Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> `~**`Adam's Pre-American Idol Thread`**~`, Life and Work before AI: Heavy dose of Talent and Fierceness!
b.jewel.d
post Apr 22nd 2010, 5:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

This thread is for celebrating the life, work, and career of Adam Lambert before American Idol for fans who love Pre-Idol Adam and for the new fans just discovering the awesomeness that is Adam. I saw someone still asking about the preIdol performances so this thread is a quick AdamLambert101. Post any PreIdol pic/interviews/etc.

A Full List of All downloads and links can be found in Madam's Treasure Chest of links:
http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=...;#entry21400712

A Quick Must See for Newbies (in no particular order):

Adam at High School Graduation:

Adam at age 22 singing Brigadoon (not a recording, but a Live performance):

Adam in his Fierce Debut at the Zodiac Show singing A Change is gonna Come:

Adam at his Most Fierce! Singing Crawl Through Fire at the Zodiac Show. Must see to understand the "Flames Coming Out of my freaking Head" joke:

Adam in the SEXY Art4Life performance singing Crazy:

The infamous ":38 second video": Caution-may cause sweating, palpitations (The Citizen Vein era : Adam's rock band with Monte Pittman, his present guitarist)

Adam with Val Kilmer in the Ten Commandments: Amazing singing!

Adam at the Upright Cabaret singing Come Home (one example out of many):

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 24th 2010, 4:38 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 22nd 2010, 5:36 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

JHS
post Apr 22nd 2010, 7:39 PM
Post #2

Group: NX Subscribers

Wow, B.Jewel.D, what a great idea. I've seen all of these since I've been hanging around forever, but is it possible to watch too much pre-Idol Adam? Nooooooooo! So I'll take another look. Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mima
post Apr 22nd 2010, 7:42 PM
Post #3

Found a bit of info about his cruise ship days.
This is just a info but I don't know where to post, so this thread may fit most.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/mu...2/13681336.html

Still, in a strange twist, Woodley actually worked alongside American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert a decade ago.

“He was going to be one of Barbara Walters’ 12 Most Fascinating People of 2009, and I was like, ‘Oh s--t, I worked with that guy on a cruise ship, like, 10 years ago.’ He was my next-door neighbour on the A-deck. He was the singer in the cheesy musical and I was taking care of kids in a youth program, doing summer jobs.”

Oh, how things have changed.

According to the Toronto Sun, Woodley is a "singer-guitarist Warren Spicer" and a member of "Montreal indie pop-rock trio Plants and Animals".

I made a mistake, Woodley is a drummer Matthew (Woody or The Woodman) Woodley, haven't read the article correctly.

This post has been edited by mima: Apr 22nd 2010, 8:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
glitterynfierce
post Apr 22nd 2010, 7:46 PM
Post #4

BJ, this is a great idea! His pre-idol work is what made me fall madly in love with the man wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy by Debbie9
+Quote Post
Sagitarius
post Apr 22nd 2010, 8:12 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(mima @ Apr 22nd 2010, 7:42 PM) *

Found a bit of info about his cruise ship days.
This is just a info but I don't know where to post, so this thread may fit most.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/mu...2/13681336.html
According to the Toronto Sun, Woodley is a "singer-guitarist Warren Spicer" and a member of "Montreal indie pop-rock trio Plants and Animals".

There's a picture of Adam in New York days before 9/11 with the towers in the background. I'm at work but will check my home stash later and add it in.

This thread is a great idea!

--------------------
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 22nd 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #6

Thanks guys!

Yeah PreIdol Adam is just mind blowing and I'm sure with the upcoming Tour, there will be lots of new and international fans that will come here, hopefully!

We need to get them caught up in the fabulosity!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 22nd 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #7

Thanks Mima! I didn't remember that article shocked.gif

Adam on Stage:

Adam singing Jesus Christ Superstar "Heaven on Their Minds" : INTENSE!

Adam with Val Kilmer singing Into The Deep in the Ten Commandments. AMAZING Vocals especially at the End!

A Little Cute Clip of Adam with Fans during his Wicked Era:

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 24th 2010, 4:37 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Apr 22nd 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

Thanks for this thread! original.gif
I love all the preidol stuff

Adam Lambert at the Meg'an Sho' Show
Cinco De Mayo @ The Upright Cabaret
May 5, 2008

flowers.gif

This post has been edited by Screengems: Apr 22nd 2010, 11:38 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Glambvis
post Apr 22nd 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #9

For a nice look at Adams career so far take a look here as well. Although it's not the best on the WWW by far I can tell you that it's been a labour of love flowers.gif

Good idea you had there b.jewel.d. I just wish I could get my hands on Adam Official because that's where this kind of stuff belongs

http://alambertglamrockgod.forumotion.com/forum.htm

This post has been edited by Glambvis: Apr 22nd 2010, 11:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 23rd 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #10

We need some PreIdol Pics In Here as Well! A Feast for the Eyes! shocked.gif

Adam with Red Hair:

IPB Image

Adam with Blond Hair posing with Scarlett Cherry from the Zodiac Show:

IPB Image

Adam like a CK Model: w00t.gif

IPB Image

More to Come!

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 23rd 2010, 12:03 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
adamsdorado
post Apr 23rd 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #11

w00t.gif wow thanks for the thread w00t.gif

--------------------
“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
Judy Garland
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 23rd 2010, 4:55 AM
Post #12

Adam in Trance/Electronica/Dance genre:

"Oh My Ra" with DJ Fonzerelli (one of my fav trance songs. fyi: Ra is the Egyptian God of the Sun):

"Pop Goes the Camera" by Adam, remixed by Fonzerelli (awesome remix! The lyrics are very prophetic except he's more than 15 mins of fame!)

"Kiss And Tell" by Adam, remixed by Fonzerelli

"Kiss And Tell" - Of course the sexy performance with the tight spandex has to be included!! (the audio was dubbed over the video)

"Gigalo" with DJ Fonzerelli:

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 24th 2010, 4:35 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hand
post Apr 23rd 2010, 5:28 AM
Post #13

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. CI3: Josh Palmer
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD8: Sasha Mallory

This could be one of my favorite threads heart.gif and it is so needed as Adam gets more fans every day, fans that has seen zero American Idol episodes.

I have to add one of my latest favorites too. original.gif probably my favorite Citizen Vein track. His voice is a perfect fit for powerful melody of this song.

And anything from Upright Cabaret is a must. heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
cb3414
post Apr 23rd 2010, 5:30 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

this is the coolest thread grin.gif

--------------------
[/img]
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 24th 2010, 4:31 AM
Post #15

Hand, that was awesome! Love that song also, so haunting shocked.gif. And along the vein of Citizen vein... grin.gif
Glambvis- nice! yeah, i don't know why AO doesn't have a section...

Adam in Rock genre with Citizen Vein:

IPB Image

'Bad Reputation", "Turning On", "Beyond the Sky"

"Chalice" (Full version) - AWESOME SONG! devil.gif

"Chalice" (had to include the :38 sec video haha.gif)

"By The Moon" - Great song!

"The Circle"

"Rough Trade"

"Quiet Desperation"

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 24th 2010, 5:02 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 24th 2010, 4:43 AM
Post #16

From AO:

Monte speaks to Ultimate Guitar about the formation of Citizen Vein:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/...d_zeppelin.html

Could you talk me through the formation of The Citizen Vein?

I wanted to start a rock band in Southern California. You could be playing all over the place, and be playing every week. You should be able to live off of that technically. You can go from San Diego to Las Vegas; you can drive, play, have a really good band, and have a big following, especially if you get together a supergroup. That's why I wanted to make a supergroup of superstars from local groups, so I used to play these local shows in LA. With The Zodiac Show, you play on the first Saturday of every month. One month would be David Bowie, another would be Prince, and so on. Everybody dresses up like some part of that musician's career, and plays David Bowie songs or whatever. You have different singers for every song, and some of these singers are some of the best singers that I've ever heard. I said to a friend "Look, I wanna start a rock band. Who's the best singer in LA you know of that I can start a band with?". He said "You gotta try Adam - you two guys would be perfect".

I looked around and tried to find him, but I didn't have any luck. I was then doing a Zodiac performance, and Lee Cherry - who puts on The Zodiac Show - knew that I wanted to meet up with Adam. He had Adam come in to do a song, and when Adam came in for a soundcheck rehearsal, his voice just filled the room. I just thought "Wow". Then afterwards, we talked. I said "You're really good. I think you're the guy that everybody is telling me about". He replied "Oh yeah? I think you're the guy that everybody is telling me about who wants to start a band", and said "I wanna start a band". We just started writing. Tommy Victor, who plays guitar and sings in Prong, was looking for a bassist at the time, and we made a deal. He said "Look, I'll play bass for your band if you'll play bass for my band", so that's how that happened. That led to me doing Prong's 'Power of the Damager' album, which is now looked at as being one of the best Prong albums. We then got Steve Sidelnyk, Madonna's drummer who's now with Seal, to play drums.

Because we all had gigs with other bands, it was hard to get everybody together to play a show. What I would do is write a song, and send it to Adam. Adam would put vocals on it, and then we would all send the song to each other. Everybody would learn it, and we'd maybe do one rehearsal where we just ran through the songs. We'd then get shows booked and just play the shows. Everybody was good enough where they could just come in and do the show, and it didn't have to be perfect because whatever we did, we got around it. We tried, tried and tried - we tried to do something with it. Even with having connections, it's still hard. Adam was also in 'Wicked', the musical production / theatre play, and then Adam said he was gonna go on 'American Idol'. I remember saying to him "Go on 'American Idol'", and I know a lot of his friends were telling him that too. He eventually decided he was gonna go after he went to the Burning Man festival in Nevada (laughs). And so he went. We all knew, all his friends knew, that once he went on that show, that would be it. Now he's a superstar. We just played in Singapore last week, and Sony presented him with a Gold plaque, a Gold record. Also, I've put out my own album, an acoustic album called 'The Deepest Dark'. Instead of releasing it through a record label, I put it out myself on CD Baby and iTunes. I'm my own boss. 'The Deepest Dark' is already better than any album I've ever worked on, and is the greatest thing I've ever been involved in. I did an acoustic album because with The Citizen Vein, we'd have to call around everybody, and by the time everyone got back to one another, the venue had already filled that spot. I'd write stuff, and Tommy would go out with Prong sometimes with and sometimes without me - he also plays with Danzig, and played with Ministry. Adam would then have to go away for a few weeks to appear in 'Wicked' in another city, so I thought "I'm gonna go back to the whole reason why I wanted to start a band". I decided to make the first album acoustic because it's just me (laughs). I don't have to call anybody else to do a gig, and that's turning out to be really beneficial.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BossLady
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #17

Fav. Lauryn Hill and IndiaArie rock

It's so very hard to choose a favorite pre-Idol performance, but thus far my favorite is his version of "Why dont you call me anymore." He sang the CRAP out of that song.

--------------------
To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships. -W.E.B. DuBois

Genius always finds itself a century too early. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bishop G, they told me I should come down cousin, but I flatly refuse I ain't dumb down nothing - Lupe Fiasco "Dumb It Down"

"Until all of us have made it, none of us have made it."- Dr. Rosemary Brown first black woman in Canada elected to public office
+Quote Post
b.jewel.d
post Apr 25th 2010, 1:07 AM
Post #18

Bosslady - oh yeah! Totally amazing, his Upright Stuff.... wub.gif

Adam at Upright Cabaret: - Adam honing his intimate performances, absolutely brilliant Must sees!

"Dust In The Wind" - amazing vocals....

"Kiss From A Rose"

"What's Going On" - Love it!

"I can't Make You Love Me" - So sad.....talking about unrequited love

"Come Home"

"How Come You Don't Call Me" - Adam sitting on the piano!

"Crazy" - another version

"Crazy" - Funny version "I'm gonna club you over the head with my microphone!" and singing in Low Range.

"Gotta Get Through This"

This post has been edited by b.jewel.d: Apr 25th 2010, 1:37 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JHS
post Apr 25th 2010, 8:27 AM
Post #19

Group: NX Subscribers

OMG! There are several songs here that I've never heard Adam singing! I'm going to have me a lovely Sunday listening through these! Thanks so much for starting this thread, B.Jewel.D! Newbie *and* established fans (I carefully avoided calling us Oldies!) are going to love this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
christyh3
post Apr 25th 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #20

Here is one of my favorites- crazy-- forget-the-words- shoe throwing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC3-ZYtgZKU

And from Wicked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHVskxMEuiw...feature=related

This post has been edited by christyh3: Apr 25th 2010, 11:16 AM

--------------------
Glambert # 1385

WOW # 5831

MAC
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 19th 2014, 12:49 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol