Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

163 Pages V « < 155 156 157 158 159 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interviews and articles, Casey Related
Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:20 PM
Post #3121

Group: Members

US99.5 Chicago Ģ @US99Chicago :
Idol Alum @CaseyEJames' self titled debut album is out today! Here's some video goodness to get you better acquainted: http://ow.ly/9LYlr

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:20 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #3122

Instead of rushing to put out an album right after his Top 3 finish on Season 9 of American Idol, Casey James decided to slow things down and take his time. The result is a project that Casey and his growing number of fans can be proud of. Caseyís self-titled debut album features nine songs co-written by the singer-songwriter, including his chart-climbing single ďLetís Donít Call It a Night.Ē In addition, Casey took on a co-producing role Ė a rarity for new artists.

Prior to the release of his album, we got a chance to catch up with the Idol alum to talk about the joys of growing up in a musical family, overcoming the odds and, of course, his new music.

Well, letís talk about your debut single ďLetís Donít Call It a Night.Ē What was your inspiration behind that particular song?

Well, me and Terry McBride and Brice Long got in a room and we just sat down and we had a lick on the guitar and one of the guys said, "Thatís a sexy lick. Letís write something that goes with that." We just got to talking and said, "Whatís one of those things that happen when you see somebody, you see a woman, and you just donít want that night to end?" And, we just kind of wrote it out and it just kind of fell out of us. I just love the song.

I love your voice on the song. It kind of has this raspy, rock, R&B-ish sound to it. Where does that come from?

I guess all my influences combined give me this style that Iíve got. Iím glad you liked it. [laughs] I donít know. Iíve never been the type to just put a certain thought into music. It just comes out of me in the way that it comes out. Thatís lead me, I guess, to kind of have an original sound. Iím thankful for that Ďcause its an important piece of who I am musically.

Your whole family is pretty much musical. What was it like growing up surrounded by that?

I sang before I talked and that was probably because my dad sang to me before I was born. My mom and dad both sing. My whole family actually sings and plays all better than I am.

Growing up it was just a big part of my life. I sang at Christmas time with my mom singing all the Christmas songs Ė "Silent Night" and "Away in a Manger" Ė and then growing up I always sang in the church. We sang Gospel songs. Anytime the family gets together we always do music. Itís just what we do. There [are] a lot of people out there who understand that and know it. It was cool when we got together and I got to bring a friend along. They would just sit there, slack-jawed, mouth wide open, just watching us play and sing because itís really like a show. Itís kind of amazing.Ē

Itís really great when you get to witness that especially if youíre not a musical person. It can really blow your mind.

Yeah. Itís a cool thing because like I said everybody is great. Theyíre just amazing. We sing harmony and do different songs. And, somebody will come up with a new one and weíll all jump in like we know it. Itís just kind of a fun thing. I guess really thatís where a lot of my ability to do that comes from. I kind of pride myself on being able to make things sound better and even if that means me not doing something [laughs] more than doing it. I guess thatís where I got it from.

You experienced a life-threatening motorcycle accident when you were 21. How did that change you and your approach to life?

I think anytime somebody has a life or death experience, it changes them generally for the better and in my experience it definitely did for me. Iím not an exception to that. When you think that itís over and then you get another chance, you just donít want to waste it and you donít want to disrespect itÖ I want to be a good person and I want to bring good things into the world and have happiness and joy, kindness and treat people like I want to be treated Ė thatís really important to me, more so since my accident than ever.

I try to keep that mindset to take nothing for granted Ė the ability to walk, to speak or move or to be healthy or to have even just another day Ďcause we never know when thatís gonna end. We have to do the best with it and enjoy it and experience it and live in the moment and all of those things. I know Iím going on and on, but I feel really strongly about it. You know, I think that sometimes you can lose that if you donítÖ I know that I was taking things for granted before the wreck and I try not to now.

Obviously, a lot of people came to know you as a part of the 9th season of American Idol. That had to be nerve-wracking to go through that process.

Believe it or not, it was not nerve-wracking for me at all especially in the beginning. I really thought I was just gonna go out there and it was gonna be, "Thanks for coming out. Have a great day." So, I just went out there and ripped it up and sang. I actually only sang for just a few seconds and I just stopped and was like "Heíll either know or he wonít know" and he let me through. I was really shocked.

I just kept going and thinking, "Theyíll kick me out this round. [laughs] Theyíll kick me out this round," and I just kept going. [laughs] I made it about a 100-thousand people farther than I thought I would. [laughs]Ē

After your run on Idol, you moved to Nashville. Had you been here before?

Iíd been through here but I had never stayed for any length of time.

What were your first impressions?

Thereís a ton of things that connect Tennessee to Texas. I come from right outside of Fort Worth, actually I guess Fort Worth proper these days, but moving out here was just kind of like changing locations not really to the extent that you would think because so many of the people are from other parts of the country. Everybody kind of has the same attitude. Itís very much a bunch of kind people. Everybody is happy to meet you and you can just sit and talk to a complete stranger on the sidewalk for 15 minutes about the weather and I love that. And, thatís kind of [like] where I come from, so in that [respect] there really hasnít been a lot of change.

Last year, you had the opportunity to tour with Sugarland. Did you get a chance to get to know them well?

Yeah, Kristian [Bush] more so than Jennifer [Nettles] just because I got to write with him and weíve spent more time together, but everybody was so great on the tour. Working with Sugarland was unbelievable, just all the way around the board. Theyíve got great crowds and my fans got a chance to come see me and everybody got a chance to hear the new material. And, people who have no idea who I am got a chance to hear me which is kind of the goal in terms of making new fans. The whole process was just a blessing.

For those who didnít get to see you live, what can people expect from your debut album?

Itís not an album thatís straight down the middle of any road. I try to take a lot of different influences and put them into what I do. It just kind of happens naturally because I do love blues and country music and rock and bluegrass and soul and R&B and all those things and they just kind of come out of me. So, I think you can expect to hear quite a few different influences on the recordÖand thatís the one thing that I can pretty much guarantee.

http://americancountrycountdown.com/Articl...17786&spid=

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #3123

WDRM Interview:

http://www.wdrm.com/player/?mid=21922900
http://www.wdrm.com/player/?mid=21922911

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #3124

Casey James' Dreams Come True

"People talk about having videos and stuff like that, and I honestly never thought it would happen," marveled Casey James, the American Idol finalist whose self-titled debut was released Tuesday (March 20). "I just kind of crossed my fingers that [the video] would be on TV at some point."

That video, "Let's Don't Call It a Night," is now playing on CMT, while the song itself is steadily climbing up the country songs chart. After 11 years of work, everything seems to be coming together for the tall Texas native, and he couldn't be happier.

His album arrives two years after his time on the hit talent show, so he was initially worried fans might have forgotten him. The single's success seems to say that they haven't, though, and James is ready to jump into the spotlight. Fans will get a close look at him as a songwriter since he co-wrote nine of the album's 11 tracks with elite members of Nashville's songwriting community like Dallas Davidson, the Warren Brothers, David Lee Murphy and Scooter Carusoe.

James recently stopped by CMT's offices to celebrate his first music video and hit song. He also talked about lessons learned on Idol and deciding not to kiss the pretty girls in "Let's Don't Call It a Night."

CMT: One thing everybody is going to notice about the video is that it's very steamy, but you don't have any scenes with the ladies. How did that happen?

(Laughs) Well, you know what man, I felt really comfortable just being myself, and I feel like that was a great introduction to me as an artist, rather than just some guy coming out of the blue making out with all these chicks on screen. I didn't really feel like that was the way to go with it. Luckily, I had an amazing director [Roman White]. With my music, I kind of want to represent good and positive things. Not like making out with a girl is bad, but I just didn't think it was a good way to introduce myself.

"Let's Don't Call It a Night" is your first video. So even though you seem like more of a music guy than a video guy, does it mean a lot to you?

Absolutely. Like you said, I'm more of a music guy than a video guy, so it's interesting and a whole new experience. I mean, I had a little bit of experience with that type of situation just being on American Idol. It's a weird and different place to be in. You kind of feel like you don't know what's going on and you just have to trust people. But when the end result comes out, it's exactly what you hoped for.

I'm sure you had to trust the people around you on American Idol, too. How does this compare?

It's exactly the same, actually. When you see a shot on TV, the time and effort that goes into making it look that way is so above and beyond. There's times when you think, "Well, there's no way this is going to look good." Somebody's telling you what to do, and you just say "OK," because you're not going to argue. You feel funny and go, "Oh, no, I'm going to look really dumb right here." Then you see the shot -- and you don't. It's the same exact thing. You have no doubt that they're going to make everything as good as it can be.

When you auditioned for Idol, you had never even seen the show. Why was that?

I've never had TV channels. I think it was like first grade or second grade when lightning struck my house and blew out the antenna with the TV, and we never had the money to fix it. It wasn't really important. It's just that I didn't have a TV. Plus, I was working every night playing gigs, so even if I did have a TV, I couldn't watch it.

When you auditioned, were you taking it seriously? What was your mindset?

That's funny, no one has ever asked me that question. The real truth is, no, I didn't think I had a chance whatsoever. Maybe it was reckless abandon that pushed me through, to be honest with you. There was a point where I was like, "Oh, my gosh. They're honestly taking me seriously and think that I can do this." In the beginning, I thought that I would just go sing and then they'd kick me out and I'd be done. I tell people that, like my mom, and she just says. "Well, there had to be some part of you that believed you could do it, or you wouldn't have made the trip." In a way, that is true, but I didn't really have that much of it. I just thought I'd go up there and do my best, and if it continues, then that's God's will.

It's taken you a long way. What's left on your list of dreams?

I'm there. My dream, it always has been, is to play music for a living. I've been blessed to be able to do that for the past 11 years. I haven't had money for the past 11 years, but I have an opportunity now that I never had before, which is to have a CD in stores. Also to have music out there on CMT and on the radio, playing shows at nicer venues, getting the opportunity to get out there and do what I love to do. That's my dream, and it's come true. There's no way that I could ever go back to where I was. I think it will always be a little better no matter what happens from here on out. That being said, my life is good. The dream has come true.

From CMT

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 7:16 PM
Post #3125

Go Country 105
Did you hear Casey James on with Ryan and Ashley this morning?? His new album drops today! They talked about the new tunes, Ellen, and Lattes! Listen HERE: http://www.gocountry105.com/media/audio/ And get more every weekday morning with Ryan and Ashley on Go Country105!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphoto...624861650_n.jpg

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:23 PM
Post #3126

QUOTE(Boudica @ Mar 20th 2012, 8:05 PM) *

Casey James' Dreams Come True
From CMT

Wow. That CMT Q&A. Dude comes across as 100% without pretense.

--------------------
IPB Image
"If you see the big picture, the small picture makes more sense."
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 20th 2012, 8:42 PM
Post #3127

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Mar 20th 2012, 8:23 PM) *

Wow. That CMT Q&A. Dude comes across as 100% without pretense.

Yes, there are actually quite a few good interviews.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 21st 2012, 5:52 AM
Post #3128

GAC On The Streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWFh4OuOM4...eature=youtu.be

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 21st 2012, 6:49 AM
Post #3129

Interview KNCI:

http://kncifm.radio.com/2012/03/20/casey-j...irls-night-out/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Mar 21st 2012, 8:55 AM
Post #3130

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(Boudica @ Mar 21st 2012, 5:52 AM) *

This was really a great interview! Love that he performed "The Good Life" too, sounded really good! yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Mar 21st 2012, 9:08 AM
Post #3131

QUOTE(Boudica @ Mar 21st 2012, 6:52 AM) *

How cool is that? I'd say one of the best...and Casey mentioned that all important word "Tone"... w00t.gif happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Mar 21st 2012, 8:42 PM
Post #3132

All. Right! Now we're getting down to IT!

Casey James Interview: 'American Idol' Alum Exudes Country Soul on Debut Album

* Posted Mar 21st 2012 6:00PM by Beville Darden

James Minchin
Casey James is like a kid waiting for Christmas when he talks about his anticipation of fans finally hearing his debut album. "I absolutely love it and am so proud," the 29-year-old musician tells The Boot on a rainy March day at the Sony Music Nashville offices, adding humbly, "but there are a lot of albums out there I can't stand, and I'm sure their artists love them, too!"

It's been almost two years since the Texas native placed third on the ninth season of 'American Idol.' Instead of striking while the iron was hot and rushing to record and release new music, as many 'Idol' alums do, Casey took his time putting together his eponymous debut album, which hit stores this week. The result is certainly worth the wait. Complimenting the project's sexy and soulful first single, 'Let's Don't Call It a Night,' is a mix of country-rockin' uptempos that showcase Casey's seriously impressive guitar skills, along with ballads that reflect his softer side. The singer-songwriter co-penned all but two tracks on the album, wearing his heart on his musical sleeve as he opens up about failed relationships (one that clearly still stings) and about the most important thing in his life -- family -- through his lyrics.

The Boot talked to the charismatic Casey about his new music, the personal inspiration behind some of the standout tracks and why his 'Idol' past often has him playing defense.

'American Idol' alums are constantly being criticized for their instant fame, but you paid your dues, playing in Texas clubs for years before you tried out for the show. Are you constantly having to defend yourself?

That's something I try to always let people know about. I wasn't selling newspapers and then decided to go try out for 'American Idol.' I tried for 11 years to make my way. I was happy doing what I was doing, and I've still never seen 'American Idol.' No offense, it's a wonderful platform. Everyone on the show knows I love them and am happy for them. That being said, I'd never seen the show. My mother asked me to go, and I said no. But she said, "Look at all the people you play with, and look at yourself. Do you want to have a family? Do you want to be able to support these people? This is a free chance for something you don't have!" And she was right.

But I really do try to keep that in people's minds, that I worked so hard ... It's a bit of an issue with me. Two and a half years ago, I'd wake up, make business calls and get my gear. I'd load it up myself, set it up myself, play for four or five hours, then load it all back up myself. Then I'd count up my tips, divide up the money, unload all the stuff and go to bed. That was my day to day. People knew that, but when I went on ['American Idol'], I lost that. I lost who I was -- not for me, but for other people who didn't know the hard work I put into it. That makes me want to work a million times harder to let people know that, even now ... yes, I have been given opportunities, but I want to still work hard so that they feel like I deserve it. And I don't feel like I deserve it, but I have to realize it's not about me and what I want. It's about what God wants for my life, and I have to give that the respect it deserves. Then no one can say I didn't work for it.

Has fame affected you?

No, but it is weird when people look at you differently. I get people asking me about other famous people all the time, and I'm like, "Yep, they're a normal person with a good job. They get up every morning and eat their breakfast -- same life as you have!" But I love that I've been blessed to be able to buy other people food, instead of having them buy me food. Little things like that, that I didn't have before, I appreciate. I have a lot more to be thankful for now.

19 Recordings/BNA Records
You co-wrote every song but two on your album, reflecting a lot of your own life through your lyrics. What is the most personal track?

They are all personal and mean a lot to me, but 'Miss Your Fire' is the most emotional for me. It's a longing and remorseful type thing. I immediately go to that place when I listen to that song. It wasn't going to be on the album. I already had ten songs, and it doesn't really fit ... it stands out. So now I have eleven, and it's the last track. It's different in that I sing in a throaty voice, and it's a piece of me that wasn't captured anywhere else on the album.

Given that 'Miss Your Fire' came from a personal experience, does the female inspiration for that track -- or for any of your love songs, for that matter -- know about it yet?

Some songs, maybe multiple people will be thinking it's about them! [laughs] But other songs, the person the song is written for will know ... Some already do! 'Undone,' 'Love the Way You Miss Me,' 'She's Money,' 'Tough Love' -- those songs were all written about the same girl. 'Miss Your Fire' and 'Get It Right,' which didn't make the album but might come out later, were written about [another] girl, an ex-girlfriend. I'm sure she'll probably never listen to it. She's still mad, hurt ... It's one of those situations where things just changed in our lives. You have to be able to move on.

Moving on to a happier song, 'Drive' shows your mad guitar skills and love for cars. When this album brings you a hefty paycheck, is there a dream car you might go buy?

I am a big car enthusiast. I totally understand guys like Jay Leno who have a thousand cars. But asking me my favorite car would be like asking my favorite song or favorite food -- it changes everyday. I can go all the way from the '40s to a '67 Camaro to a '74 Charger and everything in between.

What inspired the first single, 'Let's Don't Call It a Night'?

It was the first time I'd written with Terry McBride (who co-wrote the song with Casey and Brice Long). I walked in, and they already had a lick on the guitar. I said, "That sounds like a sexy groove!" You can easily move to that song, and we wrote the song accordingly. It's the most simple way of saying something everyone has experienced. Who hasn't been in a moment where you say, "Let's keep things rolling!"? I loved the song so much, I started playing it live the very next day after we wrote it.

'Let's Don't Call It a Night' is such a sexy song. Do you see a lot of PDA out in the audience when you're singing it?

Yes, I do! [laughs] But the coolest thing is people singing the song right along with me. I wish there was a word I could use to describe that experience, but there really is no word. You know in 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' when his heart grows? That's what it feels like when people are singing along.

http://www.theboot.com/2012/03/21/casey-james-interview/

This post has been edited by ATXfansy: Mar 21st 2012, 9:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Mar 22nd 2012, 9:53 AM
Post #3133

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Mar 21st 2012, 8:42 PM) *

All. Right! Now we're getting down to IT!
http://www.theboot.com/2012/03/21/casey-james-interview/

Great interview! yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
JabbasSweetie
post Mar 22nd 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #3134

http://tasteofcountry.com/casey-james-inte...-american-idol/

CASEY JAMES TALKS ROMANCE, HEARTACHE AND WHY FINISHING THIRD ON ĎAMERICAN IDOLí WAS PERFECT

By: Billy Dukes | 8 hours ago

Casey Jamesí personality shines through during each song on his self-titled debut project, and not just because the lyrics are mostly ripped from his pre and post-íAmerican Idolí life. Itís his laid-back demeanor that fans find so charming. In just a few minutes, one feels like the guitar slinger from Texas has figured out how to keep pace with the world. Never too slow. Never too fast. Always on the beat.

James talked to Taste of Country the morning before debuting at the Grand Ole Opry, but seemed as anxious about the performance as one would before a trip to Grandmaís for dinner. In one breath, he waxed on about how romantic the album is, something that will surely please female fans whoíve fallen hard for his soulful voice, long blonde hair and boyish blue eyes. Moments later, heís talking about the mischief he may cause at the Ryman Auditorium or about how heíd quit shaving if it werenít for this whole new artist thing.

ďIf I really had my choice, I would probably grow the most wicked beard and never shave it,Ē James says. ďBut you know I kinda started with an image and probably need to stick with that until people at least know who I am.Ē The new album hit stores on March 20.

Is playing at the Grand Ole Opry like going to a party at someone wealthyís house, where you try to take something small just to prove you were there?

[laughs] Thatís awesome. Yeah definitely. Just like a nail sticking somewhere out of the floor, Iíll pull that thing out of there and keep it. Frame it on the wall. I think thatís a great idea actually. I wasnít going to do that, but now if something is missing youíve got me to blame.

Last year, you said you had written songs with Randy Owen and Kristian Bush (Sugarland) and I noticed that none of those made the final cut. How did you choose and how did those ended up getting weeded out?

It was an absolute beating to try and choose the songs but it really boiled down to collective wisdom. Obviously there were certain songs that I really loved, and it came down to about 20 maybe that I really felt like were the songs I couldnít take one away. And luckily everyone surrounding me that I depend on to go to for advice ó and thatís including people at the label and friends and family ó those 20 were pretty much the same choices throughout. And then it was just a matter of getting the most consistent feel for the album without being too much down one path, but also not being too all over the place.

Really I was just trying to make the best possible album and maybe sometimes ó I know it sounds crazy ó maybe the best song might not be on the album because you gotta think of the album as a whole. And thatís the hard part is picking and cutting. It was an excruciating process.

Are there any songs on the album that are ripped from the pages of your life?

Absolutely. Yeah, most of them. Matter of fact all of them, and even the ones that I didnít write I felt like could have came right out of my brain, thatís why I chose them.

(James begins talking about ĎLove the Way You Miss Meí)

That song in particular is close to my heart because I left for ĎAmerican Idolí two years ago really without saying bye to anybody and that song kinda represents my friends Ö and family because if it werenít for them, I donít know what I would have done. I wouldnít have been able to get through.

When things change drastically around you itís good to have people that can kinda keep you in check and kinda make you feel like at least something hasnít changed.

(James talks about ĎMiss Your Fire.í)

Itís a super deep song to me. Itís about somebody in particular, an ex-girlfriend and that song was written specifically off of a text that I had received. So it always takes me to that place when I hear that song or I sing it.

Is that a relationship that ended badly?

No Ö (pauses to think) It was a weird deal because it was at the time of the show kind of, and things get difficult. I wouldnít say badly, but sometimes things end and you donít know why and itís tough to move on.

In the the video for the single ĎLetís Donít Call It a Night,í did you get to sit in for the steamier scenes?

[Laughs] Yeah a couple, just to see what was going on and to see the ideas. The producer Ö wanted me to because we had talked about the scenes and how the thing was going to play out but then I actually got to see some of it in the making and it was cool and I was really happy with the way the whole thing turned out.

Based on how you describe the album, I would think that maybe future videos might have a script that requires some level of physical intimacy with you and a beautiful actress. Is that something youíd be comfortable with?

Well I guess it would depend on the situation, but you know, I donít know that I wouldnít but I donít know that I will so that will be bridge I have to cross when I get to it. I hadnít even thought about that to be honest with you.

There is a long history of stars dating their video co-stars.

Yeah, then Iíll make sure to get the most smokiní hot girls that I can find.

Who do you keep in touch with from your season on ĎAmerican Idolí?

Quite a few people actually. Anytime Iím in New York I go see Big Mike (Michael Lynche). Any time Iím in L.A. I go see Andrew Garcia. Here in Nashville I from time to time hang out with Little Aaron (Aaron Kelly). And there is a bunch of people from the Top 24 that I still talk to that they didnít make it Top 10 so they didnít go on tour or anything. Even people from Hollywood week, I still talk to.

I heard Miranda Lambert say once that she was glad she didnít win ĎNashville Starí when she was on it. Is there an upside to placing second or third?

Without a doubt Ö I feel like the place where I landed was exactly where I needed to be. But with all respect to the people that got first and second Iím sure theyíre very happy with what they did, but I wouldnít trade third for first or second any day of the week, just because it allowed me the freedom to do what I needed to do with my album and it gave me the freedom to do the music I wanted.

And the pressure is so great immediately after the show finishes. Scotty McCreery has done a nice job handling that, but some other artists whoíve won have faded and I wonder if thatís not a reason why.

Well there are so many things that go into it. Thereís managing, and what are the goals, and what is your timeline and what are you trying to do and are you trying to promote being an ĎAmerican Idolí winner or are you trying to promote yourself as being an artist for the next 50 years? So everybodyís got different agendas and everybody has a different process but I feel really lucky that mine turned out to be exactly what I wanted and needed it to be.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JabbasSweetie
post Mar 22nd 2012, 6:06 PM
Post #3135

http://www.dfw.com/2012/03/22/596095/as-ti...the-former.html

AS TIMES CHANGE FOR THE FORMER 'IDOL' STAR, CASEY JAMES STAYS THE SAME

IPB Image
Casey James performed at the Keys Lounge last May.

By Robert Philpot
dfw.com
Posted 12:08pm on Thursday, Mar. 22, 2012

The first time the Star-Telegram talked to Casey James, it was February 2010. The Fort Worth resident, who grew up in Cool, had just made the top 24 on American Idol, after his mom bought him a truck so he could go to Denver to an audition and judge Kara DioGuardi and guest judge Victoria Beckham persuaded him to take off his shirt. He'd never seen Idol -- he didn't have a TV -- but he went on to take third in a season many thought he should have won.

Since then, we've talked to James numerous times, the latest being March 20, the day his long-awaited debut album, Casey James, was released.

James was on his way to a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, part of a busy week that also included appearances on the fourth hour of NBC's Today and KDFW/Channel 4's Good Day, as well as a return to Billy Bob's Texas for a concert Friday night.

"I woke up, and my music was available for everyone," James says by phone. "It's a real good feeling. I think I feel now more relaxed than I've felt in two years.... I really haven't had a second to stop and think about it at all. It's really been go, go, go, go, go."

Times have changed for Casey James, but he retains a big part of his appeal, which goes beyond his good looks and smoking-hot guitar prowess. It's the part that's still the down-to-earth guy from Parker County.

"Everything that I've done for the last two years, every single move that I made, song that I wrote, everything that I've been working so hard on, it's all kind of coming to pass," James says. "But also, in a funny way, at the same time it's paying off, it's once again setting me up for the future in a whole new way."

Close to fans

It's hard to think of an original question to ask James, short of throwing him a complicated calculus problem. He has made himself accessible to his fan base via Twitter (He didn't even have Internet service when he began his Idol journey); websites such as the extraordinarily diligent The Casey James Blog (thecaseyjamesblog.com) cover him so exhaustively, they seem to know more about him than he does.

"They've gotten to know me, that's the thing," James says of his fans. "So many of them come to so many different shows. It's not like we have a chance to really sit down, but I've spent more time with those folks than I have with most people.... I think they appreciate my attitude. I don't take it for granted, and I appreciate it."

Back when he auditioned for Idol, James was just seeking a little more exposure than he got gigging at area clubs such as the Keys Lounge.

"My actual intention when I auditioned was just to get on TV," James says. "Because I knew that in those initial episodes where they're kicking people off, that they put you on the TV for maybe two or three seconds, a little kind of cameo. I thought, 'Well, if I can do that, if I can get on there for just a split second, then that would change [things] -- like maybe I could get a little bit more money per gig."

Now, with the release of his first album, exposure will not be a problem.

James was on his way from Las Vegas to Bakersfield, Calif., recently when he first heard Let's Don't Call It a Night playing on Sirius XM. "We were right there in the middle of the desert, and bam!, it came on," James says. "I'll never forget it. It was just one of those moments."

Musical surprises

Early reviews for Casey James have mostly been favorable, with the highest praise reserved for James' blues-influenced guitar playing. (He co-wrote nine of the album's 11 songs.) But James is best experienced live.

Friday night's Billy Bob's concert will be different from the one he played last July, James says. He'll focus more on the new album, but you can expect some covers and surprises as well.

And after his tour ends, and things settle down (to the extent that they ever will), he'd like to do some smaller, pop-up gigs in Fort Worth and nearby.

"Anytime that I'm there, actually off, my whole band's based in Fort Worth, and I intend on sneaking out someplace and doing a gig here or there," James says. "People should keep an eye out and keep an ear open, because we're going to be around.... I'm talking about playing for 300 to 500 people at clubs, where we can just slam 'em and play as long as we want."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 22nd 2012, 7:16 PM
Post #3136

These are all great interviews!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
willow23
post Mar 23rd 2012, 9:06 AM
Post #3137

Yes, they really are interesting interviews! Casey opened up about some things that he has not done before. Seems a few of these songs have real life meaning to him. yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 28th 2012, 3:27 AM
Post #3138

14TH ANNUAL BOWEN CLASSIC

Mark your calendars for the 14th Annual Bowen Classic benefiting the Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children on May 6th & 7th. The golf tournament, on May 7th will be a 2 man scramble and the entry fee will be $150.00 per player. The fee will include prizes, event baseball cap & t-shirt, food, drinks, and 2 concert tickets to the benefit concert the night before on Sunday, May 6th. This year the concert will be held at Indian Springs Park located at 100 University Parks Drive in between Franklin & Washington Ave. The concert will feature Wade Bowen, Casey James from the ninth season of American Idol, Jason Boland & the Stragglers, Cody Canada and The Departed, Turnpike Troubadours, Kimberly Kelly, William Clark Green, Charlie Worsham, Charlie Robison, Brison Bursey and more artists to be announced soon.

http://www.wadebowen.com/classic/

I thought it is pretty interesting that Casey will be doing a show with all of the other Texas guys. And look who is also on the bill, Jason Boland & the Stragglers. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ATXfansy
post Mar 28th 2012, 8:08 AM
Post #3139

^^This event - The Bowen Classis - takes place in Waco, TX, mid-way between DFW & Austin.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Mar 28th 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #3140

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Mar 28th 2012, 8:08 AM) *

^^This event - The Bowen Classis - takes place in Waco, TX, mid-way between DFW & Austin.

Cool that sounds a bit closer to you, are you going?

Casey James Talks About His New CD, His Favorite Songs, And His Hair!

http://cbskfrg.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/ca...s-and-his-hair/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

163 Pages V « < 155 156 157 158 159 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 25th 2014, 6:02 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol