Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

47 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Live Like We're Dying" sales tracker
x0MiSs_KaY0x
post Oct 5th 2009, 8:29 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. A18:Kris, Allison, Anoop, Matt

QUOTE(Oliviaaa @ Oct 5th 2009, 7:56 PM) *

I haven't been paying attention to sales and I don't really care right now either. original.gif Kris has always started off slow and ended with a bang, and this is no different to me. His single may take some time to pick up and that's perfectly fine with me. I have no doubt that he will pick up more fans once the promotion starts to really kick in.

i think it's a good thing for it not to peak early too. it's better imo if it peaks a little closer to the album release date so that when people think of getting the single, the album won't be too far off. hopefully the single will gain sales/airplay and reach its peak within the next 2-3 weeks.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 5th 2009, 8:29 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

yasmina712
post Oct 6th 2009, 4:46 AM
Post #42

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

QUOTE(x0MiSs_KaY0x @ Oct 6th 2009, 6:29 AM) *

i think it's a good thing for it not to peak early too. it's better imo if it peaks a little closer to the album release date so that when people think of getting the single, the album won't be too far off. hopefully the single will gain sales/airplay and reach its peak within the next 2-3 weeks.

the problem is that the song is falling slowly from the itunes charts although it gaining airplay on the radio , i think if it didn't reach its peak in the next two weeks , jive better release another single to promote the album ,iam sure that there is a hit single between all the songs that kris wrote with those top songwriters , kris really need a mind blowing song at this time in order to sell his album

This post has been edited by yasmina712: Oct 6th 2009, 4:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
LanceC
post Oct 6th 2009, 5:03 AM
Post #43

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI10: Pia/Haley

QUOTE(yasmina712 @ Oct 6th 2009, 4:46 AM) *

the problem is that the song is falling slowly from the itunes charts although it gaining airplay on the radio , i think if it didn't reach its peak in the next two weeks , jive better release another single to promote the album ,iam sure that there is a hit single between all the songs that kris wrote with those top songwriters , kris really need a mind blowing song at this time in order to sell his album

I don't wanna say this but this is quite true. Unless there's a mega-promotion coming, the song currently has very little chance of breaking the top 10, or even top 20. Additional airplay as of now can only get the song higher by a little or delay it from being out of top 100. It's getting airplay yes but the single is supposed to promote the album and if it isn't charting highly, we can't expect incredible album sales. sad.gif Hopefully, the radio ads on oct. 13 will do a lot.

But like the others say, the main goal here is to have stable sales for a long time like Jordin, so I don't know if they immediately need to release another single.

This post has been edited by LanceC: Oct 6th 2009, 5:33 AM

--------------------
Kradam bubbletweet
Adam: "I'm a little tired myself"
Kris: "Yeah Adam, let's go to bed. I'm on top"
Adam: "You just did that"
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Oct 6th 2009, 5:32 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(LanceC @ Oct 6th 2009, 3:03 PM) *

I don't wanna say this but this is quite true. Unless there's a mega-promotion coming, the song currently has very little chance of breaking the top 10, or even top 20. Additional airplay can only get the song higher by a little or delay it from being out of top 100. It's getting airplay yes but the single is supposed to promote the album and if it isn't charting highly, we can't expect incredible album sales. sad.gif

But like the others say, the main goal here is to have stable sales for a long time like Jordin, so I don't know if they immediately need to release another single.

kris is now about to finish writing the album and he must have recorded many great songs , i wonder if jive can release one on them next month as a new single , i noticed that jay-z released a new single athuough he has already a hit single that was released last month ,he has released like three single before his album hit the stores so it is not that odd to release a new single in a short time , i think it will be good for the album and it will help it sell alot since LLWD is not doing great right now , it is a great song but people has not connected to it yet and kris has six month or less to prove himself so don't think that he has a long time but at the end it is the label desicion so iam praying for a miracle for kris right now

This post has been edited by yasmina712: Oct 6th 2009, 5:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ashley
post Oct 6th 2009, 5:49 AM
Post #45

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison

QUOTE(yasmina712 @ Oct 6th 2009, 9:32 PM) *

kris is now about to finish writing the album and he must have recorded many great songs , i wonder if jive can release one on them next month as a new single , i noticed that jay-z released a new single athuough he has already a hit single that was released last month ,he has released like three single before his album hit the stores so it is not that odd to release a new single in a short time , i think it will be good for the album and it will help it sell alot since LLWD is not doing great right now , it is a great song but people has not connected to it yet and kris has six month or less to prove himself so don't think that he has a long time but at the end it is the label desicion so iam praying for a miracle for kris right now

LLWD has not even gone for adds yet. Sheesh, patience people. Writing a song off after two weeks is just crazy wacko.gif Luckily Jive has a lot more patience than this! The worrying on this board gets ridiculous sometimes wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
renhan
post Oct 6th 2009, 5:56 AM
Post #46

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Ashley @ Oct 6th 2009, 5:49 AM) *

LLWD has not even gone for adds yet. Sheesh, patience people. Writing a song off after two weeks is just crazy wacko.gif Luckily Jive has a lot more patience than this! The worrying on this board gets ridiculous sometimes wacko.gif

yup I agree with you & some haters luv that too whistling.gif
guys this song can accomplish anything, last week It was #60 ( I think) then it's up to #29
only with tiny advs

This post has been edited by renhan: Oct 6th 2009, 6:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kworb
post Oct 6th 2009, 6:22 AM
Post #47

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

It's not dropping like a stone on iTunes which is good cause airplay is so minimal thumbsup.gif

You can't expect it to be #1 magically overnight, these things take time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
renhan
post Oct 6th 2009, 6:26 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(Kworb @ Oct 6th 2009, 6:22 AM) *

It's not dropping like a stone on iTunes which is good cause airplay is so minimal thumbsup.gif

we forget to add one thing
pop#28
so that isn't bad you know

--------------------
+Quote Post
yasmina712
post Oct 6th 2009, 6:50 AM
Post #49

but it is 74 and it was 64 yersterday so if it keeps droping 10 places everyday it is will be out of the top 100 by friday and i think jive will have patience if the song holding on at least but that's not happening and i don't care about the haters right now , so my suggestion was that it will be good for the album sales if kris had recorded really great single to release it fast so it he can get more good buzz and good sales ,but i don't think that will happen , it seems that kris future will depend on this song so iam really hoping that iam wrong and that the song will pick up again

This post has been edited by yasmina712: Oct 6th 2009, 6:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Oct 6th 2009, 6:51 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(yasmina712 @ Oct 6th 2009, 6:32 AM) *

As you can see from this speadsheet posted by Idolwatcher_1 , some songs started out slow and then peaked several weeks later. Kelly's Since U Be Gone debuted at #70 then peaked 17 weeks later, Jordin's No Air debuted at #95 peaked 15 weeks later and Daugthry's It's Not Over debuted at #65 and peaked 10 weeks later. You need to have more patience before jumping to conclusions.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tpP...amp;output=html

This post has been edited by RinaM: Oct 6th 2009, 6:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Andre
post Oct 6th 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #51

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jonathan "Legacy" Perez
Fav. AI9: Lambert, Urban, Benami.

QUOTE(Kworb @ Oct 6th 2009, 7:22 PM) *

My sentiments exactly. And even though it does get to #1, it doesn't guarantee a good reception either. Example: Miley Cyrus' Party In the USA. sleep_1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kisschi
post Oct 6th 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(RinaM @ Oct 6th 2009, 7:51 PM) *

As you can see from this speadsheet posted by Idolwatcher_1 , some songs started out slow and then peaked several weeks later. Kelly's Since U Be Gone debuted at #70 then peaked 17 weeks later, Jordin's No Air debuted at #95 peaked 15 weeks later and Daugthry's It's Not Over debuted at #65 and peaked 10 weeks later. You need to have more patience before jumping to conclusions.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tpP...amp;output=html

It's billboard chart,not itunes.As I remember,Live Like We're Dying debuted at #115 on billboard.

This post has been edited by kisschi: Oct 6th 2009, 11:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Levi
post Oct 6th 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #53

Fav. AI12: Paul Jolley
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

QUOTE(kisschi @ Oct 7th 2009, 12:39 AM) *

It's billboard chart,not itunes.As I remember,Live Like We're Dying debuted at #115 on billboard.

with only 3 days counted.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Oct 6th 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #54

QUOTE(kisschi @ Oct 6th 2009, 12:39 PM) *

Of course I know that the spreedsheet was referring to BB. I was just trying to make a point that some songs will not reach the stratosphere right out of the gate. LLWD starting out at 115 is a good thing because it has no other place to go but climb up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kcdaka1
post Oct 6th 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #55

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(Andre @ Oct 6th 2009, 9:27 AM) *

My sentiments exactly. And even though it does get to #1, it doesn't guarantee a good reception either. Example: Miley Cyrus' Party In the USA. sleep_1.gif

Party in the usa is number 2 on pop radio and on it's way to number 1 and it's top 10 on billboard.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Andre
post Oct 6th 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #56

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jonathan "Legacy" Perez
Fav. AI9: Lambert, Urban, Benami.

QUOTE(kcdaka1 @ Oct 7th 2009, 12:50 AM) *

Party in the usa is number 2 on pop radio and on it's way to number 1 and it's top 10 on billboard.

...but I frickin' despise that song. *pukes*

--------------------
+Quote Post
calbear
post Oct 6th 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(yasmina712 @ Oct 6th 2009, 6:50 AM) *

but it is 74 and it was 64 yersterday so if it keeps droping 10 places everyday it is will be out of the top 100 by friday and i think jive will have patience if the song holding on at least but that's not happening and i don't care about the haters right now , so my suggestion was that it will be good for the album sales if kris had recorded really great single to release it fast so it he can get more good buzz and good sales ,but i don't think that will happen , it seems that kris future will depend on this song so iam really hoping that iam wrong and that the song will pick up again

Not trying to be offensive, but I seriously think you are watching too close at the chart. Why can't we just lay back and enjoy the music.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sashimigirl
post Oct 6th 2009, 1:15 PM
Post #58

Fav. AI7: David Cook

^^LOL, it's a bit like weighing yourself every hour when you're trying to lose weight...

--------------------
Buy Kris Allen - the album at iTunes :: Follow Kris on Twitter!
IPB Image
Kris Allen's Live Like We're Dying -- on iTunes now! :: avi: realholiday at lj
+Quote Post
jjeem
post Oct 6th 2009, 1:46 PM
Post #59

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI8: KRIS ALLEN

QUOTE(calbear @ Oct 6th 2009, 12:58 PM) *

Not trying to be offensive, but I seriously think you are watching too close at the chart. Why can't we just lay back and enjoy the music.

this.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Suzanne
post Oct 6th 2009, 2:11 PM
Post #60

Yeah--if it hasn't gone for adds yet, then there's nothing to really judge. (Kind of surprised that the add date would be 17 days after the release. Shoulda been today, or even last Tuesday).

I don't get Jive really. The released David Archuleta's single Crush last year with immediate adds, which was good. Crush did great but then they waited 5 months to release the next single, and it was at the beginning of January and it tanked. If they'd issued the second single at the end of November, David might have gotten three or four singles out of that album.

Anyway, I really hope that Jive has figured out the mistake and will issue a steady stream of singles from this upcoming album of Kris's (and maybe make a good push for adds).

--------------------
+Quote Post

47 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 19th 2014, 8:51 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol