Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question to Jason fans, From a Matt fan
catirahicks
post Aug 2nd 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams

Hey guys!

I am Matt G fan and lately there's been buzz about Matt possibly inking a major record deal outside SonyBMG. Maybe with Universal or Warner.

We Matt fans are so anxious to get some news but it looks we are going to have to wait some time.
I was wondering? unsure.gif

When did you guys find out Jason was signed to Atlantic? Did he hinted something when he was on the AI tour or did he never say anything until the announcement was made? What did he tell his fans between the end of the AI tour and the press release?

I just wanted to know so I can know what to expect down the road with Matt. It's going to be very nerve wracking going through this till next year. sad.gif

Please if any of you would let know more details I would really appreciate. Apparently is a very long process to get signed by another major label outside SONY/BMG right?

BTW Good luck to Jason. I am sure he will do great with his new album. He has so many fans! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 2nd 2009, 10:58 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

hollister_yo
post Aug 4th 2009, 3:32 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

I think Jason just got signed a couple months ago. So it was a while after idol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
cookie
post Aug 4th 2009, 7:40 PM
Post #3

Fav. ALL TIME IDOL: Jason Castro

Not meaning to bum you out but it can take a very long time. Jason did not get signed until April of this year. Jason took his time and negotiated for exactly what he wanted. It is all good and I am sure that the CD will be awesome...Thanks for the good wishes! flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
rockandrollpig
post Aug 4th 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. villain: Squidward

Hi Catirah. It does take some time especially if 19 or any AI affiliate recording company does not sign him up.

Also, I think there's a stipulation in their contract that non-winners (except the first runner up) are not allowed to release anything after 6 months following the release of the top 2's debut album.

So yeah it does take a lot of patience as a fan but a major recording contract outside 19 is worth the wait

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
cookie
post Aug 4th 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #5

Fav. ALL TIME IDOL: Jason Castro

QUOTE(rockandrollpig @ Aug 5th 2009, 12:27 AM) *

Hi Catirah. It does take some time especially if 19 or any AI affiliate recording company does not sign him up.

Also, I think there's a stipulation in their contract that non-winners (except the first runner up) are not allowed to release anything after 6 months following the release of the top 2's debut album.

So yeah it does take a lot of patience as a fan but a major recording contract outside 19 is worth the wait

ain't it the truth... thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
PurpleSoda
post Aug 9th 2009, 2:47 PM
Post #6

Fav. Show : South Park, Conan

Hello Catirah. bye1.gif

Rocky is pretty much right, but I think no one is allowed to release anything before the winner does, EXCEPT if they were signed by 19E. So the ranking does not matter. It's more of on who 19E signed to a recording contract. This is why the likes of Pickler, (6th) Kristy Lee (7th), Daughtry (4th), were all able to release before the winners during their season did.

Also, all the non winning idols have to wait for the 6 months period to expire before they can enter into any contract with labels outside the 19E group. This would only apply if they were not offered a contract by 19E. If they were offered a contract but they turned it down,the waiting period is longer.

I'm sure Matt he will eventually get signed. The fact that he is not signed to 19E could very well be a blessing in disguise. Under a different label, Matt will have more creative control and a bigger chance to do things his way.

Don't worry too much that you're not hearing anything definite yet. You will feel all sorts of emotions up until the final announcement from the label is made.

This post has been edited by PurpleSoda: Aug 9th 2009, 3:32 PM

--------------------
I ♥ Mi Dulce Hermanita MARISOL |Taylor, Chris, Jason, David * AI 5, 7 & 11 ♥♥♥
IPB Image
+Quote Post
rockandrollpig
post Aug 12th 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. villain: Squidward

Yup Purps pretty much summed up the whole thing.

Yes, you really got to be patient. This forums used to be super crowded with people and look how many are left now hahaha.

I hope Matt does get signed. He is really talented and yeah, a major record deal outside is 19Evil is a real blessing.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 22nd 2014, 10:26 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol