Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

91 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reserved for the debut single / album !
ATXfansy
post Feb 21st 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

^^^I think Keith Urban has a distinctive "Australian"/Nashville Country Rock sound crying.gif - like him and appreciate his musicianship.

But I seriously hope Casey and his band don't sound anything like a re-mix of Keith Urban's music. Casey is better than that, his influences are totally different than Urban's - know y'all know that- and in order to succeed, IMO he needs to bring a WHOLE NEW signature sound to his interpretation of Country. I don't have to know what that sound is yet but trust that it will be signature Casey James and not a "sounds like Keith Urban"-spin on new Country rock.

This post has been edited by ATXfansy: Feb 21st 2011, 11:14 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
"If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 21st 2011, 11:08 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

CJ1AI
post Feb 21st 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #22

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Feb 21st 2011, 11:08 AM) *

^^^I think Keith Urban has a distinctive "Australian"/Nashville Country Rock sound crying.gif - like him and appreciate his musicianship.

But I seriously hope Casey and his band don't sound anything like a re-mix of Keith Urban's music. Casey is better than that, his influences are totally different than Urban's - know y'all know that- and in order to succeed, IMO he needs to bring a WHOLE NEW signature sound to his interpretation of Country. I don't have to know what that sound is yet but trust that it will be signature Casey James and not a "sounds like Keith Urban"-spin on new Country rock.

LOL! Don't cry huggy.gif
Definitely Casey won't sound exactly like that or like a copy / paste! I was using that video as an example that Casey can bring a rockish & more edgy sound than that AND still be a radio friendly !! this is why I mentioned that Casey' album & in general ,his sound have a lot of influences! & that's the cool thing! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Feb 21st 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #23

I dont think we were syaing he was going to sound just like Kieth Urban. But Casey could have something simular. I actually can totally see him doing this kind of pop rock country thing.

This post has been edited by BIGMJFAN: Feb 21st 2011, 12:03 PM

--------------------
CASEY JAMES FUTURE COUNTRY STAR
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Feb 21st 2011, 1:16 PM
Post #24

^^^All this is what's so exciting to me about "The Wait". None of us know what his band and sound will be but we all have preferences and opinions. Honestly, I think that there is just no telling what the CJB will unleash on popular music. He's left all his options open in terms of telling us basically "All of the Above" (=Southern Rock, Blues, Country). But. My gut says Casey's brand of Pop Country will be strongly Blues influenced where Keith's is not so much. He's, like BigMJ says, more Pop/Rock/Country.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
waternymf
post Feb 21st 2011, 1:37 PM
Post #25

^^^Agree, Casey's style will likely contain a heavily-influential blues vibe because that seems to be where and when he comes alive and grooves. I, for one, was drawn to him/his style because of it and REALLY am looking forward to hearing some of that yumay stuff. I'm hopin', and soon!

This post has been edited by waternymf: Feb 21st 2011, 1:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
captive_kitten
post Feb 21st 2011, 2:12 PM
Post #26

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Colton D., Hollie C.

I don't really dig Keith Urban's style either. Too poppy. I kinda think he sold out too much, cause I hear he's much better in concert. But for comparison sake as a template for Casey's career, yeah, it works.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 21st 2011, 4:20 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Feb 21st 2011, 12:16 PM) *

^^^All this is what's so exciting to me about "The Wait". None of us know what his band and sound will be but we all have preferences and opinions. Honestly, I think that there is just no telling what the CJB will unleash on popular music. He's left all his options open in terms of telling us basically "All of the Above" (=Southern Rock, Blues, Country). But. My gut says Casey's brand of Pop Country will be strongly Blues influenced where Keith's is not so much. He's, like BigMJ says, more Pop/Rock/Country.

yes.gif It is pretty exciting not really knowing how his music will end up sounding like! We only have an idea in terms of what genres he will be blending together.
I think (IMO) that Casey will be edgier than Keith Urban which I am hoping for thumbsup.gif but I may be
wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Feb 21st 2011, 5:21 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(willow23 @ Feb 21st 2011, 5:20 PM) *

yes.gif It is pretty exciting not really knowing how his music will end up sounding like! We only have an idea in terms of what genres he will be blending together.
I think (IMO) that Casey will be edgier than Keith Urban which I am hoping for thumbsup.gif but I may be
wrong.

Agreed. It just seems that Casey is so savvy about music in general and knows that this is likely his One Big Chance in the national arena and in a music industry that is under-going unprecedented change and shrinking in the way it has always operated. I think that he will give it his all, but it won't be safe or necessarily formulaic, unless it is true to his musical instincts today as a singer, songwriter, and musician. He's not likely to bow to convention or sell-out because, as he's always said, he'll always play music and the worst that can happen is that he goes back to Texas if Nashville doesn't work-out.

I hope it's edgy and soulful and unexpectedly diverse and a departure from what is currently viewed as Country and Pop. He's got the goods if the corporate music industry has the guts to release something really new and off-the-grid from everything else that's out there right now.

Bring it!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 22nd 2011, 3:55 AM
Post #29

The only thing I'm ( We're ) sure about is that labels love them safe choices for first single giggle.gif

It's interesting to see how all Casey's influences will be in that album! & what is the final sound!!
I guess! I don't know! because I'm always happy & optimistic! original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
willow23
post Feb 22nd 2011, 4:19 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(CJ1AI @ Feb 22nd 2011, 2:55 AM) *

The only thing I'm ( We're ) sure about is that labels love them safe choices for first single giggle.gif It's interesting to see how all Casey's influences will be in that album! & what is the final sound!!
I guess! I don't know! because I'm always happy & optimistic! original.gif

Would be great if its radio friendly but not too generic. Hoping it is unique & highlights Casey's own
sound. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Feb 22nd 2011, 6:46 PM
Post #31

Five years ago Zac Brown Band would not of been radio friendly. I was actually shocked when they seem to take off on radio. I really have no worries Casey will put his own spin on some great radio friendly songs. i cant wait to hear what his voice sounds like on original music that is madefor him

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 23rd 2011, 7:36 AM
Post #32

^^^ Exactly!! thumbsup.gif & I'm so excited to hear original music! sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 26th 2011, 3:53 AM
Post #33

All the album / single discussions are officially here now !! If you find production details , collaborations .... post them here! flowers.gif

We're over here now! bye1.gif

This post has been edited by CJ1AI: Feb 26th 2011, 3:57 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 26th 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #34

Moved it to here! mrgreen.gif

QUOTE(BIGMJFAN @ Feb 26th 2011, 12:20 PM) *

I thought you guys who want to hear something bluegrass from Casey may find this interesting. Sara evans new cd is going to have a bluegrass version of her song Born to Fly on it.

Very interesting! Since Casey mentioned Bluegrass several times specially during the CMAs week! fingers crossed for at least one track with Bluegrass flavor! tongue.gif

QUOTE(CJ1AI @ Feb 26th 2011, 3:53 AM) *

All the album / single discussions are officially here now !! If you find production details , collaborations .... post them here! flowers.gif
We're over here now! bye1.gif

stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Feb 26th 2011, 6:15 PM
Post #35

A little insight to when we might get a single from Casey. I am watching gac countdown and Chris Young released his new single off his new album that will be out this summer this week. So hopefully after the sugarland tour and they gage fan reaction to the new music we will hear what will be his first single. Another thing when we were talking about how much label support is so important for radio. Chris Young released voices way back in 2008 and it died at 37. Well since he was coming off 2 number ones right in a row hey rereleased it and guess what a number one hit. He said it was all the label pushing it and making that decision to release it again. Its so important to have the label support.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 26th 2011, 6:28 PM
Post #36

^^^ LOL! Chris & his single Voices were in my mind all this week! totally agree! his first album & singles were totally flops !
then he's now every where . They do a little trick on radio , that is after the first single peaks let's say on the TOP10 , they rush out & release another single in less than 2 weeks or month , so the spins that 1st single lose go to the second one ! So it will be alot easier in climbing the charts !

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Feb 26th 2011, 6:38 PM
Post #37

It totally shows how hard it is to get established as a new artist. I mean the difference with voices was him coming off two number one to being a new artist. Even him with being totally country shows how males under the age of 25 have a hard time in country. But RCA beleived in him and stuck with him. I knew it was just time. He had such a unique voice and was so traditional country it was just going to take time. Drinking me lonely would be a number one hit if it was released today instead of when he came off nashville star. a little tidbit about him he used to post on the nashville star message board before going on NS and built up a fanbase then he won.

Country radio at least with its stars tends to flow right from single to single. As soon as one peaks and is done the next one is out right away. Same with cds. They will release the last single from a cd then the next single is out right after that one is done and that one is off then new album. I hope Casey keeps writing so if he has a lot of success he can just flow right to the second album

This post has been edited by BIGMJFAN: Feb 26th 2011, 6:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 26th 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #38

^^^ yes.gif I'm happy because Casey has the goods & on the right time & he's on the right age! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 27th 2011, 3:32 PM
Post #39

Another collaboration confirmed! ( I posted the details at the interviews thread! ) > http://burnthismedia.wordpress.com/2011/02...al-wells-index/

with the hometown boy & hits songwriter , Shane McAnally !
IPB Image

w00t.gif sorcerer.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Feb 28th 2011, 5:06 PM
Post #40

All collaborations SO FAR , in one article from Shari > http://burnthismedia.wordpress.com/2011/02...tions/#comments

original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post

91 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 23rd 2014, 12:18 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol