Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

93 Pages V « < 77 78 79 80 81 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lay Out Your Best Paths to Republican Nomination and/or General Election Win
RWG
post Feb 13th 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #1561

Group: Members

"PublicPolicyPolling @ppppolls Close
Barring some big shift in tonight's calls Santorum will be up by 10-15 on the Michigan poll"

They eat with knives and forks in Michigan, and Romney's father was the governor there. Shouldn't that be a cakewalk for him?

Pew Research shows moderates going towards Obama. Leads Romney 52-44, Santorum 53-43, and Gingrich 57-39.

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 13th 2012, 5:11 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Famousgrl
post Feb 13th 2012, 7:20 PM
Post #1562

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Yeah, Jenn, I posted a calculator where people can compare their salaries to Romney's.

The problem for me isn't that he's rich. A rich person can fight for people who don't have much money, and many of them have. Romney doesn't give a sh*t.

That would be something if Santorum wins Michigan @ RWG.

Fox News' Liz Trotta On Women Raped In Military: 'What Did They Expect? These People Are In Close Contact' (VIDEO)

IPB Image

Fox News pundit Liz Trotta make a series of incendiary statements about rape in the military during a Sunday appearance on the network.

Trotta was reacting to news that the military will allow women to work closer to the front lines. Speaking to Fox News host Eric Shawn, she alleged that feminists wanted "to be warriors and victims at the same time."

She cited a recent Pentagon report that sex crimes committed by army personnel have increased by 64% over the past six years. Then she made a startling statement:

"I think they have actually discovered there is a difference between men and women. And the sexual abuse report says that there has been, since 2006, a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults. Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact, the whole airing of this issue has never been done by Congress, it's strictly been a question of pressure from the feminists."

Trotta also alleged that "feminists" have demanded too much money to fund programs for sexual abuse victims. "You have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much," she said.

Shawn argued that the programs are necessary to protect those victims. Trotta responded that the purpose of the military is "to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war."

Trotta has a history of controversial statements. Among other things, she joked about assassinating President Obama during his campaign in 2008.

(h/t Think Progress)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/f..._n_1274018.html

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 13th 2012, 9:19 PM
Post #1563

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 13th 2012, 3:01 PM) *

^ haha.gif

There is so much hilarious Newt multimedia on YouTube. I'm really going to miss it once he reverts to irrelevance.

Me too sad.gif haha.gif

QUOTE(RWG @ Feb 13th 2012, 3:11 PM) *

"PublicPolicyPolling @ppppolls Close
Barring some big shift in tonight's calls Santorum will be up by 10-15 on the Michigan poll"

They eat with knives and forks in Michigan, and Romney's father was the governor there. Shouldn't that be a cakewalk for him?.
w00t.gif
That would be amazing

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 13th 2012, 5:20 PM) *

Yeah, Jenn, I posted a calculator where people can compare their salaries to Romney's.

The problem for me isn't that he's rich. A rich person can fight for people who don't have much money, and many of them have. Romney doesn't give a sh*t.

That would be something if Santorum wins Michigan @ RWG.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/f..._n_1274018.html

Ew what a gross woman. I mean seriously!?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 13th 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #1564

Oh, Stormy, I forgot to say, I'll respond to your stuff later.

And I don't think it's so much for the novelty, as much as it's just that they don't have much pride, IMO.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 13th 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #1565

The Top Ten Catholic positions that Rick Santorum conveniently ignores.

IPB Image
I know I'm right, regardless of your silly "evidence."

As we have seen Santorum has taken what he sees as the perfect wedge issue, Obama's "forcing" of religious organization to provide contraception through insurance (An issue now diffused by the Obama administration which now allows insurance companies to handle this instead, But Santorum would never let facts get in the way of a good attack strategy.), and really run with it.

But, as it turns out, there are plenty of stances taken by his Catholic church, that Rick is completely out of step with. Here are ten, courtesy of Juan Cole:

1. So for instance, Pope John Paul II was against anyone going to war against Iraq I think you’ll find that Rick Santorum managed to ignore that Catholic teaching.

2.The Conference of Catholic Bishops requires that health care be provided to all Americans. I.e., Rick Santorum’s opposition to universal health care is a betrayal of the Catholic faith he is always trumpeting.

3. The Catholic Church opposes the death penalty for criminals in almost all situations. (Santorum largely supports executions.)

4. The US Conference of Bishops has urged that the federal minimum wage be increased, for the working poor. Santorum in the Senate repeatedly voted against the minimum wage.

5. The bishops want welfare for all needy families, saying “We reiterate our call for a minimum national welfare benefit that will permit children and their parents to live in dignity. A decent society will not balance its budget on the backs of poor children.” Santorum is a critic of welfare.

6. The US bishops say that “the basic rights of workers must be respected–the right to productive work, to decent and fair wages, to the organization and joining of unions…”. Santorum, who used to be supportive of unions in the 1990s, has now, predictably, turned against them.

7. Catholic bishops demand the withdrawal of Israel from Palestinian territories occupied in 1967. Rick Santorum denies that there are any Palestinians, so I guess he doesn’t agree with the bishops on that one.

8. The US Conference of Catholic Bishops ripped into Arizona’s law on treatment of immigrants, Cardinal Roger Mahony characterized Arizona’s S.B. 1070 as “the country’s most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-immigrant law,” saying it is based on “totally flawed reasoning: that immigrants come to our country to rob, plunder, and consume public resources.” He even suggested that the law is a harbinger of an American Nazism! Santorum attacks ‘anchor babies’ or the provision of any services to children of illegal immigrants born and brought up in the US.

9. The Bishops have urged that illegal immigrants not be treated as criminals and that their contribution to this country be recognized.

10. The US Conference of Bishops has denounced, as has the Pope, the Bush idea of ‘preventive war’, and has come out against an attack on Iran in the absence of a real and present threat of an Iranian assault on the US. In contrast, Santorum wants to play Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove and ride the rocket down on Isfahan himself.

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/201...-that-rick.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 14th 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #1566

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 13th 2012, 8:21 PM) *

Oh, Stormy, I forgot to say, I'll respond to your stuff later.

And I don't think it's so much for the novelty, as much as it's just that they don't have much pride, IMO.

Okay original.gif

I could see that. I think they draw pride out of being the novelty though you know? Have all these White Men validate their opinion and somehow they're this educated person who didn't let their Race, ethnicity, Gender or orientation hold them back and be a victim or whatever nonsense those people are spewing that day of the week.

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 13th 2012, 8:27 PM) *

Oooh This was nice. I was so irritated when Huckabee at CPAC said that now because of Obama we "all are Catholic" angry.gif I wonder if he would still say that after seeing that list. shifty.gif I wish someone would point out that the majority of Catholics don't agree with him and dont want to be associated with him! whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 14th 2012, 4:32 PM
Post #1567

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. TV6: Josh Kaufman

The CBS poll out today has Santorum leading Romney 30-27% nationally. shocked.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 15th 2012, 7:07 PM
Post #1568

On a talk show the other day, someone called in and brought up the fact that, it used to be the federal government had specific responsibilities, but they were minimal. Defense and a sound currency were the examples brought up by the caller. Since then, we've been tacking on so many other things. I had wondered, if anyone wanted to speak to not how large they wanted government to be, but what would be considered the role of government. Bit of a basic question, but it hasn't been discussed here in a while.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
newarchiefan
post Feb 15th 2012, 7:47 PM
Post #1569

Fav. Person: David Archuleta

Santorum is a disgusting person.

Unless you are a straight white Christian male, he thinks you are some kind of lesser person who is not meant to participate in society.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 15th 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #1570

Rick Santorum's Wife Karen Sued Doctor For $500,000, Despite Senator's Calls For Tort Reform

IPB Image

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has advocated capping medical malpractice awards at $250,000, but in 1999, his wife sued her doctor over a back injury and asked for twice that amount

As ABC News reports, Santorum's wife, Karen, sued a Virginia-based chiropractor for half-a-million dollars for allegedly bungling a spinal adjustment.

The suit charged that in November 1996, Karen saw Dr. David Dolberg for a spinal alignment, according to an article by Roll Call on Dec. 13, 1999. The adjustment, however, was performed improperly and resulted in a herniated disk that caused her physical pain and emotional suffering, and required surgery and multiple doctors' visits, she alleged.

She sued for $500,000, despite the fact that her medical bills totaled approximately $18,800.

While the jury awarded Karen $350,000, a judge later reduced the amount to $175,000.

By the time of the lawsuit, then-Sen. Santorum had taken up the cause of tort reform, twice sponsoring or co-sponsoring bills limiting the non-economic awards for pain and suffering that a plaintiff could seek to $250,000.

A significant part of what the Santorums were concerned about at the time of the lawsuit was that Karen would not be able to help the senator's re-election campaign, as she had done in the past.

oll Call reported on Jan. 10, 2000, that the senator had testified that his wife had "trouble walking, bending and lifting and has suffered humiliation from weight gain associated with her injury."

"We have to go out and do a lot of public things. She wants to look nice, so it's really difficult," said Santorum, according to the 1999 Roll Call piece.

Santorum also testified that it would be tough for Karen to go knocking on doors "because of her physical limitations and the poor self-image."

"She has always been intricately involved in my campaigns," Santorum said, explaining that he and his wife "knocked on 20,000 doors together" during his previous campaign.

When asked about the apparent contradiction after the verdict, Santorum told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette on Dec. 11, 1999, "The court proceedings are a personal family matter. I will not be offering any further public comments, other than that I am not a party to the suit. But I am fully supportive of my wife."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/r..._n_1276575.html

haha.gif rolleyes.gif Typical.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 16th 2012, 2:41 AM
Post #1571

Here goes Mitt.

Ad War Update: Romney's Spending Spree

IPB Image

Pro-Romney Super PAC Restore Our Future takes aim at Santorum's "fiscal heresies" in Michigan, Arizona and Ohio.

A similar version is running in the South. Needless to say, the Super PAC is going big:

Restore Our Future will spend a total of $1.25 million in Michigan in the two weeks leading up to the state's February 28 primary; Romney's campaign is augmenting that with $617,000 in Michigan ads this week, though they haven't bought time next week yet. ... Restore Our Future is also placing big advertising bets on Arizona ($121,000 this week, $493,000 next week); Ohio ($112,000 this week, $634,000 next week); Tennessee ($108,000 this week, $426,000 next week); Oklahoma ($36,000 this week, $199,000 next week); and Georgia ($119,000 this week, $554,000 next week.

All told, the Romney-backing PAC is spending $5 million on television advertising over the next two weeks, an incredible amount usually reserved for the final days of a general election campaign, not a primary battle.

According to Rachel Weiner's reporting, there will be 29 times more Romney ads than Santorum ads running in Michigan.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/20...e+Daily+Dish%29

Santorum's been expanding his lead in the recent Michigan polls, by the way. Unfortunately for him, Michigan still isn't until the 28th. Enough time for Romney to carpet bomb him...

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Feb 16th 2012, 2:43 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 16th 2012, 3:02 PM
Post #1572

However I don't think Romney's anitLabour Message is gonna help him in Michigan
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72983.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 17th 2012, 3:43 PM
Post #1573

So Gallup now shows 34% nation-wide having joined Santorum's troglodytes. IPB Image This can't be real...

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 15th 2012, 11:41 PM) *

Here goes Mitt.
All told, the Romney-backing PAC is spending $5 million on television advertising over the next two weeks, an incredible amount usually reserved for the final days of a general election campaign, not a primary battle.

According to Rachel Weiner's reporting, there will be 29 times more Romney ads than Santorum ads running in Michigan.
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/20...e+Daily+Dish%29

Santorum's been expanding his lead in the recent Michigan polls, by the way. Unfortunately for him, Michigan still isn't until the 28th. Enough time for Romney to carpet bomb him...

Look like Mitt is buying himself time by dropping out of the March 1 debate. Paul follows. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Feb 17th 2012, 4:48 PM
Post #1574

WTF?! lmao.gif :

I literally have never seen a politician more awkward than Romney. I imagine he's like how people described Nixon, but even worse. The thing Romney has over him is that at least Romney is photogenic.

haha.gif This is accurate:

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 17th 2012, 6:41 PM
Post #1575

To be that sincere lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 17th 2012, 7:20 PM
Post #1576

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Feb 17th 2012, 1:48 PM) *

WTF?! lmao.gif :

I literally have never seen a politician more awkward than Romney. I imagine he's like how people described Nixon, but even worse. The thing Romney has over him is that at least Romney is photogenic.

haha.gif This is accurate:

"I like... lamp" is exactly what I thought of when first saw the clip. I read it earlier today, but you really need the video for the full effect.

One of my favourite campaign moments so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Feb 17th 2012, 8:27 PM
Post #1577

New video on Romney and the Olympics. from the DNC

This post has been edited by Stormiya: Feb 17th 2012, 8:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #1578

Rudy posted this originally, but I thought I'd share this article from The Daily Beast on Romney.

It really is too bad, because I liked the old Romney. I still respect him as a person, but he's having a hard time right now. He can't even go after his current rival (Santorum) on these far-out positions on social issues because he's positioned himself as "severely conservative." The public would never allow him to flip back again.

Romney Should Have Run as a Massachusetts Moderate
Elections are won in the center. At least that’s what Bill Clinton taught me. After the pain of the Carter, Mondale, and Dukakis defeats, Clinton was determined to lead his party back to the middle—and to the White House. So he called for “an end to welfare as we know it,” proposed adding 100,000 cops to our streets, and publicly remonstrated Sister Souljah for suggesting that perhaps it would be OK if black people killed white people during the L.A. riots of 1992.

Challenging the established orthodoxy was gutsy. Challenging it and winning the Democratic nomination was historic. But Clinton understood that unless he broke with what he called “the brain-dead politics of both parties,” the nomination itself was a worthless prize.

Why doesn’t Mitt Romney understand that? Why has he abandoned his longstanding moderation and embraced the furthest fringe of the right wing? It certainly hasn’t endeared him to the right. His disapproval among Republicans has soared 13 points in the latest CNN/Opinion Research poll. And it has disgusted independents, pushing Romney’s negatives to 53 percent in the same poll.

It takes a remarkable blend of phoniness and fecklessness to simultaneously alienate independents and Republicans. But it didn’t have to be this way. Romney could have run on the moderate record he built in Massachusetts.
The Daily Beast

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #1579

NBC News First Read @NBCFirstRead
Gingrich: Defeating Obama is 'a duty of national security'

Not quite as good as the gay fascism remark, but still good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #1580

QUOTE(Drew @ Feb 20th 2012, 2:27 PM) *

Rudy posted this originally, but I thought I'd share this article from The Daily Beast on Romney.

It really is too bad, because I liked the old Romney. I still respect him as a person, but he's having a hard time right now. He can't even go after his current rival (Santorum) on these far-out positions on social issues because he's positioned himself as "severely conservative." The public would never allow him to flip back again.

The Daily Beast

It must feel bad subjecting yourself to national media exposure and portraying yourself as anything other than exactly what you are. Because of his record and, as you mentioned, the way he's labelled himself, Romney has pretty much lost control over what he can and cannot say he fundamentally believes in. That must be agonizing--not as a politician, but as a human.

--------------------
+Quote Post

93 Pages V « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 29th 2014, 9:46 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol