Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Survivor: 22., Contains spoilers.
Zoey0069
post Sep 29th 2010, 1:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD8: Tadd Gadduang
Fav. SYTYCD10: Hayley Erbert

I actually can't believe this noexpression.gif noexpression.gif noexpression.gif

This is going to be like a completely new game. They also really want Russell to win and it's starting to spoil stuff. Immunity until the merge? For f*ck sake this is a joke. I am so livid.

Besides giving Russell Hantz and Rob Mariano a chance to redeem themselves and win Survivor again for a third and fourth time, respectively, the CBS reality competition has introduced a major twist that gives voted off contestants a chance to return to the game. Thus, redemption seems to be the likely theme for season 22, which could even be called Survivor: Redemption Island, though that’s an educated guess.

Skimming the Survivor 22 call sheets on The Smoking Gun on Friday, I didn’t pay much attention to the location names, in part because production tends to name all its locations, from Ponderosa to each challenge site. But reading the higher-resolution PDFs, it’s clear that two names are directly related to the game.

On day 35, Tribal Council takes place at 7 p.m., and afterwords, the call sheet says that “votee travels to Redemption Island”—not to Ponderosa, where the jury comes from for Tribal. The “votee” is the person voted off in fifth place, and that’s a huge change for him or her to not immediately join the jury at Ponderosa.

In addition, the reality crews—the production calls those producers and technical crew members who follow the contestants at their camps “Reality”—are split between Murlonia, the merged tribe, and Redemption, the location where the votee goes, starting at 6 a.m. the day of the immunity challenge and Tribal. The transportation schedule shows that producers, a safety swimmer, a camera crew, and catering meals for the crew all go to Redemption, which means it’s basically like a tribe camp or, in previous seasons, Exile Island. In other words, there’s already someone or some people there to be filmed.

Besides that, the most significant part is probably the advance schedule for Sept. 20, which says that in the morning, they will “Shoot Duel: ‘A Leg Up.’” That’s the name of a specific—and apparently new—type of challenge, since there’s also a rehearsal for a maze challenge later in the day, and it’s not a duel or marked in any similar way. The location for the duels is called “Redemption Arena,” whereas other challenges take place at places such as “The Beachfront” and “Hindley St. North.” A duel suggests a challenge between two people, a format we’ve seen on the MTV Challenge shows, and its name means that it’s likely that whoever goes to Redemption Island battles the person already there for the chance to stay.

Online speculation connects this to a format international versions of Survivor have used. The Israeli version, Hisardut, introduced a twist called Island of the Dead, and later combined it with Exile Island. Here’s how Wikipedia, the most coherent definition I could find, describes it: “Every person voted out is brought to the island, and had to compete with the person already staying there, for the right to stay on the island for at least another three days. When only three contestants remained, the winner of the last battle of the island returns to the game.”

That twist could begin immediately, or later in the game, such as after the merge or the formation of the jury. How all of this plays out with Rob and Russell isn’t clear, but True Dork Times looks at the schedule and suggests “that if Tribal Council 15 ends with only four contestants left, there should have been 19 contestants to start with, unless one of those tribal councils was to vote Russell and/or Rob into the game… in which case a starting group of 18 (10 women, 8 men + Rob and Russell, or perhaps a less-obvious 9-9 split) would work. That would also suggest that only one of Rob or Russell could become a contestant.”

And that would be very interesting, and could either jibe with or replace one of the other theories online, that Rob and Russell are serving as tribe mentors and have immunity until the merge. Either way, this twist seems to make the season less about Rob and Russell, which is a welcome change. Whatever happens with them, it looks like Survivor: Redemption Island (what the hell, I’ll just call it that) will be a game-changer, literally.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/ar...p_27_redemption

This post has been edited by Zoey0069: Sep 29th 2010, 1:53 PM

--------------------
andrelliott rock ..
IPB Image
sytycd: carly rudy tanisha casey bridget
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 29th 2010, 1:52 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

TOCTenor2005
post Sep 29th 2010, 7:24 PM
Post #2

Fav. XFAUS:REIGAN DERRY

UGH. First off, bringing Russell back is a season ruiner in itself. I was so happy I wouldnt have to listen to his fantards or the general audience talk about how amazing he is ever again. Because he f*cking sucks. Period.

LUCKILY I would hope everyone in the game would know to vote his a*s out QUICK.

Second, wtf at all these new rules? Survivor's been successful for this long because they've never fully tweaked it like they are now. STOP IT.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xoypoodlesx
post Sep 30th 2010, 6:44 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. SYTYCD3: Neil Haskell
Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell

W.T.F.? angry.gif

God I'm still hoping this Russell/Rob thing is just a big joke...though I know it's not. But seriously, as if that wasn't bad enough, what's up with these new rules? I'm so confused. I don't even understand why Rob/Russell need to come back. It's so stupid. BJ and Steph didn't have immunity in Guat right? (never seen it) And they both got pretty far so why do R/R need it?

Well here's to another season of Russell and his crazy a$$ fans. blarg.gif Blechhh. I miss old Survivor. crying.gif

This post has been edited by xoypoodlesx: Sep 30th 2010, 6:44 PM

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
credit: x x
+Quote Post
Allie303
post Sep 30th 2010, 7:05 PM
Post #4

This is retarded.

There is absolutely no survivor I want to see back for a 3rd or 4th time.

2 opportunities is more than enough. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Elenaic_1990
post Sep 30th 2010, 7:09 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

This is stupid. I never liked Russell. Rob, I don't mind but I'm tired of them bringing back past competitors. The twist sucks majorily too.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
wild.hope
post Sep 30th 2010, 7:30 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I don't know why but I can't help but just not believe it until I see Jeff Probst say something about this. pinch.gif I mean... he's even clearly stated that Survivor works because it follows a certain pattern and they add little things (HII, Medallion of Power) to embellish it. Why would they add in the MoP only to remove it a season later and add other tons of crazy stuff? I don't know how I feel about this... I want it to be false so badly. If it isn't, I really don't think I'll watch the season. They just want Russhole to win, and it's completely unfair how they're giving him the game. no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
NathanaelOlsen
post Sep 30th 2010, 7:33 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. Survivor Nic: Fabio!

Sweet!!
I'm just glad Russells coming back and not Na Onka.

HATE NA ONKA

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Oct 3rd 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #8

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

Ugh Island of the Dead was the only twist i was hoping they wouldn't get from the East. It's such a stupid twist.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post Oct 3rd 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

LOL OMG WAT

Russell, eww no. I do want to see Rob again. wub.gif But according to Sandra, Rob told her he was done with Survivor, so idk...

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post Oct 5th 2010, 8:21 PM
Post #10

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

Rob pretty much has the million anyways.. since he married Amber. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
NathanaelOlsen
post Oct 5th 2010, 9:31 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. Survivor Nic: Fabio!

QUOTE(dulcexmarisol @ Oct 3rd 2010, 9:48 PM) *

LOL OMG WAT

Russell, eww no. I do want to see Rob again. wub.gif But according to Sandra, Rob told her he was done with Survivor, so idk...

It's already confirmed, Rob's definatley in this season icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Oct 5th 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #12

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

I love how everyone is all LIKE freak RUSS coming back and crap

and i'm worried about this Redemption Island Twist. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Carrie&BlakeFan
post Oct 9th 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

Bringing Russell back and introducing all these new rules are so stupid. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Buy Carrie Underwood's new song "Something in the Water" on iTunes now!
+Quote Post
bosman
post Nov 19th 2010, 5:20 AM
Post #14

Fav. X Factor UK 7: Matt Cardle

QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Oct 10th 2010, 5:19 AM) *

Bringing Russell back and introducing all these new rules are so stupid. thumbdown.gif

Not at all. The new rules would work and they should give the public more power to decide on the sole surivor. Russel FTW!!!!!

This post has been edited by bosman: Nov 19th 2010, 5:21 AM

--------------------
Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with.
+Quote Post
titan
post Nov 22nd 2010, 9:43 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis

This show has officially jumped the shark. Time to shut it down people, this aint the Real World/Road rules challenge!

Guess I won't be tuning in to this season. sleep_1.gif bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image.IPB Image.IPB Image.IPB Image
+Quote Post
TOCTenor2005
post Nov 24th 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #16

Fav. XFAUS:REIGAN DERRY

QUOTE(bosman @ Nov 19th 2010, 5:20 AM) *

Not at all. The new rules would work and they should give the public more power to decide on the sole surivor. Russel FTW!!!!!

Hi Russell

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zoey0069
post Nov 24th 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #17

Fav. SYTYCD8: Tadd Gadduang
Fav. SYTYCD10: Hayley Erbert

QUOTE(TOCTenor2005 @ Nov 24th 2010, 5:48 PM) *

Hi Russell

LOLOL roll.gif

The new shiit is ruining the whole concept of Survivor. The whole purpose is that the people outside of the game don't interfere. The jury decide and that's it.

They really want that prick to win and I want him dead. He's fat, ugly, self-righteous, obnoxious and arrogant.

--------------------
andrelliott rock ..
IPB Image
sytycd: carly rudy tanisha casey bridget
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post Nov 24th 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

QUOTE(TOCTenor2005 @ Nov 24th 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Hi Russell

lmao.gif

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post Dec 21st 2010, 1:05 PM
Post #19

I don't know why everyone thinks the producers want Russell to win. It's already been proven that he can't win. Because everyone dislikes him so much, there's no way he'd get the votes. The reason why they are bringing him back isn't to try to give him a win. It's for entertainment purposes pure and simple.

I think bringing back both Rob and Russell is stupid though. And this new redemption island thing is terrible. Jeff called the Outcasts twist horrible on Pearl Islands. And now they're doing something like this? What the hell are they thinking?

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
Allie303
post Dec 21st 2010, 1:07 PM
Post #20

Can't wait to see Russell back wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 30th 2014, 8:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol