Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Album Release Date - April 13th!, new single That's What I'm Here, out March 8!
omg it's jasonnn
post Mar 3rd 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

From Atlantic Records official site:

JASON CASTRO UNVEILS EAGERLY AWAITED DEBUT ALBUM

SINGER/SONGWRITER TO HERALD SELF-TITLED COLLECTION

WITH NEW SINGLE, "THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR,"

AND TELEVISED PERFORMANCE ON ABC'S UPCOMING SPECIAL,

THE BACHELOR: JASON & MOLLY'S WEDDING;

"JASON CASTRO" AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE ON APRIL 13TH

Atlantic recording artist Jason Castro has unveiled details of his much-anticipated debut LP. "JASON CASTRO" arrives in stores and at all online retailers on April 13th.

The self-titled album will be preceded by the new single, "That's What I'm Here For." The track is slated to hit Hot AC radio outlets nationwide on March 8th. That same day will also see "That's What I'm Here For" - coupled with an exclusive rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow," one of the songs that helped earn him a third-runner up finish on the 2008 season of Fox's American Idol - go on sale at digital retailers everywhere.

What's more, Castro is slated to perform both songs on ABC's upcoming special, The Bachelor: Jason & Molly's Wedding, from Warner Horizon Television. The two-hour television event airs Monday, March 8th (check local listings).

"JASON CASTRO" brims with toe-tapping pop, strummy folk, and electrifying rock ("Closer," "Heart of Stone") - all cleverly balanced, rooted in the classic, melody-minded singer-songwriter tradition, with heart-on-sleeve lyrics and acoustic guitar-driven arrangements. Featured alongside unabashedly emotional tunes like "Love Uncompromised" and the buoyant first single, "Let's Just Fall In Love Again" is a stunning version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" (which Castro performed on American Idol, citing Jeff Buckley's version as a huge inspiration to him as an artist).

To fully capture the moods he wanted, Castro collaborated with producer Eric Rosse (Sara Bareilles, Tori Amos) and a host of top-notch songwriters - including Marc Roberge of O.A.R., Gregg Wattenberg (Five For Fighting), Zac Maloy (David Cook), and Espionage (Train) - all of whom helped make "JASON CASTRO" an ideal showcase for his considerable gifts as a vocalist, songwriter, and musician.

"I feel like the album really captures my personality," Jason says. "People got to know me a bit on the show, so I wanted to build on that by including all these songs I've written about my life. I wanted to share with people the things that are meaningful to me."

"JASON CASTRO" follows Castro's acclaimed "THE LOVE UNCOMPROMISED EP," which immediately shot to the Top 5 on the iTunes album chart upon its January release. The five track EP - highlighted by three of the album's brightest moments, including "You Can Always Come Home," a tender duet featuring Atlantic labelmate Serena Ryder - was immediately hailed in the New York Times as being "among the most sure-footed records, debut or otherwise, by an ‘Idol' contestant from any season."

The Texas-based tunesmith has just wrapped a major US tour, his first full-fledged trek in support of his own music. Jason received rapturous reviews along the way, with the New York Times declaring his set "magnetic...1960s pop with bright guitars, slashed through with a contrarian streak... Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz should be nervous." A full-scale US tour in support of "JASON CASTRO" will be announced shortly.

For up-to-the-minute news, information, and exclusive merchandise, please visit www.jasoncastromusic.com.

http://www.atlanticrecords.com/pressreleas...12720474aca052a

thumbsup.gif w00t.gif : wub.gif

eta: can the mod edit the sub-title? It's "That's What I'm Here For" blushing.gif

This post has been edited by omg it's jasonnn: Mar 3rd 2010, 12:12 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 3rd 2010, 12:09 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

PurpleSoda
post Mar 3rd 2010, 7:41 PM
Post #2

Fav. Show : South Park, Conan

Thanks for posting this Pooh! flowers.gif

--------------------
I ♥ Mi Dulce Hermanita MARISOL |Taylor, Chris, Jason, David * AI 5, 7 & 11 ♥♥♥
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nicolelubsjason2
post Mar 4th 2010, 1:57 PM
Post #3

I can't wait. spaz.gif

--------------------
Being alone it could be quite romantic
+Quote Post
omg it's jasonnn
post Mar 8th 2010, 8:18 AM
Post #4

it's now up on iTunes!! w00t.gif Go get it

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thats-wha...ver/id358916643

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
My Destiny
post Mar 8th 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: Team Waffle

He came to my school. bleh.gif He impressed me alot even though i didn't really like him on Idol

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Carrie. Lauren. Kat. Pia. Kelly. Haley. Kellie. Brooke. Jordin Scotty. Lee. DavidC. Kris. Alex. CaseyA. ChrisR.
|credit: kaykaycountry|
+Quote Post
v-streamer
post Mar 9th 2010, 9:45 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Yrs:2,4,5,7,8,10

The two sided single, featuring the songs he sang on the Bachelor Wedding, is currently on I-Tunes TWIHF #64 and
#155- OTR.

--------------------
IPB Image
I haven't changed this signature since S7 for pure laziness!
+Quote Post
dulcexmarisol
post Mar 9th 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. ♥: pulchritudinous

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

#55 & #130.

--------------------
Uruguay ♥ Argentina ♥ Chile
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
PhilStaceyPhan07
post Mar 14th 2010, 5:57 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Kradison <3

Eeeeeeeekkkkk!!! I can't wait w00tbounce.gif w00tbounce.gif w00tbounce.gif w00tbounce.gif

--------------------
Rest In Peace Michael Johns. You will be missed. We'll see you across the universe someday.
IPB Image
Icon by Jess ~ Facebook - Twitter - Instagram ~ Carry On...
+Quote Post
CaitlinValerie
post Mar 15th 2010, 8:37 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert

QUOTE(My Destiny @ Mar 8th 2010, 11:19 AM) *

He came to my school. bleh.gif He impressed me alot even though i didn't really like him on Idol

May I ask where you live in PA? I should have went to your school as a "new student" that day!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 24th 2014, 1:02 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol