Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

50 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kris' 2nd album: "Thank You Camellia", Release Date: May 22, 2012
Riza-Smithson
post Mar 4th 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #521

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(idolwatcher_1 @ Mar 4th 2012, 7:26 PM) *

The current #1 song in the U.S. is Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger", which was produced by Greg Kurstin, who produced Kris' "Before We Come Undone" (which we all know should've been released instead of "The Truth" closedeyes.gif )... I wonder if Greg has produced anything on Kris' new album? shifty.gif

Things we still need to know from Kris:

- Album title
- Album release date
- Album producers
- Album songs (or when the final song selection is going to be made)

Cough it up, Kris... whistling.gif

I love BWCU! However...I really hope the majority of Kris's songs for this era have less overpowering instrumentation, and/or overproduction.(BWCU isn't overproduced. Not saying all from his debut era are.)From the looks of things that doesn't seem to be the case this time around. TVOL's production isn't overproduced is it? I'm waiting till I get my physical copy to listen to it so this is why I'm asking. With this era I hope he has one main album producer. Which also seems like a possibility.

Anyway...I think it's safe to assume that things would've gotten interesting had BWCU and AWM been released as singles. Yeah...I know AWM was released, but it sure didn't seem like it was. thumbdown.gif Oh, and had another upbeat single done well, and Kris's first era lasted long enough for a slower single or two to be released then I still think "Love Too Much" would've been a perfect single. A stripped down song like LTM(We'll never know if the production would've been amped up or not so I'm sticking with my "perfect as is" theory.)might have sold like hotcakes.

I'm dying to find all of this info out. Especially the album name. Tell us the name Kris! Pretty please? Wonder if he'll use a song name, a lyric, or something else entirely?

As for the release date. Hopefully it's out by early May, and not late May or in June. It coming out super late would hurt more than help. Since a lot of TV shows go on summer hiatus. Boy needs to make as many TV appearances as he can. Also, Haley's album is most likely coming out in May too and I pray for the both of them that their albums aren't released the same week Carrie releases hers. Now I'm not expecting either of them to be #1 or anything like that, but less competition would be nice. Which reminds me. PLEASE OH PLEASE ADAM. Don't release your album in May! fear2.gif

Counting down the days till we have an official album track list. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image♫♥Stay by my side, cause baby it's always better with you. Now that you're here there's no one else for me.♥♫AI13:~Majesty~Malaya~Caleb~Jess~Jena
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 4th 2012, 11:25 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

idolwatcher_1
post Mar 5th 2012, 6:11 PM
Post #522

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Riza-Smithson @ Mar 4th 2012, 10:25 PM) *

I love BWCU! However...I really hope the majority of Kris's songs for this era have less overpowering instrumentation, and/or overproduction.(BWCU isn't overproduced. Not saying all from his debut era are.)From the looks of things that doesn't seem to be the case this time around. TVOL's production isn't overproduced is it? I'm waiting till I get my physical copy to listen to it so this is why I'm asking. With this era I hope he has one main album producer. Which also seems like a possibility.

Anyway...I think it's safe to assume that things would've gotten interesting had BWCU and AWM been released as singles. Yeah...I know AWM was released, but it sure didn't seem like it was. thumbdown.gif Oh, and had another upbeat single done well, and Kris's first era lasted long enough for a slower single or two to be released then I still think "Love Too Much" would've been a perfect single. A stripped down song like LTM(We'll never know if the production would've been amped up or not so I'm sticking with my "perfect as is" theory.)might have sold like hotcakes.
I'm dying to find all of this info out. Especially the album name. Tell us the name Kris! Pretty please? Wonder if he'll use a song name, a lyric, or something else entirely?

As for the release date. Hopefully it's out by early May, and not late May or in June. It coming out super late would hurt more than help. Since a lot of TV shows go on summer hiatus. Boy needs to make as many TV appearances as he can. Also, Haley's album is most likely coming out in May too and I pray for the both of them that their albums aren't released the same week Carrie releases hers. Now I'm not expecting either of them to be #1 or anything like that, but less competition would be nice. Which reminds me. PLEASE OH PLEASE ADAM. Don't release your album in May! fear2.gif
Counting down the days till we have an official album track list. wub.gif

I think Adam is releasing his in like two weeks, and Kris definitely isn't releasing his album in March stuart.gif . Kris has been very quiet about a clear date though. Maybe he wants to keep from telling fans the wrong date until the record label finally determines it. But he needs to hurry! We'd like to know what's going on!! heart.gif

I do think/hope the new album keeps overproduction down... I think TVOL was pretty good in that way. The star of Kris' songs should always be his voice, prominently displayed in front of the instrumentation. I'm totally fine with just a guitar or piano/synth section placed in the song somewhere, but whenever Kris sings, his voice should be placed in front of the instrumentation and not behind it, like I felt some of the chorus sections did on his last album (Mike Elizondo, I'm looking at you!). As long as that improves, I think the album will already be an improvement over his first. yes.gif And I still really liked his first album, btw, but I critiqued it within the first week of its release, song by song, and I had to be honest about my feelings, and that was one of them.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cohoes
post Mar 5th 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #523

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. 8/Kris Allen 12/Candice Glover

I think Adam Lambert's album was pushed back to May or April. I am not sure why.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Riza-Smithson
post Mar 6th 2012, 5:23 AM
Post #524

QUOTE(idolwatcher_1 @ Mar 5th 2012, 6:11 PM) *

I think Adam is releasing his in like two weeks, and Kris definitely isn't releasing his album in March stuart.gif . Kris has been very quiet about a clear date though. Maybe he wants to keep from telling fans the wrong date until the record label finally determines it. But he needs to hurry! We'd like to know what's going on!! heart.gif

I do think/hope the new album keeps overproduction down... I think TVOL was pretty good in that way. The star of Kris' songs should always be his voice, prominently displayed in front of the instrumentation. I'm totally fine with just a guitar or piano/synth section placed in the song somewhere, but whenever Kris sings, his voice should be placed in front of the instrumentation and not behind it, like I felt some of the chorus sections did on his last album (Mike Elizondo, I'm looking at you!). As long as that improves, I think the album will already be an improvement over his first. yes.gif And I still really liked his first album, btw, but I critiqued it within the first week of its release, song by song, and I had to be honest about my feelings, and that was one of them.

Adam's album was originally going to be released on the 20th, but has been pushed back. That's why I'm worried...Hopefully his comes out in April at the latest.

I'm glad to hear that. Makes me even more pumped to hear the studio version of TVOL. grin.gif I agree. That's something that really annoyed me about some of the songs on his debut. Let the voice shine! Speaking of piano. Kris really needs to play it more live. I'm not just talking keyboard here. Grand piano too. Also hoping to hear more piano driven tunes on his sophomore album. Hopefully if there are he actually plays them live when I see him on tour again. Never heard "Bring It Back" or "I Need To Know" live. Few did though. Same with "Send Me All Your Angels" and "Let It Rain". And you know...Anything from "Brand New Shoes". Oh, well. Maybe he'll play some of those songs live more often. Someday. closedeyes.gif

QUOTE(Cohoes @ Mar 5th 2012, 10:58 PM) *

I think Adam Lambert's album was pushed back to May or April. I am not sure why.

It was pushed back. Not sure when it's coming out now. If he releases it in May things could get scary. With a hint of deja vu. no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image♫♥Stay by my side, cause baby it's always better with you. Now that you're here there's no one else for me.♥♫AI13:~Majesty~Malaya~Caleb~Jess~Jena
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Mar 6th 2012, 9:46 PM
Post #525

Tebey ‏ @Tebey
Just found out i'm gonna be back in the studio with @KrisAllen on Saturday here in LA. Cutting a song we wrote together.

Tebey co-wrote "Fighters" with Kris.

--------------------
+Quote Post
david90531
post Mar 7th 2012, 6:02 PM
Post #526

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

We need to know the name of the album already!!

--------------------
IPB Image
~~Graphic credit to idolwatcher_1. Thanks!~~
Favourite Idols: Kelly, Carrie, Katharine, Eva, Carly Rae, Blake, David A, Kris Allen
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Mar 11th 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #527

Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard
Fav. Gotye. Vampire Weekend.

IPB Image

These are the songs Kris wrote and registered to BMI as a songwriter. Titles could change but
You may see a few of them on his next CD.

BMI LINK

--------------------
Kris Allen- Stand for the Vision of Love, Will you?
+Quote Post
Riza-Smithson
post Mar 11th 2012, 6:14 AM
Post #528

QUOTE(nemoes @ Mar 11th 2012, 1:15 AM) *

IPB Image

These are the songs Kris wrote and registered to BMI as a songwriter. Titles could change but

BMI LINK

Interesting...

Can't wait till we have an offical tracklist(And name!)for the album. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
daniela$
post Mar 11th 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #529

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI12: Paul Jolley
Fav. AI8: KrisAllen,DannyGokey

QUOTE(nemoes @ Mar 10th 2012, 11:15 PM) *

IPB Image

BMI LINK

w00t.gif excited

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi by ♥flutterby♥/Sig by istersay
+Quote Post
taleman2004
post Mar 11th 2012, 4:28 PM
Post #530

Still got tonight won't be on his cd, it's the song Kris helped write for Matthew Morrison.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Mar 12th 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #531

Yeah, Matt sang it pretty good! heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:10 AM
Post #532

So I'm guessing this is the big news.

Album title is "Thank you Camellia", Release Date: May 22 w00t.gif

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-wors...camellia-305839

I'll just probably ask the mod to change the thread title.

This post has been edited by RinaM: Mar 29th 2012, 9:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MinhBin
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:24 AM
Post #533

QUOTE(RinaM @ Mar 29th 2012, 9:10 AM) *

So I'm guess this is the big news.

Album title is "Thank you Camellia", Release Date: May 22 w00t.gif

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-wors...camellia-305839

I'll just probably ask the mod to change the thread title.

IPB Image
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa huggy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:27 AM
Post #534

QUOTE(MinhBin @ Mar 29th 2012, 10:24 AM) *

IPB Image
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa huggy.gif

I see you Zorro. haha.gif

Very intriguing album title.
Who the heck is Camellia?
I'm assuming this is a title track. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by RinaM: Mar 29th 2012, 9:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:30 AM
Post #535

QUOTE(RinaM @ Mar 29th 2012, 9:27 AM) *

Very intriguing album title.
Who the heck is Camillia?

THIS.
I do like the album title.
Zorro looks hot and comfortable. Kris... well not so much. haha.gif
I like the british vibe and tone... me likey.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:41 AM
Post #536

So based on the songwriters mentioned on the THR article besides Nasri, Adam Messinger (TVOL) and Tim Pagnotta(OA), the other possible track that could be included in his album is "Rooftops" which Kris wrote with Kevin Kadish and Boots Ottestad. Kris mentioned Curt Schneider's name during a tweet but no song title has been associated with him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Levi
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:35 AM
Post #537

Fav. AI12: Paul Jolley
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

OMG!!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Love the cover art and the album title heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
nemoes
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:38 AM
Post #538

Thank You Camellia, the follow-up to his self-titled 2009 debut, features songs all co-written by Allen along with producers and songwriters Tim Pagnotta (former lead singer of Sugarcult and producer of Neon Trees' "Animal"), Curt Schneider (Augustana, Five for Fighting), Nasri and Adam Messinger, (Chris Brown, Justin Bieber), Kevin Kadish (Jason Mraz, Rob Thomas) and Boots Ottestad (Andy Grammar, Robbie Williams). According to a statement being issued today by his label RCA, Allen was also "integrally involved in the production aspect of the recording process."

flowers.gif w00t.gif I'm curious about "rooftops" as well.

This post has been edited by nemoes: Mar 29th 2012, 9:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:48 AM
Post #539

You can now pre-order "Thank You Camellia" Deluxe mp3, Standard CD and Vinyl. w00t.gif

http://www.myplaydirect.com/kris-allen/features/26768925

--------------------
+Quote Post
MinhBin
post Mar 29th 2012, 9:51 AM
Post #540

I want to see change from KAO include new images and the countdown clock for album release bleh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

50 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 6:14 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol