Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Embracing Siobhan Magnus, ...because it's so easy to love her...
Embraceable Siobhan
Why do people find it so easy to embrace Siobhan Magnus?
Siobhan is a REAL and TRUE person, and she has no PRETENSES. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is faithful and loyal to the ones who TRULY LOVE her. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is accommodating to people, especially her honestf ans. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is FRANK and HONEST about her feelings and speaks her mind. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is brave and is not afraid to stand up against BULLIES. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is fearless and adventurous and is not afraid of being different. [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Siobhan has a GENUINE and generous heart, charitable to a fault. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is big-hearted and forgiving to people who did her wrong. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan does not harbor grievances, she simply forgets all about them and moves on. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan is hard-working and is not afraid to push herself to the limit. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan shares her abundant talents and graces to anyone who cares to listen. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan does not discriminate people, she treats everyone with equal consideration. [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Siobhan is very humble, unassuming, and has her feet planted firmly on the ground. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Siobhan always has a SINCERE and ready smile for everyone. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
ALL OF THE ABOVE because Siobhan is truly beautiful inside and out. [ 15 ] ** [88.24%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
SexyEyes
post Nov 27th 2010, 4:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

The limit to the number of options to the poll is only 15. I hope I covered everything. I must be 99.9% correct on this one. tongue.gif tongue.gif

This has got be the most unbiased poll I've ever created laughing.gif wink.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif laughing.gif !!!

It's safe to look. Siobhan MAgnus' eyes are not looking at you in the pictures that follow:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The above embraces are genuine enough, I am not sure about these two:

IPB Image

These are embraces with LOVE obviously hometown adoration:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This embrace is probably controversial:

IPB Image

It's Divine Miss Magnus' first onstage kiss (faux osculation though). bleh.gif bleh.gif bleh.gif

Oh, boy!!!! Siobhan Magnus is really flying high nowadays:

IPB Image

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Ooops I let that one escape. Good thing Siobhan's wearing one of her cute nerdy glasses!

This one is for those who want to turn to stone:

IPB Image

courtesy of TanaMarie Photography grin.gif !

bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 27th 2010, 4:07 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Bonbonconvert
post Nov 27th 2010, 7:31 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AIXIII: Jena Irene

How many pictures of Siobhan do you have??? I thought I was crazy with maybe 50 photos on my PC. haha.gif

Anyway, voted "'All the above" w00twave.gif wub.gif

--------------------
AI 6: Melinda, Jordin
AI 7: David A, David C, Syesha
AI 8: Allison, Adam
AI 9: Siobhan, Crystal, Casey, Lilly
AI 10: Casey, Thia, Haley, Pia, Lauren
AI 11: Jessica, Elise, Hollie, Erika, Joshua, Skylar
AI 12: Candice, Amber, Kree, Angie, Devin
AI 13 Jena, Alex, Caleb, Malaya, Jessica
+Quote Post
Tichwow
post Nov 27th 2010, 9:35 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin

QUOTE(SexyEyes @ Nov 27th 2010, 4:07 PM) *

IPB Image
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Where did that pic come from?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Dec 3rd 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #4

Um, this one ladles on the syrup even more heavily than usual, Sexyeyes. But, hmm, if we want we can treat it like a quiz on "how well do we actually know Siobhan?" And on that basis, I guess think I'll bite.

Let's see now...

1. Siobhan ...has no PRETENSES.
She's human, so, prolly not true, tho I haven't seen many signs of what her pretenses are. She certainly seems less pretentious than most of us, including me. She might wind up taking the "I'm an artist, all about the integrity of the music, and commercial success doesn't matter" pretense a tad too far, but it's still too early to say. Let's see what happens after the LV demo, and reaction to it, is out. (I'm guessing that by, say, age 28, I don't think she will display anything much along these lines.)

2. Siobhan is faithful and loyal to the ones who TRULY LOVE her.
"Check" on these. Sometimes maybe even a bit too loyal for her own... and our... good.

3. Siobhan is accommodating to people, especially her honest fans.
"Check." Clearly she tries to be. Even though this is work for her, because her basic personality seems to be that of a more private, possibly even somewhat reclusive person.

4. Siobhan is FRANK and HONEST about her feelings and speaks her mind.
More so than most people, yes. But she's in show bidness, and in order to entertain, like anyone else she's had to compromise a little now and then, and present versions of herself that she's not been completely comfortable with. What was that WDL line... Maybe I'm the one who lied?

She's also proven capable of getting herself into a personal-politics jam, and had to be a little less than candid to maneuver back out of it with minimal damage. But it was a valuable experience for the lessons learned, and certainly nothing that should be held against her. The damage control was the kind of thing a person can get stuck having to do when in the public eye.

5. Siobhan is brave and is not afraid to stand up against BULLIES.
True in general, in that we haven't witnessed her show any signs of being afraid of bullies. She was the only 2010 idolette to regularly stand up to Simon. This doubtless comes from her confidence in her abilities, her innate sense of justice and capacity for moral outrage, her "fighting Irish" heritage, upbringing, and spirit, and her having a strong support system at home. But often there's probably also the matter of whether a given bully is worth the time and effort of confronting. In h.s. I think that she mostly just avoided the bullies rather than regularly confront them... much like her fellow h.s. drama geeks everywhere tend to do.

6. Siobhan is fearless and adventurous and is not afraid of being different.
Check, check, and check. Most of the time she relishes being different. Being so different has both cost her quite a bit, and also benefited her a lot, too.

7. Siobhan has a GENUINE and generous heart, charitable to a fault.
Probably true on both. Dec. 11, for example, rather than take a paying gig with BSO (which very badly wants her to sing with them) she's instead doing a charity show with LV.

8. Siobhan is big-hearted and forgiving to people who did her wrong. 9. Siobhan does not harbor grievances, she simply forgets all about them and moves on.
I'm not so sure. Big-hearted, yes... to the deserving. But I'll go ahead and say "no", in fact, on the other. On elimination night she did get muscled into hugging Simon, but I doubt she's truly forgiven him for his heavily biased and unfair campaign against her. Why should she? She's not friggin Jesus. By all rights she should have won AI 2010. I haven't forgiven the prick, and for sure I wouldn't were I her.

And as for "forgetting all about them," no, definitely not. She takes tremendous pride in what she does, and she knows when she's good. How can any normal person forget having to stand up in front of 20 million people every week, and after the incredibly intense pressure of singing live, then be very unfairly criticized, insulted, and humiliated? You think she's forgotten that? She never will, that kind of experience would be burned into anyone's mind for life. "Where Demons Lie", anyone?

10. Siobhan is hard-working and is not afraid to push herself to the limit.
Absolutely, yes to both. As I've said before, I think that every week on AI she might've done twice the work any of the other finalists did.

11. Siobhan shares her abundant talents and graces to anyone who cares to listen. ...does not discriminate people, ...treats everyone with equal consideration... is very humble, unassuming, and has her feet planted firmly on the ground... always has a SINCERE and ready smile for everyone.
Mostly "yes" to just about all of that. But we have to recognize there are limits. She is very humble and unassuming, but this year her feet cannot possibly have been firmly on the ground at all times... no one's could have. I think her head has been spinning as she's struggled to try to sort this all out, and that's only natural.

And no normal human being's smile can always be sincere.

On the "wonderful human beings" scale I rate her very high. But as much as we've declared her a superhuman for fun, in fact Siobhan is a mostly(?) normal young woman with a big heart, a lot of compassion, and a very special gift. So, the above is for fun, seeking to try to capture the reality and not go overboard on the fan worship. Even if this is a fan forum.

Oh, and no criticism is implied of Sexyeyes' survey. It too obviously is all for fun.

This post has been edited by blacklightposter: Dec 3rd 2010, 12:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
~Erin~
post Feb 4th 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. AI11: Phillip/Jessica/Hollie

I voted all of the above. wub.gif

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Aug 29th 2014, 7:25 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol