Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

22 Pages V « < 20 21 22   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Top 7 Discussion Thread, Can't wait! Vote!
gem779
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #421

Group: Members

Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(magicmusic @ Apr 25th 2010, 1:14 AM) *

To me, it looked like he had a script to read from and he just wanted to get through it ASAP noexpression.gif

QUOTE(Auroraboreless @ Apr 25th 2010, 1:15 AM) *

Yep! My thoughts exactly.

x2

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:20 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Auroraboreless
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #422

Here is the link (don't know how to post videos):

Siobhan Magnus When you believe

Yes, Simon and Randy were definitely nodding. And it seems that Ellen is the only one who is genuinely honest, she was short but sweet with her opinion. And what's with Kara's "I don't know who you are" crap? bloated.gif What does it MEAN?

--------------------
+Quote Post
seaerin
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #423

QUOTE(Auroraboreless @ Apr 25th 2010, 1:27 AM) *

Yes, Simon and Randy were definitely nodding. And it seems that Ellen is the only one who is genuinely honest, she was short but sweet with her opinion. And what's with Kara's "I don't know who you are" crap? bloated.gif What does it MEAN?

In Kara defense, Siobhan had previously admitted she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Maybe that's what Kara meant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Auroraboreless
post Apr 25th 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #424

QUOTE(seaerin @ Apr 25th 2010, 1:32 AM) *

In Kara defense, Siobhan had previously admitted she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Maybe that's what Kara meant.

No, I think it's just her standard phrase when she doesn't know what else to say. And I'm sick and tired of it too. Where did they even get it? I don't remember hearing it 2 years ago and now even Justin Bieber talks about Usher forming him "as an artist" wacko.gif I suppose it's a "cool" thing to say nowadays.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Will Manning
post Apr 25th 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #425

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Idol: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(magicmusic @ Apr 25th 2010, 12:14 AM) *

To me, it looked like he had a script to read from and he just wanted to get through it ASAP noexpression.gif

QUOTE(Auroraboreless @ Apr 25th 2010, 12:15 AM) *

Yep! My thoughts exactly.

Mine too.

And Kara is always confused. They even made a joke on IGB with it. When they where judging the judges.

This post has been edited by Will Manning: Apr 25th 2010, 11:57 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Signature by Tusk
+Quote Post
HotStuff
post Apr 25th 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #426

Fav. AI8: Allison/Adam

QUOTE(Auroraboreless @ Apr 25th 2010, 1:27 AM) *

The judges are just reading a script and I just don't know what they want from SIobhan.
She sang that song note-perfect! I was worried that she was not going to pull it off but she DID!! I do agree that maybe the song choice was not the best but what else could she pick during inspirational week? How is she really supposed to show who she is as an artist with this lame themes?
Kara bugs me so much!! She said the you confuse me comments to Adam last year too and now to Siobhan. What confuses her? She still doesn't know who SIobhan is as an artist? What is she talking about? Kara needs to go to a mental facility and never come back to the real world again!!!

--------------------
"I'm not defeated" - Siobhan Magnus
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Feb 3rd 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #427

They played "When You Believe" over the end one of the "departing deluded auditioner" scenes tonight, from the LA auditions. I only caught a little bit of it, but what I heard was beautiful and sounded like it might have been Siobhan's version. (?)

If so, it's well and good that AI recognizes (after the fact) Sio's recording as a great performance, but it's a cheesy use for it and I doubt she'd be happy to overdub a "let's laugh at a bad auditioner" moment. If it was Siobhan's version, I hope they don't use it that way again.

(I was out of the room for most of it, so if I heard that wrong tonight, somebody correct me.)

This post has been edited by blacklightposter: Feb 3rd 2011, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tichwow
post Feb 3rd 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #428

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin

QUOTE(blacklightposter @ Feb 3rd 2011, 11:09 PM) *

They played "When You Believe" over the end one of the "departing deluded auditioner" scenes tonight, from the LA auditions. I only caught a little bit of it, but what I heard was beautiful and sounded like it might have been Siobhan's version. (?)

If so, it's well and good that AI recognizes (after the fact) Sio's recording as a great performance, but it's a cheesy use for it and I doubt she'd be happy to overdub a "let's laugh at a bad auditioner" moment. If it was Siobhan's version, I hope they don't use it that way again.

(I was out of the room for most of it, so if I heard that wrong tonight, somebody correct me.)

No it wasn't.

I've actually never heard that version of When You Believe they used.

This post has been edited by Tichwow: Feb 3rd 2011, 11:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
IhateInternet
post Feb 4th 2011, 5:57 AM
Post #429

Sorry but If you're really a Siobhan's fan you must know that's not her voice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Feb 4th 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #430

QUOTE(IhateInternet @ Feb 4th 2011, 5:57 AM) *

Sorry but If you're really a Siobhan's fan you must know that's not her voice.

Oh no, that's terrible news. shocked.gif A year in, and still not really a Siobhan fan. Dammit!

I barely heard it, and inspirational music ain't much to my tastes, which run more towards the storm-the-bastille, tear-down-the-walls, expose-and-topple-the-evil-bastards genres; most "inspirational music" I find saccharine and fraudulent. Before Sio sang it for that theme night, I don't recall ever having heard When You Believe.

AI's improved this year but they still have too much of the "send in and mock the clowns" stuff in the audition shows. I wish they'd eliminate that crap entirely; in 2010 I took a pass on all of the audition shows.

I'm glad I was wrong and they didn't use Siobhan's beautiful recording to mock some poor sap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jackxyz
post Feb 7th 2011, 5:07 PM
Post #431

Fans of Siobhan might enjoy the video "Across The Universe" up on the front page of her chosen fan site siofan

It might not be there long...

--------------------
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Feb 7th 2011, 5:24 PM
Post #432

QUOTE(jackxyz @ Feb 7th 2011, 5:07 PM) *

It might not be there long...

Exactly my concern about a lot of stuff we've enjoyed to date. Including your mash-up pics. Is your motivation to make them going to remain what it is, if (1) you're not 100% sure ahead of time that all of the individual pics used will be all be approved, (2) you've got to put it in a submissions queue and wait til Tony gets to it, and (3) you have no way of knowing if your end product will make the cut and ever be seen? Two weeks ago you had a guaranteed audience. Now that guarantee is gone. Let's see what that change does to your pace of creating Sio-art.

Also, now who exactly is going to make these "authorized" videos of her play dates, with sound quality that satisfies Tony?

This belongs on the other thread, of course (and I may paste it there), but I believe that at a minimum you folks -- all of your members -- should have required and gotten a very specific description of what's going to happen regarding pics and vids, before ever agreeing to give control of the place away.

--------------------
+Quote Post
blacklightposter
post Feb 7th 2011, 5:56 PM
Post #433

Argh.

Warning, everyone:

When Brian shows back up using a new nic like he did today, apparently he's banned here (as well as at siofan). Sooner or later a mod will come around and delete all of his posts under his new nic.

The warning is, DO NOT reply to any posts of Brian's (or anybody's who was banned under a prior nic, I imagine) so as to include quotes of his within posts of yours.

Because if you do, the mod will throw out your entire post, too. Poof, whole post gone like it never existed.

I lost at least 2... maybe 3... posts this way in the last hour. pinch.gif

So now I know better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Telement
post Feb 9th 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #434

Brian was here? haha.gif

Anyway, i think the mod mentioned this before: Do not reply to trolls and just click "report" immediately.
But that was a looong time ago...

--------------

Wow...they have extended the rule beyond Siofan! Any members of the fansite found posting anything from LV EP anywhere on the internet will be banned! wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Feb 9th 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #435

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

crying.gif

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 20 21 22
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 1st 2014, 6:15 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol