Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AI 2010 Tour Reviews, from IDF members
Kanze
post Jul 20th 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

Just thought I'd make a thread for tour reviews from IDF members who have gone to the show. Feel free to write up a review and post here. happy.gif I'll post mine of the Mansfield MA one shortly.

This post has been edited by Kanze: Jul 20th 2010, 12:30 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 20th 2010, 12:08 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kanze
post Jul 20th 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

KANZE'S REVIEW OF AI 2010 TOUR - MANSFIELD MA

I went to the concert in Mansfield MA on July 18, 2010 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the performances that night. Many of the finalists have improved significantly since they were on the show and all seemed to enjoy themselves immensely without the pressure of the judges in a competition setting. My favorites were Siobhan, Didi, Crystal and Casey during the show's run. I think the season would have been much better had the producers allowed the contestants to showcase their own musical identity more without the constraints of those ridiculous theme nights. Without further ado, here's how I rated them:

Casey - There is just something about a guy skillfully jamming on a guitar in a live concert setting that I find captivating. They should only allow you to use a guitar on American Idol if you're a badass on it, in which case, Casey completely is. He was absolutely fantastic in his set. "I Got Mine" was full of energy and really showcased how spectacular he is with the guitar and how comfortable he is as a performer. "Don't" was a favorite of mine from the show and Casey did not disappoint with this reprise. I remember on the show when he did "It's All Over Now" I originally thought he was a bit stiff, but he's really loosened up in these concerts. Together with "Have You Really Loved A Woman" his set was well balanced and entertaining. He is convincing as a musician in his skill level and maturity and I think he really possesses the potential to be successful in this cut throat industry.

Siobhan - My absolute favorite this season, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible, of course, so I'm putting her second. Siobhan's voice and stage presence stands head and shoulders above everyone else in the show, but her set felt much too short (through no fault of her own though). She really knows how to put on a show though, with the 3 set song she was given and I'm sure she definitely left her hometown crowd wanting more. Her voice was impeccable in "Paint It Black" and she didn't hesitate to finish with her trademark wail, which probably lasted upwards of 15 seconds. The crowd wild for it. Whenever she is on stage, she always pushes herself to perform and sing, never relenting, and constantly exceeding my expectations. "Spiderwebs" was infectious and full of energy which I think really showcased how comfortable she is on stage bouncing around and interacting with the audience. "Stockholm Syndrome" really let her to rock out, making you completely forget that this was an American Idol concert. The only thing wrong with this set that it was unfortunately way too short, but I think that it's pretty convincing evidence that she should make made it much farther than she did.

Crystal - Crystal's voice really fills up a place effortlessly and that's exactly what it did in concert. "What's Up" instantly energized the crowd to sing along. Her reprise of "Up to the Mountain" was beautiful and I'm happy she put down her guitar for this, which I think allowed it to feel more heartfelt and vulnerable. "Come to My Window" and "Piece of My Heart" had a similar vibe as "What's Up." She seemed to have a really good sense of humor too, even patriotically playing the harmonica when she mentioned she would be visiting the white house. Crystal is a natural talent with a beautiful voice and it is very clear she is aware of what kind of musician she is. The only problem I think she might have to be careful of is having all her songs sound the same. I really did enjoy her set and was happy to finally hear her sing in a live setting.

Katie - I really think Katie has significantly improved in confidence since the show. Her short set was playful and fun with covers of "Here We Go Again" and "Fighter." She really worked the stage and looked great while doing it. She has a really powerful voice for someone so young and really impressed me live. I think she really needs to avoid trying to imitate artists of the songs she covers. She really did sound like a young Christina Aguilera singing "Fighter." Very enjoyable.

Didi - Didi was one of my favorites in the beginning, and that was because of her heartfelt rendition of "Terrified." I sort of wish she had done another song though, only because I've heard her variations of "Terrified" so many times. I still thought it was beautiful. "Lay It On Me" is a very pretty song that not many people have heard unfortunately. Maybe it wasn't the best opening for an American Idol concert, but I think it's more important that Didi stay true to herself instead of choosing a song to energize the audience. It was a lovely opening set. When she started speaking, you could hear her voice was really hoarse. Hope that she gets better quick.

Aaron - Aaron did well with his set and really seemed to be having a good time. I'm not exactly a fan of his kind of music, but his faster tempo songs did get the crowd going. It was a pleasant change from his weekly ballad on American Idol. He still does the hip swaying thing and hand on his heart, but I guess I've grown to find it adorably awkward and kind of endearing.

Lee - I have to admit that Lee seems to have improved slightly from his run on American Idol. He was far from my favorite on the show, and the concert did nothing to change my opinion of him. I'm just not a fan of his kind of voice and especially not his off key problems, and never really bought into the humble paint salesman campaign that Idol tried to impose on the audience. He certainly seems a bit more confident and a bit more energetic. Instead of standing in place and swaying back and forth, he moves from stage left to stage right and tries harder to interact with the audience. I find that he uses the guitar as more of a crutch than as something that adds value to his performance. His skill level is no where near a performer like Casey's, so it seems somewhat awkward that he uses it in every song while only strumming a few notes. I did enjoy some of his set though, like "Use Somebody," and "Treat Her Like a Lady," but it was far too long for me.

Tim - I really like Tim. He's got a fantastic personality and way of looking at life. I like the songs that he choose (Better Days, Viva la Vida), but it did sound very karaoke. He seemed pretty comfortable on the stage and looked like he was having a blast.

Mike - I usually like Mike when he sings but I absolutely cannot stand his falsetto. It just kind of sounds girly and bothered me throughout his Idol run, especially coming from such a large guy. Unfortunately for me, he used it in full force for the show. He did rap a bit though which was impressive. I did enjoy his reprise of "Ready For Love" and "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" with Casey, but I thought the rest of his set was otherwise forgettable.

Andrew - "Straight Up" sounded better when it was condensed into a minute. Andrew's style probably sounds much better on youtube or in a coffee house, but on stage, he looked outmatched. The stage felt far too big for him. He didn't really perform anything, which made him rather forgettable.

Overall, it was a good show. My boyfriend actually thought that this year's concert was better than last year's and I have to agree with him. The Comcast Center was a neat venue out in the open and under the starts that was meant for concerts and not basketball/hockey. Also, the show felt a lot more balanced this year with good performances sprinkled throughout the course of the 2 hr 30 min instead of just the much anticipated Kradison show in the second half. Maybe that just means America got it really wrong this year, but it at least makes for a pretty good concert. grin.gif

This post has been edited by Kanze: Jul 20th 2010, 12:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mikeymike717
post Jul 20th 2010, 3:15 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI9: Katie Stevens

Bridgeport, CT

1. Siobhan- she was great, I was mad at the guy behind me asking me to sit down, next year no one over 50 is allowed. Stockholm Syndrome was my favorite, I was not too fimilar with the song and I found out she was singing it and ended up listening to it like every day great song and she did a great version of it.

2. Katie- maybe I'm a little biased she is from the same state as me and she was my favorite on the show. I think she improved soo much from the show. These were the types of songs she should have been sining but was never given the oppurtunity. I do wonder if she chose the Demi song on her own though, just because of how she and Aaron reacted to the Justin Bieber comments. She is the most commerical out of all the idols and she should do good.

3. Didi- She was great, I liked her on the show but it wasn't until I seen her live that I realized how screwed she got, she is way better than 10th place. The first song she sang great even though I never heard it before, I kind of wish she chose Rhiannon. I'm happy they let her pick this set because I remember last year Megan said in an interview she had to chose upbeat songs because she was an opener.

4. Aaron- really suprised me, and I still have Walking in Memphis stuck in my head, I did not know he was this good, I always thought he was good but not like this. I think he is going to be the most successful from this season.

5. Crystal- she was really good, I just didn't care for some of her song choices, I liked how she came up to the front of the stage and did Up to the Mountain but that is one of the songs I didn't care for along with Piece of My Heart, I agree with Allison from last year the song has been done too many times. Whats Up and Come to My Window were great though.

6. Casey- honstley he bored me to death on the show but his gutiar playing was great, he was really entertaining. Still not my favorite but he was good.

7. Andrew- I thought he had to best song selections out of everyone but he always does the same thing, I still say Straight Up was the performance of the season

8. Lee- He was the only one I was dissapionted in, I really like him on the show and wanted him to win over Crystal but I just didn't care for this set I liked Use Somebody and thats it. He was better than Kris was last year but thats not saying much

9. Tim- Better Days he did really good with but Thank God most people were singing along with Viva La Vida so it sort of hid what a trainwreck that was.

10. Big Mike- Too much of everything, he tried to hard, the rapping in My Love was awful, the ladies next to us kept saying he had another song I can't take much more. My brother loved him though.

Overall, I did think it was better than last year I think last year I had such high expectations that weren't met and Allison only got 3 songs plus Slow Ride which pissed me off but this year my expectations were so low. They all did a really good excpet Tim and Big Mike

This post has been edited by mikeymike717: Jul 20th 2010, 6:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
cass87
post Jul 21st 2010, 5:38 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI7: David Cook

This is the review I wrote after the Manchester concert. Enjoy!!!

It’s not too often you can say you went to bed feeling completely and utterly ecstatic, but on July 15, 2010, at 2am, I did. It was the morning after the July 14 American Idol concert in Manchester, New Hampshire. My mom and I, along with my aunt, continued our tradition of going to the summer tour featuring the top 10 American Idol contestants. After witnessing this event, I have to say, I truly cannot understand all the criticism this season faced for not being as good as past seasons. Every single one of the performers did amazing, showing talent and charisma. It was one of the best seasons of all the 9 years the show has been around. It was a great day for all of us; however it didn’t start out so great.

My mom, my aunt and I packed up the car early and left around noon. We went early to try to meet the idols when the busses arrived at the arena. It rained all the way there, but we still decided to stand in the rain, along with about 30 other anxious fans. Around 2 O’clock, shortly after the busses arrived, Tim Urban came up to the metal gate to sign a few autographs, though I’m not sure he was supposed to. The venue usually sets up barricades, but they hadn’t yet. Tim was the only one who came out before the show. Around 4:30, a security guard came out and told us they weren’t coming, but would definitely be out after the show. I understand the performers are busy, so it was all good. Honestly, all I really cared about was delivering the gift I had for my favorite, AI winner, Lee Dewyze. We did find some nice fans to talk to outside.

A bit disappointed, but still excited for the show, the three of us went to supper and returned to the arena around 6:00 to wait until doors opened at 6:30. I bought a program and picture of Lee, and went to find my seat. For some reason, this year the seating was different. Originally, I thought I was in the seventh row. Now, I thought my seat was probably further back, so I was understandably upset. I looked and looked and still couldn’t find my seat, so I found a worker, who told me to follow her. She leads me to the front of the arena, not to the seventh row, but to FRONT ROW CENTER. At this point, I was so beyond thrilled, I can’t even explain it.

At about 7:35 Didi Benami opened the show. I always liked Didi on the show and seeing her live, she seems like a really genuine person. She’s really beautiful and sings beautifully as well. She was very nice and reminded me a bit of Brooke White from season 7. She put on a great performance.

Next up was Andrew, on of my favorites from the beginning. Andrew really seems like he would be an awesome person to know in real life. He was kind, funny and showed tons of personality, regardless of what Simon Cowell had to say during the season. He sang the song he became remembered for, “Straight Up,” by Paula Abdul. I could definitely see why he was an early frontrunner, despite coming in ninth place. The guy has serious talent and a very original voice.

After Andrew was done, it was 17-year-old Katie Stevens. This girl can definitely sing and had tons of energy on stage. She also sang one of my favorite songs ever, “Fighter,” by Christina Auilera, so of course, I sang along. She definitely knew how to get the audience on their feet.
After Katie was done, all the teenage girls around me started going insane. They knew what was next. IT was time for Tim Urban. Tim was not one of my favorites on the show, but he did do a really great job. He interacts with fans as if they are his close friends. He went over to the side of the stage and touched eager hands. Most of the front rows of the audience sang along with him to “Viva La Vida,” by Coldplay. Tim and Katie were great performing one after the other because they really got the audience excited to be there and have fun.

Following Tim was Siobhan. I loved Siobhan and she was probably my favorite female this season. I really wish she would have made it further because I think she deserved to. This girl sang her heart out. She really rocked the performance. I started thinking she might have super human lungs or something. At one point, the little girl standing next to me just looked at her father with big eyes, in awe, and went “Holy Cow!” Holy Cow was right, it was incredible. I was also absolutely in love with her outfits. They were a mixture of punk/gothic with a little glam thrown in. They were probably not something you would bear out to the mall, but I thought they were really cute, yet edgy. Siobhan has a shot at a great career.

The youngest idol on tour, Aaron Kelly was up next. This kid really impressed me. I’m definitely not a country fan at all, but I knew the songs, so I sang along. He sang the song, “Walking In Memphis,” as pictures of Elvis showed in the background as a tribute. I do really like his song. At his age, I probably would have been scared to death at the concept of being in front of so many people. Aaron was not just good for his age, he was good period. The first 6 singers ended the first half of the show with a beautiful rendition of “The Mountain.”

After intermission started, I made sure I got as close to the stage as possible so I could be there when Lee came out.

Big Mike Lynche was the first to perform in the second half. Mike seems like a really sweet guy. His songs were so heartfelt and emotional. He sang another great song I love, “This Woman’s Work,” which brought judge Kara Dioguardi to tears in the beginning of the AI season. I disagree with Jamie Fox, who said Mike wasn’t a true artist. Mike has definitely earned the title of artist. Many people labeled Mike as arrogant during the show. Mike showed what a lie this really was. He was so incredible with the fans and not the least bit arrogant. Just very real and very talented.

Like I said before, not a country fan, so I thought I might be bored by third place finisher, Casey James, who sang primarily country. Boy was I wrong! Just his guitar playing skills alone makes Casey a star. Add the singing, and he was awesome. Casey was another one who seemed super sweet. Casey was my aunt’s favorite and she called him a “doll.” Big Mike also came back out to join Casey for “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?” Their voices sound beautiful together, something you might not expect from 2 people in such diverse genres. Overall, I would definitely classify Casey as a star.

Next to last was Crystal. Crystal is extremely talented, even if she is not necessarily the typ of artist I usually listen to. She played guitar and harmonica beautifully. She also really connected with the fans. She sat very close to the audience and even talked to them. There’s no question this girl is amazing and has a great career in front of her.

Next up, the moment I had been waiting for. Lee Dewyze. Excitement I had been feeling all night multiplied by infinity. I’m not going to lie, I screamed. I mean, I really screamed, probably louder than anyone in the front row. I have never been the teeny bopper type, but I just feel a really deep connection to Lee Dewyze and his music. I won’t go into details, but we also have somewhat similar pasts, so I felt like he was someone I could identify with and look up to. Many of the people in the front row were older people, and left before Lee came on! I guess they couldn’t handle the excitement. As Lee was singing his heart out, I was screaming my heart out. (He sounded much better.) Lee has so much passion and soul. It was unbelievable, incredible, a night I will never forget. Lee kept thanking the fans and seemed amazed at all the people. I can’t put into words anyone would understand, how happy I am for Lee. His dreams are coming true, and it couldn’t happen to a better man. Lee made the night perfect.

The top 10 idols performed one last time together in a mash up of “It’s My Life,” and “My Life Would Such Without You.” They all look like they are best friends and sound great together. I hope they all continue with their music, because every one of them is so incredibly talented.

It was over, but now, it was time to run. I hurried as fast as I could to the barricades. My camera battery died at the very end of the show, but luckily I had an extra one. I changed my battery as I ran through the crowds. My mom and aunt were nice enough to leave early to get me a good spot. The barricades looped all the way around the back of the arena. We were near the end of the line, but I was in the front next to the gates. There were so many people. I thought I might get trampled, but I held my ground. I wasn’t moving, even if my lungs did get crushed. After about ½ hour the idols started making their way around to the fans. Siobhan, Mike, Tim, Didi, and Aaron all started at the other end, quite a ways from us. But pretty soon Casey and Katie came down to our end. Soon Andrew also came, followed by guess who? Lee. All four of them gave high fives on the way down the line, so I got high fives from all of them. I don’t often sue the word giddy, but I was giddy. Andrew stopped to take pictures and chat. Katie was really nice as well. Casey is a really sweet guy and really took his time with the fans. I got all their autographs. Lee was hurried by his handler, but you could still see how appreciative and sweet his is. He was mostly signing pictures and concert programs, but I decided to be different and ask him to sign his independent, “Slumberland,” CD. I will keep it forever. I gave him my gift of a necklace and song I wrote for him. He hesitated, and concentrated on getting all the autographs, but a few seconds later he looked at me and said, “Thank you so much!” I was so happy I got to give it to him in person. That was my most important mission of the concert. I just really wanted him to know how much his music meant to me. My mom even got to snap a quick picture, even though he wasn’t really taking pictures. It was absolutely perfect. Later, I also got autographs from Didi, Siobhan, Mike and Crystal, and I told Siobhan how much I loved her outfits. I also got a picture with Mike. I managed to get all their autographs except for Aaron and Tim because they had to go in. But it was okay, it was a great night.

So I went home a very happy girl. These were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I really hope to see Lee on his solo tour and can’t wait for his CD. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for the other singers as well. Lee really was incredible and I think he is someone who could really change the world of music forever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
erica_yo
post Jul 22nd 2010, 1:47 AM
Post #5

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=653560 wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxEvaBunnyxx
post Jul 22nd 2010, 5:32 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. SYTYCD: Jeanine Mason. <3

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=653533&st=40 spaz.gif

It looks long, but it's got quite a few pics and is really worth the read. [/shameless self-promotion]

--------------------
-Shannon ~ SYTYCD8: CAITLYNN, RICKY, CLARICE, TADD, MARKO, MELANIE, Jess, Jordan, Mitchell.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
mason. holker. colfer. michele. kelly. swift. agron. white. archuleta. jepsen. groff.
I met Jeanine Mason on 09/30/09 at 1:00 am. :) | Sig Icons by Briana (Weazzy)!
I finally met Allison Holker at 12:12 AM on 10/19/10. <3
+Quote Post
wickedelphie10
post Jul 26th 2010, 8:28 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI7: David Cook

I went last night. It was a good show! We were in section 1 in the last row and there were a lot of empty seats in front of us!
Anyways,
Didi-She was great. She looked good and she knows how to talk to an audience. I felt sorry for everyone before intermission because not many people stood. It was an outdoor arena, so it was hot. I didn't stand either b/c there was a little kid behind me for this part of the concert, who i think moved when I started standing a lot lol oops blushing.gif

Andrew-His entrance was kind of cheesy. "Straight Up" was almost unrecognizable because I was expecting it a little more acoustic. His set was still good though.

Katie-Katie did a great job. I feel like on the show I didn't buy into some of her movements, but live it looked realistic. When at the barricades afterwards I heard a little kid say she was really good, and they mentioned they liked her because she actually sang songs they knew. She was also really sweet at the barricades. There were these really big fans of hers at the barricades, one of which was a child who looked to be about 5/6. They all were fluent in Portuguese and she had a long conversation with them in Portuguese. The kid was beside himself it was adorable! Then, before she went back inside she came back and gave him a hug and he was bouncing up and down. It was really cute.

Tim-As expected Tim had a lot of fans there. He was good. He was the first one I stood up for b/c I really like the song "Viva La Vida" ever since I played it in orchestra.

Siobhan-I loved her entrance. She had a really fun set. Her vocals were incredible. I still am not a fan of the big notes, but her vocals are certainly lovely! This one guy wore a really creepy mask during her set and had a sign that said "I'm only here for Siobhan."

Aaron-He was better than I expected. I was having some problems understanding some of the others, but for the most part he was pretty clear! I was impressed. original.gif

Mike-Mike was as good as I expected, but I just don't like the type of music he sings. He's really talented at what he does though.

Casey- Casey was fun to watch as well! Man, he is quite the guitar player- so talented! Amazing!

Crystal-She was amazing! I was having problems understanding what she was saying in between her songs, so I think she needs to enunciate more there, but I think the wireless mic headset was a great idea on her part!

Lee-He was better than I expected. He also won 10 points for saying something like, "This is a moment," during Hallelujah! hahah lol

Afterwards they all came out afterwards except Crystal. When at the barricades afterwards I heard a little kid say Katie was really good, and they mentioned they liked her because she actually sang songs they knew. Katie was also really sweet at the barricades. There were these really big fans of hers at the barricades, one of which was a child who looked to be about 5/6. They all were fluent in Portuguese and she had a long conversation with them in Portuguese. The kid was beside himself it was adorable! Then, before she went back inside she came back and gave him a hug and he was bouncing up and down. It was really cute. Another kid I was standing next to was a big Casey fan. When he came out she was thrilled. It was cute how he interacted with her. I just have to say they all really nice to the fans and they all take their time. At first I was just going for autographs, but I got a picture with Siobhan, Tim, and Aaron. The one with Aaron came out all fuzzy, Tim's was the best. Siobhan was nice enough to pose twice since the first one I took with her came out really blurry as well. They are all good people. It'll be interesting to see how they do afterwards and what they do.

--------------------
IPB Image
sig: DavidA_Carrie. Avi: JeffreyJBJB I am the red Bower Ranger.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 24th 2014, 10:39 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol