Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

41 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread, ►No Bashing of Contestants, Members, or Fanbases!
#jeah
post Apr 5th 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #741

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Getting tired of people not liking a contestant because of their ~crazy fan base.~ If you don't like a contestant, find legitimate things about them that you don't like, not their fanbase. And that's still different than thinking a contestant is "overrated," too. If I think, for example, Jessica is overrated by her fans, then I really don't see an issue with that. But if I say that I don't like her because her fans overrate her or because she has a rabid fanbase, I personally think that's a weak reason for not getting behind a contestant. It's like, why deny that someone has talent just because of their ridiculous fans? You don't have to personally like a contestant, but I think it's stupid to blame your dislike on someone based on who their fans are....and usually the fanbases that people attack have more than their fair share of decent fans, anyway... Not that this affects my life or anything, but I just had to say that. haha.gif

This post has been edited by aag1010: Apr 5th 2012, 3:48 PM

--------------------
formerly aag1010 | R.I.P. Michael Johns
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 5th 2012, 3:47 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

inverse
post Apr 5th 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #742

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 5th 2012, 3:47 PM) *

Getting tired of people not liking a contestant because of their ~crazy fan base.~ If you don't like a contestant, find legitimate things about them that you don't like, not their fanbase.

have to agree.

the "i hate this contestants because of something that has nothing to do with the music or their personality" thing is strange.

annoying people are everywhere. move on.

This post has been edited by inverse: Apr 5th 2012, 5:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
McPhever224
post Apr 5th 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #743

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI2: Carmen Rasmusen
Fav. AI7: Brooke White

QUOTE(Weedy Spyze @ Jan 29th 2012, 7:05 PM) *

Forgotten Lee already? Lucky bastard.

lmao.gif Lauren is right behind Lee for worst finalist since season 4. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: Kenzie, Jena, Jess, Kristen, Austin Emily, Briana, Sam, Briston Sig:**Ox Idol2.0**
+Quote Post
~moonflower226~
post Apr 6th 2012, 4:45 AM
Post #744

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason

- I got tired of Scotty.
- Same with Lauren, I find her overrated now. (I used to love her voice, though.)

--------------------
Set: Brandon
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BestUsernameEva
post Apr 6th 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #745

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI13: Majesty Rose

I don't care for Alexis Grace and "Dirty Diana" is really overrated. (that seems to be unpopular on here anyway laughing.gif )

--------------------
13: Majesty, Alex, Jena, Caleb, Jess
12: Angie | 11: Skylar | 10: Haley, Paul, Casey | 9: what
8: Kris, Allison, Matt, Adam | 7: David C, David A, Brooke, Jason, Carly, Michael
6: Jordin, Chris R, Blake, Gina, Phil | 5: Elliott, Taylor, Chris, Melissa, Bucky
4: Jessica, Bo, Nadia | 3: Fantasia, Diana, JPL | 2: Vanessa, Clay | 1: Kelly
+Quote Post
sublymonal
post Apr 6th 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #746

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 5th 2012, 5:47 PM) *

Getting tired of people not liking a contestant because of their ~crazy fan base.~ If you don't like a contestant, find legitimate things about them that you don't like, not their fanbase. And that's still different than thinking a contestant is "overrated," too. If I think, for example, Jessica is overrated by her fans, then I really don't see an issue with that. But if I say that I don't like her because her fans overrate her or because she has a rabid fanbase, I personally think that's a weak reason for not getting behind a contestant. It's like, why deny that someone has talent just because of their ridiculous fans? You don't have to personally like a contestant, but I think it's stupid to blame your dislike on someone based on who their fans are....and usually the fanbases that people attack have more than their fair share of decent fans, anyway... Not that this affects my life or anything, but I just had to say that. haha.gif

As someone who's love for Haley, Siobhan, Adam and now Jessica has dwindled because of this, allow me to explain.

I admit that all 4 of them are talented (and 3 of the 4 are in my Top 70 Idols list on this forum), but I have a hard time liking someone when everything they do is declared THE GREATEST THING EVER when it's not. Jessica was bland this week on Idol, and yet 90% of the people on this forum still ranked her as #1, which inevitable leaves a bad taste in the mouths of people who disagree. I get that that's just their opinion, but there is little to no objectivity in saying that every week. And the judges are just as guilty. They keep saying that everything she touches turns to gold. Have they forgotten Turn The Beat Around? Have Haley fans forgotten the first half of her run? Have Siobhan fans forgotten the second half of her run?

So yes, in some senses, I find calling someone "flawless" when they not is annoying and it creates a certain stigma around that person. It's hard to separate the two.

I mean, god knows I'm not a fan of popular people (Lee DeWyze, Danny Gokey), but I don't declare everything they do as flawless. I just say, I get that they had bad performances, but I like them. Rabid, blind fanbases are annoying. That's all.

QUOTE(Fearless @ Jan 29th 2012, 8:00 PM) *

Lauren is the worst Top 2 finalist from S4-S10. Easily.

I'd put Scotty below her. ermm.gif That whole finale was a trainwreck though.
I don't care what people say about Lee, he outperformed most people during his season. The same cannot be said for Scoren.

This post has been edited by sublymonal: Apr 6th 2012, 11:41 AM

--------------------

dwts19 janel/val lea/artem jonathan/allison alfonso/witney
i ♥ elliott rip Michael Johns ♥
my lists sytycd idol
( heckyeahkentboyd ) | SYTYCD: WTA4 Idol: Battle Royale Idol: All-Stars
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Apr 7th 2012, 3:38 AM
Post #747

It's easy. Remind yourself that if there wasn't a place to discuss opinions and all you do is hear the music, would you be a fan? I find it as an excuse to not like someone and not a very good one.

Every fan base has ppl that over rate them. Just cause some are more vocal and or more common where you frequent does nothing to negate the talent of the person that they are rating.

--------------------
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 7th 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #748

QUOTE(druth8x @ Apr 7th 2012, 4:38 AM) *

It's easy. Remind yourself that if there wasn't a place to discuss opinions and all you do is hear the music, would you be a fan? I find it as an excuse to not like someone and not a very good one.

Every fan base has ppl that over rate them. Just cause some are more vocal and or more common where you frequent does nothing to negate the talent of the person that they are rating.

+1

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 7th 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #749

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 5th 2012, 4:47 PM) *

That's the thing with Idol. Idol fans aren't just into the voices and performances. It's a lot more personal because of the nature of the show. That's why fanbases are emotionally linked to the Idol they represent. You can't isolate the Idols from their fanbases, on the boards anyway. They become one and the same. That's why so many online fans say they can't stand a contestant because of their cray cray fans.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 7th 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #750

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 7th 2012, 11:30 PM) *

That's the thing with Idol. Idol fans aren't just into the voices and performances. It's a lot more personal because of the nature of the show. That's why fanbases are emotionally linked to the Idol they represent. You can't isolate the Idols from their fanbases, on the boards anyway. They become one and the same. That's why so many online fans say they can't stand a contestant because of their cray cray fans.

I know, and I realize that that's inevitable...I just really wish people would realize that a contestant has no control over their rabid fan base, and I wish people had enough common sense to judge a singer based on their talent or even their own personality, rather than their fans. And there's nothing wrong with having issues with fan bases...for the most part I can't stand Adam's fans (obviously there's exceptions), and even as a Haley stan I totally get why people have beef with her fan base...I just wish it were possible to distinguish between the contestant and their supporters, and it becomes personally annoying to me when I see someone bash who I like just because of their fan base...that's all I was trying to say.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 7th 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #751

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 7th 2012, 11:36 PM) *

I know, and I realize that that's inevitable...I just really wish people would realize that a contestant has no control over their rabid fan base, and I wish people had enough common sense to judge a singer based on their talent or even their own personality, rather than their fans. And there's nothing wrong with having issues with fan bases...for the most part I can't stand Adam's fans (obviously there's exceptions), and even as a Haley stan I totally get why people have beef with her fan base...I just wish it were possible to distinguish between the contestant and their supporters, and it becomes personally annoying to me when I see someone bash who I like just because of their fan base...that's all I was trying to say.

yes.gif Won't happen tho. People are too personally involved. I'm guilty of the same thing. There are Idols I literally cannot stomach anymore because of their nasty rabid fans. And I can't think of them as separate from their fans either. It doesn't work. In fact, it's like the fanbase itself becomes the Idol. It's weird, but eh.

But I disagree that Idols have no control over their fanbases. They could give directives and most fans would follow. There are always exceptions of course, but they would be just that, exceptions. They wouldn't represent the whole fanbase anymore. But I think some Idols prefer their fans to stay rabid because they're more involved, and it benefits them.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Apr 8th 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #752

Based on who's left on Idol this year, I'd still say that Brielle deserved the win in my opinion.

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

Hollywood Contestants Thread
Big Brother 16: Nicole, Victoria, Donny, Hayden, Jocasta, Amber, Brittany, Paola
+Quote Post
toyall123
post Apr 8th 2012, 2:12 PM
Post #753

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

Carrie Underwood is easily one of my least favorite winners.

I loved Taylor and Lee.

Lauren Alaina was great.

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 8th 2012, 2:23 PM
Post #754

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 7th 2012, 11:55 PM) *

But I disagree that Idols have no control over their fanbases. They could give directives and most fans would follow. There are always exceptions of course, but they would be just that, exceptions. They wouldn't represent the whole fanbase anymore. But I think some Idols prefer their fans to stay rabid because they're more involved, and it benefits them.

Meh, maybe some do...but not Haley for example. She barely uses twitter at all (which is one of the main ways for someone to ignite their fanbase), and I never see her saying anything that would remotely cause fans to go rabid. So while it's true in some cases, I really can't think of a specific example of someone that you're describing. (Adam maybe? idk)

--------------------
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Apr 8th 2012, 2:50 PM
Post #755

QUOTE(toyall123 @ Apr 8th 2012, 3:12 PM) *

Carrie Underwood is easily one of my least favorite winners.

I loved Taylor and Lee.

Lauren Alaina was great.

That's super popular with me wub.gif

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

Big Brother 16: Nicole, Victoria, Donny, Hayden, Jocasta, Amber, Brittany, Paola
+Quote Post
dipz0r
post Apr 8th 2012, 6:42 PM
Post #756

QUOTE(aag1010 @ Apr 8th 2012, 4:36 AM) *

All true.
I also get annoyed by Haley's fans sometimes. It's awkward and I try to ignore those situations.

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Apr 8th 2012, 5:39 PM) *

Based on who's left on Idol this year, I'd still say that Brielle deserved the win in my opinion.

I confess I wouldn't mind that. Love her.

--------------------
Jessica, Caleb.
Majesty, MK, Briana, Emily, Brandy.
+Quote Post
hayden98
post Apr 8th 2012, 6:43 PM
Post #757

QUOTE(dipz0r @ Apr 8th 2012, 7:42 PM) *

I confess I wouldn't mind that. Love her.

Of seasons 8-now at least, I think if she made it far enough she would've been my fav idol ever. heart.gif

--------------------
RIP Simone Battle

+Quote Post
druth8x
post Apr 8th 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #758

I admit that Adam stans (post show) got to me but as the months ticked away, I went back to his music an enjoyed it again. Now, I just realize that every fan base has their crazies but that doesn't negate their talent. Sure Adam could say, and he has, to calm down on how dedicated you are...either they have listened or they cray cray have mostly moved on to someone else.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Apr 8th 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #759

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

QUOTE(hayden98 @ Apr 8th 2012, 12:39 PM) *

Would have loved that too. wub.gif

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Apr 9th 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #760

Haley's What is and What Should Never Be > Elise's Whole Lotta Love, although it's close.

--------------------
+Quote Post

41 Pages V « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 1:51 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol