Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Live Comcast chat with Scott happening right Now!
EdenAngel
post Jun 10th 2009, 4:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

He answered my question!

[Comment From Bridget]
Your brother Todd also has a beautiful voice - why didn't he audition for American Idol too? Also is he single?

5:12 Scott MacIntyre: Hahahaha... Well, first of all... I should consult with him (he happens to be right here). Todd did audition for American Idol as did my sister, Katelyn... and we almost all made it to see the judges. Then they said they only wanted to put one of us through. That's all I was hoping for, no matter which one of us got through. Todd does have a great voice. We have done some collaborations, we had a punk-pop band called The Glutes, that still exists. I haven't been a part of it while in Idol, but it's definitely a side project I hope to rejoin in the years to come.

5:13 Scott MacIntyre: You'll have to ask him if he's single, go to The Glutes MySpace,

(I think his brother is so cute tongue.gif )

other interesting questions and answers:
[Comment From Debi]
Hi Scott, you did amazing on the dance routines, was it hard to do?? Also can you give a shout out to my 10 year old daughter Danielle!!

5:20 Scott MacIntyre: Hi, Danielle! I hope you're having a great day and thanks for your support, and I hope you and your mom can join us on tour. It was definitely a new experience for me, I had a little bit of dance in my background, but doing so much choreography and having it change before shows. What people might not realize is in addition to the choreography, there's an additional layer of memorizing where the cameras are at any point in the song. They'd tell me, on this word in this verse, the camera's going to be off your right shoulder. Then on this line, you're going to look to the left and slowly move along as you're singing. I really had to memorize every angle.

5:20 [Comment From Paige]
Has your visual imparement ever made you feel left out or weaker during the competition? did it ever bring you down or exclude you?

5:21 Scott MacIntyre: That's a tough question. I don't believe it ever excluded me in a big way. I do everything I can not to let it get me down, because it would be very easy for that to happen. But I've never let it stop me in my life and I didn't let it stop me in American Idol, and to anyone out there with a visual impairment or any challenge at all that isn't even physical, I would hope that my run on Idol, being able to accomplish my dreams and stand on that stage, would give people the capacity in themselves to reach their goals.

:22 [Comment From adamlover]
How did you learn to play piano? I would like to learn one too...

5:23 Scott MacIntyre: I started playing piano by ear at age 3 and my parents used to put me to bed with tapes to listen to with Disney music or praise and worship music from church. Instead of falling to sleep, I would sneak out to our old piano and try to figure out the melodies by listening to the tapes. My parents could tell I was interested and they did everything they could to encourages that. I think part of the reason I've been drawn to music or sound is because of my lack of vision. I've been forced to compensate for it with my love for music and sound. I've approached my music and songwriting in a way I wouldn't otherwise

[Comment From Jenine]
What was your greatest struggle that you face in American Idol?

5:27 Scott MacIntyre: Song choice, because I took it so seriously. There's so many things to consider when picking a song to perform for 30 million viewers out there. I knew that everyone would be talking about what I sang each week and would be looking up to me and taking to heart the lyrics I sang and the message I was bringing. So there were a lot of factors. I wanted to pick song that had great melodies and allowed me to show my vocal range. But also, very important, were the lyrics to me. I tried to pick songs that had a message I could believe in, were relateable. The last thing I was going to do was stand there and sing a lie. There was always some kind of message embedded with each performance.
[Comment From Sarah]
Looking ahead on your life, where do you hope to be in 10 years?

5:31 Scott MacIntyre: In 10 years, I see my career as three-fold, at least musically... I plan to be performing, having another tour and another. I won't leave you guys hanging out there too long between them. I plan to have albums out -- a couple more, by then. Songwriting is going to be a major part of my career for myself and other singers and bands. And production has always been a big part of what I do and a big interest of mine, so down the road I hope to be doing a lot more work as a producer for artists who are in the position I'm in right now, starting out and getting established. I love bringing out the best in a band or artist.

5:32 Scott MacIntyre: And fourth, I've been really privileged to be able to do a lot of inspirational speaking, and that's something I hope to continue doing a lot more of now that I've been on Idol. I'd also, along those lines, like to write a book about my experience and capture what I have to say to people overcoming obstacles in their lives.

5:32 [Comment From Brandy]
You are truly an admirable person and I know many people you have touched. What advice would you give others that want to pursue their dreams?

5:33 Scott MacIntyre: The main thing I would say is never give up. There have been so many times where I've felt like the door of the music industry has been closed on me completely and I've been up against a brick wall again and again wondering why I couldn't get my music out there. I never knew that American Idol would be the vehicle to get me where I needed to go. So never stop dreaming just beacuse the dream hasn't come true yet. If there's something you want to do. If you work hard and long enough on making something happen, eventually it's going to happen. I've done my share of the hard work over the years and it's a dream come true to see it pay off, and I owe it in large part to all you who've supported me in the process... I wouldn't be here without you.

5:34 Scott MacIntyre: Thanks to all you guys for your questions. I wish I could keep answering them all day. If you didn't get to ask me, go to MySpace or Twitter. I hope we can stay in touch. Been a pleasure to speak to you guys and I hope to meet you all on tour. And wear your red in support of Scott!

This post has been edited by EdenAngel: Jun 10th 2009, 4:38 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 10th 2009, 4:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Janienjm
post Jun 10th 2009, 9:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

QUOTE(EdenAngel @ Jun 10th 2009, 4:27 PM) *

He answered my question!

[Comment From Bridget]
Your brother Todd also has a beautiful voice - why didn't he audition for American Idol too? Also is he single?

5:12 Scott MacIntyre: Hahahaha... Well, first of all... I should consult with him (he happens to be right here). Todd did audition for American Idol as did my sister, Katelyn... and we almost all made it to see the judges. Then they said they only wanted to put one of us through. That's all I was hoping for, no matter which one of us got through. Todd does have a great voice. We have done some collaborations, we had a punk-pop band called The Glutes, that still exists. I haven't been a part of it while in Idol, but it's definitely a side project I hope to rejoin in the years to come.

5:13 Scott MacIntyre: You'll have to ask him if he's single, go to The Glutes MySpace,

(I think his brother is so cute tongue.gif )

other interesting questions and answers:
[Comment From Debi]
Hi Scott, you did amazing on the dance routines, was it hard to do?? Also can you give a shout out to my 10 year old daughter Danielle!!

5:20 Scott MacIntyre: Hi, Danielle! I hope you're having a great day and thanks for your support, and I hope you and your mom can join us on tour. It was definitely a new experience for me, I had a little bit of dance in my background, but doing so much choreography and having it change before shows. What people might not realize is in addition to the choreography, there's an additional layer of memorizing where the cameras are at any point in the song. They'd tell me, on this word in this verse, the camera's going to be off your right shoulder. Then on this line, you're going to look to the left and slowly move along as you're singing. I really had to memorize every angle.

5:20 [Comment From Paige]
Has your visual imparement ever made you feel left out or weaker during the competition? did it ever bring you down or exclude you?

5:21 Scott MacIntyre: That's a tough question. I don't believe it ever excluded me in a big way. I do everything I can not to let it get me down, because it would be very easy for that to happen. But I've never let it stop me in my life and I didn't let it stop me in American Idol, and to anyone out there with a visual impairment or any challenge at all that isn't even physical, I would hope that my run on Idol, being able to accomplish my dreams and stand on that stage, would give people the capacity in themselves to reach their goals.

:22 [Comment From adamlover]
How did you learn to play piano? I would like to learn one too...

5:23 Scott MacIntyre: I started playing piano by ear at age 3 and my parents used to put me to bed with tapes to listen to with Disney music or praise and worship music from church. Instead of falling to sleep, I would sneak out to our old piano and try to figure out the melodies by listening to the tapes. My parents could tell I was interested and they did everything they could to encourages that. I think part of the reason I've been drawn to music or sound is because of my lack of vision. I've been forced to compensate for it with my love for music and sound. I've approached my music and songwriting in a way I wouldn't otherwise

[Comment From Jenine]
What was your greatest struggle that you face in American Idol?

5:27 Scott MacIntyre: Song choice, because I took it so seriously. There's so many things to consider when picking a song to perform for 30 million viewers out there. I knew that everyone would be talking about what I sang each week and would be looking up to me and taking to heart the lyrics I sang and the message I was bringing. So there were a lot of factors. I wanted to pick song that had great melodies and allowed me to show my vocal range. But also, very important, were the lyrics to me. I tried to pick songs that had a message I could believe in, were relateable. The last thing I was going to do was stand there and sing a lie. There was always some kind of message embedded with each performance.
[Comment From Sarah]
Looking ahead on your life, where do you hope to be in 10 years?

5:31 Scott MacIntyre: In 10 years, I see my career as three-fold, at least musically... I plan to be performing, having another tour and another. I won't leave you guys hanging out there too long between them. I plan to have albums out -- a couple more, by then. Songwriting is going to be a major part of my career for myself and other singers and bands. And production has always been a big part of what I do and a big interest of mine, so down the road I hope to be doing a lot more work as a producer for artists who are in the position I'm in right now, starting out and getting established. I love bringing out the best in a band or artist.

5:32 Scott MacIntyre: And fourth, I've been really privileged to be able to do a lot of inspirational speaking, and that's something I hope to continue doing a lot more of now that I've been on Idol. I'd also, along those lines, like to write a book about my experience and capture what I have to say to people overcoming obstacles in their lives.

5:32 [Comment From Brandy]
You are truly an admirable person and I know many people you have touched. What advice would you give others that want to pursue their dreams?

5:33 Scott MacIntyre: The main thing I would say is never give up. There have been so many times where I've felt like the door of the music industry has been closed on me completely and I've been up against a brick wall again and again wondering why I couldn't get my music out there. I never knew that American Idol would be the vehicle to get me where I needed to go. So never stop dreaming just beacuse the dream hasn't come true yet. If there's something you want to do. If you work hard and long enough on making something happen, eventually it's going to happen. I've done my share of the hard work over the years and it's a dream come true to see it pay off, and I owe it in large part to all you who've supported me in the process... I wouldn't be here without you.

5:34 Scott MacIntyre: Thanks to all you guys for your questions. I wish I could keep answering them all day. If you didn't get to ask me, go to MySpace or Twitter. I hope we can stay in touch. Been a pleasure to speak to you guys and I hope to meet you all on tour. And wear your red in support of Scott!

thanks for posted this!

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 10:06 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol