Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

47 Pages V « < 45 46 47   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Live Like We're Dying" sales tracker
Cohoes
post Feb 2nd 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #921

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. 8/Kris Allen 12/Candice Glover

QUOTE(archiebaby @ Feb 1st 2011, 9:39 PM) *

Honestly I just get vibes from archie that he doesn't really care. Or maybe just doesn't realize that he is struggleing. I mean he always says he doesn't care about fame but yet he is on a huge record label. I dunno I just don't get it. While I feel like Kris really wants it.
Also I forgot to mention I thought it was odd after only having one hit off his first album he was no rush to have a 2nd pop album and had a Christmas album instead.

I get what you are saying. Coming out with a Christmas Album seems like he was getting side tracked from trying to establish himself as a pop star. I can't picture Kris doing that. He seems too serious about writing and performing as a pop artist. I think Dave Cook is the same way as Kris.

I also worry about Jive and the amount of support they will give him on his second album. Especially after how they treated Archie on his 2nd album. But I think he learned a lot from the AWM debacle. He knows the importance of adds dates. He's not going to work hard on a 2nd CD to have his debut single die from no support. He really needs another hit.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 2nd 2011, 7:35 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Justice Johnny
post Feb 3rd 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #922

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

QUOTE(x0MiSs_KaY0x @ Feb 3rd 2011, 4:56 AM) *

ohh Archie's management team was MIA? that explains at least something then.
i seriously can't believe the same record label that gave Jordin 3 hit singles back to back to back for her first CD was a total fail this past year when it came to artists other than Usher/Britney/Chris Brown.

hopefully things work out for both Jordin and Kris this year. i want Jordin to have another "No Air" on her hands and for Kris to just kill it in the months to come. thumbsup.gif

And you know, for those three artists, it's their fanbase that mostly gave them their success during the past year because of lack of promo. Breezy was still struggling then, but Deuces was a huge hit on Urban radio. His new single Look At Me Now seems to be getting a lot of support (#2 on Itunes), Usher's More is also doing amazing, and of course, we all know what's up with Britney. None of these three songs really had much promo but sold so much because of their fans. Kris doesn't have the luxury of a huge fanbase that can sustain his sales/airplay long enough to get other people to be interested in what he has to offer. He really needs good management and a supportive record label. I really hope Jordin and Kris pull it off, but I know I always have the "hope for the best, expect the worst" attitude when it comes to Jive. ermm.gif

This post has been edited by Justice Johnny: Feb 3rd 2011, 10:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
x0MiSs_KaY0x
post Feb 7th 2011, 8:38 PM
Post #923

Fav. A18:Kris, Allison, Anoop, Matt

QUOTE(Justice Johnny @ Feb 3rd 2011, 10:48 AM) *

And you know, for those three artists, it's their fanbase that mostly gave them their success during the past year because of lack of promo. Breezy was still struggling then, but Deuces was a huge hit on Urban radio. His new single Look At Me Now seems to be getting a lot of support (#2 on Itunes), Usher's More is also doing amazing, and of course, we all know what's up with Britney. None of these three songs really had much promo but sold so much because of their fans. Kris doesn't have the luxury of a huge fanbase that can sustain his sales/airplay long enough to get other people to be interested in what he has to offer. He really needs good management and a supportive record label. I really hope Jordin and Kris pull it off, but I know I always have the "hope for the best, expect the worst" attitude when it comes to Jive. ermm.gif

yea i figured that. and "Yea Yea Yea" got a lot of Pop airplay for Chris Breezy too. thing is that promo or not, those artists are veterans of the Hot 100, so yea of course they're gonna get buzz right off the bat with their huge fanbases. i understand if they really didn't feel the need to promote them. but i don't see why they wouldn't want more profit and give some push to their other artists with less established careers. especially with Jordin, who's so marketable and had 4 consecutive hits, i can't believe they wouldn't want to build up on that.

similarly someone else Jive really slept on was Allison. listening to some tracks from her album, it could've yielded at least 3 hit singles. but they let each single they released just die out there. Don't Waste the Pretty especially coulda been a great hit for her. but instead of working with her to build a strong future career, what do they do? they drop her. noexpression.gif

seriously, if actual fans who knew what they were doing could run their careers, their trajectories could've been so different. but sadly, most people will never know the great quality of music they made. i'm hoping for the best for Kris and Jordin and Allison too, but i hate being conditioned to expect the worst. oy, being a fan is so draining wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RinaM
post Jun 8th 2011, 3:43 PM
Post #924

From IdolChatter:

Kris Allen, Live Like We're Dying (10,000, +5%, 1.665 million)

--------------------
+Quote Post
GreatALLENation
post Jun 8th 2011, 4:04 PM
Post #925

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams

Nice!

--------------------
AI10: Casey. Pia.
avi: Archanaa
+Quote Post

47 Pages V « < 45 46 47
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 7:47 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol