Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible artist/song-writer collaborations for Allison.
1201O
post Jul 3rd 2010, 4:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

Okay, I know Allison is still a new artist, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought of some possible collaborations for Allison (be it a duet or a song-writing.)

Here's some of my dream collaborations from the top of my head.

Song-writing:
Sia
Linda Perry (I know she's become kinda of generic, but I think she still has it in her.)
Shakira (Allison would bring out the old Shakira in her, or at least I can dream.)
Stevie Nicks (Long shot, but oh-well.)
Pink (More for Allison's sake, seeing as I don't think Pink is too great of a song-writier.)

Duets:
Kris Allen (The Scientist was awesome, imagine an original.)
And that's it, b/c tbh, I don't see any of my favorite rock bands (except maybe Weezer) accepting to do a duet.

What are your suggestions? And try not to include ridiculous possibilities, like Axel Rose, for example.

This post has been edited by 1201O: Jul 3rd 2010, 4:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 3rd 2010, 4:28 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bfflofsteven
post Jul 3rd 2010, 4:30 PM
Post #2

A True Friend Stabs You In The Front

Fav. Person: Bruce

You're missing a colon after ~duets. js.

This post has been edited by Josuff: Jul 3rd 2010, 4:31 PM

--------------------
x
+Quote Post
1201O
post Jul 3rd 2010, 4:31 PM
Post #3

Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

QUOTE(Josuff @ Jul 3rd 2010, 5:30 PM) *

You're missing a colon after ~duets. js.

Thank you. closedeyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
buckcherry
post Jul 3rd 2010, 5:08 PM
Post #4

From those not mentioned before

I would like her to colloborate with Butch Walker. He's Pink's buddy that's touring with her as a opener in Europe. This guy is a brilliant songwriter and producer, he worked with Pink, Avril Lavigne, Pete Yorn, The Donnas, Katy Perry, Weezer and some band more known to you US peeps like Secondhand Serenade, All Time Low. Overall he works with people from pop/rock to rock and metal. You may not know it, but you *heard* his work. Listened to his solo albums recently, really good pop/rock stuff with some unconventional lyrics. It;s edgy, it's interesting, it's not repetitive and it's damn hooky/cacthy. Just listen to songs like Ponce de Lone Ave, Here Comes The, She Likes Hair Bands.

I would love Allison to work with Beth Hart (and I will be forever thankful to LulaSan for introducing me to her music). She could work with Allison on some bluesy stuff with some funky piano. Cool songs: California Dreamin' (cover), Am I the One, Botthe of Jesus, Broken and Ugly.

Orianthi's guitar solos or maybe a duet. They both could do a really sweet duet if the song was not a wailing-type. A slow or mid-tempo song. A mix of Allison's Scars/You Don't Know Me with Orianthi's He's Gone/Wouldn't Change A Thing. This way both could shine.

This will probably be funny coming from me... but Nick Jonas... I don't like he's voice but I heard he wrote/produced his solo album... which I think was a really good material that was wasted. Wasted because he recorded it to soon, he should have waited few years, coz his woice if too childish. So the album is like a mix of John Mayer and The Wallflowers with some rockish funky stuff. Some good songs: State of Emergency, Conspiracy Theory, Last Time.

This post has been edited by buckcherry: Jul 3rd 2010, 5:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 3rd 2010, 5:23 PM
Post #5

Everyone knows I'd love a David Cook duet and she said she'd love to sit down and write a song with him and he said he'd love to duet with her as well. More than my shipping heart, I just think their voices and overall vibe would work well on a rock song.

I second the Beth Hart collaboration as well.

This post has been edited by LulaSan: Jul 3rd 2010, 5:25 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
4thosewithheart
post Jul 3rd 2010, 5:37 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(buckcherry @ Jul 3rd 2010, 5:08 PM) *

From those not mentioned before

Orianthi's guitar solos or maybe a duet. They both could do a really sweet duet if the song was not a wailing-type. A slow or mid-tempo song. A mix of Allison's Scars/You Don't Know Me with Orianthi's He's Gone/Wouldn't Change A Thing. This way both could shine.

Where are those from? unsure.gif

I think Rivers Cuomo from Weezer would be cool. He worked with Adam, why not Allison?

OMG Lzzy Hale from Halestorm!!!! When I heard last year that Allison had some rock vibes in her album, I immediately thought Halestorm. They've got an alternative/classic rock/almost metal thing goin on. Allison doing something like that would be PERFECT, I think. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Maybe even Dilana happy.gif Alanis Morissette would be cool for lyrical things and such. Avril Lavigne maybe for a punkish vibe. I'd love something with Hayley Williams/Josh Farro heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
buckcherry
post Jul 3rd 2010, 5:50 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(4thosewithheart @ Jul 3rd 2010, 5:37 PM) *

Where are those from? unsure.gif

Orianthi recorded 3 albums. She self-released the first two - wrote songs, produced them played all usntruments. The first one is impossible to get, but there are only instrumentals there. The second one is half instrumental half normal. Those songs come from the second one, it's called Violet Journey, it's from 2006 I think and IMHO it's better from the current one.
He's Gone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DeHzhxsznY
Wouldn't Change a Thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSVk98zE08

This post has been edited by buckcherry: Jul 3rd 2010, 5:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
4thosewithheart
post Jul 3rd 2010, 5:55 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(buckcherry @ Jul 3rd 2010, 5:50 PM) *

Orianthi recorded 3 albums. She self-released the first two - wrote songs, produced them played all usntruments. The first one is impossible to get, but there are only instrumentals there. The second one is half instrumental half normal. Those songs come from the second one, it's called Violet Journey, it's from 2006 I think and IMHO it's better from the current one.
He's Gone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DeHzhxsznY
Wouldn't Change a Thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSVk98zE08

Oh yeaaa. There's a dude on twitter who runs her twitter fan page and she gave him one of those instrumental ones shocked.gif
Ahhh Violet Journey. I knew it. I've been trying to find somewhere to download that cd for a while. Thanks happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DJRnold
post Jul 10th 2010, 7:26 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover

QUOTE(1201O @ Jul 3rd 2010, 5:28 PM) *
Pink (More for Allison's sake, seeing as I don't think Pink is too great of a song-writier.)
fail.gif

bleh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Blend by: oxidol_2.0 || Angie Amber Janelle Candice Kree || R.I.P. Gary Fan
+Quote Post
irina_something
post Jul 10th 2010, 8:40 AM
Post #10

omg !!!!
one thing i love to do is to check what the people that have some similar taste in music with me like. and i just checked Beth Hart. wow, she is amazing !!!!!!! i only saw her live youtube ( yes, youtube is now working normally for me ) performances and i was blown away. i need to look more stuff up about her. and is she just as good recorded? because if she is i need a record with this girl. do any of you own a record with her? if so which one ? do tell me more. if this is not the right thread just send me a message, or write it in the off topic thread. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 10th 2010, 9:01 AM
Post #11

Yes, she is good recorded. I introduced buckcherry to her because in a way, Allison reminds me of her, except I think Allison has a better voice.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
irina_something
post Jul 10th 2010, 9:43 AM
Post #12

i can see the similarities lulasan. i can't say who is better because the obvious age difference, life style and type of songs sang by beth and allison make them impossible to way one against the other. but i can see the true talent that lies in both of them and the way they pour themselves into their music. i am watching now the live at paradiso vids and i think i am gonna buy that cd ( of course if the technology does not mock me again )

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 10th 2010, 9:48 AM
Post #13

Im not saying Allison is better, just that she has a better voice, in terms of register and richness which is pretty objective.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mikeymike717
post Jul 16th 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. AI9: Katie Stevens

Allison and Korn. I would love to here her sing Freak on Leash but that maybe to dark for her.

I'm kind of against her doing a duet with David Cook or any Idol actually, she already is in the shadow of Adam and Kris. She needs to distance herself from the show to become successful, I think. Even though, I'm sure she will turn up on Crystal Bowersoxs' album being they are on the same label and everything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AllisonUK
post Jul 16th 2010, 2:53 PM
Post #15

Whoever wrote Scars, Trouble Is, Still Breathing and You Dont Know Me ( shifty.gif ) is fine with me bleh.gif

--------------------
The sky will never look the same again - till you show me how it could be.
+Quote Post
Shannyface87
post Aug 1st 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #16

It would be fun if she can do a single with Pink. Adam had a chance to sing one of Pink's songs and put it on his album which is totally awesome so hopefully Allison can work with her on something. As long as Pink doesn't go crashing into any barrels again if they sing together I think everything is gonna be fine.

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by idolook
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Aug 1st 2010, 7:26 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(Shannyface87 @ Aug 1st 2010, 8:15 PM) *

It would be fun if she can do a single with Pink. Adam had a chance to sing one of Pink's songs and put it on his album which is totally awesome so hopefully Allison can work with her on something. As long as Pink doesn't go crashing into any barrels again if they sing together I think everything is gonna be fine.

Allison has actually already recorded one of Pink's songs. I just wish Pink would sing with her, or give her something with huge single potential like "Whataya Want From Me?"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Shannyface87
post Aug 1st 2010, 7:50 PM
Post #18

Yeah it would be cool to see what her vocal interpretation would be of that song WWFM as Adam rocked it and I believe his vocal abilities did it alot of justice but every artist has a different interpretation of a song when they sing it.

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by idolook
+Quote Post
Jesses_Girl
post Aug 1st 2010, 8:12 PM
Post #19

Fav. AI11: DeAndre Brackensick
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon

The same people she worked with on her first album grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RedrojoxD
post Aug 1st 2010, 9:44 PM
Post #20

songwriters- linda perry, max martin

collaborations- hayley williams, pink, juanes =D

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 2nd 2014, 6:45 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol