of TV commercials. Usually I watch all the series and movies recorded, because then I can fast forward the commercials. A lot faster to watch the series grin.gif. They can stuff at least five commercial breaks into a half an hour’s episode. That’s not nice!

My favorite TV series which I’m following closely right now are: Breaking Bad, Smash, Modern Family, and soon my absolute favorite True Blood is starting again!! I can’t wait!! By the way, I met some stars of the True Blood at the Elton John’s party and I told them I’m a big fan of their series. grin.gif

The most shocking TV series that I’ve ever seen is Toddlers and Tiaras! It tells about child beauty queens and their parents. It’s a really sad thing to watch. I don’t even have words to describe this program, just giving you a link to watch by yourselves. Here!. OMG!!

Next weekend I’m going on a little trip again, and next Wednesday is my birthday and Tuesday is my nameday. Yay!! You can congratulate me then!! Hahahaha! grin.gif I have no idea yet how I’m going to celebrate my birthday, but no doubt I’ll figure out something fun!!

xoxo

/S

--------------------
+Quote Post
mrembo
post Mar 20th 2012, 7:19 AM
Post #15923

QUOTE(BHS9697 @ Mar 20th 2012, 6:13 AM) *

"Duuni" is Finnish slang for "a job" --> "duuneistaan" = from his job(s) (See, how in Finnish language we express 3 English words in just one longer word haha.gif )

"Mies" is literally "a / the man" original.gif

"Tähän on kyllä tultava loppu ennen kuin mies palaa duuneistaan kotiin." = This has got to stop before the man gets home from work. So actually, Sauli doesn't write "my man", it's "the man". I got it wrong in my first post, I was so excited blushing.gif

Wow learning new languages is hard pinch.gif but "the man" doesn't make sense in this context but anyway I think we know what he meant right? wub.gif

I honestly don't know what it is about Sauli but I just want to squeeze and hug him real tight huggy.gif heart.gif . I hope he has fun over his birthday and sees his group card that has been signed by sooo many people. He is adorable icecream.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
- Sig made by istersay
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:06 AM
Post #15924

QUOTE(mrembo @ Mar 20th 2012, 2:19 PM) *

Wow learning new languages is hard pinch.gif but "the man" doesn't make sense in this context but anyway I think we know what he meant right? wub.gif

I honestly don't know what it is about Sauli but I just want to squeeze and hug him real tight huggy.gif heart.gif . I hope he has fun over his birthday and sees his group card that has been signed by sooo many people. He is adorable icecream.gif

I think I've seen "the man" used sometimes in (older?) English, as in a husband thinking to himself "I'd better take the garbage out before the wife comes home since I promised her I would" but I'm not sure...

Yeah, languages and translations are sometimes complex especially when you can't translate literally but that's what makes them so intriguing, imo original.gif

Aaaand, I know how you feel about how presh Sauli always is wub.gif

This post has been edited by BHS9697: Mar 20th 2012, 8:08 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MissA
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:18 AM
Post #15925

Sauli mentioned his name day in his blog, and on Twitter I noticed that this tradition is not familiar to everyone. So here: original.gif

What Are Name Days?
Finland is one of many countries in Europe which celebrates Name Days (called Nimipäivä in Finnish). A country having a tradition for celebrating Name Days normally dedicates a name or names (male and female) to every calendar day of the year. A person then celebrates a Name Day on the day in the calendar where his or her Christian Name Appears.

The names used and their date placement in the calendar are often associated with religious names, religious days, national historical personalities and national historical events. Normal country specific Christian names, and even new Christian names which have been integrated and accepted into a countries list of nationally recognized names, are also given their own position in the calendar.

The official Name Days Almanac of Finland is published by the Almanac Office at the University of Helsinki and contains all Finnish official Name Days lists (Finnish, Swedish, Sami and Greek Catholic). The University of Helsinki Almanac office, was established in 1994 and has a staff of three astronomers.

In Finland Name Days can be celebrated in the same way as a birthday, where the individual having the Name Day will receive greeting cards, flowers or gifts from friends and family. Name Day celebrations do however differ from person to person and some individuals may choose not to mark the day with pomp and splendour. Never the less regardless of how a person celebrates his/her Name Day in Finland, they will appreciate you wishing them "Happy Name Day!" which in Finnish is "Hyvää Nimipäivää!"

http://www.finnguide.fi/calendar/namedays.asp

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ame
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:30 AM
Post #15926

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(mrembo @ Mar 20th 2012, 7:19 AM) *

Hopefully Sauli will see the card and let us know what he thinks about it. Though, I'm not worried because he is a real sweetheart and I assume he will like our gift. IMHO it will be a very beautiful surprise for him. Don't think Adam's BB expects something like that and I really do hope he doesn't have a clue about what we are going to give him wink.gif Pssssh wub.gif

This post has been edited by Ame: Mar 20th 2012, 8:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
m&m
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:40 AM
Post #15927

I just read Sauli's new blog and saw that he's talking about a little weekend trip again...aww. original.gif Maybe (probably) the boyfriends get to see each other again. wub.gif

I agree with many of you here that Sauli is always so presh. I think it's lovely that people are signing a birthday card for him. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
fab21122012
post Mar 20th 2012, 9:12 AM
Post #15928

NEW TUTKA:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/videot/viihde/is...8456442398.html

--------------------
"I know it gets hard sometimes" Oh, Adam
+Quote Post
fab21122012
post Mar 20th 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #15929

Geralyn Kay‏@GeralynK
You've got 2 watch this! ADORABLE! Aussies Down Under wish Sauli a Happy Birthday. http://fb.me/13YxY4js5

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Mar 20th 2012, 9:14 PM
Post #15930

IPB Image
NEVER CLOSE OUR EYES huggy.gif wub.gif
(by Adam Lambert)

You know that I wish that this night would never be over
there’s plenty of time to sleep when we die
So let’s just stay awake until we grow older
If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never, never!

I don’t wanna let a minute get away
cause we got no time to lose
none of us are promised to see tomorrow
and what we do is ours to choose

Forget about the sunrise
fight the sleep in your eyes
I don’t wanna miss a second with you
Let’s stay this way forever
it’s only getting better if we want it to

If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never
http://kathryn17.tumblr.com/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Mar 21st 2012, 2:05 AM
Post #15931

Whoa, another new Tutka!

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/videot/viihde/is...8456405183.html

We're being spoiled to rotten this week with all the blogs, Tutkas and also the snippets from Trespassing heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
adamsdorado
post Mar 21st 2012, 2:19 AM
Post #15932

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Mar 20th 2012, 9:14 PM) *

IPB Image
NEVER CLOSE OUR EYES huggy.gif wub.gif
(by Adam Lambert)

If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never, never!

I don’t wanna let a minute get away
cause we got no time to lose
none of us are promised to see tomorrow
and what we do is ours to choose

Forget about the sunrise
fight the sleep in your eyes
I don’t wanna miss a second with you
Let’s stay this way forever
it’s only getting better if we want it to

If I had my way we’d never close our eyes, our eyes, never
http://kathryn17.tumblr.com/

wub.gif it must feel good to be able to sing a love song this good when you're in love wub.gif the things i would have done to adam if i were sauli shifty.gif

--------------------
“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
Judy Garland
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Mar 21st 2012, 4:25 AM
Post #15933

Anyone interested in learning some Finnish words with audio, this is for you! original.gif

http://www.digitaldialects.com/Finnish.htm

(It includes vocabulary sections e.g. Fuit and vegetables. Just sayin'... whistling.gif )

QUOTE(adamsdorado @ Mar 21st 2012, 9:19 AM) *

wub.gif it must feel good to be able to sing a love song this good when you're in love wub.gif the things i would have done to adam if i were sauli shifty.gif

Oh, don't even get me started... devil.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Mar 21st 2012, 1:36 PM
Post #15934

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Mar 22nd 2012, 5:42 AM
Post #15935

QUOTE(BHS9697 @ Mar 22nd 2012, 12:02 PM) *

A heart warming Adam phone interview / article in a Finnish teen magazine Demi 4/2012 via @laura_ansa. I hope someone has time to translate it. It's nothing new but through Adam's thoughts and experiences it gives teens encouragement on how to overcome their insecurities heart.gif They also advice readers to follow Adam's example and give up their birthday for charity original.gif It's titled "Listen to Adam" which can be understood in so many ways.

http://www.yfrog.com/odxdwyuj
http://yfrog.com/h695445481j
http://yfrog.com/odxdwyuj
http://yfrog.com/oertreoj

(Grrr... can't bring the pictures here for some reason... Hope the links work, though!)

And a quote from that intv: @illuxxia "I'm still learning to be open and at the same time keep some things private. I love Sauli so much, and that's all everyone needs to know"

wub.gif

ETA: Translation at Adamtopia by Miachicu and Zinnia original.gif

http://www.adamtopia.com/index.cgi?action=...p;page=1#145694

This post has been edited by BHS9697: Mar 22nd 2012, 2:36 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Mar 22nd 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #15936

"The most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me... I love you. And it was from the heart."

IPB Image

http://adamandsauli.blogspot.com/2012/03/m...e-you-most.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
StardustGlamour1
post Mar 22nd 2012, 2:28 PM
Post #15937

Did anyone put up the last Tutka translation yet? Sorry if I missed it and it's already been posted.

http://www.adamtopia.com/index.cgi?board=s...=630&page=2

--------------------
Glambert #1903
+Quote Post
fab21122012
post Mar 22nd 2012, 3:01 PM
Post #15938

I only just noticed that Sauli and Adam has almost complitely same colour hair now when Sauli has dyed the root of his hair deep brown. Haha, is it on purpose? They are starting to look really alike! laughing.gif

EDIT: here is the full translation to that cute interview:
http://www.adamtopia.com/index.cgi?action=...p;page=1#145694

This post has been edited by fab21122012: Mar 22nd 2012, 3:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ellih1
post Mar 22nd 2012, 5:29 PM
Post #15939

have you seen this: http://www.city.fi/artikkeli/Adam+Lambert/4541/

it says that Adam likes mushrooms and cocaine and beating Sauli. Really nice article written by some crazy finnish journalist. I feel so proud to be finnish now no.gif not.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tmo
post Mar 22nd 2012, 6:11 PM
Post #15940

QUOTE(ellih1 @ Mar 22nd 2012, 2:29 PM) *

have you seen this: http://www.city.fi/artikkeli/Adam+Lambert/4541/

It says that Adam likes mushrooms and cocaine and beating Sauli. Really nice article written by some crazy finnish journalist. I feel so proud to be finnish now no.gif not.

It doesn`t say that Adam likes cocaine!!! It says that everything cirkled (?) around cocaine and that he was becoming bitter. It also says that he was looking for something, he just didn´t know what!

It doesn`t say that he likes mushrooms either!! It says that he had an psychedelic experience in the Burning Man festival... he has talked about it several times!!

And there is nothing in the text that says that Adam likes to beat up Sauli!! In the text it says that Niko has told that Adam tried to hit Sauli when they got out from the club...

The interwiever tries to ask alot about Sauli, and Adam wonders if all the questions are about S. Adam says " is every question about Sauli? I think every question is about him! I got you! I know that you want to know about him. But if you want to ask questions about Sauli you should ask him."

It`s not a good article!! And it´s not a good thing that texts get translated wrong!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

1006 Pages V « < 795 796 797 798 799 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 30th 2014, 8:08 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol