Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Interviews, Post any interviews, new or old, here
ailyn24voices
post Jul 16th 2011, 8:08 AM
Post #341

Group: Members

Here's a pretty interesting interview from Indonesia. original.gif http://id.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/blog-editor/...-150740112.html

I'll try to translate it haha.

Ever since becoming the second-place winner of American Idol in 2008, David Archuleta was no longer like other teens his age. Everyday he's busy with tour promos, concerts, interviews with media and other things related to his music career.

However that doesn't mean that the person born on the 28th of December 1990 has become proud. While talking with Yahoo! Indonesia a day before his appearance in the Ponds Teens Concert, David was friendly, humble and even showed hints of shyness. In this first visit to Asia he's not shy to announce that he absolutely loves 'lemper'.

"I've just tried eating 'lemper' and it is one of the most delicious foods I've ever tasted." said the musician who can play the guitar and piano.

Yahoo!: When you were 12, you sang the national anthem of America in a stadium in front of a lot of people. and on the 3rd of July recently you returned to sing the national anthem in front of thousands of people. How did you feel?

David: It was so cool/awesome/(insert preferred adjective)! I performed in a stadium called Stadium of Fire in my hometown, Utah, and we got to surprise the audience. Before I appeared, they showed a clip of me singing the national anthem when I was 12. In the middle of it the video is cut and is continued with my singing live in the stadium. It was so cool. and there were so many people, about 15 000 people. That's a lot for Utah. At the event there was also Brad Paisley, my favourite country singer. I really love his song called "When I Get Where I'm Going".

Yahoo!: You like country music?

David: I love all kinds of music, but lately since I've been going to Nashville a lot, so I've been listening to country music more.

Yahoo!: Did have any other ambitions than to become a singer?

David: Since I was little I'd fallen in love with music, so from the beginning I've always wanted to be a musician. But when I was younger I was thought of becoming a caretaker of an animal farm (there's probably a better word for this but I can't think of it now lol), because I really love animals. But it seemed like I was only good in music. I don't have any other thing I'm good at. Luckily enough I'm now a musician, if I wasn't, I wouldn't know what else I can do.

Yahoo!: In Indonesia there are many famous musicians that started from YouTube. What do you think?

David: Times have changed. Now everything depends on technology that keeps advancing, and YouTube is one of them. Just look at Justin Bieber. He's a perfect example of some that can 'explode' just through YouTube. My friend named Kina Grannis, she's also one of the people that achieved popularity through YouTube. Now she has so many fans.

Yahoo!: Are you someone that is (according to google translate) technology literate?

David: I don't really know. I spend a lot of time in front of my laptop, but I'm not a gadget freak. I'm not really bothered about the latest gadgets, even the iPad. I try not to be too tied with an iPad because I don't want to be too dependent on a gadget. Throughout this tour in Asia, I haven't even switched on my phone. (that's cause you've been using other people's phones, david... lol)

Yahoo!: You are active in church and as a boy scout. Are you really a 'goody two shoes'?

David: Hahaha seems so.

Yahoo!: Have you ever skipped school?

David: Nope. Haha.. I used to be very hardworking kid, I never wanted to skip school, I never wanted to be late every morning. Even when I was sick I didn't want to leave school. There was one day when I wasn't feeling too well, but I went to school anyways. At lunchtime I called my mom and asked her to pick me up 'cause I was sick. After getting fetched and returning home I vomited a few times, then I said to my mom "okay, mom. now please take me back to school again'. I didn't want to fall behind in my studies. I used to get A's all the time. But that ended once I got on American Idol. Hahaha...

Yahoo!: What were you like back in high school?

David: I was in the nerd group. In school, I was really shy and didn't talk much. My friends gave me the nickname 'Smiley Boy' because I rarely talked, but I was always smiling. I also laughed easily. There were some kids that liked to cause trouble in school, there were some that liked to joke, but I didn't follow them. I'd just smile and laugh. Hahaha.

and I don't know why I just translated all of that when I could've just googled translated it lol. I don't even speak Indonesian so my translation is probably not accurate but the general meaning should be the same haha.

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 16th 2011, 8:08 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ailyn24voices
post Jul 29th 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #342

Another interview from Asia! Really like his answers in this one.

http://galaxieblog.com.my/blog/permalink.asp?id=4653

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
cmonster
post Nov 21st 2011, 2:23 PM
Post #343

Does anyone have the video from his appearance on Good Day Utah on Fox 13 today? Thanks! bye1.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to raphy23 for the great sig!
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Nov 22nd 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #344

QUOTE(cmonster @ Nov 21st 2011, 2:23 PM) *

Does anyone have the video from his appearance on Good Day Utah on Fox 13 today? Thanks! bye1.gif

you can find it on the archuletafanscene.com site original.gif I don't know how to get the URL, so yeah haha grin.gif

nvm, got it http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/6647067b...ng-performances original.gif

they likened his autograph to a seismograph. laughing.gif

This post has been edited by ailyn24voices: Nov 22nd 2011, 12:45 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
cmonster
post Nov 22nd 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #345

QUOTE(ailyn24voices @ Nov 21st 2011, 11:38 PM) *

you can find it on the archuletafanscene.com site original.gif I don't know how to get the URL, so yeah haha grin.gif

nvm, got it http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/6647067b...ng-performances original.gif

they likened his autograph to a seismograph. laughing.gif

Thanks a ton!!! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks to raphy23 for the great sig!
+Quote Post
BRSTek
post Nov 22nd 2011, 3:45 PM
Post #346

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI6: Chris Richardson

Tons of interviews from today and yesterday! More to come!
http://www.somethingboutarchie.com/2011/11...ning-today.html

http://www.somethingboutarchie.com/2011/11...from-today.html
sorcerer.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Dec 1st 2011, 3:23 AM
Post #347

GUYS! NEW SONG! It's called 'My Kind of Christmas' hahah. grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.actio...281474980839973

Besides doing numbers from his 2009 holiday album, he’ll also perform a few of the six songs on which he was featured on the recently released Glad Christmas Tidings, the latest album by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He will also perform a few new songs as well, including “My Kind of Christmas,” a song he co-wrote in response to a fan’s suggestion (derived from the title of the song “My Kind of Perfect,” a track on Archuleta’s last album, The Other Side Of Down).

“It was just spur of the moment, but I ended up really liking how it turned out, explaining what Christmas means to me,” he elaborates. “What is my kind of Christmas? That’s what we describe. It’ll be exciting to share an original Christmas song with the fans.”

and an interview with Steven that got me really excited

http://www.popcitylife.com/2011/11/pop-cit...e-steven-j.html

PCL: Okay, Steven. We gotta ask you for some setlist spoilers. Now, we don’t want you to get fired or anything so we’ll take some vague ones if you got ‘em

Steven: ha ha ha Well, the most I can say is that the versatility in genres are mindblowing, and that the Christmas spirit will definitely be felt! This one is one for the books! There is a cool surprise during a very well known Christmas song during the show. I can’t say what the song is, but the genre is rock. ;-) Listen up for it!

David doing rock?! Am so excited for this tour haha.

This post has been edited by ailyn24voices: Dec 1st 2011, 3:43 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 11:07 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol