Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Before posting a question, read this!

Before posting a question, check the FAQ forum first! When posting a question, please use a descriptive topic title and be as detailed as you can in your post so that we can better assist you.

Note: This forum is reserved for questions and feedback for our forums/website only! If you have questions not related to our forums/website like computer questions, please direct those to Off-Topic.

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [RESOLVED]Virus on this site?
Libracats
post May 25th 2009, 4:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Sorry this is off topic but not sure where to post it. I'm only interested in talking about Adam. I just signed up to post on this site and my computer was blasted with all kinds of viruses. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to remove them. Anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 25th 2009, 4:12 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Juliana!
post May 25th 2009, 4:14 PM
Post #2

Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD5: Phillip Chbeeb

Nope. But, I also have an ad blocker that I use with firefox, so that probably helps me lol

--------------------
♥Adam Mitchel Lambert♥'09:5/26 8/7 8/11 8/12 8/16 11/25 | '10:2/12
IPB Image
AI8: Adam Lambert || SYTYCD: Jeanine || AI9: Tim; Tim's Abs; Tim's Face || CORLIANA<3 || Sig by MEL!
+Quote Post
BlissTheAssassin
post May 25th 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI9: Casey James

I haven't had any viruses.
I do have trouble opening some pages though at times and I get a pop up saying my internet connection cant open the page.

--------------------
IPB Image
Signature by biancaw Avatar by DavidA_Carrie
+Quote Post
istersay
post May 25th 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #4

Search and Destroy
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Moved to the Questions/Comments forum. If you check out some of the other threads in here, you'll see a lot of suggestions and comments about virus problems. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Libracats
post May 25th 2009, 4:20 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(istersay @ May 25th 2009, 2:16 PM) *

Moved to the Questions/Comments forum. If you check out some of the other threads in here, you'll see a lot of suggestions and comments about virus problems. original.gif

Thanks I'll take a look.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Josy
post May 25th 2009, 4:24 PM
Post #6

I have Norton Deluxe, plus I use Mozilla (I never use Explorer) and also added Yahoo Anti-Spy so I never have any problems, never had any warning here but I had warnings from Norton a quite a few time on sites that I Googled. An anti-virus IS A MUST!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Libracats
post May 25th 2009, 4:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Libracats @ May 25th 2009, 2:20 PM) *

Thanks I'll take a look.

As soon as I activated this site, I got all these warnings. My computer pulled up a virus scan, one I didn't have on my computer, scanned my computer and found 1900 threats. All worms and trojans
A lot of them called Win32 tojan but there are a lot of other names too. Most say either virus, worm or trojan I am running my regular virus scan and so far its not bringing up anything. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?

QUOTE(Josy @ May 25th 2009, 2:24 PM) *

I have Norton Deluxe, plus I use Mozilla (I never use Explorer) and also added Yahoo Anti-Spy so I never have any problems, never had any warning here but I had warnings from Norton a quite a few time on sites that I Googled. An anti-virus IS A MUST!

I have an antivirus. I have had no trouble until just now. I also use Firefox, not IE.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kimmy
post May 25th 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. Fav. CI: Jacob Hoggard

QUOTE(Libracats @ May 25th 2009, 5:28 PM) *

As soon as I activated this site, I got all these warnings. My computer pulled up a virus scan, one I didn't have on my computer, scanned my computer and found 1900 threats. All worms and trojans
A lot of them called Win32 tojan but there are a lot of other names too. Most say either virus, worm or trojan I am running my regular virus scan and so far its not bringing up anything. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?
I have an antivirus. I have had no trouble until just now. I also use Firefox, not IE.

Does it show up in a firefox window with a question asking yes or no, or something like that??? It's a pop up. I get it all the time when I'm on here - just hit esc when it pops up.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Libracats
post May 26th 2009, 8:00 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(kimmy @ May 25th 2009, 8:38 PM) *

Does it show up in a firefox window with a question asking yes or no, or something like that??? It's a pop up. I get it all the time when I'm on here - just hit esc when it pops up.

Ok so I figured it all out. I never had any viruses. What happened was when I signed up here (and I still believe it had something to do with signing up here, because it happened right as I was doing it) a malicious antivirus software was downloaded onto my computer. I had no idea why the new antivirus software was popping up and telling me to run a virus scan, but I went ahead and ran one. At the end, it told me I had 1900 viruses ranging from trojans to different worms and that I needed to register their software (and pay them) to have them remove all the viruses. Fortunately for me, I am sort of the stingy type when it comes to paying for things without doing a lot of research first to see if I can get it cheaper or free. So I didn't do it. I instead ran the free virus protection I already have on my computer (AVG) and it told me I had no viruses. All night last night I kept getting all these pop ups from this new virus protection that I had very serious viruses and they could steal all my passwords. Last night I also ran Spybot but it didn't seem to do anything right away. But this morning as I was turning on my computer a pop-up came in from Spy-bot telling me they had removed a malicious antivirus program. Yeah!!!! It was gone. No more problems after that.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
buzz
post May 29th 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #10

buzz live!
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Administrators

Fav. AI3: Jasmine Trias
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. TV show: 24

It's a shady business. Some 'virus scanners' actually just pictures from ads, which isn't even a real virus scanner. It scares you into thinking you have something just so you can buy their stuff. It's like those ads that say "You have 1 new message".

--------------------
buzz  IPB Image
neurox media
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 7:45 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol