Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

50 Pages V « < 48 49 50   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lee Appearances!, TV, radio, etc.
aiOR82
post Dec 8th 2010, 7:21 PM
Post #981

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: DeAndre Brackensick

I WILL BE SEEING HIM OREGON ON MONDAY FOR CHRISTMAS SHOW FOR RADIO STATION! I CAN'T WAIT<3 santa.gif

--------------------
Zandra~

july 5- how you doin' baby-direct quote from matt giraud to me
sept 5- baby, glad your here-direct from matt giraud to me
lovin' matt giraud<3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 8th 2010, 7:21 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

aiOR82
post Dec 13th 2010, 2:39 PM
Post #982

SEEING LEE TONIGHT! EEE<3

--------------------
Zandra~

lovin' matt giraud<3
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Dec 14th 2010, 2:28 PM
Post #983

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

Hope you had fun!

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
aiOR82
post Dec 15th 2010, 2:46 PM
Post #984

he did amazing, but he didnt stay long at the xmas event! but i was able to catch before he went into backstage area and was able to give him a little xmas gift! original.gif he sang brooklyn bridge soooo amazing<3 santa.gif

--------------------
Zandra~

lovin' matt giraud<3
+Quote Post
leeyvic
post Dec 16th 2010, 7:31 PM
Post #985

inMusic chats with Lee DeWyze

inMusic chats with Lee DeWyze interview

Music editor: Catherine Main

Lee DeWyze may have had a whirlwind year winning American Idol Season 9 but based on our conversation he seems very grounded. In our chat, Lee opens up about the stigma attached to American Idol contestants, being compared to Jason Mraz and the possibility of putting out a Christmas album in the future.

inMusic: Congratulations on the new album, how did it feel to have the final product in your hands?

Lee DeWyze: It was definitely the most rewarding part of it for me, especially going through the whole process Ė itís great to finally put out some music, not just any music but stuff that I was able to write, I put a lot of myself into it, it was really cool to actually physically hold it in my hand.

iM: How did you have time to write a whole new record while you were on tour with ĎAmerican Idol Live?í

LD: It was an interesting process because youíre totally focused on one thing which is the ĎIdolí tour but at the same time I had the album in my head so whenever I could find time, I could work things out and write here or there. It was just being focused, that was the main thing, not to get sidetracked with anything else.

iM: On the album, you worked with Canadian songwriter Andy Stochansky on the song ĎBeautiful Like You,í how did that come about?

LD: Most of the writers I worked on the album I connected with through RCA Records. They looked at a lot of different writers that I would work well with and once I started writing it became a better process. I really got comfortable with certain people, so the writing just became easier that way, especially when you click with someone and you have a better understanding of where they are coming from or where I am coming from and just start comparing notes and ideas, everything worked out really well.

iM: Did you use any of the songs on the new album that you wrote prior to ĎAmerican Idol?í

LD: Yes, I did. There are a few on there that I had little ideas for like ĎA Song About Love.í Going into the studio, it was a lot easier for me, and I believe the writers and the producers I worked with because itís one thing to go into the studio and have no ideas and nothing ready to go but itís another thing when youíre very pro-active in the writing process. I know who I am as an artist and a musician so it was really easy for me to say and write the things I wanted to and they all really helped direct that.

iM: At what age did you find your musical voice or took a greater interest in a musical career?

LD: When I was 15 or 16, there was a time when I was younger and wanted to do a bunch of different things. I wanted to be a fireman at one time, but then I started playing little shows here and there, playing some cover songs and stuff that I wrote when I was younger and once I did that, I felt what it was like being up on stage in front of a lot of people and I realized that it was something that I wanted to do forever. I was doing this for years before ĎAmerican Idol.í When ĎIdolí came around I gave it a shot and I canít say that Iím upset that I did.

iM: After listening to the album, I can see why a lot of music critics are comparing you to the likes of Jason Mraz. Are you a fan of his?

LD: Iím definitely a fan of his music. I like the way that he writes. People have compared me to Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews and John Mayer. I really only see it as a compliment. I think all new artists are always compared to somebody.

iM: Who would be your dream collaboration?

LD: Dave Matthews, absolutely.

iM: Do you ever read reviews or interviews once they are posted online?

LD: It depends, I try not to worry so much about what people say because itís all subjective. For me, itís a matter of that Iím proud of what I have done and Iím happy with my album. Other peoplesí opinions obviously matter to me but at the same time, I donít want them to dictate how I feel about what I have doing or who I am. People are going to write things good and bad, I just take it with a grain of salt. I canít really look too much into that because that is when you start to get sidetracked. With me coming out with an album, Iíve heard a lot of talk that our season wasnít the best season and that the ratings were down, for me, I really donít care. I ultimately got to write a record that I was proud of, I think once the record gets out there it will really catch on. Iím excited about it.

iM: Prior to going on the show did you watch ĎAmerican Idolí to get any strategies from the other contestants?

LD: I didnít watch much American Idol before I auditioned so I didnít really know what I was getting myself into. I didnít know there were dance numbers and stuff like that. Everyone knows Iím a very, very good dancer [laugh], so obviously I found stuff like that out so I watched some shows just to get a feel for it. Once I got on the show I tried my hardest not to do what other people had done. I just wanted to go up there and do my thing. I had a really good time, Iíll always be grateful to have been one of the American Idols and have been given this opportunity but at the same time there is always a stigma attached to it. Youíre an American Idol contestant so you are supposed to get off the show and be this massive superstar but in my opinion itís not just a matter of going on the show and winning, but itís a matter of what you do after the show. Itís a process that you have to be willing to really try at, it takes a lot of work. For me thatís really my main goal, to put in the work and effort because I love music. Thatís all itís about for me, and the fans have been over the top amazing. Theyíre the best, they always come out to show their support. Itís a good feeling to know that people enjoy what Iím doing. I think all things take time and this is just one of those things.

iM: Would you ever consider going back as a mentor on future seasons?

LD: After going through the process and having mentors myself, I donít know. I think itís one of those things that I would decide if I was asked but I would definitely go back to perform on the show.

IM: What do you think of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler now on the show, how do you think it will mix things up?

LD: Absolutely, itís going to be a different show, there is no question. I think as long as they donít try to copy Simon or Kara, Paula or Ellen or anyone else, I think it will be successful . Iíd like to see their personalities, not what we have already seen.

iM: What is the main difference between living in California vs. Illinois?

LD: The main difference obviously is that my family and friends arenít around me in L.A. Other than that itís just a different feel. Chicago is a little more hustle and bustle and L.A. is more laid back. Iím an on the move kind of guy so being in L.A. might have been good a change for me for a minute just to slow things down and giving me less distractions versus Chicago where I know everybody. Itís a bit of a change for me, but everything for me is in L.A. right now but I can say that I eventually might move back to Chicago because thatís where Iím from and I love it there.

iM: What is your ultimate goal or accomplishment as an artist?

LD: The main goal for me is not going to be the same a year from now. For me right now I want to be respected and to be looked at as a real artist not just an American Idol contestant winner. Thatís why Iím having a good time right now, going out on the road and playing all these radio shows and doing the acoustic thing right now because I want people to get to see what Iím really about. My goal right now is to get people really into my music and go on tour. Goals are always changing for me. Once I knock one out, Iím on to the next goal trying to set the bar a little higher for myself.

iM: You definitely have a lot of fans on Twitter, since we announced I was interviewing you, we have been bombarded with questions. So hereís one of them, besides saying thanks, what would you like to tell your Twitter followers?

LD: Thatís a really good question, I mean they are the best, they come out to every show and we have been doing this radio promo stuff and playing, and literally itís been packed every time. Itís really cool because Iím getting new fans that way too. Iíd say, other than thank you it would be that when they send me in things, whether it be a message or pictures or stories of theirs or anything like that I definitely do read them. I donít always have a chance to respond because there are so many of them but at the same time donít think because I donít respond to you directly that I donít see it or read it. I definitely pay attention to what everyone says as far as my followers go when they send me messages. I love to hear the supportive things they say because it definitely keeps me motivated. Theyíre not just fans, they are definitely motivation for me.

iM: Is there any tour announcement coming soon?

LD: I think at the beginning of the year we will be announcing that kind of stuff and I definitely want to make my way up to Canada. I have a lot of support from Canada, from followers on Facebook and Twitter that message me from Canada so itís great to know that when I come up there, Iíll be welcomed with open arms. Iíve been there before, I really loved it there. Iím really looking forward to going back! Once that tour starts, itís going to be a good show and a fun time. I want it to be a party. The songs are fun, the energy is up, itís going to be a really good show.

iM: What are your holiday plans, will you take some time off?

LD: I am going to take some time off. Iím a bit of a holiday junkie, I really am, I love Christmas and the holidays and everything that goes with it. Iím going to spend some time with my family and friends to celebrate with them.

iM: Since youíre a self proclaimed Ďholiday junkieí, will you ever release a Christmas album?

LD: I have to say before this Christmas season came up, I never thought of it. We have recorded some Christmas songs that have been on some radio stations and things. Iíd like to use an acoustic piano and strings to record a Christmas album. I love the songs, they are just classic. If people know me they will know I like to change up songs whether it be others or my own. For me it would be a good challenge to remake some of the old classics my way. If the opportunity arises, I definitely would jump on it.

iM: Well thanks a lot for taking the time to call in today to chat with us.

LD: No problem, this was great, I would love to talk with you again soon.

http://inmusic.ca/artists/interviews/Articles/lee_dewyze

This post has been edited by leeyvic: Dec 16th 2010, 7:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
LEE DEWYZE-HALEY REINHART-ELISE TESTONE-KREE HARRISON-LAUREN JAUREGUI
+Quote Post
leeyvic
post Jan 24th 2011, 1:16 AM
Post #986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTXG19Lbw

WATCH!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 24th 2011, 1:46 AM
Post #987

QUOTE(leeyvic @ Jan 24th 2011, 1:16 AM) *

Nice video, pity it wasn't a bit clearer, still better than nothing, thanks original.gif

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
My Destiny
post Jan 24th 2011, 3:56 PM
Post #988

Fav. AI10: Team Waffle

Apparently Lee was being 'booed' while performing SS at the Bears/Packers game .. wth rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Carrie. Lauren. Kat. Pia. Kelly. Haley. Kellie. Brooke. Jordin Scotty. Lee. DavidC. Kris. Alex. CaseyA. ChrisR.
|credit: kaykaycountry|
+Quote Post
leeyvic
post Jan 24th 2011, 7:30 PM
Post #989

QUOTE(My Destiny @ Jan 25th 2011, 4:56 AM) *

Apparently Lee was being 'booed' while performing SS at the Bears/Packers game .. wth rolleyes.gif

is this true?...i know there's a video but its still not proven if they were really booing him

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tw1stedan9el
post Jan 27th 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #990

I heard the Packers were coming out of the locker room when Lee was performing, that's why there was booing? I'm not sure though.

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter.com/Priya8888
+Quote Post
leeyvic
post Jan 28th 2011, 4:16 AM
Post #991

QUOTE(tw1stedan9el @ Jan 28th 2011, 12:47 AM) *

I heard the Packers were coming out of the locker room when Lee was performing, that's why there was booing? I'm not sure though.

I GUESS fox explained it already

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

50 Pages V « < 48 49 50
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 23rd 2014, 1:39 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol