Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> I asked Adam why he never meets fans in the afternoon, his honest answer, plus a message to his fans!
RandomPenguin
post Jul 19th 2009, 2:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know what Adam said to me in regards to his not coming out to meet the fans before the show.... as well as an additional message from Adam!

I said "Adam, your fans want to know why you don't come out in the afternoon."

He answered "I come out after the show."

I asked "But why don't you come out before?"

And he said "Because it's hot. I'm tired. I have to sing 5 songs and want to rest my voice -- those songs are HIGH!" (and he kind of grabbed at his throat when he said that. It was kind of funny). Then he said "Tell them to come out after to meet me. I'd love to meet them after."

I thanked him and started to walk away, but then he stopped me and said "Could you tell them something else for me? Could you tell them that I'm going to start a charity or something soon, and that I would rather they don't spend their money buying things for me that I don't need... and I don't really have much space to put it on a bus anyway, ya know?" He then said that if the fans draw him a picture or write a poem, he thinks that is cool, but that he thinks their money should go to a better cause

So there you have it! If you want to meet Adam, go after because he will not come out before the show, and donate to a charity!

--------------------
Banana: A yellow fruit. Also, a kind of pudding. A delicious pudding.

"Something nice to remember when you're on the internet:Those are real people you're posting to/about" -- Felicia Day
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 19th 2009, 2:54 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Virginiaidol
post Jul 19th 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #2

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. SYTYCD

Thank you Adam for always being honest. I love that you know what you need to do to take care of yourself. Your voice is a rare instrument, and I love that you respect it, and us, enough to take care of it. We do recognize the high notes, and how much energy you give to every performance.

I appreciate that all afternoon you have formal meet and greets, and press. Then you sing the most difficult, and energetic performance of the 10. And then you go to yet another after party. I'm just amazed you can come out at all. We all know how much you love your fans and you are trying to give us your all. Gee, then all the recording in between.

Do what you need to do. The East Coasters are counting on it!!! Ha!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Flyte
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:02 AM
Post #3

I like that he was honest, but I don't understand why you asked him, when you were already in the privileged postion of meeting him.

I would have thought it was obvious why he doesn't make himself public property all the time and I don't really like that he was put on the spot like that. Sorry.

This post has been edited by Flyte: Jul 19th 2009, 3:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MsAdamsEve
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:07 AM
Post #4

Um- unless u hear adam tell u directly that he does not want presents, I would not believe it

he has said over and over that he likes the gifts

I think asking him why he does not come out to greet fans is rude, sorry

DO NOT BELIEVE THE OP!!!! Sorry!

and OPs faves from s8 are kris and matt....

This post has been edited by MsAdamsEve: Jul 19th 2009, 3:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RandomPenguin
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Flyte @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:02 AM) *

I like that he was honest, but I don't understand why you asked him, when you were already in the privileged postion of meeting him.

I would have thought it was obvious why he doesn't make himself public property all the time and I don't really like that he was put on the spot like that. Sorry.

Because everybody had been asking why he doesn't come out, and hoping that he was going to start coming out early as the tour went on. There were speculations that it was because of press, because he had to do his makeup, even because of security issues! It was clear that is was NOT obvious as to why Adam didn't come out. I just wanted to be able to set the record straight, and save some Glamberts an afternoon of waiting in the hot sun for something that was never going to happen (over the past few days, I have seen MANY disappointed people do this). so I asked him and he told me to let the fans know that he will come out after the show, so to come then and not to expect him before original.gif

For the record, he didn't seem uncomfortable answering the question one little bit, and repeated that I should tell the fans more than once.

This post has been edited by RandomPenguin: Jul 19th 2009, 3:10 AM

--------------------

"Something nice to remember when you're on the internet:Those are real people you're posting to/about" -- Felicia Day
+Quote Post
suicideblonde
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:10 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. HBIC: Adam Lambert

well, I believe the OP. Adam said once before that he was planning to set up a charity and preferred for fans to donate to that rather than give him gifts.

thanks for passing along his message. flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RandomPenguin
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:13 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(MsAdamsEve @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:07 AM) *

Um- unless u hear adam tell u directly that he does not want presents, I would not believe it

I have some of it on video if you really want me to post it...

You're right, Adam is not my favorite. That's why I didn't mind using my one chance to meet him to ask him that question.

YES, he said he appreciates the gifts, but thinks the money could be put to better use! That is what he said. Sorry if that bothers you blarg.gif

QUOTE(suicideblonde @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:10 AM) *

well, I believe the OP. Adam said once before that he was planning to set up a charity and preferred for fans to donate to that rather than give him gifts.

thanks for passing along his message. flowers.gif

Thank you for being nice and not attacking me! thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by RandomPenguin: Jul 19th 2009, 3:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
crackthatwhip
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:13 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI8: Kradam

QUOTE(MsAdamsEve @ Jul 19th 2009, 3:07 AM) *

Adam has said in interviews that he'd rather people donate to charity. I definitely think this poster is telling the truth.

--------------------
i've got desperate desires and unadmirable plans
+Quote Post
Sweetgracie79
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:19 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(RandomPenguin @ Jul 19th 2009, 2:54 AM) *

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know what Adam said to me in regards to his not coming out to meet the fans before the show.... as well as an additional message from Adam!

I said "Adam, your fans want to know why you don't come out in the afternoon."

He answered "I come out after the show."

I asked "But why don't you come out before?"

And he said "Because it's hot. I'm tired. I have to sing 5 songs and want to rest my voice -- those songs are HIGH!" (and he kind of grabbed at his throat when he said that. It was kind of funny). Then he said "Tell them to come out after to meet me. I'd love to meet them after."

I thanked him and started to walk away, but then he stopped me and said "Could you tell them something else for me? Could you tell them that I'm going to start a charity or something soon, and that I would rather they don't spend their money buying things for me that I don't need... and I don't really have much space to put it on a bus anyway, ya know?" He then said that if the fans draw him a picture or write a poem, he thinks that is cool, but that he thinks their money should go to a better cause

So there you have it! If you want to meet Adam, go after because he will not come out before the show, and donate to a charity!

It may sound weird but I alreay tweeted to Adam about this.

He has to do 50 shows for about two months and that's crazy

Comparing to other contestants, he puts a lot of energy on the show, and the most of songs he has to sing is crazily high notes songs/.

That's gonna a lot of work for him

So I was really really worried at first because no matter how powerful person he might be, I knew he would have some problems handling that.

I used to sing so I know how hard it is to have those big shows in a row like 50 times.

So at first I just tweeted Adam that he should've not consist of those crazy songs everywhere and he should've thought about all situations that he has to record an album at the same time.

I know both of them are really important for him but I care him more I care his throat more.

Well, and moving by bus thing, AW! that's the worst part for the SINGERS

The atmosphere in the bus is really horrible, I normally don't get cold a lot but when I had really important audition about several yrs ago, I had a horrible cold while I was sleeping in the bus.

Anyways, I totally understand no matter what, and He is very sensitive one I know, (he doesn't look like that though)

Now I have no choice but to pray for him, srsly I don't care whether this tour ends right now I do think he needs some rest for him and for his throat . For the singers taking a rest is the always best part, he needs enough sleep and rest. Well, the things he has to do right now is pretty crazy, He ALSO HAS TO MAKE RECORDS AT THE SAME TIME DANG. I want to suggest him to change some songs from wild things to a bit soft ones but that's his choice.

Well, he shouldn't use his voice THAT MUCH.

I hope he could get through this till the end AMEN

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mala
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:21 AM
Post #10

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. thing right now: TRUEBLOOD

Thanks for posting what he told you. I wish people would leave him alone about it now but somehow I doubt that.

I really hope Adam nominates a charity soon or sets up a foundation. I would be first in line to donate. I love that he is so considerate like that wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
angelxtreme
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #11

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis

He's coming out after the shows , I'm sure the fans won't mind getting their autographs then grin.gif

Very sweet about the charity , will definitely donate. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #12

What aboout Sophie's Heart? People couuld donate there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tinydolly
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:28 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI5: Ace Young

I believe the OP but what I despise is that people will still not accept his answer as a vaild reason.

Thx for the info but I'd still love to see any Adam video haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
sig by SouthernGirl
+Quote Post
suicideblonde
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:31 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. HBIC: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Tinydolly @ Jul 19th 2009, 3:28 AM) *

I'd rather not see the video. it's the kind of thing that could get twisted into Adam being a diva~ you know? I think he's totally justified but of course the h8ers will find a way to use his answer against him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RandomPenguin
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:34 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(angelxtreme @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:26 AM) *

He's coming out after the shows , I'm sure the fans won't mind getting their autographs then grin.gif

Very sweet about the charity , will definitely donate. flowers.gif

Yeah, he seems to be REALLY good at meeting the fans after the show! I am actually impressed at how well he seems to handle the crowd yes.gif

QUOTE(suicideblonde @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:31 AM) *

I'd rather not see the video. it's the kind of thing that could get twisted into Adam being a diva~ you know? I think he's totally justified but of course the h8ers will find a way to use his answer against him.

I agree, I probably shouldn't post it. Only, watching it back, the only part my sister videod (is that a word? tongue.gif) is the part about the charity... eh, I still probably should just leave it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mala
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:34 AM
Post #16

Fav. Judge: Simon Cowell
Fav. thing right now: TRUEBLOOD

QUOTE(Tinydolly @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:28 AM) *

I believe the OP but what I despise is that people will still not accept his answer as a vaild reason.

yes it also annoys me beyond description that some people will still find a way to twistt his against him.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BGE2009
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:43 AM
Post #17

Good for him! I respect Adam for taking good care of himself...that's an amazing thing he's doing. And good for him for speaking the truth as only Adam can!

This is a grueling tour schedule that they are booked on and there's no way they get any down time to rest and recuperate until the tour is over in mid-September. My son is in the industry and he's been on tour many times....he says the same thing. He goes nowhere but from his hotel room to the theatre on show days. Absolutely Adam needs to concentrate on making sure he's healthy and well-rested so he doesn't get sick and miss a show.

He really doesn't owe it to us to come out and meet and greet us...it's a privilege when he does and a huge "awwwww" when he can't.

"God was just showing off when he made Adam Lambert." innocent.gif
~ Unknown

--------------------
...the boy who fell, magically and mysteriously, to Earth...
Glambert #4000
+Quote Post
RandomPenguin
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:48 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(BGE2009 @ Jul 19th 2009, 1:43 AM) *

Good for him! I respect Adam for taking good care of himself...that's an amazing thing he's doing. And good for him for speaking the truth as only Adam can!

This is a grueling tour schedule that they are booked on and there's no way they get any down time to rest and recuperate until the tour is over in mid-September. My son is in the industry and he's been on tour many times....he says the same thing. He goes nowhere but from his hotel room to the theatre on show days. Absolutely Adam needs to concentrate on making sure he's healthy and well-rested so he doesn't get sick and miss a show.

He really doesn't owe it to us to come out and meet and greet us...it's a privilege when he does and a huge "awwwww" when he can't.

"God was just showing off when he made Adam Lambert." innocent.gif
~ Unknown

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to say "Lambert is a jerk!" or anything. I completely understand why he doesn't come out, and he has every right not to. I was just trying to save some people the trouble of waiting around all day in the hot sun when he wouldn't come out, and Adam told me to make sure you guys knew to come out after if you want to meet him.

Sorry again if I upset anyone, though...

This post has been edited by RandomPenguin: Jul 19th 2009, 3:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calliope
post Jul 19th 2009, 3:55 AM
Post #19

I believe you and don't think you were painting Adam as a jerk. I quite like how blunt he is about it, actually, since he could have made up an excuse. Actually, some people will still see it as an excuse (not implying you), but honestly, not Idols have the same demands on them, including past winners and fan favorites, and Adam's a lot more savvy on how to pace himself/save his voice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
calislug
post Jul 19th 2009, 5:52 AM
Post #20

I think that question was a little blunt and not sure you should have found it your question to ask. I mean, shouldn't a Lambert fan who was conversing with him ask this question instead? It sounds like you were hugging Kris and Matt and then approached Adam only to ask him a question that deals with him and his fans, even though you aren't one. But whatever, what's done is done.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 2nd 2014, 9:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol