Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

80 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lee Times, News articles about Lee
jason_ziggy
post Mar 16th 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

This is a place to put all the newspaper, blog articles, and video interviews of Lee!

To start off, I just found this Top 12 interview video with ZAP 2 It.

As a pianist myself, so effing excited that he may pull out the piano in the upcoming weeks! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 16th 2010, 11:19 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jason_ziggy
post Mar 16th 2010, 1:11 PM
Post #2

Lee has some screen-time in this Entertainment Weekly behind-the-scenes videos of the Top 12 Photo Shoot.

"L-Boogie" ... haha!

This post has been edited by jason_ziggy: Mar 16th 2010, 1:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
felmarrowell
post Mar 16th 2010, 1:49 PM
Post #3

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze
Fav. Music: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

QUOTE(jason_ziggy @ Mar 17th 2010, 2:11 AM) *

Lee has some screen-time in this Entertainment Weekly behind-the-scenes videos of the Top 12 Photo Shoot.

"L-Boogie" ... haha!

Wow!

Cute people!

Lee especially!

--------------------
IPB Image

I live in music like fish lives in water. - Camille Saint Saëns
A room with out books is a body with out a soul. - Marcvs Tvllivs Cicero
Wyze Owl # 16, Wyze One # 55, Wyze Guy # 112
+Quote Post
jason_ziggy
post Mar 16th 2010, 3:36 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(SpeezyBlaker_Grl @ Mar 16th 2010, 4:30 PM) *

Kinda sad I wanted to start this thread, I just haven't had a chance to. Sadness. noexpression.gif

Sorry! crying.gif I was surprised there wasn't one already in place when I wanted to post the video interviews. But please add all the content you want! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jason_ziggy
post Mar 18th 2010, 1:06 PM
Post #5

Video interview with the judges after the Top 12 elimination night and Simon still thinks Lee is the dark horse!

w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Courtney09
post Mar 18th 2010, 1:15 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Tv Show: Supernatural & TVD

QUOTE(jason_ziggy @ Mar 18th 2010, 2:06 PM) *

Video interview with the judges after the Top 12 elimination night and Simon still thinks Lee is the dark horse!

w00t.gif

Simon has been rooting for him since hollywood week. Not surprise that he still thinks Lee is the dark horse. Glad Lee hasn't change his mind. It seems like he is the only Lee fan on the judging panel. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♥ ll ♥ Twitter ll Sig made by: Archanaa ♥ ll Icon credit to lj ll ♥
+Quote Post
hazuki
post Mar 18th 2010, 1:17 PM
Post #7

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

On Wednesday’s American Idol, Lee DeWyze made it to the next round — the final 11. Sure, the Illinois native, who has been writing songs since he was 16, has talent, but he also has a guardian angel. In the March 29 issue of Star, on sale now, we report that an unspeakable family tragedy robbed Lee of his beloved grandmother Eileen. Her own son — Lee’s uncle — murdered her at the age of 80, just five years ago. “I remember meeting Lee when he was just a child,” Eileen’s close friend Mary Meyer tells Star. “He worshipped his grandma, and she adored him. Her death was traumatic for the entire family.”

Credit: MJ/Star

sad.gif

This post has been edited by hazuki: Mar 18th 2010, 1:18 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI13:Jess Meuse, Jena Asciutto, Malaya Watson, Austin Wolfe, Kristen O Connor, George Lovett
+Quote Post
jason_ziggy
post Mar 18th 2010, 1:40 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(hazuki @ Mar 18th 2010, 2:17 PM) *

sad.gif

sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Weebs87
post Mar 18th 2010, 2:02 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

crying.gif

good for him for not letting them exploit that on the show

--------------------
IPB Image
sig kadoatie!
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Mar 18th 2010, 2:10 PM
Post #10

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(jason_ziggy @ Mar 16th 2010, 3:36 PM) *

Sorry! crying.gif I was surprised there wasn't one already in place when I wanted to post the video interviews. But please add all the content you want! smile.gif

No worries! I'm a goob...and you know I will! *Tackle hug* grin.gif huggy.gif

QUOTE(hazuki @ Mar 18th 2010, 1:17 PM) *

sad.gif

Well, you know you made it to the big times when the Star is pulling your stories while you're still in Idol.

I don't know if the story's true or not - but lets remember credibility of our sources. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♥ Thank you tamyra4me1! ♥
+Quote Post
meandthemoon
post Mar 18th 2010, 5:11 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(hazuki @ Mar 18th 2010, 11:17 AM) *

sad.gif

if that's true that's sad sad.gif But I'm glad Lee decided not to exploit his family by using that as a sob story.

--------------------
IPB Image
signature credit - oxidol_2.0 | when i was haunted and alone with this baggage on my back dragging me down you set me free
+Quote Post
xxliveyourlifexx
post Mar 18th 2010, 5:15 PM
Post #12

sad.gif

That's horrible if true. crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Mar 18th 2010, 5:17 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson/Jena Irene

QUOTE(jason_ziggy @ Mar 18th 2010, 2:06 PM) *

w00t.gif

I sure will miss Simon next year. wub.gif crying.gif I love the way he always seems to have the same favorites as me.

I heart.gif Simon!

sad.gif

crying.gif

That's terrible, but I'm really glad they didn't choose to exploit this on the show. That never turns out well for contestants.

--------------------
Michael Johns 1978-2014 ~ R.I.P.
100 Finalists Ranked/Seasons 5-13 / LuckyOtter's Redos
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Mar 22nd 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson/Jena Irene

I don't know if this was posted already--MTV's Jim Cantiello interviews Lee, and accompanying article from Top 16 night.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1633791/2...312/story.jhtml

Why He Will Win: Lee's voice is a slam dunk for radio, and the only thing "Idol" fans like more than voting for their fave is to see their fave's music move up the charts. It appears Simon Cowell has picked Lee to be his pet project, too, yet he talks about him as if he's the dark horse of the season. A dark horse who's also getting plugged by Cowell? It seems foolproof! Finally, Dewyze is starting to attract a heavily female cougar fanbase, and it wouldn't be the first time those ladies have pushed a dude to the top of the heap.

--------------------
Michael Johns 1978-2014 ~ R.I.P.
100 Finalists Ranked/Seasons 5-13 / LuckyOtter's Redos
+Quote Post
aikenfan919
post Mar 23rd 2010, 1:24 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. AI 9: Wyzersox!

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368014

About Lee singing song about Baby food original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Signature credit: Bianca
AI 9: Lee, Alex,Crystal, Casey, Didi, Katelyn, Siobhan
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Apr 1st 2010, 2:06 AM
Post #16

Sorry I've dropped the ball on this for a little bit there. flowers.gif

The baby food article = haha.gif

------------------------------------------------------

Local 'Idol' finalist DeWyze got his start pushing porridge
By Sheila Ahern | Daily Herald Staff
Published: 3/23/2010 12:46 PM | Updated: 3/23/2010 3:51 PM

Lee DeWyze wasn't always rock 'n roll. Two years ago, he was more Farmer Brown.

That's when the American Idol finalist helped out the wife of a fellow band member and recorded six songs to promote Square One Organic baby foods.

"When we asked him, he never batted an eye and jumped right in," said Denise Henderson, of River Forest. "He was so great. Now my kids and I watch him on American Idol and it's just so weird."

DeWyze met Henderson's husband, Jeff, about five years ago, when Jeff was asked to join the Lee DeWyze Band along with two other musicians. Lee handles the lead vocals and guitar, while Jeff plays the keyboard, bass guitar and harmonica.

The band has played at bars and festivals all over the Chicago area, including Rib Fest in Naperville and the Abbey Pub in Chicago. And it when it comes to promoting organic baby food, DeWyze is the lead singer as well.

On Henderson's compact disc, DeWyze takes the lead on "Vitamin A," "Parent's Wish" and "Greens," where he plays the part of Farmer Brown. He's a background singer on the other three songs "Porridge," "Vitamin C" and "5 Day Trial."

DeWyze and his bandmates each earned $10, and a huge thank you from Denise Henderson for their time.

If the compact disc ever makes money, they'll probably get a little more, she said.

"It shows their commitment and support of us, each other and their music," Henderson said. "I mean look what they made out of a bunch of research on nutrition. It's amazing and was so cool to witness."

DeWyze also helped write many of the songs, she said.

Henderson passes out the music along with free samples of baby food to parents throughout the suburbs. So far she's has handed out about 4,000 CDs and has ordered another 1,000.

Square One baby food is sold at independent grocery stores in Chicago and many Chicago suburbs or online at squareoneorganics.com.

"It was so nice of Lee to use his God-given musical talents to help us out," Henderson said.

DeWyze, 23, of Mount Prospect, is one of the 11 finalists on American Idol. One contestant will be voted off the show on Thursday.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368014

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Apr 1st 2010, 2:12 AM
Post #17

DeWyze delivers 'Letter' to all but Simon
Published: 3/23/2010 9:42 PM | Updated: 3/24/2010 7:12 AM

Lee DeWyze convinced all the judges except one.

Having his pick from Billboard No. 1 songs, the Mount Prospect native chose "The Letter" by the Box Tops to sing on Tuesday's "American Idol." DeWyze went first and jazzed up the 1967 version by adding two trumpets, a trombone and two saxophones. Three female background singers also joined DeWyze on stage.

Three of the four judges loved DeWyze's rendition.

"You raised the bar for yourself," said Kara DioGuardi. "I've never heard you sound better or look more comfortable. You're finally owning the stage. Believe you're good."

DeWyze received some criticism last week for not having enough stage presence. Simon Cowell was the only judge who said he still didn't on Tuesday.

"I'm really surprised you choose that song, to me it wasn't a recording performance," Cowell said. "That was doing something quite corny... You missed the point I was saying last week, about having a moment. That doesn't define you as competent recording artist."

DeWyze seemed a little crestfallen after Cowell's criticism.

"I was trying not to think at all about it," DeWyze told host Ryan Seacrest. "I just wanted to get out here and be less stiff and nervous, to kind of let loose a little bit. Hopefully I did."

However if DeWyze thought Cowell was too harsh on him, he probably felt a little better after hearing the judges critique the two singers who followed him, who had some of the worst performances of the season so far.

The judges slammed Paige Miles's take on "Against All Odds," and Tim Urban's rendition of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

"It sounded like bad karaoke," said Ellen DeGeneres about Urban's performance.

DeWyze, 23, is one of the final 11 American Idol contestants. One will be voted off the show tonight, which airs at 8 p.m. on Fox.

The top 10 automatically make this summer's "American Idol" tour.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368165

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Apr 1st 2010, 2:18 AM
Post #18

Mt. Prospect native DeWyze makes 'Idol' top 10
Daily Herald news services
Published: 3/25/2010 12:03 AM

When the "American Idol" tour lands in Chicago, fans will be able to catch a performance from a homegrown product.

Mt. Prospect rocker Lee DeWyze sailed through to the Top 10 Wednesday night, ensuring his spot on this summer's tour.

Three of the four judges praised DeWyze's cover of the BoxTops "The Letter" Tuesday night and while Simon Cowell was the lone dissenting voice, both Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson agreed that DeWyze raised the bar for himself.

DeWyze will have to go even higher next week as the Top 10 take on R&B and soul with crooner Usher serving as the guest mentor.

Teacher Paige Miles isn't as lucky. America sent her home after her watered down take on Phil Collins "Against All Odds." Miles admitted she got lost in the song.

The judges agreed they didn't even need to hear her sing to try and save herself. Cowell told Miles she had a great voice and to try and find what attracted the judges to her in the first place.

"It was the roller coaster of a lifetime," she told host Ryan Seacrest "I had a blast."

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368462

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Apr 1st 2010, 2:24 AM
Post #19

DeWyze gives Idol judges a special 'Treat'
By Kathleen Danes | Daily Herald Staff
Published: 3/30/2010 10:40 PM | Updated: 3/31/2010 6:42 AM

If Tuesday night does indeed mark the turning point in Lee DeWyze's life, he may have Usher to thank for that.

The R&B star served as the guest mentor on "American Idol," and he gave the Mt. Prospect rocker some timely advice.

"Just own it," Usher told DeWyze. "If you don't believe in yourself, they never will. Don't be so critical of yourself because you've got an incredible talent."

DeWyze then turned in a soulful, yet gritty take on the Cornelius Brothers' "Treat Her Like A Lady" that Judge Ellen DeGeneres called the evening's best.

"There you go - now the night's started," DeGeneres said.

Even Judge Simon Cowell, who has repeatedly harped on DeWyze's lack of stage presence and nerves, took notice.

"I always believed in you," Cowell said. "This was the night your life may have changed forever."

DeWyze has admitted that he's his biggest critic and most of the battle comes from his lack of faith in himself.

His performance was the standout of a surprisingly strong showing by the remaining male contenders in the competition.

Michael Lynche's sparse, yet haunting cover of India.Arie's "I Am Ready For Love" knocked the judges out as did a comeback performance by Andrew Garcia.

Garcia has struggled mightily, never rising above his Hollywood Week take on Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" that judges referenced over and over.

But Garcia may have given them a new standard with his acoustic take on Chris Brown's "Forever" that judge Randy Jackson said was the best Garcia had been in a long while.

The girls by comparison seemed to struggle with even perennial front-runner Crystal Bowersox seeming thrown as she attempted to change up her style by adding a piano to her cover of Gladys Knight's "Midnight Train to Georgia."

But, the night belonged to DeWyze who couldn't help but beam as he came off the "Idol" stage.

"I would love to do this every day for the rest of my life," DeWyze said.

Tune into Fox at 8 p.m. tonight to see if his wish comes true.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=369770

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Apr 1st 2010, 2:31 AM
Post #20

DeWyze lives to rock another week on American Idol
Published: 3/31/2010 9:49 PM | Updated: 3/31/2010 11:12 PM

Lee DeWyze made the cut on American Idol Wednesday and breezed through to next week's round.

All four judges praised DeWyze's rendition of "Treat Her Like a Lady" Tuesday. After watching his performance, the Mount Prospect native thought he did a pretty good job himself.

"In that performance above all the ones that I have had so far, I felt it," DeWyze told host Ryan Seacrest. " I felt like I was not worrying about the stage or the judges. I was just feeding off the fans and the people watching."

Didi Benami, 23, was voted off the show after she was unable to earn a judges save. Katie Stevens and Tim Urban rounded out the bottom three and were also in danger of being sent home.

For the first time this week DeWyze sang like someone who could win season nine of American Idol - while possibly battling walking pneumonia as Seacrest seemed to suggest Tuesday. DeWyze neither confirmed nor denied Seacrest's claim and waved off the idea. After his performance, Simon told DeWyze "this may be the night your life changed forever."

Usher told him in his mentoring session, "If you don't believe it, [your audience] won't."

DeWyze said he finally believes it.

"I realize that every time you perform, it could be your last," said DeWyze, who will celebrate his 24th birthday Friday.

DeWyze and the eight other finalists will perform again on Tuesday, April 6, and one will be voted off the show the following night.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=370017

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

80 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 22nd 2014, 1:15 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol