Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Putting it Out There in the Universe!, because he deserves it.....
AniMaL
post Feb 13th 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #161

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

IPB Image
IPB Image

--------------------
∞ Musica Delenit Bestiam Feram ∞
IPB Image
"The only lifestyle I am promoting is a lifestyle of love and friendship, music, joy and fashion."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 13th 2011, 10:13 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

AniMaL
post Feb 14th 2011, 7:00 PM
Post #162

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
"The only lifestyle I am promoting is a lifestyle of love and friendship, music, joy and fashion."
+Quote Post
raleighfan
post Apr 16th 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #163

This was on Cheeks' site. http://weyume.com/ heart.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by raleighfan: Apr 16th 2011, 1:07 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AniMaL
post Apr 20th 2011, 5:51 PM
Post #164

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sunrise123
post May 1st 2011, 3:49 PM
Post #165

QUOTE(baragon @ Apr 11th 2010, 8:24 AM) *

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

I so truly believe this.................

Am not sure if I have missed posts about the devastation caused by the storms and tornadoes in the US............... and feel so un-empowered to do absolutely anything about it, because am not a religious person to send prayers , haven't got any money and personally do not think that my thoughts will make the slightest difference to anyone that has been affected.

However just wanted to agree with Baragon that when we all try to do just that little to live as good people ( and goodness knows I need to try so, so, so much harder!!!), we make the world a happier place.

heart.gif
especially to all our NZ , Qld, Japanese and US friends who have been affected recently -
and to all the fabby people who contributed to Adam's birthday Water gift.
heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AniMaL
post Nov 20th 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #166

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
flaminga
post Nov 20th 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #167

Lots of quote gathered on AO already...a truly beautiful thread.
http://www.adamofficial.com/us/node/2020699

From TorontoGlambert:
"Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love." ~ Adam Lambert

From 2prissy4u:
"Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. ~Clint Eastwood

From Flaminga:
"You cannot hate other people without hating yourself.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

"Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat." ~ Henry Emerson Fosdick

From Ahhh:
RT @DeepakChopra "The worst thing you can say about another contains some truth about yourself."

"Seems like the people who argue loudest that God is infallible and unquestionable are the ones who most object to the way He created us." ~ Brad Walsh

From Lilly:
"Jealously is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius" ~ Fulton Sheen

"Those who danced were thought quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." ~ Angela Monet

" I never engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed, it's not fair to them, and no challenge for me." ~ Unknown

From CuseGirl:
"A miserable heart means a miserable life. A cheerful heart fills the day with song...."

"In order to be irreplaceable you must be different." ~ Coco Chanel

From Judy:
"Speech is the mirror of the soul: as a man speaks, so he is."

"Loving-kindness and compassion are the basis for wise, powerful, sometimes gentle, and sometimes fierce actions that can really make a difference -- in our own lives and those of others." ~ Sharon Salzberg

“You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.” ~ Pearl S. Buck

"Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right; decide on what you think is right and stick to it." ~ George Eliot

"One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others,by means of love,friendship,indignation and compassion." ~ Simone De Beauvoir

From BonBon:
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." ~ Albert Einstein

From Shelnick:
"The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less." ~ Eldridge Cleaver, Soul on Ice, 1968"

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." ~ Jonathan Swift

From Debbielynn:
"Always remember others may hate you
But those who hate you don't win
Unless you hate them and then you destroy yourself."
~Richard Milhouse Nixon

From Asiladam:
"Love is a given, hatred is acquired." ~ Doug Horton

"The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference." ~ Elie Wiesel

From INCREDIBLEADAM:
"Hatred and anger are powerless when met with kindness." ~ Malcolm X

From WhisperNGlitter:
"Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong." ~ Leo Buscaglia

From just a fan:
"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated." ~ Coretta Scott King
"In time we hate that which we often fear." ~ William Shakespeare

From Adamazing-Eyes:

"If I diminish you, I diminish myself."

"..those who seek to destroy and dehumanize are also victims - victims, usually, of a pervading ethos, be it a political ideology, an economic system, or a distorted religious conviction. Consequently, they are as much dehumanized as those on whom they trample."

"Ubuntu" ~ Reverened Desmond Tutu

"To the degree that I harm my brother, no matter what he is doing to me, to that extent I am harming myself."

"Hate has no place in the house of God. No one should be excluded from our love, our compassion or our concern because of race or gender, faith or ethnicity -- or because of their sexual orientation." ~ Archbishop Tutu

"We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King

"You know that when you hate it is because you love someone to a point of passion that unhinges your soul." ~ paraphrased from Julie de Lespinasse

"Whenever you have a truth it must be delivered with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected." ~ Mahatma Gandi

"Have the courage to say no.
Have the courage to face the truth.
Do the right thing because it is right.
These are the magic keys to living
your life with integrity.
Stay true to your values.
Speak up and act on what you know is right."

From lapislazuli:
"Differences challenge assumptions." ~ Anne Wilson Schaef

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it, seems to me the deepest root of all that is evil in the world." ~ Nobel Prize winning physicist Max Born

From farmboyWI:

"You don't build yourself up by putting someone else down." ~ MItch Mitchel

"When you throw dirt, you lose ground." ~ old farmer's proverb

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but have not love, I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."

"Love will never come to an end." ~ from the Bible, 1Corinthians 13:1-8.

"No matter how much money, fame, and fortune you have, it doesn't mean sh** if it's not connected with love." ~ Adam Lambert

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." ~ Mark Twain

"How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around?" ~ MN Representative Steve Simon

"I always distrust people who know so much about what God wants them to do to their fellows."

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, pity those that live without love...
(not an exact quote) ~ Prof. Dumbledore to Harry Potter

"You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be?
YOU'RE FROZEN, WHEN YOUR HEART'S NOT OPEN.
You're so consumed with how much you get
You waste your time with hate and regret
YOU'RE BROKEN, WHEN YOUR HEART'S NOT OPEN."
- lyrics from Madonna's "Frozen"

"Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed." ~ wisdom from a fortune cookie (takeout from China Palace).

From Nanaofliu:
"God hates hate more." ~ Adam Lambert

From KChapman010488:

"Love means nothing if you can't accept someone for their core values." -Katie Chapman

"Love being different, embrace it, share it, live it because being different is not a curse but a gift we all posses that defines who we are and makes the world a better place." - Katie Chapman

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi

"You know what, I have nothing to hide, I am who I am and this is about singing, nothing else." - Adam Lambert

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone." - Unknown

"Look to be treated by others as you have treated others." - Publius Syrus

"We hold these truths to be self evident that all men where created equal." U.S. Declaration of Independance

"It requires less character to discover the faults of others than is does to tolerate them." - J. Petit Senn

"A loving heart is the truest wisdom." Charles Dickens

"The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it." Plutarch

"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly." - Isaac Asimov

"A gentleman can withstand hardships; it is only the small man who, when submitted to them, is swept off his feet." - Confucius

"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them." - Washington Irving

From KALINKA83:
“It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you are not.”

From agayfan:
“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” ~ Herman Hesse

From janantemaria:
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ~ Mother Teresa

Golden Rules to Live by, courtesy of perfectway76:

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.
What goes around comes around. And spread love & positivity!

Martin Luther King, Jr quotes From pamcake2:
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

"Hate destroys the hater."

“Deep-rooted insecurities can make a person think and behave despicably." (half made up)

From ALFann:

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~Elbert Hubbard

"Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity" ~ Colin Powell

"Better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~ Andre Gide

"I don't know the secret to success but the secret to failure is trying to make everyone happy." ~ Adam Lambert

"Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

From Weezle:
"After a person makes his mark in the world, a lot of people will come around with erasers."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ame
post Nov 20th 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #168

This is such a beautiful one. I found it few hours ago while I was browsing through Adam's fansites.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Jimmy Hendrix

and one more
''If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.''
Zig Ziglar

This post has been edited by Ame: Nov 20th 2011, 11:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 20th 2011, 2:47 PM
Post #169

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Ame @ Nov 20th 2011, 11:30 AM) *

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Jimmy Hendrix

That was on the AI.com website, as his fave quote!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Ame
post Nov 20th 2011, 2:51 PM
Post #170

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Nov 20th 2011, 2:47 PM) *

That was on the AI.com website, as his fave quote!

Really? My stupidity showed again sad.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by Ame: Nov 20th 2011, 2:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 20th 2011, 2:56 PM
Post #171

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Ame @ Nov 20th 2011, 2:51 PM) *

Really? My stupidity showed again sad.gif sad.gif

PSH. You're not stupid. huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
adamsdorado
post Feb 15th 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #172

grin.gif

--------------------
“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
Judy Garland
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 18th 2014, 5:23 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol