Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Before posting a question, read this!

Before posting a question, check the FAQ forum first! When posting a question, please use a descriptive topic title and be as detailed as you can in your post so that we can better assist you.

Note: This forum is reserved for questions and feedback for our forums/website only! If you have questions not related to our forums/website like computer questions, please direct those to Off-Topic.

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> What is considered PG 13 on IDF
Blitz
post Oct 2nd 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. CUf: CUf14887

Can someone please elaborate on what's considered PG 13 here? flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif I've been very confused about where the line is drawn lately, and it seems to change depending on the circumstances.

--------------------
JIM BEAVER + STEVE PERRY = OTP
sami_kaye is my Canadian custard | OM*K* | Request
PSYCHIKID: 22 FEWCHAR BOI: 19 | BRICK4LYFE
Meeshy is my pooh bear | star*man is my Francine
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 2nd 2009, 12:33 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Zak9369
post Oct 2nd 2009, 5:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Ooo, Åsa. I second this suggestion. ermm.gif

--------------------
last.fm | facebook | twitter | instagram | my sytycd lists
IPB ImageIPB Image
SYTYCD11: Ricky Serge Tanisha Carly Emilio Emily
+Quote Post
buzz
post Oct 10th 2009, 1:05 AM
Post #3

buzz live!
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Administrators

Fav. AI3: Jasmine Trias
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. TV show: 24

It's at the discretion of the moderator. As with these things, there'll never really be a clear line. Especially since the definition of what PG13 years ago is nothing like what PG13 is today. Your definition will be different than mine. With that out of the way, I'd personally say that anything sex or sex oriented, including strong profanity is probably not a good idea. Exception being Soapbox and Politics and a couple of other forums where this is labeled. Any type of flaming is probably not a good idea.

Remember, we're not obligated to 'police' these forums. We do so because we want to encourage a thriving community and often times, when the situation seems appropriate, we will moderate discussions as appropriate. IDF is a private community, owned by private individuals (Tom and myself), and we're not government-affiliated or funded. Like most matters of private property, we will deem what we feel is appropriate. And we pass that control down to who we feel represent our interests, our moderators.

However, every topic is different. Sometimes what's appropriate in one topic, based on the conversation, no one would object to a particular word being used. Other times, in another topic, even a non-profane word might be objectionable.

I know this doesn't answer your question but like most things, there can't be absolutes (ie: no black and white...only shades of gray). We need to zig and zag and most importantly maintain balance. Moderation is a fine art. Too much will stifle open conversation and creativity. Too little will ensue chaos.

--------------------
buzz  IPB Image
neurox media
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Oct 10th 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

I've always just assumed it was based off what seems right. In a chat thread with friends, for example, you could say things slightly more risqué than in the general discussion board. Or the after dark thread is usually full of more perving than the picture thread.

Just my two cents.

--------------------
I ♥ Andrew. ◄◄ Last.fm. Twitter. Lee-DeWyze.net. It Element 4.
IPB Image
S:SJDS: Jon. Reed. Jaclyn. Natalie. ◄◄ DWTS19: Janel/Val. Alfonso/Witney. Lea/Artem.
+Quote Post
~♥ Yvonne ♥~
post Oct 11th 2009, 9:59 AM
Post #5

I ♥ Michael Jackson
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. Color: Pink

QUOTE(buzz @ Oct 10th 2009, 1:05 AM) *

It's at the discretion of the moderator. As with these things, there'll never really be a clear line. Especially since the definition of what PG13 years ago is nothing like what PG13 is today. Your definition will be different than mine. With that out of the way, I'd personally say that anything sex or sex oriented, including strong profanity is probably not a good idea. Exception being Soapbox and Politics and a couple of other forums where this is labeled. Any type of flaming is probably not a good idea.

Remember, we're not obligated to 'police' these forums. We do so because we want to encourage a thriving community and often times, when the situation seems appropriate, we will moderate discussions as appropriate. IDF is a private community, owned by private individuals (Tom and myself), and we're not government-affiliated or funded. Like most matters of private property, we will deem what we feel is appropriate. And we pass that control down to who we feel represent our interests, our moderators.

However, every topic is different. Sometimes what's appropriate in one topic, based on the conversation, no one would object to a particular word being used. Other times, in another topic, even a non-profane word might be objectionable.

I know this doesn't answer your question but like most things, there can't be absolutes (ie: no black and white...only shades of gray). We need to zig and zag and most importantly maintain balance. Moderation is a fine art. Too much will stifle open conversation and creativity. Too little will ensue chaos.

THIS thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 7:05 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol