Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caseys First Music Video
OvenMitt
post Aug 11th 2010, 9:54 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

I hope this catches on! It has that '90s alternative element that I really miss.

Oops, I guess now we're off-topic. Lemme try and pull up some more videos I like to get things back on track.

How about "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots (which, by the way, would be an excellent song for Casey to cover!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtI0V5uS80...feature=related

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 11th 2010, 9:54 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

BIGMJFAN
post Aug 11th 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #22

They play CCR videos alot on cmt wide open. It is a section of videos where they play artists who are on the edge of country. Ones that might not get radio play. I hope he can find that right medium so he can gain lots of new fans.

--------------------
CASEY JAMES FUTURE COUNTRY STAR
+Quote Post
scooter
post Aug 11th 2010, 4:08 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Danny Gokey

I think there is a huge double standard. Us mostly female fans do not want to see Casey being close and making out with a gorgeous actress, but I love seeing gorgeous MALES in Music Videos playing around with and kissing female singers. Like this Katy Perry Music video for "Teenage Dreams". Who is this actor kissing Katy in this Music Video? I Love HIM! It makes me love the song and want to watch him. There are over 4 Million Views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fj2HVYlD_4&feature=fvst

--------------------
+Quote Post
captive_kitten
post Aug 11th 2010, 5:27 PM
Post #24

Fav. AI9: Casey James
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Colton D., Hollie C.

QUOTE(OvenMitt @ Aug 11th 2010, 10:54 AM) *

How about "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots (which, by the way, would be an excellent song for Casey to cover!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtI0V5uS80...feature=related

Oven that song has been playing in my head for days. Can't kick it.

Wish I had something to contribute to this thread. I think any Casey video would have to be stripped down and bare bones as possible. Nothing gimmicky or novelty like. Just standing in an abandoned warehouse or cornfield and jamming with his band. I see something in sepia tones. With not much emoting. haha.gif

The only reference I could come up with was Hunger Stike by Temple of the Dog. I lack imagination lol.

This post has been edited by captive_kitten: Aug 11th 2010, 6:40 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Aug 11th 2010, 6:37 PM
Post #25

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson/Jena Irene

QUOTE(captive_kitten @ Aug 11th 2010, 6:27 PM) *

Wish I had something to contribute to this thread. I think any Casey video would have to be stripped down and bare bones as possible. Nothing gimmicky or novelty like. Just stading in an abandoned warehouse or cornfield and jamming with his band. I see something in sepia tones. With not much emoting. haha.gif

The only reference I could come up with was Hunger Stike by Temple of the Dog. I lack imagination lol.

I posted this a while back as a song of the type I thought Casey would do well with. Even though it's technically grunge, there's enough blues in there to be right in Casey's wheelhouse, and of course gives him the opportunity for some serious guitar shredding.

--------------------
Michael Johns 1978-2014 ~ R.I.P.
100 Finalists Ranked/Seasons 5-13 / LuckyOtter's Redos
+Quote Post
emma&darcy
post Aug 12th 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(sweetbabyjames @ Aug 10th 2010, 12:05 PM) *

With all due respect for your opinion, this type of video is the exact opposite of what I think Casey should do. He just doesn't need this type of obviously staged sexuality; he oozes it with every lick of the guitar and every bead of sweat that trickles down his face. Also, it too country. Please don't be offended, this is just my opinion.

I agree, no uber-sexy videos for Casey please. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Aug 12th 2010, 2:34 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(captive_kitten @ Aug 11th 2010, 3:27 PM) *

Wish I had something to contribute to this thread. I think any Casey video would have to be stripped down and bare bones as possible. Nothing gimmicky or novelty like. Just standing in an abandoned warehouse or cornfield and jamming with his band. I see something in sepia tones. With not much emoting. haha.gif

This is pretty close to what I had in mind.

Another idea I have is something gritty roadhouse with a b&w photograph montage, then it breaks into a softly lit filtered sunny outdoor midwestern setting, Casey chewing on a blade of grass - or wheat... and his bandmates in the backround...

it could happen. huh.gif

haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Adam-The boy who fell to Earth, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
+Quote Post
Genilu
post Aug 12th 2010, 9:53 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Boudica @ Aug 10th 2010, 4:46 PM) *

lmao.gif

When you really think about it, it is quite funny.

I dont have clue it has been ages since I have seen a remotely interesting video, or I have just never given the subject any thought at all. (The last video I actually kinda liked was was Bad Romance for some reason, but it is not something I will admit to loudly. tongue.gif )
As for Casey there is the very obvious choice get him on a horse or something as the lone cowboy or a more historical outlaw Jessie James thing, or a dangerous gambler. I can see historical themes working quit well with him. Speaking about historical things how about a pirate or a Viking/ Barbarian, or a Roman or ancient Greek commander? Perhaps I just read to much historical stuff.

Or Casey Likes Starwars and Sci-fi stuff, so do something in the Final Fantasy mode, Casey reminds me a bit of Cloud actually (I dont know if anyone knows that game) and make him the saviour of some planet, with the historical twist and fancy swords.

Okay, perhaps I should just give up these idea's are so silly I dont even think I should be posting them, but perhaps it could give someone else a laugh. laughing.gif

All Casey needs to do on a video is sing and play guitar. Let someone else act out the song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DaboGirl
post Aug 14th 2010, 5:14 AM
Post #29

Casey did well in the Ford music videos on Idol even the really stupid ones (Lederhosen really)

But I think just a simple band and lead video would be what I would like to see and they should definitely let him laugh. His laugh is so infectious and loud and Texas and makes you smile and feel good (what just me?)

This post has been edited by DaboGirl: Aug 14th 2010, 5:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
scooter
post Aug 22nd 2010, 3:01 PM
Post #30

Fav. Danny Gokey

This topic has kind of gotten forgotten, but I posted this 11 Days Ago on Aug 11 when this video had 4,461,828 views on you tube, Today 08/22 , it has gained over 2 million views in 11 days on you tube. Today it has 7,238,828 views on you tube. The album will be released Tuesday. We have to THINK BIG for Casey. icecream.gif flowers.gif
QUOTE(scooter @ Aug 11th 2010, 2:08 PM) *

I think there is a huge double standard. Us mostly female fans do not want to see Casey being close and making out with a gorgeous actress, but I love seeing gorgeous MALES in Music Videos playing around with and kissing female singers. Like this Katy Perry Music video for "Teenage Dreams". Who is this actor kissing Katy in this Music Video? I Love HIM! It makes me love the song and want to watch him. There are over 4 Million Views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fj2HVYlD_4&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fj2HVYlD_4&feature=fvst

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Aug 22nd 2010, 3:08 PM
Post #31

I can't imagen him doing these kind of very sexy music videos! I mean he's not GAGA or going to Pop/Dance genre!
Casey is simple & better! heart.gif Just like him! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
scooter
post Aug 22nd 2010, 3:12 PM
Post #32

Fav. Danny Gokey

But videos sell singles and singles sell albums. Most country videos also tell stories and they ARE NOT sexy. All the Rascal Flatts videos and Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson videos tell stories. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
CJ1AI
post Aug 22nd 2010, 3:20 PM
Post #33

Yes yes.gif & that's what i meant! something simple tells the story of the song! but not like the pop music videos!
I think we're in the same point! huggy.gif bye1.gif

but i gotta admit , the guy has really great acting chops! he's more comfortable in front of the camera than the others! I really like him in the ford music videos! wub.gif

This post has been edited by CJ1AI: Aug 22nd 2010, 3:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Raise Your Glass
If You're Wrong

+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:25 PM
Post #34

More then any other genre music videos are essential and huge in country muisc. I mean artists even put put videos for singles that that they havent released to radio. I am sitting here watching videos and they keep putting a Taylor Swift clock up for the premier of her new video next week and it has a special to go along with it before they air it.

I could picture Casey doing something with his band in a video. Something like Kieth Urban has doen in a couple of videos. I dont think Casey needs to make a sexy video at least at first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
scooter
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:42 PM
Post #35

Fav. Danny Gokey

I got started liking some Country artists when Carrie said Rascal Flatts was her favorite when she was on AI4. So I started checking out their videos. I love them. In the video "Take Me There", they are playing as a band in it but there are good looking actors staring in it and the story line. They even played this video in the background of one of their performances on a Music Awards show. It does not hurt the 2 stars were very cute. So Casey could play in his band as long as there is some story line. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKy-6EXe2lQ

--------------------
+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:44 PM
Post #36

LOL Scooter I just saw take me there yesterday. And the first thing I thought of was Casey because of the long haired blonde surfer haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ZiggySmarts
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:47 PM
Post #37

Question? Do they play country video's only on CMT? I never see country vids on MTV or VH1 unless it's Taylor Swift or Carey Underwood when she does a pop song. I live in Boston and we don't get CMT here.

--------------------
Flatter me, I may not believe you. Criticize me, I may not like you. Ignore me, I may not forgive you. Encourage me, I will not forget you.
+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:53 PM
Post #38

Yes. Although I think Taylor may have had one or two on the mtv or vh1. I am thinking teardrops on my guitar. But not sure.

Cmt has two channels. One they play24 seven videos. The other one they mix in videos with other things like the singing bee or worlds stricktest parents and other programming. there is also GAC they play more videos but all have specials on. Just watched an origins program on Little Big town on how they got started and the history of the band. It was to promote there latest cd. By the way check them out. they are awesome. Little White church is the bomb. They are the fleetwood mac of country music.

QUOTE(ZiggySmarts @ Aug 22nd 2010, 5:47 PM) *

Question? Do they play country video's only on CMT? I never see country vids on MTV or VH1 unless it's Taylor Swift or Carey Underwood when she does a pop song. I live in Boston and we don't get CMT here.

You can always watch the videos online too.

This post has been edited by BIGMJFAN: Aug 22nd 2010, 4:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ZiggySmarts
post Aug 22nd 2010, 4:57 PM
Post #39

Well that's too bad the channel is not available to the whole country. They lose a lot of viewership that way. Only extra I will pay for channels I don't get is sports and entertainment package. Bastidges would put good NFL games on NFL network so I HAD to pay extra for that package. haha.gif

--------------------
Flatter me, I may not believe you. Criticize me, I may not like you. Ignore me, I may not forgive you. Encourage me, I will not forget you.
+Quote Post
BIGMJFAN
post Aug 22nd 2010, 5:00 PM
Post #40

I am lucky nfl network is included in my basic pacakge. I am thinking about getting nfl redzone.

Anyway back on subject. At least there are other venues to keep up with Caseys music videos. Most of the time you can find interviews from those channels on their websites.

QUOTE(ZiggySmarts @ Aug 22nd 2010, 5:57 PM) *

Well that's too bad the channel is not available to the whole country. They lose a lot of viewership that way. Only extra I will pay for channels I don't get is sports and entertainment package. Bastidges would put good NFL games on NFL network so I HAD to pay extra for that package. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 18th 2014, 4:41 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol