Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maria's American Idol Adventure, don't be fooled, it's not a new ride...
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 9:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8

Coming home from Boston has left me with mixed emotions.
As you all know, I did not get to meet Megan (aka, the main goal of my trip).
Part of me is very sad and dissapointed, as it was something I was looking forward to very, very much, and so I am heartbroken.

But the other part of me feels like doing this:

Meeting Matt was something I never pictured being as epic as it was, so I am very happy about that.
Also, I got to see all 10 Idols sing live, which is already much more than I had hoped for original.gif

So, here is my recap of my American Idol experience.

I got to Boston at around 4:30pm. I asked for directions and took the subway to TD Banknorth Garden. I kept a lookout for Megan fans to offer my pass to, but the most visible fans were obviously Adam's, and Danny's too. So I headed for Will Call to get my ticket, which I got, but no AP passes. Then I went to McDonalds were I got a Happy Meal that came with this sweet American Girl book with stickers and everything. Ok, moving on.

I looked for someplace to sit, and saw this girl with an awesome sign (for Adam). Her and her mom were really nice,and she was a Matt fan too, so I offered her my other pass. I don't know who was happier, her, or her mom. And that is how I met Ally. (SHOUT OUT TO ALLY IF YOU READ IDF.)

OK, so at around 6 I went back to Will Call, still no passes, so I sat there for like, 10 minutes, and then saw the envelopes being delivered. The guy didnt even ask me for my I.D.

I was happy.
IPB Image

Then I made my way into the venue, bought a program and found my seat, which was way less worse than I expected. I couldnt upgrade because I got there too late sad.gif

First of all, I agree with everyone complaining about the music videos. I love Carrie and Daughtry and Cook, but after the 4th time you see each video, it gets annoying.
What also gets annoying is the little girls screaming when Adam comes on scream, but that's just me.

At around 7:05, the venue goes dark, IT'S SHOWTIME!

Michael:
IPB Image
He REALLY impressed me. It is so true that everyone sounds a billion times better live. I really loved his set, and he got the crowd on their feet (well, the floor and me at least). Also, I am glad he ditched the white jacket.

Megan:
IPB Image
omg.gif SHE WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. I liked PYRO, but I ADORED TDOTO. She was wearing the heels, but still looked quite comfortable on stage, moving around and dancing. Everyone clapped with her,too grin.gif She seriously lived up, and exceded my expectations.

Scott:
IPB Image
I never liked Scott on the show, but I really enjoyed his set. A Thousand Miles was really pretty. And his jokes were presh. "they wave at me from across the room. Nope, can't see them." AHAHAHAA

Lil:
IPB Image
I really saw the Lil the judges expected to see on the show when she sang the Mary J Blinge medley. As for her other two songs, I really hate them both, so it was hard for me to get into them, but she still sounded really good. Also, she looked fierce.

Anoop:
IPB Image
LOVED Mad. I hated the graphics on the screen,though, but im willing to look past that. Always on My Mind was beautiful and My Perogative just made me laugh.

Matt:
IPB Image
Hard to Handle was exactly that, but in a good way. I loved it. And danggggg can that boy play the piano. Georgia was amazing. Ive always hated You Found Me. Still do. But I still love Matt.

First Group Number:
IPB Image
I think this was my favorite part of the show. Both Meg and Lil sounded great on CTMEOY, and Michael sounded very good too. Loved the Scott and Matt duet. My favorite part was Beggin', though. Lil' and Anoop rapping was full of win.And Those dances moves omg.gif

Intermission: Stood in line for the bathroom. Watched two little girls wave their Adam signs like maniacs.

Allison:
IPB Image
I hate So What, so that number didnt do much for me. Her last two songs, however, were amazing, especially Cry Baby. She really does look way more comfortable now than on the show. I enjoyed most of her set.

Danny:
IPB Image
I actually really enjoyed his set. I mean, he ruined one of my favorite songs (Maria,Maria), but A++ for effort (AHAHA). His last two songs made me get all emotional (dont judge me). And I really dont care what people say about his speech,it was freaking inspirational. I WILL NOT BE DEFINED BY MY MISTAKES OR BY WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME. HECK NO.

Adam:
IPB Image
I liked Mad World and Slow Ride, that's it. He sounded really feminine on Starlight and on the Bowie Medley. And his dance moves are disturbing to me, sorry. Also, the throwing things on stage is getting old thumbdown.gif

Kris:
IPB Image
LOVED HIM. His whole set was so so good. Aint No Sunshine and Bright Lights were my favorites. Hey Jude was nice too. Seeing him live really proves why he is the American Idol.

Don't Stop Believin':
IPB Image

IPB Image
I liked it, but liked the first group performance better. I guess its because ive seen it so many times. Also, I was just staring at Matt and Megan the whole time, so I wasn't really paying attention. And I repeat, it will never not be creepy how Kris and Adam just pop out of nowhere roll.gif

AP review to come original.gif

This post has been edited by omgmaria: Aug 30th 2009, 12:19 PM

--------------------
AI8: Matt & Megan♥,Allison//August 18th,2009 <3
IPB Image
Were pretty much a dysfunctional family, so we love each other, and we help each other out. Its a lot of fun. -Allison
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 19th 2009, 9:48 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

AI8rox
post Aug 19th 2009, 9:57 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. TV Show: Glee & PLL

Thanks for the Review! original.gif

--------------------
|I'm a Gleek.|Adam Lambert. Allison Iraheta.|Pretty Little Liars FTW|
IPB Image
+Quote Post
istoyk
post Aug 19th 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI8: Megan Joy

argh the things that I typed disappeared boo my connection

anyway, i love love love your photos omg.gif

you got a perfect mattegan shot omg <333

lol more and more people now think that 1st group number > dsb

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoozy
post Aug 19th 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: Brooke White

OMG @ YOUR MATTEGAN PICTURE!! YOU WOULD! bleh.gif wub.gif

beggin' would be my favourite part of the show too, i think. has the most plays on my iTunes. haha.gif

and. i love your random snip about your happy meal toy LOLOL.

sorry you didn't get to meet Megan. crying.gif but you got to meet Matt wub.gif.

and your trip went safely! i don't know if i could've done that by myself. soooo props to you!

This post has been edited by Snoozy: Aug 19th 2009, 10:13 AM

--------------------
ai9: didi benami, janell wheeler, siobhan magnus, casey james [twitter | tumblr | last.fm]
c.underwood, m.joy, b.white, k.allen, m.giraud, j.capshaw, e.pompeo, s.ramirez
+Quote Post
cookie_lambiex3
post Aug 19th 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

Awesome! I had the same exact seats in Dallas. grin.gif

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
AI10: Paul, Haley, James, Casey, Pia, Scotty | Sig: Me! | Av: b_fly26
"you fight to hold a smile but it's been bad for quite sometime.
well life don't move so slow. in case you didn't know, it ain't easy." ♥
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI8

my pictures turned out so much better than I thought!
well, the AP ones is another story fear.gif

and Sharon, you know I HAD to take a Mattegan picture heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Were pretty much a dysfunctional family, so we love each other, and we help each other out. Its a lot of fun. -Allison
+Quote Post
Snoozy
post Aug 19th 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #7

i know you did. bleh.gif it was probably at the top of your list. haha.gif

can't wait for your ap review. original.gif

--------------------
ai9: didi benami, janell wheeler, siobhan magnus, casey james [twitter | tumblr | last.fm]
+Quote Post
CarrieNikko#1Fan
post Aug 19th 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #8

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCDC1: Miles Faber

Great review so far! heart.gif I can't wait to read about the afterparty! w00t.gif Especially Matt. wub.gif

--------------------
heroes:radomski. holker. faber. kazmierczak. case. popowich. germer. arsenault. chbeeb.
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI8

im done writting it, I just gotta upload my pictures grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jack5791
post Aug 19th 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #10

Fav. Judge: Kara DioGuardi
Fav. AI9: Didi Benami
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen/Megan Joy

Can't wait!! The concert was awesome. And I totally agree, Adam sounded REALLY feminine during "Starlight" and parts of "Mad World." He sounded great but his voice was much higher on those songs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #11

Fav. AI8

After Party.

After the show I asked Event Staff where to go and they sent me to section 3. There I met up with Ally and her mom. We waited about 30 minutes, because they let the people with the red passes go first.

When they came to get the people with blue passes, we were the first ones in grin.gif
We literally FROZE at the door.

Ill go by order of meeting, and ill recap the conversation, because its the only way I can explain the epicness/awkwardness of each encounter haha.gif
Also, my pictures are all weird looking, so please look passed that.

* Lil,MEGAN crying.gif and Adam were all missing from the start. I saw Allison, but she left real fast, so I did not get to meet her.

We walked in and saw Kris standing there, almost no line, so we went to him first, assuming Meg was in the back.

Kris:
IPB Image
roll.gif

Me:HI KRIS! You were amazing. I understand why you won, now. (yes, it came out wrong). Can you sign this please?
I hand him all my stuff.
While he's signing, I spit out a bunch of incoherent sentences.
Kris: calm down
Me: I just want to tell you that I loved "The Way You Look Tonight", especially the part that says *I actually started singing* "and that laugh that wrinkles your nose..."
Kris: noexpression.gif
Me: Can I have a picture?
The first attempt failed.
Second try.
He randomly puts his hand on my back.
Kris: stop shaking!
I said nothing, Ally took the picture, I told him he was sweet, and he said thank you for coming laughing.gif
CONCLUSION: Kris must think im really weird.

Then we went looking for Meg, and we noticed that neither she or Lil were there crying.gif
We still had hope she would show up,though.

So then came my meeting with Matt that I will never get over for as long as I live.
IPB Image
kdfjhfjdfgoi his eyes omg.gif

When we went up to him, he was signing some things for other people. Then his Sharpie failed him. I wasnt really paying attention until like, 1 minute later

I realized he was looking for a Sharpie. I was holding one. So I handed it to him.
Matt: can I keep it?
Me: sure!
Matt: thanks girl!
Me: noexpression.gif
Matt: ill get you another one (still waiting, btw)
Me: noexpression.gif

he finishes signing the stuff, so its my turn.
Me: HI MATT!
Matt: HEY GIRL!
Me: YOU WERE MY FAVORITE, AND I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY VOTED FOR YOU IF I WASNT CANADIAN!
Matt: thanks, I dont get that alot
Me: can you sign my program and CD? you can sign the actual disc because your special, its reserved for you and for Megan.
Matt: what's your name, baby?
Me: noexpression.gif Maria.
Matt: sings "Maria,Maria, you remind of a west side story, growing up in Canada..."
Me: OMG. spaz.gif crying.gif
finishes signing.
takes picture.
Me: MATT, I LOVE YOU. can I have a hug?
*hugs me*
(he smells SO GOOD omg.gif)
Matt: you are beautiful.
REALLY MATT? REALLY? YOU WANT ME TO DIE OR SOMETHING?
ME: thank you.

and I walked away.
I swear to God I have never met someone so freaking charming.He is so freaking handsome,and his smile is deadly.
CONCLUSION: MATT HAS RUINED ALL GUYS FOR ME. FOREVER.

After we walked over to Michael.
IPB Image
He is so much shorter and overall smaller than he looks on TV. He is really handsome. So Ally's mom (who security let in without a pass :haha) told him how much she appreciated him tweeting about not meeting the fans.He went on a rant about how it was the venues fault and how he hates not meeting the fans. The man really cares.Then Ally's mom told him I was from Montreal and that I had won passes and given the other to her daughter.He asked me how I had won. I told him it was through Megan and asked him if she was coming. He said that she should have been there wacko.gif
So then he signed my program and CD. I told him how much he had impressed me and how much I loved his set. Then we took a picture and I told him how cute his kids are roll.gif

Next up was Danny.
IPB Image
I told him that I loved the fact that he sang Maria,Maria. He said he loved that song. I told him that Maria is my name.
Danny: I was singing it to you then.
Me:Matt just sang it to me (I couldnt help it)
Danny: Matt?
then he breaks into Georgia.
roll.gif
it was all really random.

After Danny, we realized that Allison had left, and that Meg and Lil werent gonna show up sad.gif

We went to see Anoop next.
IPB Image
please ignore my face.
DANNNNNNG he's tall.He's also very shy and quiet.I told him that my dad loved him since auditions and kept asking me if he had

made it lmao.gif
Then he signed my stuff and we took a picture, in which I am making the weirdest face that I dont even remember making roll.gif

Lastly, we went to see Scott (he had the longest line).
IPB Image
His brother wasnt there, instead there was this really hot dark haired guy haha.gif.
He signed my stuff and I told him that I really liked A Thousand Miles and that I had never heard a guy's version (i had forgotten about Archie).
He said thank you and that it was "interesting"...

By then, we were convinced that the girls were a no show.
Before leaving, Ally's mom wanted a picture with Matt.
I went with them and stood to the side.

MATT STARTED SINGING MARIA,MARIA AGAIN omg.gif
he gave me the biggest freaking smile.
I dont even know how i didnt pass out.

So as we were leaving, most of the Idols started to leave too.
Before I left, I had to do one last thing.

Me: Hey Matt...MATT!
He looks up at me.
Me: that Sharpie will always remind you of me grin.gif
BIG SMILE AGAIN.

I left the room shaking.

THE END.

This post has been edited by omgmaria: Aug 21st 2009, 1:33 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Snoozy
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #12

Matt called you baby? omg.gif noexpression.gif omg ihu. LOL

and LOL @ at your meet with Danny.

btw, you're gorgeous, girl!

This post has been edited by Snoozy: Aug 19th 2009, 12:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
CarrieNikko#1Fan
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #13

WOW. omg.gif Am I ever jealous of your review of Matt! OMG that is actually so amazing!! spaz.gif spaz.gif And Matt's right, you are beautiful! heart.gif

This post has been edited by CarrieNikko#1Fan: Aug 19th 2009, 12:04 PM

--------------------
heroes:radomski. holker. faber. kazmierczak. case. popowich. germer. arsenault. chbeeb.
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI8

QUOTE(Snoozy @ Aug 19th 2009, 1:01 PM) *

Matt called you baby? omg.gif noexpression.gif omg ihu. LOL

and LOL @ at your meet with Danny.

btw, you're gorgeous, girl!

thank you heart.gif
if you still think so after seeing my picture with Anoop roll.gif

QUOTE(CarrieNikko#1Fan @ Aug 19th 2009, 1:03 PM) *

WOW. omg.gif Am I ever jealous of your review of Matt! OMG that is actually so amazing!! spaz.gif spaz.gif

im still like this noexpression.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jack5791
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #15

Fav. Judge: Kara DioGuardi
Fav. AI9: Didi Benami
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen/Megan Joy

I'm so happy you had an awesome time meeting the ones you met. Loved your Kris review, haha!

I'm so bummed you didn't get to meet Megan sad.gif That is really strange that her and Lil just didn't show up but you seemed to have had an awesome experience with Matt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CarrieNikko#1Fan
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #16

I have actually never been so jealous of reading a review. Two of my goals were to get Matt to call me baby and to sing to me. lmao.gif And you got both, PLUS he called you beautiful. Ah! w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AI8rox
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #17

Fav. TV Show: Glee & PLL

I love the Matt story!!! original.gif heart.gif

--------------------
|I'm a Gleek.|Adam Lambert. Allison Iraheta.|Pretty Little Liars FTW|
IPB Image
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI8

yeah, it seemed really weird to me that both Lil and Meg werent there and then Allison left.
Michael said she was supposed to be there.

and I did have a great experience with Matt.
and I sang to Kris Allen ph34rwave.gif
You can all be embarassed for me.

This post has been edited by omgmaria: Aug 30th 2009, 12:21 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hazuki
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #19

Stomp, Stomp. I have arrived

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. XFUS3: Ellona Santiago

Yay Maria original.gif good review!

--------------------
IPB Image
twitter|tumblr|last.fm|Credit: Jack
AI13:Jess Meuse, Jena Asciutto, Malaya Watson, Austin Wolfe, Kristen O Connor, George Lovett
+Quote Post
omgmaria
post Aug 19th 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI8

thanks!
I kinda wish I had gotten more pictures at the AP, but my camera (and head) were failing me ph34rwave.gif

This post has been edited by omgmaria: Aug 19th 2009, 12:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 25th 2014, 1:08 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol