Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chat LIVE with Megan Joy!, at AINow.org Tomorrow
DDfanKC
post Jan 5th 2010, 9:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI3: Diana DeGarmo
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

Hey Megan fans!

AI Now is proud to announce the latest installment in our series of "Idol" interviews. We will be chatting LIVE with Season 8 finalist and recording artist Megan Joy TOMORROW, Wednesday, January 6th at 7:00 PM Eastern time!

Megan has already released some new music onto her Myspace, but what are her plans on releasing an album? Has she been signed or is she working with an independent label? What other songs has she been writing and recording? We hope to get these and many more questions answered!

Plus, we will be taking YOUR questions live for Megan to answer.

You'll want to be here for this must-see chat on January 6th at 7pm ET only on http://www.AINow.Org

--------------------
IPB Image
Twitter me! :) http://www.twitter.com/PaigeECook
My YouTube channel: I SING TOO! :) http://www.youtube.com/paigec24
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 5th 2010, 9:10 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

bieusinh92
post Jan 5th 2010, 9:55 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI11: Heejun Han

awesomee! hopefully i'll be able to catch it tomorrow original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Jan 5th 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

I've been waiting for this since you guys first did live chats! laughing.gif spaz.gif So excited! I hope my questions get through. giggle.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 6th 2010, 5:53 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

Sweet! Where do we watch this? I know that it's on that site but I don't get where it's gonna be at on there. There was no link or anything on the page that talked about it... unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Jan 6th 2010, 6:02 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Jan 6th 2010, 5:53 PM) *

Sweet! Where do we watch this? I know that it's on that site but I don't get where it's gonna be at on there. There was no link or anything on the page that talked about it... unsure.gif

http://www.ainow.org/index.php/top-stories...n-6th-at-7pm-et

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Jan 6th 2010, 7:32 PM
Post #6

MEGAN'S NEW SONG, "SWEET LOVE" (It's actually AMAZING, and the bridge is just OMG):

http://www.zshare.net/audio/70887881d76d1872/

NEW PICTURES OF MEGAN:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Some notable parts of the chat (I'll add more as it goes on):

AI Now Admin Team:

I think we can all agree that your "American Idol" journey has been covered very well in the dozens and dozens and dozens of post-show interviews. Therefore, we only have two questions on that topic...Looking back on things, is there one certain moment from the show that you will never forget? And, is there anything you would have done differently on the show if given the second chance?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:02 AI Now Admin Team
7:02

Megan Joy:
I wouldn't change a thing. I did my best, tried to be myself at all times and felt like I did a pretty decent job at both original.gif no take-backs for me!! I have a couple moments that stand out but the main one was when I sang Walking after Midnight.... like most of you know I was sick to the max but I somehow pulled through for those two minutes...... that was my night for sure original.gif
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:04 Megan Joy
7:04

AI Now Admin Team:

Alright, let's move on to the tour then. I know when I was out with the crowd of fans in Pittsburgh you all were getting tons of letters and gifts…What was the most treasured thing and the strangest thing you received fans?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:04 AI Now Admin Team

Megan Joy:
I got some beautiful jewelry, wonderful gifts for ryder (including some siiiiiick yo gabba gabba gear) um.... everything was just sweet and wonderful. BUT I did get a sculpture of me as a mermaid made from a real fish.... IT. WAS.WILD. Adam got one too! THANKS TO ANY OF YOU WHO GAVE ME A GIFT. I kept them all in a chest just for my idol memories original.gif
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:07 Megan Joy
7:07

AI Now Admin Team:

Talking about the tour, hanging out with the rest of the top 10 all summer must have been something. Any funny or memorable stories fans haven't heard much about?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:09 AI Now Admin Team
7:09

Megan Joy:
oooh snap my mom just started blasting disco all throughout the house hahah what is happening

Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:09 Megan Joy

Megan Joy:
Hanging with the other 9 was A BLASTO BLAST. We really cant be more honest when we say that everyone got along. It was pretty much just laughing all day every day. I wish I had a big crazy story about something wild going down between us but it was peaceful and wonderful. A lot of funny things happened with Adams fans (they get buck wild) But other than that ......
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:11 Megan Joy
7:12

Megan Joy:
hahaha oh confession night. Well It was in Portland, all of us where in adams room. I am like a 12 year old so I said "okay everyone we are going around the room and everyone has to tell about their first kiss" things went from there original.gif But im sorry thats pretty much all I can say. oh.... my first kiss was with A kid named Jessie and he had ranch on his mouth.... ew ew ew. I hated it. hahahah
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:13 Megan Joy
7:14

AI Now Admin Team:

Okay, let's move on to the stuff the fans are dying for us to get to. Tell us what you have been doing since the tour in regard to your debut album?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:15 AI Now Admin Team
7:15

Megan Joy:
original.gif OKAY. I have recorded almost 14 completed songs now. I am super excited about them. Now that the holidays are over I go back to work in a week and Its time to prepare for label shopping. I cant go into detail but a couple labels are interested original.gif I start rehearsals to WOW them live and Ill of course keep writing and recording too. BUT if all goes well I will be signed by spring-early summer!!! Then its finish the album, drop it, tour, model all sorts of craziness original.gif woooo

Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:19 Megan Joy
7:19

AI Now Admin Team:

Have you worked with any notable collaborators so far? And, do you plan/hope to work with some others in the near term?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:20 AI Now Admin Team
7:21

Megan Joy:
dang I lost that whole thing!!! I have worked with MANY INSANELY talented people so far.... John Feldman, Kevin Griffin, Dave Lichens, many awesome people. I even wrote a couple songs with Benji Madden!! Ive been surrounded by genius.... too lucky so far original.gif

Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:25 Megan Joy
7:26

Megan Joy:
And I love so so many different artists, producers and writers. I would be honored to get to work with any of them. BJORK HEAR MY PLEA hahahah
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:26 Megan Joy
7:26

AI Now Admin Team:

Considering the songs you have already written/recorded, do you see some type of general theme taking shape? Or, do you see the album appealing to a certain type of genre?

Megan Joy:

Well I think my music will appeal to people of all ages. Its pretty different and has an old school feel with a new twist. I absolutely love relationships so most of my songs are just about people I love and have loved. I want to be a role model that helps with confidence, drive, motivation, strength. I just want to touch and help people with my jams.

Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:30 Megan Joy
7:30

Megan Joy:
hahahah And straight up gangster rap. Maybe some Metal too.

Megan Joy:
Ill be waiting for reviews to see how people classify my album original.gif I just want to sing!

Megan Joy:
Im going to make music for babies and toddlers too. FOR SURE. I cant wait for that.

Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:32 Megan Joy
7:32

Megan Joy:
hahah yup!!! I have so so many ideas. I already have a song for my son... Ill do a lullaby album real soon.

AI Now Admin Team:
Back to your debut album, how much original songwriting should we expect at this point?

Megan Joy:

I have Co-written every song so far. I cant play any instruments (yet folks, YET) SO I wasnt able to add much to that aspect of my songs but I come up with the melodies and If I didnt completely write the lyrics of a song, I wrote at least half. But many of the songs lyrics are all me original.gif BUT watch your backs guys, Ill do it all eventually.

AI Now Admin Team:

I know this is impossible to know for sure w/o a label yet, but do you have a certain deadline by which you'd ideally like to have your album out, or at least a single out for download?

Megan Joy:

I honestly dont know about exact dates. There are really no deadlines, I just hope it all goes smooth like it has been and happens when it is supposed to. It would be nice to get my album out quick but after I start this next process I will have a better idea of dates. I will of course update everyone original.gif

Megan Joy:

yes yes My website is being built as we speak.
In the meantime Wonderful people are running my myspace and facebook and you can follow me on twitter all day any day original.gif
Wednesday January 6, 2010 7:42 Megan Joy
7:42

AI Now Admin Team:

Do you think you have stumbled across a potential single yet? Or, do you have a certain favorite song from the album?

Megan Joy:
ALSO I was chosen to do a Blog for this seasons Idol!!! So you can check out my blog after the show starts for the season!

Megan Joy:
Yes! I have about 4 songs that are pretty much single ready. Everyone involved is SUPER excited about them.

Megan Joy:

The blog is actually for OK! Magazine!

AI Now Admin Team:

This is obviously a long term idea, but reflecting back on the Idols Live tour, have you given any thought as to what type of tour you’d like to be a part of in the future?

Megan Joy:
well.... a Jazz tour would be insane, there are SO many jazz artists I would LOVE to tour with (including Matt original.gif ) Um.... its hard to say because If an artist that I like (which are many) I cant see myself saying no to anyone! who wants to go on tour original.gif hahahah I just want to tour guys.

Megan Joy:
yes please. Adele ANY DAY. I just want to hang out with the woman even original.gif

AI Now Admin Team:

We have got to ask you about all the controversy that has followed Adam since his AMA performance. What do you think of all the attention he is getting and did that performance surprise you?

Megan Joy:

I think that the attention is wild. I know he is getting it from all angles. I think he beyond brilliant and his talents are insane. His performance was just what I would expect from him, he is true to himself always. He is a risk taker, edgy, and flat out sexy...... I just hope he had a blast and only lets the kind words in. I just want him to make music forever (thats what he was born to do) AND I just want happiness for him.

AI Now Admin Team:

Finally, this is certainly old news, but do you have any idea on how all those rumors got started about you and Anoop being more than just friends?

Megan Joy:

hahahahaha WELL..... It all started one night when me him and Matt were hanging in a Hotel bar, Matt decided to crash and right after he left a HUGE wedding party came in that knew who we are. They went crazzzzzy and thought we were "together" After that it just became a huge joke. Anoop hated it at first and would deny but I loved to roll with it original.gif eventually he gave in to. I love Anoop, but we never officially dated or anything. I may or may not have kissed him though original.gif sssshhhhhh

Megan Joy:

ahahahah its really not too cute.... he will kill me for this original.gif BUT just let me say.... we are friends and only friends through and through. Ill ask him to sing at my wedding hahaha

Megan Joy:
Well how about we bust out the NEW SONG!? original.gif anyone.....

Megan Joy:
Its called Sweet Love. I wrote all of this one (and the other two you heard) Its about my loneliness and waiting for the man I need to complete my life original.gif

Megan Joy:

Alright peeps..... hit me. What can I answer for you?

Megan Joy:
Yes I will form a band, but after my album is done and im ready to tour

Megan Joy:
I would LOVE to do an album of covers and thats certainly one I would want on there.

Megan Joy:
I wrote when I was a teenager and before but once I graduated and just wanted a family I stopped SO it was pretty much brand new when I started again. My mind had been elsewhere original.gif

Megan Joy:
Yup! I had a lucky ring from my first Idol audition that I wore the entire show. Its a bird with a flower and says "fly lightly" I will get that on my left ribs. AND finish my sleeve..... DAMN YOU TATTOO GUY.

AI Now Admin Team:

Jim: Do you have any live performances scheduled yet for 2010?

Megan Joy:
not yet. I mean my grandmas Birthday party but you probably wont be there original.gif hahah Ill tour within the year though.....

AI Now Admin Team:
Is there something in the works for a tour or is that just one of your goals for 2010?

Megan Joy:
There is nothing in the works but as soon as Im signed (which I would guess I will be in the next 3-4 months) Ill get the album ready and tour pretty fast afterwards. The album wont take too long to complete and getting signed is a pretty much for sure SO..... just high hopes for a tour this year original.gif

AI Now Admin Team:

Megan: Do you have a celebrity crush?

Megan Joy:

I have a few. I really like comedians, Jason Segal for example original.gif I dont know if thats how you spell his last name hahah

Megan Joy:
Ya my Lyric inspiration is random, It comes when it wants. Im an emotional lass.

Megan Joy (giving advice to future Idol hopefuls):
dont try to be like any past idols. At all. be yourself and try not to listen to the people around you..... they will be AMAZING and intimidating.

Megan Joy:
Just be confident and try to find a look and song that will stand out... in a good way hahahah unless you're just looking to meet the judges
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:23 Megan Joy
8:23

Megan Joy (on whether Major or Indie labels have contacted her):
both kind of labels yo original.gif

Megan Joy (on her New Year's Resolution):
HEALTH. I am working out, eating only whole foods, getting better sleep. anything I can think of. And keep the music rolling of course original.gif

[Comment From Torr Torr: ]
Have you been watching yourself on the s8 reruns??
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:24 Torr
8:24

Megan Joy:

I tuned into last nights for a second but I just laugh at myself the whole time so it didnt last long. Im such a geek ahahah
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:24 Megan Joy
8:25

[Comment From megatt megatt: ]
favorite food?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:25 megatt
8:26

Megan Joy:
gravy. any kind. plain or over something. I also will eat a potato cooked any way any time.

AI Now Admin Team:
Kristina: I think one thing everyone is always curious about is tattoos. What is the meaning behind yours? What made you decide to get a tattoo in the first place? And, did any of them hurt?

Megan Joy:
every tattoo I have represents someone or something in my life that I love. my sleeve is my fairy tale... it has my mom, brother son and myself (and mystery man) The rest of them are pretty similar and just as cheesy. Oh ya, I LOVE love original.gif

[Comment From Amy! Amy!: ]
What did you do to control your nerves before performing every week on Idol?
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:28 Amy!
8:29

Megan Joy:
I kept away from caffein, I got as much sleep as possible and really just meditated, controlled my thoughts and breathing. prepared for harshness original.gif
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:29 Megan Joy
8:29

AI Now Admin Team:

Louis: What important lessons in the music industry have you learned since coming out of the AI bubble? How'd you adjust?

Megan Joy:
Im still adjusting, Its an even crazier music world out there than I could have imagined. But I learned that people are FIB KINGS, you have to be so very careful of who to trust and work with. I have been fortunate personally in this but I have seen horrible things go down for others. I try to work with people based on how they speak about their families.... says a lot original.gif
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:31 Megan Joy
8:31

AI Now Admin Team:

On behalf of everyone here at AI Now, I want to thank you so much Megan for taking the time to chat with us today. Keep in touch and good luck on the album!

Megan Joy:
Thank you all SO SO SOOOOO much for participating everyone. I cant tell you how much I love and appreciate you all. I cant wait to give you all my music. THANK YOU AI now too original.gif I love you all so much. have a beautiful night.... STAY TUNED. XOXO

This post has been edited by bieusinh92: Jan 6th 2010, 8:33 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Idol_Rox77
post Jan 6th 2010, 8:41 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

She Answered Me:D Here's Mine!
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:21 Megan Joy
8:21 [Comment From Laura Laura: ]
I'm Auditioning For Idol In 3 Years Do You Have Any Advice For Me
Megan Joy: dont try to be like any past idols. At all. be yourself and try not to listen to the people around you..... they will be AMAZING and intimidating.
Wednesday January 6, 2010 8:22 Megan Joy

--------------------
*Twitter. Dreamers. Tumblr.*
IPB Image
*AI13: Kristen O' Connor, Alex Preston, Sam Woolf, Jena Asciutto, Emily Piriz*
+Quote Post
idolfreak05
post Jan 6th 2010, 8:53 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

I wish she answered mine and that my early comments got through thumbdown.gif But nice chat regardless

--------------------
IPB Image
Idols Live! every year except 2010, 2011, 2013,2014!
Idols Live 2012! Pittsburgh,PA
+Quote Post
homezfoo
post Jan 6th 2010, 9:00 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI9: Lacey Brown
Fav. Fav. AI8: Megan Joy

I'm waiting for you my sweet love! AAH! SHE IS FREAKING CAWMAZING! spaz.gif More i want mooooooooooree! shock.gif ME HUNGRY FOR MORE MEGAN JOYNESS!!!!!!! bounce.gif

This post has been edited by homezfoo: Jan 6th 2010, 9:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Jan 6th 2010, 9:21 PM
Post #10

Sweet Love = Love

the production is AMAZING, her vocals are AMAZING, the song is just AMAZING.

p.s. someone has to send this song to MJ's, a lot of people there seemed to embrace Megan when she released her first 2 songs.

This post has been edited by bieusinh92: Jan 6th 2010, 9:22 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
carriefanforever
post Jan 6th 2010, 9:28 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy and Kris Allen

That chat was AMAAAAAAAAZING! spaz.gif spaz.gif And the new song. omg.gif omg.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
homezfoo
post Jan 6th 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(bieusinh92 @ Jan 6th 2010, 9:21 PM) *

Sweet Love = Love

the production is AMAZING, her vocals are AMAZING, the song is just AMAZING.
p.s. someone has to send this song to MJ's, a lot of people there seemed to embrace Megan when she released her first 2 songs.

I'll do it! yes.gif But how do i do it? LOL laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
idolfreak05
post Jan 7th 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

I loved Megan singing "Tears Dry On Their Own", "Turn the Lights Down Low" and "Put Your Records On"

--------------------
IPB Image
Idols Live! every year except 2010, 2011, 2013,2014!
Idols Live 2012! Pittsburgh,PA
+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Jan 7th 2010, 5:27 PM
Post #14

It's up on MJ's!

http://mjsbigblog.com/megan-joy-thinks-she...to-4-months.htm

MJ's opinion - it's not her favourite, but she didn't actually bash the song.
The new tune has a very ambitious song structure and an overly-lush orchestration that doesn’t quite work for me. Not my favorite of her new songs–all of which you can check out on Megan’s my space HERE.

The comments so far on this post are VERY POSITIVE and supportive! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Legey
post Jan 7th 2010, 5:44 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. AI8: Megan Corkrey
Fav. AI9: Crystal/Didi/Janell/Lilly

I don't like MJ, she don't like Megan and don't judge her songs fairly enough... She always do that, in American Idol or X-Factor...

--------------------
+Quote Post
homezfoo
post Jan 7th 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #16

i hate when people say OH SHE SUCKS anybody can sound good in studio!

I'm like chill people! Stop hating! At least Megan Joy has good intentions unlike most artists currently out there who are singing about sex drugs and disco sticks

--------------------
+Quote Post
bieusinh92
post Jan 7th 2010, 7:53 PM
Post #17

Almost all the comments on there though are very positive and supportive, so I'm not really mad at the very few that have negative comments. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jan 7th 2010, 8:04 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

Idk if anyone else has done this yet so I'll post mine. I made an attempt at some album art for "Sweet Love" mp3. It's not great or anything because I'm not that good, but it's better than nothing I guess lol

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mara21075
post Jan 7th 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #19

I wasn’t expecting that bridge on first listen, but it ended up being my favorite part wub.gif . This is a really cool song. I was thinking that this song wouldn’t be as impressive because I loved the first 2 and figured there would have to be a less than stellar one coming up, but nope. She’s 3 for 3. I’m pretty happy that she didn’t get signed right away, because this experience of creating her own lyrics and melodies is going to help her in the long run. She’s only going to get better at it, and so far she’s done a great job yes.gif . Oh, and I can’t wait to hear her rap haha.gif . This is going to be a great album. w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jan 8th 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

This excites me so much! I LOVE the song!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 19th 2014, 12:30 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol