Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is the best Australian Idol winner?, Season 1-7
HairBear
post Nov 29th 2009, 3:19 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. Oz Idol: Guy Sebastian

QUOTE(Dundre @ Nov 29th 2009, 10:33 PM) *

Guy Sebastian was clearly the most gifted singer in the first season. And easily the most unique. This Ricky fellow seems to have a clear agenda, but seems to have no knowledge or substance whatsoever to back up any of his claims, he just loves babbling away heedlessly.

I have to say I had high hopes for Guy, and apart from one great album where he did great renditions of old soul classics, he's been mostly disappointing. I feel his originals have lacked spark, and lack originality, not to mention have mostly been pop/rnb top 40 type stuff. I was hoping he would make music with more substance, and make some genuine soul music, but he hasn't really done that. This new duet with Jordin Sparks, and his new single highlight what's gone wrong.

Hi there Dundre

According to 17 music reviewers Guy is producing genuine original Soul Music - go have a read of what excellent write ups LIKE IT LIKE THAT has been getting. original.gif

REVIEWS

Most artists have their fair share of positive and negative reviews of their work - Guy didnt get any negative reviews for his 5th album which is all his original songwriting. Art of Love is not indicative of what is on the rest of the album and is a radio friendly song to let people know that he has an album out there. I know you are a fan of Stan - Guy and Stan have been working in the studio together before the release of Stan's album.

QUOTE(Alexander_17 @ Nov 30th 2009, 4:03 AM) *

Well goodness gracious me roll.gif those last few posts praising this 'Guy' fellow, all relatively new to the scene, Stinks of collusion! talk about conspiracy and corruption lmao.gif go take a laxative people, please flowers.gif

and Ricky there is no collusion, conspiracy or corruption in these cd reviews all from 'third party' print media and online music sites where music journalists have been singing his praises unless of course you think that these music journos are all scientologists or part of a Guy 'cult' wacko.gif

This post has been edited by HairBear: Nov 29th 2009, 3:23 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 29th 2009, 3:19 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

*ShellBell86*
post Nov 29th 2009, 4:55 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. SYTYCD8: Sasha Mallory

Damien Leith and Guy Sebastian FTW!

--------------------
Avy: avenue26/Siggy: &hearts;JM&hearts;| twitter.|
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Nov 29th 2009, 7:57 PM
Post #43

Fav. Matt Cardle

QUOTE(Alexander_17 @ Nov 30th 2009, 3:03 AM) *
Well goodness gracious me roll.gif those last few posts praising this 'Guy' fellow, all relatively new to the scene, Stinks of collusion! talk about conspiracy and corruption lmao.gif go take a laxative people, please flowers.gif

devil.gif devil.gif stuart.gif

Like it like that is soul ? haha.gif

You guys are trying far too hard, and it's a shame if Stan can't do it on his own - does guy change his nappy also?

--------------------
I am my own man, and dictated to by no one!
IPB Image
Joseph McElderry's "Don't Stop Believing"
An exhilarating performance!
+Quote Post
Dundre
post Nov 29th 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(HairBear @ Nov 30th 2009, 7:19 AM) *

Hi there Dundre

According to 17 music reviewers Guy is producing genuine original Soul Music - go have a read of what excellent write ups LIKE IT LIKE THAT has been getting. original.gif

REVIEWS

Most artists have their fair share of positive and negative reviews of their work - Guy didnt get any negative reviews for his 5th album which is all his original songwriting. Art of Love is not indicative of what is on the rest of the album and is a radio friendly song to let people know that he has an album out there. I know you are a fan of Stan - Guy and Stan have been working in the studio together before the release of Stan's album.
and Ricky there is no collusion, conspiracy or corruption in these cd reviews all from 'third party' print media and online music sites where music journalists have been singing his praises unless of course you think that these music journos are all scientologists or part of a Guy 'cult' wacko.gif

You are right about the Like it Like That album. I've only heard two songs from it, Art of Love and the actual Like it Like That single, and neither interest me. Too much pop, not near enough soul. If the solo single is indicative of the rest of his album, then they can call it soul all they like, I'm not feeling that vibe from it. I may check out some of the other numbers from the album eventually, to see whether the rest is different.

This post has been edited by Dundre: Nov 29th 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dundre
post Nov 29th 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Ricky_22 @ Nov 30th 2009, 11:57 AM) *

Like it like that is soul ? haha.gif

You guys are trying far too hard, and it's a shame if Stan can't do it on his own - does guy change his nappy also?

Do you know how to form an actual opinion, using any level of reasoning or reference? One liners are primary school stuff. If you are going to act like an expert at least bring some knowledge to the table to make it at least seem like you have any idea what you are talking about. Unless of course you are actually in primary school, in which case carry on...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 30th 2009, 1:56 AM
Post #46

QUOTE(Alexander_17 @ Nov 29th 2009, 1:03 PM) *

Ricky IF you'd ever bothered to look around other forums (and I wouldn't so I doubt you would) but the several who appear 'new' to here are well known on Guy's forums and elsewhere. Just you put everyone off with your 'forever anti Guy agenda' - why do you think so many of Anthony's GREAT fans don't come here anymore? Its embarrassing to all. You've tried bullying your way around here and other places for years and spat anti-Guy stuff almost every post you could ever make and really, I'm tired of your trolling. Flowers don't do it for us.

Okay - re Guy's latest CD - the two very popular songs are not entirely indicative of his latest album. And for prior music, Australia has been very tardy in playing any soul - btw THANKS to all those fans from Texas and California tongue.gif - one of the radio stations were blown away to discover all those were coming from overseas! (In one of the podcasts)

For those who ARE Guy fans (and this is about the Winners) try "Bring Yourself" - soul classic if there ever was one. There are more, but this is my husband's (an absolute soul fan) favourite.

Thanks for the link Hairbear.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SannaB
post Nov 30th 2009, 3:40 AM
Post #47

I'm sure it was Ricky's intent to turn this thread into a Guy hate rant, as usual. I might leave him to talk to himself.

This, from one of the lovely Anthony Callea official forum people, a while back:

....I do know however, that one of the most militant Anthony fans, who was banned from ACOF years ago, does post there and has quite a few 'conversations' with himself, thanks to multi memberships on that forum.

... he is an embarrasment to most of us, and I am truly saddened, firstly that you and the other Guy fans had to see such things, and secondly, that this poster goes against everything Anthony asked of his fans when ACOF first began...not to bag other artists on his forum or theirs.

...Unfortunately he's so prolific, and so unhinged that he tars all of us Anthony fans with the same brush... 99.99% of us are actually quite normal.

So there you go, Ricky (all of 'em). Anthony can't stand you either.

This post has been edited by SannaB: Nov 30th 2009, 3:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Nov 30th 2009, 3:59 AM
Post #48

Fav. Matt Cardle

Methinks thou doest protest too much too loud and too many haha.gif and ain't that a fact.

Primary school is fitting, thank you laughing.gif so I can continue to relish pulling the man from the pedestal you so desperately want to place him on!

I have no care as to what or how Mr Anthony Callea or his fans think of me haha.gif unlike youse lot who actually worship the 'guy' - ridiculous and unhealthy!

Have a good day, and you and yours should practice a little humility, you'll find the word and meaning in the Oxford, we have a copy in our primary school library bleh.gif

I'm quite looking forward to replying to your further posts devil.gif

This post has been edited by Ricky_22: Nov 30th 2009, 4:10 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
varicool
post Nov 30th 2009, 4:17 AM
Post #49

Edited due to not being worth it just eggs the fool on grin.gif

This post has been edited by varicool: Nov 30th 2009, 4:21 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Who's that girl featuring Eve out now in Australia
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Nov 30th 2009, 4:22 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(SannaB @ Nov 30th 2009, 3:40 AM) *

I'm sure it was Ricky's intent to turn this thread into a Guy hate rant, as usual. I might leave him to talk to himself.

This, from one of the lovely Anthony Callea official forum people, a while back:

....I do know however, that one of the most militant Anthony fans, who was banned from ACOF years ago, does post there and has quite a few 'conversations' with himself, thanks to multi memberships on that forum.

... he is an embarrasment to most of us, and I am truly saddened, firstly that you and the other Guy fans had to see such things, and secondly, that this poster goes against everything Anthony asked of his fans when ACOF first began...not to bag other artists on his forum or theirs.

...Unfortunately he's so prolific, and so unhinged that he tars all of us Anthony fans with the same brush... 99.99% of us are actually quite normal.

So there you go, Ricky (all of 'em). Anthony can't stand you either.

Thanks for this - its still around, good find I remember this .... a sweetheart,

and to Ricky - anyone who called Daniel Bell 'a boy' surely would have to be out of primary school = physically, anyhow. I believe you are only a few years older than I in your real life

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Nov 30th 2009, 4:38 AM
Post #51

Fav. Matt Cardle

Methinks thou doest protest too much too loud and too many haha.gif and ain't that a fact.

Primary school is fitting, thank you laughing.gif so I can continue to relish pulling the man from the pedestal you so desperately want to place him on!

I have no care as to what or how Mr Anthony Callea or his fans think of me haha.gif unlike youse lot who actually worship the 'guy' - ridiculous and unhealthy!

Have a good day, and you and yours should practice a little humility, you'll find the word and meaning in the Oxford, we have a copy in our primary school library bleh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dundre
post Nov 30th 2009, 7:26 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(Ricky_22 @ Nov 30th 2009, 8:38 PM) *

As I said in my post, carry on. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ricky_22
post Nov 30th 2009, 7:38 AM
Post #53

Fav. Matt Cardle

QUOTE(Dundre @ Nov 30th 2009, 8:26 PM) *

As I said in my post, carry on. original.gif

Thank you, so I will original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
angelidol2711
post Dec 14th 2009, 5:38 AM
Post #54

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. OzIdol:Hayley Jensen

Why all the blathering back and forth!
Would be a strange world (and boring) if we all like the same music, food, people etc.etc.
Like someone said a few posts back my faves never seem to make it to the top 2 anyhow lol.

Season 1. Guy winning was right! Would have liked to see Paulini 2nd, though I like Shannon.Cosima left, so what may or may not have happened is irrelevant.
Season 2. I like Casey but Callea should have won but it was not to be.
Season 3. Kate Deraugo was the best, Emily was not consistent and unlike most runners up never released a single or an album.
Season 4. Damien or Jessica - should have been a tie.
Season 5. Natalie won Yay! Talented artist, very versatile. Got sick of the untried ones tantrums and dramas.
Season 6. Glad Wes won. Only one ready I was so afraid of some that could have won eek!
Seson 7. Stan by a huuuge margin. Hayley ws ok but she was pimped to reach 2nd. Liked Kim, Nathan, and Loren better.
so:-
1. Stan
2. Damien
3.Kate
4.Natalie
5.Guy
6.Casey
7.Wes
innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Grand.stand
post Dec 14th 2009, 5:56 AM
Post #55

Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. - "One Direction"

It's all a matter of taste, but no winners were favourites of mine. If and when a great talent is found, he/she will have a fan here original.gif
I didn't hesitate in buying SuBos album, it was a natural, and apparently most of the world agrees! I don't buy just for the sake of 'supporting' someone, not even a charity! Charities I believe in, I donate too.

I have some great CDs, 95% of them are international artists, in most genres. I love soul, Jazz, blues, rock & roll, pop, and most other, but not 'rap' or heavy metal or that synthetic music that's been doing the rounds!
and even then, only the exceptionally good find their way into my collection.

--------------------
IPB Image
No matter what your stance on One Direction is, there is no denying that they are currently the biggest name in music right now, globally, and have been for the past 4 years.
+Quote Post
iluvanthonyf
post Jan 8th 2010, 5:25 PM
Post #56

Fav. SYTYCD7: Lauren Froderman

1. Damien Leith
2. Kate DeAraugo
3. Natalie Gauci
4. Guy Sebastian
5. Casey Donovan

I haven't watched the past two seasons.

--------------------
"Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better."
IPB Image IPB Image
livejournal ~ last.fm
+Quote Post
beejyboo
post Mar 12th 2010, 1:44 AM
Post #57

Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI7 - Davids x 3

Season 1: Guy Sebastian
Season 7: Stan Walker
Season 4: Damien Leith
Season 2: Casey Donovan
Season 5: Natalie Gauci
Season 6: Wes Carr
Season 3: Kate DeAraugo

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dieana
post Mar 11th 2011, 4:46 AM
Post #58

I think Stan Walker............He is the best...........`

--------------------
+Quote Post
naggindragon
post Mar 13th 2011, 9:52 AM
Post #59

Fav. Oz1: Paulini Oz2: Ricki-Lee

My favourite of the winners is Casey Donovan.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
toyall123
post Jun 30th 2011, 1:04 PM
Post #60

Fav. AI4: Vonzell Solomon
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Anime: Monster

Guy Sebastian thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"My eyes can see the death of everything. I can cut the lines as long as I understand the death behind it. This means I can kill anything, even if that thing is God."-Shiki Ryougi (Garden of Sinners)
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 7:45 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol