Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S8 Tour Dates
Destenarria
post Nov 6th 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCD3: Neil Haskell

QUOTE(Airirin @ Nov 6th 2010, 12:45 AM) *

Haha yea I know right? That's how we all find out about these amazing dancers! and I can audition in.... *counts fingers* Um... 5 years.. haha.gif No wait actually, I turn 19 in August. Would I still be eligible? wacko.gif Haha whatever. 5 or 6 years roll2.gif

then the wait becomes even longer if you don't get into vegas week blarg.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 6th 2010, 10:31 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

KayJDance
post Nov 6th 2010, 2:17 PM
Post #22

Fav. SYTYCD4: Chelsie Hightower
Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman
Fav. Loves:ChelsieKay & Caitlynn <3

Well no matter what I don't want this show to end, it should last AT LEAST 3 more years (so I can audition whistling.gif )!!! But I've been talking with my sister and she might end up auditioning for this season!!! spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif

--------------------

Hey I'm Kalyn!IPB Image||IPB Image||SYTYCD Tour: 9/17||IPB Image|| Twitter||Team Caitlynn Lawson
Mandie is my twinflame, Marissa is my triplet, and Clovers rule the world forever!

Lawson Hightower McCormick Froderman Holker Galiano
+Quote Post
Airirin
post Nov 6th 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(KayJDance @ Nov 6th 2010, 3:17 PM) *

Well no matter what I don't want this show to end, it should last AT LEAST 3 more years (so I can audition whistling.gif )!!! But I've been talking with my sister and she might end up auditioning for this season!!! spaz.gif spaz.gif spaz.gif

Ahhh really!!! spaz.gif But I thought the state was far away?! unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Pictures all taken by jkpolk
+Quote Post
KayJDance
post Nov 6th 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #24

Fav. SYTYCD4: Chelsie Hightower
Fav. Loves:ChelsieKay & Caitlynn <3

QUOTE(Airirin @ Nov 6th 2010, 5:51 PM) *

Ahhh really!!! spaz.gif But I thought the state was far away?! unsure.gif

Well I told her it might be the last season and she was like "Heck no, if it's the last season then I don't care what anyone says, I AM GOING!!!" and we discussed it and it's becoming a definite possibility!!! spaz.gif

--------------------

Hey I'm Kalyn!IPB Image||IPB Image||SYTYCD Tour: 9/17||IPB Image|| Twitter||Team Caitlynn Lawson
Mandie is my twinflame, Marissa is my triplet, and Clovers rule the world forever!

Lawson Hightower McCormick Froderman Holker Galiano
+Quote Post
Airirin
post Nov 6th 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(KayJDance @ Nov 6th 2010, 11:57 PM) *

Well I told her it might be the last season and she was like "Heck no, if it's the last season then I don't care what anyone says, I AM GOING!!!" and we discussed it and it's becoming a definite possibility!!! spaz.gif

OH MY GOSH YAAAY!!! spaz.gif I hope she gets to audition!! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Pictures all taken by jkpolk
+Quote Post
marshavnyd
post Dec 15th 2010, 5:10 PM
Post #26

Do we know when season 8 will air? Summer 2011??? I sure hope this won't be the last season, but it will be tough to top season 7.

--------------------
+Quote Post
soulkissage
post Dec 15th 2010, 5:32 PM
Post #27

Fav. SYTYCD5: Evan Kasprzak
Fav. SYTYCD7: Billy Bell

QUOTE(marshavnyd @ Dec 15th 2010, 5:10 PM) *

Do we know when season 8 will air? Summer 2011??? I sure hope this won't be the last season, but it will be tough to top season 7.
Yes it's due to air summer 2011. And many people think season 7 will be easy to top. I think that season 7 really picked up once the the contestants danced together and that will be from the start in season 8. Such a shame that season 7 was a guinea pig because the end of the season and tour really showed that season 7 was one of the best talent wise. I hope season 8 will be fab but because the top dancers and the dance routines they get are on a whole, better then when the season starts, it causes fans to doubt the season before it really gets going.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilesunshineex3
post Dec 16th 2010, 6:51 PM
Post #28

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker

...I didn't think season 7 pulled in low ratings and views? Were they really that bad? I thought there were a considerable amount of viewers and tour tickets didn't seem to have any trouble selling. unsure.gif I could be mistaken, but I don't see a reason to end it, unless next season is bad...

--------------------
i can't, no i won't hush
i'll say the words that make you
blush
+Quote Post
CrazyMama
post Dec 16th 2010, 7:13 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(smilesunshineex3 @ Dec 16th 2010, 6:51 PM) *

...I didn't think season 7 pulled in low ratings and views? Were they really that bad? I thought there were a considerable amount of viewers and tour tickets didn't seem to have any trouble selling. unsure.gif I could be mistaken, but I don't see a reason to end it, unless next season is bad...

I did read that S7 ratings were much lower than the previous summer, which was S5. I think having S6 take place so soon after S5 was a big mistake. I think when S7 rolled around, people remembered that S6 wasn't very exciting and some were probably burnt out from SYTYCD. But more importantly, there was a huge backlash about having all-stars and many people stayed away from the show because of that. I actually liked having the all-stars because it really increased the level of the performances.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lovesytycd
post Dec 16th 2010, 7:26 PM
Post #30

Yeah, I remember reading it pulled around 6mil viewers (often lower), which is an all time low for the show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CrazyMama
post Dec 16th 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(lovesytycd @ Dec 16th 2010, 7:26 PM) *

Yeah, I remember reading it pulled around 6mil viewers (often lower), which is an all time low for the show.

You read S7 was an all time low?? I thought S7 was substantially higher than S6, but lower than S5.

--------------------
+Quote Post
marshavnyd
post Dec 17th 2010, 3:58 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(CrazyMama @ Dec 16th 2010, 10:27 PM) *

You read S7 was an all time low?? I thought S7 was substantially higher than S6, but lower than S5.

I'll have to pay more attention to the stats. I've watched all but the first year and S7 was my all time fave!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
CrazyMama
post Dec 31st 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #33

I just don't know how S8 can top S7. Especially if they go back to a top 20 or 24 or whatever it used to be. Having only a top 10 (or 11 as it turned out) really gave us a chance to know the dancers. We truly got invested in them this year, like no other year I have watched. I think I like only one going home per week, rather than two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
soulkissage
post Dec 31st 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #34

Fav. SYTYCD5: Evan Kasprzak

QUOTE(CrazyMama @ Dec 31st 2010, 10:40 AM) *

I just don't know how S8 can top S7. Especially if they go back to a top 20 or 24 or whatever it used to be. Having only a top 10 (or 11 as it turned out) really gave us a chance to know the dancers. We truly got invested in them this year, like no other year I have watched. I think I like only one going home per week, rather than two.
I think you just got invested in this years cast more so then the show's format causing that. Many other people couldn't get invested in the s7 cast for whatever reason. I think it's because they were invested in the all stars for the first few weeks and some really enjoy getting to know dancers though their partnerships.

It took me most of the season to get invested in the season as a whole instead of just individual dancers (Alex&Billy's dancing and Robert's icecream.gif ) so I would have appreciated the partnerships. I think it's because I love Mark, Pasha, Allison, Anya and Kathryn to a large degree and they had my focus most of the season. And I grew to love Comfort and I think Courtney's adoarable and Neil's icecream.gif (and I didn't think that his season). And Dominic pawned Jose. And Twitch really got his dancers to relax and enjoy dancing with him. I think the All stars were able to relax and dance with no judgement fear and that was so unfair to the contestants who were already at a disadvantage. Having the dancers dance with each other the first few weeks will make for a more fair competition for viewers support and that's the true name of the game.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 12th 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #35

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Lindsay Leuschner

I thought this was gonna be season 8 tour dates when I saw it, not auditions haha.gif
Got me excited tongue.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD: JASMINE MASON AND MEGAN BRANCH... :(
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 12:15 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol