Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

93 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lay Out Your Best Paths to Republican Nomination and/or General Election Win
Stormiya
post Mar 16th 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #1741

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. CI1: Audrey de Montigny
Fav. Pop Idol: Will Young

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 16th 2012, 4:28 AM) *

I understand what you're saying, but I still say some of these folks are so anti-Obama, there's no way they're going to miss an opportunity to vote against him.

He was a moderate Mormon. 28% of the country says they wont ever vote for a Mormon. I think you guys give a vocal minority way too much credit on the whole hating Obama issue.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 16th 2012, 11:41 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Drew
post Mar 16th 2012, 3:13 PM
Post #1742

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. TV6: Josh Kaufman

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Mar 16th 2012, 12:41 PM) *

He was a moderate Mormon. 28% of the country says they wont ever vote for a Mormon. I think you guys give a vocal minority way too much credit on the whole hating Obama issue.

I kind of thought that's just something people say, until there's an actual general election fight, you know?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 16th 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #1743

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Like chrisnelson, this guy also believes that Palin is plotting a nomination via brokered convention:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dun..._b_1351763.html

The whole article is interesting, and begins with talking about her approach. The end, though, makes a plausible case for how she could actually get the nomination that way. It starts from the "But in the bubble of the Republican convention..." part, until the end of the article.

I didn't think about the fact that most of the delegates are really conservative.

On the topic of a brokered convention, imagine how annoyed the actual candidates would be? They actually have spent a year, day in and day out, campaigning and all of that, and then someone could just waltz in...? I'd be livid.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post Mar 18th 2012, 1:06 AM
Post #1744

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Mar 16th 2012, 11:41 AM) *

I wouldn't say that I'd never vote for a Mormon, but it's an enormous challenge to, knowing their views. American Indians descended from ancient Israelites, horses, cattle, etc in pre-Columbus American, etc? Oh lawdy

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 18th 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #1745

This election would be over if it weren't for Marco Rubio.

F'n' Rubio.

Dems are so lame for not stopping him in his tracks when they had their chance. They should have been so strategic about never even letting him get into the Senate.

Stupid.

Romney can't even crack 14% without him right now. I swear, Romney wouldn't get more than 20% of the hispanic vote if not for Rubio.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 18th 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #1746

FYI, the debate that was schedule for Monday night has been canceled. Romney and Santorum both pulled out.

So no more Republican debates now!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 18th 2012, 2:22 PM
Post #1747

Mitt Romney's approval numbers among Republicans even lower than John McCain's at this time in 2008.

IPB Image

According to this poll by Gallup.

A little more than one-third of Republicans say they would vote "enthusiastically" for either Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum if either candidate were to win their party's nomination for president. Slightly fewer say they would vote enthusiastically for Newt Gingrich. This level of enthusiasm is similar to Republicans' feelings about voting for Romney in early 2008, but lower than the enthusiasm level for that year's eventual GOP nominee, John McCain.

Did you get that, the enthusiasm level for Romney is actually twelve points lower than it was for John McCain at this time.

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/201...bers-among.html

Especially interesting when you scroll down in the poll and see that Romney's numbers are even worse than Kerry's in that regard. Although some of that can be attributed to Republicans really hating Obama, lol.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 19th 2012, 6:17 PM
Post #1748

Obama's high-dollar fundraising lagging

IPB Image

President Obama is struggling to draw in big-dollar donations, with half as many people writing large checks to his campaign than at this point four years ago.

Obama is outpacing his Republican rivals in fundraising overall, and his advisers have concentrated on amassing small-dollar backers, part of a strategy to get more people invested in the reelection effort. At the end of January, 1.4 million people had donated to the Obama campaign.

But Obama lags behind Republican front-runner Mitt Romney in finding donors willing to give $2,000 or more — a surprising development for a sitting president, and one that could signal more worrisome financial problems heading into the general election. At this point in the last election cycle, Obama had received such large donations from more than 23,000 supporters, more than double the 11,000 who have given him that much this time. President George W. Bush had more than four times that number of big donations at this point in his reelection.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/03...ing-117850.html

sad.gif Hopefully when we get into the heat of the election season, people will start ponying up.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 19th 2012, 8:07 PM
Post #1749

haha.gif :

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 19th 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #1750

Game Change was posted on Vimeo (it's a site like Youtube, where you can watch it directly):

http://vimeo.com/38385917

Watch it ASAP, because I'm sure HBO will take it down soon.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 19th 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #1751

I really want to see Palin try and walk away with this at Convention. devil.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:55 PM
Post #1752

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. TV6: Josh Kaufman

Romney is the winner in Illinois by a large margin.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 20th 2012, 9:40 PM
Post #1753

I don't remember which thread we were discussing this in, so I'll just post this here.

I told you all that Michelle Obama would start to subtly come out for gay marriage first (and probably as a signal of her husband's support):

Michelle Obama Says Obama Supreme Court Will Allow Future Generations To ‘Love Whomever They Choose’

IPB Image

"Let us not forget about what it meant when my husband appointed those two magnificent Supreme Court justices," First Lady Michelle Obama said, while campaigning for her husband at two fundraisers in New York City, referring to Sonia Sotomayor, who was nominated in 2009, and Elena Kagan, who joined the court in 2010.

"For the first time in history, our daughters and our sons watched three women take their seat on our nation’s highest court," she said to applause at Locanda Verde, an Italian restaurant in Tribeca at an event hosted by Robert DeNiro and his wife Grace Hightower. "And let us not forget what their decisions -- the impact those decisions will have on our lives for decades to come -- on our privacy and security, on whether we can speak freely, worship openly, and, yes, love whomever we choose." The line drew applause.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/03/20/4...ples/?mobile=nc
http://www.politicker.com/2012/03/19/miche...er-they-choose/

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 20th 2012, 9:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 20th 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #1754

QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 20th 2012, 7:55 PM) *

Romney is the winner in Illinois by a large margin.

Yes but isn't Illinois one of those states that had Romney recieved over 50% it would've been winner take all? devil.gif

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 20th 2012, 8:40 PM) *

I don't remember which thread we were discussing this in, so I'll just post this here.

I told you all that Michelle Obama would start to subtly come out for gay marriage first (and probably as a signal of her husband's support):
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/03/20/4...ples/?mobile=nc
http://www.politicker.com/2012/03/19/miche...er-they-choose/

I briefly saw this earlier today. Its true. Why Liberals are dragging their feet about Obama is beyond me. His second term is when stuff is gonna really happen!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 21st 2012, 6:48 PM
Post #1755

QUOTE(Stormiya @ Mar 21st 2012, 12:57 AM) *

Yes but isn't Illinois one of those states that had Romney recieved over 50% it would've been winner take all? devil.gif

I briefly saw this earlier today. Its true. Why Liberals are dragging their feet about Obama is beyond me. His second term is when stuff is gonna really happen!

lmao.gif You're such a pisser.

I sort of feel this way, but if Repubs have control of everything, maybe not. I actually think Obama will have to compromise a lot, but that's still much better than Repubs being in control of everything.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Mar 21st 2012, 8:52 PM
Post #1756

LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stormiya
post Mar 21st 2012, 9:18 PM
Post #1757

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 21st 2012, 5:48 PM) *

lmao.gif You're such a pisser.

I sort of feel this way, but if Repubs have control of everything, maybe not. I actually think Obama will have to compromise a lot, but that's still much better than Repubs being in control of everything.

Just telling it like it is icecream.gif

He may have to compromise but yeah its still better then the Republicans controlling everything and they can't waste everyone's time running against him this time around.

QUOTE(poopooface @ Mar 21st 2012, 7:52 PM) *

LOL

haha.gif Thats great!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post Mar 21st 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #1758

QUOTE(poopooface @ Mar 21st 2012, 6:52 PM) *

LOL

10/10

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 21st 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #1759

QUOTE(poopooface @ Mar 21st 2012, 9:52 PM) *

LOL

lol, that was really well put together. People should get school credit for that or something.

lmao@the "I'm not concerned about the very poor." I forgot how horrid that was. It really brings it to light, because in that video, you'd think it was just something they edited together like everything else, if you didn't know any better. That's how outrageous it is.

lol@the random "masturbating" thing, and lol@Newt's laugh.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 21st 2012, 11:58 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 21st 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #1760

Btw, how the hell do Republicans get away with stuff? I was just reading about Al Qaeda's history, and it reminded that we were the ones who essentially helped create Al Qaeda, by arming them against the Soviets.

Repubs are desperately trying to make an issue out of the "Fast and Furious" program under Holder, but I'm like uh, didn't we do that at a 1000 times worse level with Al Qaeda??

Like Jay Leno said on Bill Maher's show, could you imagine if 9/11 happened under a Democratic president, and then the Republican president killed Bin Laden? Repubs would never let you hear the end of it, and they'd be the biggest, baddest, national security party ever.

Dems need to learn how to become more shameless. Repubs would be playing it up so much. It's like a Dem can't do that for some reason. There's blowback in a way that there wouldn't be for a Republican.

Edited to add: I meant to post this in Obama's thread, but whatevs. lmao.gif I thought the board ate my post when I didn't see it in the Obama thread.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 21st 2012, 11:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

93 Pages V « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 29th 2014, 7:55 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol