Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David singing with the Motab
frogcooke
post Dec 20th 2010, 6:13 PM
Post #221

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(Angelicus @ Dec 20th 2010, 11:31 AM) *

Congratulations to the lucky Archies who were able to attend. And thank you to the brave souls who managed to get videos. I had a horrible weekend and these videos are helping me set my mind and heart at ease. I canít wait to get my hands on the CD/DVD next year.

While weíre on the subject of Christmas, will there be a Christmas From The Heart, Vol. 2? Can it please include:

Gesu Bambino
The Cat and Mouse Carol
Mary Did You Know
Little Drummer Boy
Ave Maria (Schubertís)
Noche de Paz
Rockin Around The Christmas Tree

Pretty please? /christmaswish santa.gif

fixed

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 20th 2010, 6:13 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Charlotte Vale
post Dec 20th 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #222

QUOTE(frogcooke @ Dec 20th 2010, 6:13 PM) *

fixed

Hey you !

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
frogcooke
post Dec 21st 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #223

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(trudi @ Dec 20th 2010, 11:42 PM) *

Hey you !

innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
shebee
post Dec 21st 2010, 7:48 PM
Post #224

QUOTE(frogcooke @ Dec 21st 2010, 10:58 AM) *

innocent.gif

can always count on you,frog!

original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
blue123
post Dec 27th 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #225

saw this at snarkies from dean

David invited me to come to the original meeting he had with Mack Willberg back in October where they talked about Mack's vision of the program, song selection, keys, etc. Unfortunately I was in Nashville that week Showcasing my daughter for some music industry people and labels and so I was not able to attend, but I told David I would be available for a conference call if he wanted to include me. I sent him a text that morning and told him I was available any time he wanted to call, but I didn't ever receive a call so I assumed everything went alright. When I got back to Salt lake I contacted David and his dad to see how preparations were going and they seemed to feel that everything was going well so I didn't worry about anything.

The next I heard was Saturday December 11th and David had just met with Mack Willberg to rehearse his songs for the first time. He came over to the studio and we worked for a couple of hours going through things. All David had received was sheet music and David does much better when he can listen to the song and learn it that way. I was surprised that David was only doing one song from his Christmas album and 5 new songs so it was a lot for him to learn. I was mostly happy with the song choices however, especially the Spanish song and the "Cat and Mouse Carol". I thought those would both be great for the show. We made a rehearsal CD of the songs and went through them a few times. David then asked me to come to his rehearsal with Mack the next day.

We worked with Mack the next day. The choir and orchestra had already been rehearsing the material for a couple of weeks, Mack did give us permission to change some notes here and there to feature David's voice and style. One change that we did insist on though was to do a different arrangement of the Spanish song since the one that was originally done was a slower version, more like a lullaby. The version David was familiar with was much faster and more fun, so we insisted we needed the more up tempo version, (Which incidentally in hindsight was definitely the right decision!) Incidentally, Mack was "blown away" with David's progress between his first and second rehearsals and how quickly David picked up all the new material after being able to hear it and work with it rather than just having the sheet music!

David met with the choir and orchestra for the first time Tuesday evening December 14th. I was fortunate to be at his rehearsals both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I focused mostly on trying to get the sound of David's microphone the way we wanted to make it warmer and richer and to make sure that the tempos were right. When you have several hundred people performing on a number the tempos tend to really drag. It was important to us to keep the tempos moving. And also in a hall that size the voice can become thin sounding and we wanted to make sure we got the richness of David's voice. The new arrangement of the Spanish song wasn't ready until Wednesday so the first time David got to rehearse that was Wednesday night.

I warmed David up by phone Thursday and Friday nights as I had other commitments, but I attended the performance Saturday night. It was stunning! I was extremely proud of David. Especially since there was a constant wave of people coming through wanting to meet David before the performances, even though he was trying to get ready and be prepared for such a big show! David was always very gracious and professional, and even had to deal with a few last minute concerns and changes. Although I was pleased with the whole show I felt that "Silent Night" was the highlight! His voice sounded so great and his emotion so heartfelt it was definitely a special moment. David was also himself, very natural and genuine; acknowledging his fans and waving to them which was fun.

At 7:45 Sunday morning my phone rang and we warmed David up for his Sunday broadcast. David's voice sounds great on this type of material and I was pleased that people got to hear the richness, depth and control he has that you don't get to hear as much when he sings his pop stuff. The Christmas songs were definitely good vehicles for him to show that really does have a wonderful voice with great control. power, emotion and dynamics.

I was extremely proud of David and very happy with the performances. He definitely won over the audience and the choir and proved he deserves to be recognized with the great vocalists and performers of our day!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Dec 28th 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #226

The next I heard was Saturday December 11th and David had just met with Mack Willberg to rehearse his songs for the first time. He came over to the studio and we worked for a couple of hours going through things. All David had received was sheet music and David does much better when he can listen to the song and learn it that way. I was surprised that David was only doing one song from his Christmas album and 5 new songs so it was a lot for him to learn. I was mostly happy with the song choices however, especially the Spanish song and the "Cat and Mouse Carol

- Wow the 11Dec was kind of late to rehearse for the first time for an event like this one.
- David is totally attracted by the sounds/music , i can feel his stress just with a sheet music and Five new arrangements
- I love too the spanish songs and the cat and the mouse, i read in another review in TDC that the song was made thinking in David,s voice and personality, and i guess it's work Very Well, the song was beautifully performed yes.gif

The choir and orchestra had already been rehearsing the material for a couple of weeks, Mack did give us permission to change some notes here and there to feature David's voice and style. One change that we did insist on though was to do a different arrangement of the Spanish song since the one that was originally done was a slower version, more like a lullaby

Glad they insisted in this change, that valide the fact that uptempo songs can do great with and orchestra too original.gif

Incidentally, Mack was "blown away" with David's progress between his first and second rehearsals and how quickly David picked up all the new material after being able to hear it and work with it rather than just having the sheet music!

That is the thing with him , give to the boy the music please, is a lot more easy for him to memorise the things thumbsup.gif

I focused mostly on trying to get the sound of David's microphone the way we wanted to make it warmer and richer and to make sure that the tempos were right. When you have several hundred people performing on a number the tempos tend tDavid's voice sounds great on this type of material and I was pleased that people got to hear the richness, depth and control he has that you don't get to hear as much when he sings his pop stuff.o really drag. It was important to us to keep the tempos moving. And also in a hall that size the voice can become thin sounding and we wanted to make sure we got the richness of David's voice

I saw last year concert with this tenor Broadway guy and The Natalie Cole one this year in TV and the very popular one with Sissel in YTB and judging by the Ninja videos we received , i can said that David's voice really Stand Up and kept the lead role all the time in the concert, he was not overshadowed by the chorus, but he don't overpowered his voice over them neither .....like in the case of Sissel and Natalie you can barely hear them in some parts of the numbers with the chorus and in the guy case his voice was so powerful over them....so yeah David did a great Job and his voice was rich and shined ver well in all the performances thumbsup.gif

Although I was pleased with the whole show I felt that "Silent Night" was the highlight! His voice sounded so great and his emotion so heartfelt it was definitely a special moment. David was also himself, very natural and genuine; acknowledging his fans and waving to them which was fun.

Yeah i heard many comments about Silent Night too from bloggers non fans and the ones about his cute/awkward/natural behaviour on stage LOL.

David's voice sounds great on this type of material and I was pleased that people got to hear the richness, depth and control he has that you don't get to hear as much when he sings his pop stuff.

I agree too, but i still loving him in the pop stuff, maybe he just need more powerful lyrics and ballads idk innocent.gif

He definitely won over the audience and the choir and proved he deserves to be recognized with the great vocalists and performers of our day!

Yes! many of his Utah folks were really impressed with him, is about the time that people gonna give him his place in the music.......he can switch from pop to any kind of style , even the most high demanded ones. Now i hope his management team are ready to make profit in terms of publicity of this special and the one with Orla Fallon, that btw is so sweet too, I love soo much their version of Silent night wub.gif

This post has been edited by tibitibi: Dec 28th 2010, 10:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
BRSTek
post Aug 29th 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #227

Fav. AI6: Chris Richardson

You can get Glad Christmas Tidings on iTunes now! w00t.gif
http://www.somethingboutarchie.com/2011/08...-available.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Aug 29th 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #228

^^^^^^^Thanks for the info , off to buy some tracks there original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BRSTek
post Aug 30th 2011, 2:35 PM
Post #229

w00t.gif
IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
KL48
post Aug 30th 2011, 3:55 PM
Post #230

Fav. Voice S7 Cont: Matt McAndrew

QUOTE(BRSTek @ Aug 30th 2011, 2:35 PM) *

w00t.gif
IPB Image

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Aug 31st 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #231

^awesome! is there any place I can listen to the tracks? bah I wish I could buy it on itunes.

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BRSTek
post Sep 6th 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #232

Today!!! w00t.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 10:50 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol