Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

41 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2010-12-16 Los Angeles, CA, Club Nokia, ALL news, tweets, vids, reviews to be posted in RED pls
Little Bee
post Oct 6th 2010, 8:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

2010-12-16 Los Angeles, CA, Club Nokia

Event Info

Attendees

Twitter List

http://twitter.com/GlamFansUnite2/clubnokia

Twitter comments

Pre-show

Adam's Setlist

Hair & Costume

Noteworthy things

Reviews

Photos

Gifs

Video

Downloads

Thread last updated:

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 6th 2010, 8:39 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

vistadiva
post Oct 6th 2010, 8:48 AM
Post #2

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. "It ain't that deep"

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

IPB Image

Tonight's show is at THE NOKIA CLUB

Los Angeles (Spanish for "The Angels") is the second most populous city in the United States, the most populous city in the state of California and the western United States, with a population of 3.83 million. Los Angeles was founded on September 4, 1781, by Spanish governor Felipe de Neve as El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula (The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola). It became a part of Mexico in 1821, following its independence from Spain. In 1848, at the end of the Mexican-American War, Los Angeles and the rest of California were purchased as part of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, thereby becoming part of the United States.

Often known by its initials, L.A., and nicknamed the City of Angels, Los Angeles is a world center of business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media, fashion, science, technology, and education. It is home to renowned institutions covering a broad range of professional and cultural fields, and is one of the most substantial economic engines within the United States. In 2008, Los Angeles was named the world's eighth most economically powerful city by Forbes.com, third in the U.S. behind New York City and Chicago. The Los Angeles combined statistical area (CSA) has a gross metropolitan product (GMP) of $831 billion (as of 2008), making it the third largest economic center in the world, after the Greater Tokyo Area and the New York metropolitan area.

As the home base of Hollywood, it is known as the "Entertainment Capital of the World", leading the world in the creation of motion pictures, television production, video games, and recorded music. The importance of the entertainment business to the city has led many celebrities to call Los Angeles and its surrounding suburbs home.

Los Angeles hosted the 1932 and 1984 Summer Olympics. Important landmarks in Los Angeles include Chinatown, Koreatown, Little Tokyo, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Kodak Theatre, Griffith Observatory, Getty Center, Getty Villa, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Sign, Hollywood Boulevard, Capitol Records Tower, Los Angeles City Hall, Hollywood Bowl, Theme Building, Watts Towers, Staples Center, Dodger Stadium, and La Placita Olvera/Olvera Street.

The city is home to seven Fortune 500 companies. They are aerospace contractor Northrop Grumman, energy company Occidental Petroleum, healthcare provider Health Net, metals distributor Reliance Steel & Aluminum, engineering firm AECOM, real estate group CB Richard Ellis and builder Tutor Perini.

Los Angeles is often billed as the "Creative Capital of the World", due to the fact that one in every six of its residents works in a creative industry. According to the USC Stevens Institute for Innovation, "there are more artists, writers, filmmakers, actors, dancers and musicians living and working in Los Angeles than any other city at any time in the history of civilization."

Los Angeles is home to Hollywood, globally recognized as the epicenter of the motion picture industry. A testament to its preeminence in film, the city plays host to the annual Academy Awards, the oldest and one of the most prominent award ceremonies in the world. Furthermore, there are 54 film festivals every year, which translates into more than one every week. Finally, Los Angeles is home to the USC School of Cinematic Arts, the oldest and largest school of its kind in the United States. The performing arts play a major role in Los Angeles' cultural identity. There are over 1,000 musical, theater, dance, and performing groups.

According to the USC Stevens Institute for Innovation, "there are more than 1,100 annual theatrical productions and 21 openings every week." The Los Angeles Music Center is one of the three largest performing arts complexes in the nation. The Walt Disney Concert Hall, the centerpiece of the Music Center, is home to the prestigious Los Angeles Philharmonic. Notable organizations such as Center Theatre Group and the Los Angeles Master Chorale along with the rising Los Angeles Opera are also resident companies of the Music Center. Talent is locally cultivated at premier institutions such as the Colburn School and the USC Thornton School of Music.

There are 841 museums and art galleries in Los Angeles County; Los Angeles has more museums per capita than any other city in the world. The most notable museums are the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (the largest encyclopedic museum west of Chicago), the Getty Center (part of the larger J. Paul Getty Trust, the world's wealthiest art institution), and the Museum of Contemporary Art. A significant amount of art galleries are concentrated on Gallery Row and thousands are in attendance of the monthly Downtown Art Walk that takes place there.

Los Angeles enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with an average of 35 days with measurable precipitation annually.

A look at where we are tonight

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

THE VENUE

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Forecast is

Venue

Show time

Tonight's Twitter list

If dessert is served it willl be posted and you will be e-mailed

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 6th 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

So presale begins in less than an hour... Let the games begin!!!!

bleh.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Athena1979
post Oct 6th 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Oct 6th 2010, 12:07 PM) *

So presale begins in less than an hour... Let the games begin!!!!

bleh.gif

Does anyone have the presale code, if so, and could you please PM it to me? I haven't received the email fear2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Oct 6th 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Athena1979 @ Oct 6th 2010, 5:24 PM) *

Does anyone have the presale code, if so, and could you please PM it to me? I haven't received the email fear2.gif

Check your pms. flowers.gif

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Oct 6th 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #6

Anybody lucky yet? Not me devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif shocked.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Athena1979
post Oct 6th 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(sandyrk @ Oct 6th 2010, 1:20 PM) *

Anybody lucky yet? Not me devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif shocked.gif

No luck for me either sad.gif , but I appreciate the pm's yes.gif

Maybe Friday will be our lucky day!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Oct 6th 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #8

neonsilvr16

Called Ticketmaster, both fanclub and Amex presale is sold out.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Oct 6th 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Little Bee @ Oct 6th 2010, 10:43 AM) *

neonsilvr16

Called Ticketmaster, both fanclub and Amex presale is sold out.

You mean they sold all 7 tickets already. lets check stubhub, wonder how many they have for sale?

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Oct 6th 2010, 1:58 PM
Post #10

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

I was on there like white on rice at 10:00 PT sharp and not even a GA ticket was offered! Well Friday is another day I guess.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 6th 2010, 2:00 PM
Post #11

Ticketmonster HATES me!! Tried FanClub and AMEX Platinum...nada!

Damn brokers already own me....WTWFM???

--------------------
+Quote Post
BooBooKitty
post Oct 6th 2010, 3:10 PM
Post #12

Imma be there! icecream.gif

Yes, I wimped out and went Stub Hub- I don't have time for all this waiting for presale angst, clickety clicking, only to have no ticket and a wasted afternoon.
This is madness.

However.... two tweets from @Artistsupporter give me hope-

yeah, there will be tickets. Trust me. about 1 hour ago via web in reply to fionamom

Guys, these guys R genius @ creating demand. Don't worry. We got some tricks up our sleeves. wink.gif about 1 hour ago via web

--------------------
+Quote Post
Druncass
post Oct 6th 2010, 5:20 PM
Post #13

I am currently trying to convince my bestie to go.
I have to go to this.
The last show of the GNT?
COME ON!

--------------------
+Quote Post
vistadiva
post Oct 6th 2010, 6:27 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Druncass @ Oct 6th 2010, 6:20 PM) *

I am currently trying to convince my bestie to go.
I have to go to this.
The last show of the GNT?
COME ON!

You betta be there, BB.....no kiddin'!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Oct 6th 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(islandgirljams @ Oct 4th 2010, 1:34 PM) *

OMG BREAKING NEWs sorry OT
Adam is booked at Club Nokia in Los Angeles December 16th w00twave.gif w00twave.gif w00twave.gif
Who's coming with me???
but i have to say why is the venue so small? it holds 2700, he could easily do the regular Nokia couldn't he..... weird
http://www.clubnokia.com/venueinfo.php
Adam Lambert
Date: Thu, Dec 16, 2010
Showtime: 8:00 PM
Days until show: 73
Doors open: 7:00 PM
Ages: All Ages
On sale: Fri, Oct 8, 2010 10AM
Ticket Prices*: $35-$49.50

# UGH RT Suz526: And Stub Hub "miraculously" has 53 tickets, ranging in price from $179-$1200. about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

# Wow these LA tickets will be VERY expensive. about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck

citygirl36 @adamlambert yeah 2300 seats srsly?ur management should know better! Watch...in about 14 mins from now sold out in seconds ALOT of sad fans about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to adamlambert

# @gerrinic welcome to fandom! lolol

Bringing ths over from another thread. Don't know much about this stuff, but thought you might want to know about these prices cha-ching.gif Good luck to all trying to go.

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Oct 6th 2010, 7:24 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Oct 6th 2010, 7:30 PM
Post #16

Those stubhub figures have changed....there are now 117 tickets ranging in price from $176 to $2,220. Does the person selling a GA ticket for over $2,000 really think they will sell it for that price...when someone else is selling a GA ticket for $176? Something really needs to be done about this scalping craziness. But, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy fix. It's so frustrating!!

Since it's the final stop on the Glam Nation tour and he's back home in Los Angeles, I hope there are lots of seats reserved for his friends.

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
Druncass
post Oct 7th 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(vistadiva @ Oct 6th 2010, 6:27 PM) *

You betta be there, BB.....no kiddin'!!

I'm trying! I'm trying!

--------------------
+Quote Post
clawme
post Oct 7th 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #18

Bitches - each and every one of you.

I will not look in this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. I will not. I will not look at this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. I will not. I will not look at this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. NO!

Ohm...

--------------------
Going down the rabbit hole/Get away from all we know
Come on, follow/Come on and follow me
+Quote Post
Druncass
post Oct 7th 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(clawme @ Oct 7th 2010, 11:19 AM) *

Bitches - each and every one of you.

I will not look in this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. I will not. I will not look at this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. I will not. I will not look at this thread again. I will not go to Los Angeles. I will not check flights just to see. NO!

Ohm...

Oh.
Oooooh.
You should look at flights..
$219?
I just think that you should think about it.
I also just think that I got really excited at the prospect of you going.
So excited.
Just check the flights!!@#@#%#@%

Listen.. You like vodka.. Right?
You like Adam?
Do you like Adam?

--------------------
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Oct 7th 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #20

Well, I broke down and got Stub Hub. I was weak no.gif no.gif no.gif I got too disgusted with the no tickets on today's AEG presale either, despite being there at the stroke of 10:00. This is just all too disgusting fear.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

41 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 1:59 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol