Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> For all the new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!, How did Adam affect/change your life?
madamimadam
post May 30th 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

This thread is meant for all those fans who discovered Adam later in the game to post their stories. We oldies love to hear how you discovered Adam, what hooked you, your favorite performance/trait/outfit, etc.

Buckle up guys! We're in for a wild ride with Adam at the wheel!!!!

And I'm posting this as a welcome wagon gift....

Have a cigarette ready for afterwards (even if you don't smoke!) icecream.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ljb_JsvUEc

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 30th 2010, 12:14 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
madamimadam
post May 30th 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Come on guys! Don't be shy! We're all in this together! For the love of Adam!

huggy.gif

QUOTE(MeLainii @ May 30th 2010, 12:15 PM) *

hey madamimadam original.gif

well I searched new music for my iPod and looked on youtube .. a few weeks ago I already saw "For your Entertainment", found it real catchy but did not showed more intrest into it .. but 5 weeks ago I put it onto my iPod, listened to it on my way to work and loved it even more .. from then on my intrest for him growed and I began to do my research about him on the internet .. I began to learn more from him, found him so talented and I simply love him original.gif .. here's what I wrote to a fanpage, which asked fans to write down, what us fans love the most on him ~>

80. @Melainii - 1st I love Adam for his straight way to say things the way they are! He never whitewashes anything and his honesty is not for anybody but on this way he knows, which Fans stand by him ANY DAY! Then I love how open he is with his sexuality and that he admitted it and feels so comfortable with it! I am really glad, that he gives a freak on press or critic and just is doing his thing! He leads by example! I love his strong heart for Charity and the way he stands in for his Family and Glamily! Of course I love his Talent, his Voice, his sense for his Clothes and his Make-Up .. He is just a very pretty Man and he is sexy, sweet and his radiation knocks you out! I simply love him for the way he is and I am so glad for being a Fan of Adam!

QUOTE(Tammo @ May 30th 2010, 12:34 PM) *

I saw him with wwfm on our national music thing (TMF) and well, I was like: omg, I like him! and..I think I know him blink.gif'' Then I read his name and I was like OOHYEAAH, cause a friend of mine send a picture of him while before that and for some reason I thought he was ugly en scary _O_ But since I saw wwfm I think; damn, the guy is hot.. I saw those same pictures again and I was like: .. Tamara, you're an idiot for finding him scary first!

So there, a fan was born and since then I listen to him..most of the time grin.gif

QUOTE(LovelyWolf @ May 30th 2010, 12:59 PM) *

@ this page and the previous. HOLY MOTHERFRIGGIN SIHTE HOLY MOMMA FREAKING CROW!!!!!!!!! omg.gif

and chill out, dudes. i iz an new fan too. new-ish. *shrug*
first song I heard of his was Sure Fire Winners on an online custom radio website called Jango. and I was like WTF? whos singing that ???
and then saw 2012 ... was left mouth open over the song on the ending credits... and then FINALLY saw the FYE video and was like hooooooollllyyyyy omg.gif

btw- is it wrong to get all kinds of awkward feelings from the knees up when I see adam with glitter/vampire fangs/ rhinestones on his face/ spikes/ leather pants/ huge belt buckles/ basically anything he does?? unsure.gif question asked strictly for educational purposes only whistling.gif innocent.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Tammo
post May 30th 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #3

Group: Members

Yeah, so, that was my story. (yeah, you can say I'm stupid for finding him scary at first, I will shame myself in a little corner)

But now..I love him so much...in every aspect..and I want to see him sooo freaking much live...but yeah, he said it was only the beginning in Holland, till half August in America and then hopefully here..so I heard that the tour was international.. Can I hope now flowers.gif ?

--------------------
Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls
Every time that you lose it sing it for the world
Sing it from the heart, sing it 'til you're nuts
Sing it out for the ones that'll hate your guts
Sing it for the deaf, sing it for the blind
Sing about everyone that you left behind
Sing it for the world, sing it for the world
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Silvia
post May 30th 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #4

Fav. Steven Tyler

Scary??? haha.gif

I never thought the nailpolish or makeup were outrageous in any way wink.gif I never understood why they made such a big deal out of it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
glitterynfierce
post May 30th 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tammo @ May 30th 2010, 1:33 PM) *

Yeah, so, that was my story. (yeah, you can say I'm stupid for finding him scary at first, I will shame myself in a little corner)

But now..I love him so much...in every aspect..and I want to see him sooo freaking much live...but yeah, he said it was only the beginning in Holland, till half August in America and then hopefully here..so I heard that the tour was international.. Can I hope now flowers.gif ?

Out of curiosity, Tammo - do you remember the first pic you saw of Adam that frightened you?

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
carriefan06
post May 30th 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #6

welcome to all the new fams with yall telling us about the stories on how yall got introduced to adam grin.gif

--------------------
Adam Lambert Official Store
http://www.myplaydirect.com/adam-lambert/features/26888430[/url]?
Amazon - Trespassing [+digital booklet]
http://www.amazon.com/
Itunes - Trespassing (Deluxe Version)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/trespassi...?ign-mpt=uo%3D4
+Quote Post
LovelyWolf
post May 30th 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #7

and also, my post xD

QUOTE(Silvia @ May 30th 2010, 8:40 PM) *
Scary??? haha.gif

I never understood why they made such a big deal out of it.

yea, me neither. it's like saying 'gaga is alright to do it, she's a woman' and then coming and saying 'dude, that's gayfreaky' when a male does it. =\

QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ May 30th 2010, 8:44 PM) *

Out of curiosity, Tammo - do you remember the first pic you saw of Adam that frightened you?
i can tell you, i was scared too... scared of how fkcuing hawt that fierce biAtch can be... icecream.gif

--------------------
Adam Lambert: Because I will inevitably edit my posts at least once.
"Life without music would be a mistake.- Friedrich Nietzsche"
"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul."
Skank #584 | My Blog | Twitter#1 | Twitter#2
Peace, Love, Hope,
Lexxa
+Quote Post
Silvia
post May 30th 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #8

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(LovelyWolf @ May 30th 2010, 12:47 PM) *

and also, my post xD

yea, me neither. it's like saying 'gaga is alright to do it, she's a woman' and then coming and saying 'dude, that's gayfreaky' when a male does it. =\
i can tell you, i was scared too... scared of how fkcuing hawt that fierce biAtch can be... icecream.gif

Thing is, had there NOT been any male stars that have done it in the past in rock and pop, I could understand the "OMG" but there have been so many. It's not like it's never been done before.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
[Sarah]
post May 30th 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #9

Ooookay as I said in the other thread, I got into this only 2 days ago laughing.gif
I don't watch AI so the first thing I saw of him was his AMA performance. It was so funny to me that this would make such a scandal. Musically I found it rather messy and so I just didn't get the whole thing. Of course I know WWFM from radio and stuff but the sound is just too smooth for me, it's too flawless, polished, whatever you wanna call it. I guess that's just the way everything is produced these days but I don't like it.
Now for a reason unknown to me I youtubed him + "unplugged" 2 days ago, I like unplugged performances a lot. I think I saw the VH1 videos first. Yeah well and that was that. I even love his screeching and mumbling, which I absolutely despise in other performers (e.g. Christina Aguilera). All the sexual energy he shows as a stage person doesn't seem to be fake, it's just his natural way of performing, you have to love that.
His facial expressions are priceless. My favourite one is when the corners of his mouth turn slightly downwards while he's singing. Are there some good pics of this? I'd appreciate any relevant information haha.gif

This post has been edited by [Sarah]: May 30th 2010, 12:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tammo
post May 30th 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ May 30th 2010, 12:44 PM) *

Not really, I do know which one, but I don't know of I can find it _O_ (and call me Tamara! grin.gif ) and it didn't frighten me, but I was like: o_o'' ew blink.gif normally I like these kind of guys, but him (but it was a 2 second look_O_ probably if I had looked longer I wasn't like that) I can't really explain it in English, but I wasn't scared to death or something.. but more like ; Okaay..right... whatev *doesn't look further*

But opinions can change, right? now I like him, to me the guy is perfect haha.gif

This post has been edited by Tammo: May 30th 2010, 12:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
glitterynfierce
post May 30th 2010, 1:00 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Tammo @ May 30th 2010, 1:55 PM) *

Not really, I do know which one, but I don't know of I can find it _O_ (and call me Tamara! grin.gif ) and it didn't frighten me, but I was like: o_o'' ew blink.gif normally I like these kind of guys, but him (but it was a 2 second look_O_ probably if I had looked longer I wasn't like that) I can't really explain it in English, but I wasn't scared to death or something.. but more like ; Okaay..right... whatev *doesn't look further*

But opinions can change, right? now I like him, to me the guy is perfect haha.gif

All that matters now is you love him! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
Tammo
post May 30th 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(glitterynfierce @ May 30th 2010, 1:00 PM) *

All that matters now is you love him! grin.gif

I sure do! And I slap myself for my head too, for not looking at him the first time and search for him :'D But yeah, since February I ..almost listen to him alone :') Some other, but I go to bed with his cd and stand up (he is my wake up call haha.gif ) Cool, I can say I'm going to sleep with Adam Lambert haha.gif haha.gif (sorry)

--------------------
+Quote Post
MeLainii
post May 30th 2010, 1:06 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

well .. I wanted to insert my story but since u already made it original.gif ....

and what hooked me on Adam is already there, too ..

My favourite Performance is really hard to pick since I'am a huge fan of Adam's foursided Talent .. My favourite Performance of "Whataya want from me" is this one ~>

Enjoy in HD original.gif

I wanted to post a Youtube Video .. Why does it not work sad.gif

His favourite Trait .. *phew* that's a tough one .. I'd said, that he takes it all with a smile! He stand one's ground .. He believes in himself ..

His favourite Outfit .. Goooosh .. Well .. Emo-Hair, smokey eyes, Snuggle Clothes like a Sweatshirt and a Jeans .. But it could changes .. Tomorrow it could be something else x'D

This post has been edited by MeLainii: May 30th 2010, 1:07 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TimeforaMiracle
post May 30th 2010, 1:15 PM
Post #14

Kind of a long story. . . .

My mom loves watching TMZ at 6:30 every night and I always needed something to do before the Phillies games on at 7 so I got wrapped up into it too. Before the Idol finale, I heard some buzz about Adam Lambert but thought it was just the usual Idol person that gets hype who you forget about the next week (i.e. Blake Lewis). I hate American Idol and never watched it though knew enough from middle school and high school to know who was who.

I was incredibly bored during the summer before my freshman year of college. I run track and cross country for my college so besides training I had nothing to do. I am from an incredibly liberal household (and I am proud to say I am just the same way) and always had the mindset to give everything a fair shot. I decided to randomly YouTube search it and the first thing that came up was Whole Lotta Love on Idol and Cryin'. I was shocked to see those two songs performed on a show like Idol and was instantly blown away and my mother, father, girlfriend and later on sister (she moved out so it took a little later to show her the performances) were sold he was great. I ended up watching each performance and being shocked. The guy was good.

I always usually like everything music (except the Nickelback/Theory of a Deadman type fake rock and The Fray/Train/The Script/OneRepublic types) so it didn't really matter if it was different. Bought the CD, liked almost everything on it (only one I didn't like is Sure Fire Winners).

Regardless if he never sells a triple platinum CD or a diamond single, I will be a fan. I'm a bit different as I'm a straight, college-aged male but I even got my teammates to admit he's talented and even some to become fans of him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
glitterynfierce
post May 30th 2010, 1:19 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(TimeforaMiracle @ May 30th 2010, 2:15 PM) *

My mom loves watching TMZ at 6:30 every night and I always needed something to do before the Phillies games on at 7 so I got wrapped up into it too. Before the Idol finale, I heard some buzz about Adam Lambert but thought it was just the usual Idol person that gets hype who you forget about the next week (i.e. Blake Lewis). I hate American Idol and never watched it though knew enough from middle school and high school to know who was who.

I was incredibly bored during the summer before my freshman year of college. I run track and cross country for my college so besides training I had nothing to do. I am from an incredibly liberal household (and I am proud to say I am just the same way) and always had the mindset to give everything a fair shot. I decided to randomly YouTube search it and the first thing that came up was Whole Lotta Love on Idol and Cryin'. I was shocked to see those two songs performed on a show like Idol and was instantly blown away and my mother, father, girlfriend and later on sister (she moved out so it took a little later to show her the performances) were sold he was great. I ended up watching each performance and being shocked. The guy was good.

I always usually like everything music (except the Nickelback/Theory of a Deadman type fake rock and The Fray/Train/The Script/OneRepublic types) so it didn't really matter if it was different. Bought the CD, liked almost everything on it (only one I didn't like is Sure Fire Winners).

Regardless if he never sells a triple platinum CD or a diamond single, I will be a fan. I'm a bit different as I'm a straight, college-aged male but I even got my teammates to admit he's talented and even some to become fans of him.

Thanks for sharing your story! huggy.gif We need more men like you in our fanbase yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
Silvia
post May 30th 2010, 1:32 PM
Post #16

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(MeLainii @ May 30th 2010, 1:06 PM) *

well .. I wanted to insert my story but since u already made it original.gif ....

and what hooked me on Adam is already there, too ..

My favourite Performance is really hard to pick since I'am a huge fan of Adam's foursided Talent .. My favourite Performance of "Whataya want from me" is this one ~>

Enjoy in HD original.gif

I wanted to post a Youtube Video .. Why does it not work sad.gif

His favourite Trait .. *phew* that's a tough one .. I'd said, that he takes it all with a smile! He stand one's ground .. He believes in himself ..

His favourite Outfit .. Goooosh .. Well .. Emo-Hair, smokey eyes, Snuggle Clothes like a Sweatshirt and a Jeans .. But it could changes .. Tomorrow it could be something else x'D

Here's how to embed.

Let's take this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi33wHx-xBA

you take the number pi33wHx-xBA

[youtube ] pi33wHx-xBA [/youtube ] without any spaces!

This post has been edited by Silvia: May 30th 2010, 1:33 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tammo
post May 30th 2010, 1:33 PM
Post #17

So cool! It doesn't matter if you're straight or not! Fan is a fan heart.gif just like Adam says 'All we need is some love'!

--------------------
+Quote Post
MeLainii
post May 30th 2010, 1:34 PM
Post #18

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

my favourite performance of Adam for "Whataya want from me" ..

thank you silvia blushing.gif

This post has been edited by MeLainii: May 30th 2010, 1:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post May 30th 2010, 1:41 PM
Post #19

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(TimeforaMiracle @ May 30th 2010, 1:15 PM) *

You are SO RARE here and in the fandom that I'll forgive you for dissing MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM devil.gif

Welcome on board and all the other new fans flowers.gif

MeLainii, don't take the embedding option they have on YT. Just take the URL and post it the way I showed you.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BossLady
post May 30th 2010, 3:27 PM
Post #20

Fav. Lauryn Hill and IndiaArie rock

QUOTE(LovelyWolf @ May 30th 2010, 1:47 PM) *

and also, my post xD

LovelyWolf your energy is infectious! I don't know if I welcomed you before but welcome aboard!! huggy.gif

Welcome to all of the newbies! flowers.gif

QUOTE(TimeforaMiracle @ May 30th 2010, 2:15 PM) *

Wow, incredible story and quite similar to mine actually. laughing.gif
Welcome aboard and it's great to see more newbies crop up!

' date='May 30th 2010, 1:52 PM' post='22848590']
Ooookay as I said in the other thread, I got into this only 2 days ago laughing.gif
I don't watch AI so the first thing I saw of him was his AMA performance. It was so funny to me that this would make such a scandal. Musically I found it rather messy and so I just didn't get the whole thing. Of course I know WWFM from radio and stuff but the sound is just too smooth for me, it's too flawless, polished, whatever you wanna call it. I guess that's just the way everything is produced these days but I don't like it.
Now for a reason unknown to me I youtubed him + "unplugged" 2 days ago, I like unplugged performances a lot. I think I saw the VH1 videos first. Yeah well and that was that. I even love his screeching and mumbling, which I absolutely despise in other performers (e.g. Christina Aguilera). All the sexual energy he shows as a stage person doesn't seem to be fake, it's just his natural way of performing, you have to love that.
His facial expressions are priceless. My favourite one is when the corners of his mouth turn slightly downwards while he's singing. Are there some good pics of this? I'd appreciate any relevant information haha.gif

Welcome Sarah! flowers.gif I believe the AMA performance made me an even BIGGER fan. haha.gif

--------------------
To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships. -W.E.B. DuBois

Genius always finds itself a century too early. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bishop G, they told me I should come down cousin, but I flatly refuse I ain't dumb down nothing - Lupe Fiasco "Dumb It Down"

"Until all of us have made it, none of us have made it."- Dr. Rosemary Brown first black woman in Canada elected to public office
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 17th 2014, 2:39 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol