Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adam Lambert The Early Show on CBS, First Live Performance in New York on Tuesday
kellySGfan
post May 28th 2009, 7:45 AM
Post #281

Group: Members

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(LaStupenda @ May 28th 2009, 7:42 AM) *

Don't worry. Even though it sucks now, all bets are off when their albums are released, and I would be willing to bet my $1,800 camera that Adam will be doing lots of international appearances as well. Kris? Not so much.

hell yea!! and i'd pay a million bucks to see him (IF i have that kinda money) if he comes to Singapore haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
-Charlene the Singapore lambskank- Adam Lambert IS the American Idol.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 28th 2009, 7:45 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

WshUpnASta
post May 28th 2009, 7:46 AM
Post #282

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(WshUpnASta @ May 28th 2009, 8:20 AM) *

Is he only singing Mad World?

He was alone on channel 13 here in Maine, and now he's going to be on Channel 6 here in Maine. But on 6, he's with Kris.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blue*Rose
post May 28th 2009, 7:48 AM
Post #283

Adam Lambert Fan

QUOTE(michelleN @ May 28th 2009, 8:36 PM) *

Why isn't he singing another song? (Kris is doing Heartless as well) Why isn't he doing more shows? (Kris has Jimmy Fallon, Leno and Ellen more than Adam as far as i know) Why aren't his shows spread out?

Rhetorical questions. No need for answers sad.gif

ARGH! Its moments like these that make me resent the fact that Kris was crowned. More publicity --> Heartless & No Boundaries sell better (because this culture is just that predictable) --> Painful gloating from a portion of the masses angry.gif I thought i was slowly moving to the Acceptance phase. Honestly, Adam makes for a much more worthwhile interviewee. Can't wait until after the tour when he'll be unrestrained to do lots of interviews to promote his album!

Oh Michelle, when will you quit whining? I hope never since I like that you are doing it for me. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LaStupenda
post May 28th 2009, 7:58 AM
Post #284

Hey Blu-Has Adam been on GDNY yet?

--------------------
Thanks sweetlilfighter for my avi!
+Quote Post
Claudette
post May 28th 2009, 7:58 AM
Post #285

It's going to depend on who Adam hires as his mangement. Archie didn't get to do any Christmas or New year's specials. As the runner-up Adam does not have to sign with 19 Management. 19 Management manages all the Idols through the tour, then they only manage with winner. They can opt for Adam, but Adam is free to go elsewhere, and most runner-ups do go elsewhere. Otherwise they are always in competition from the winner and always kept at "runner-up" status.

I would bet anything that the top management people are wanting to represent Adam. It's the management that has the "in" with different shows and media. Not having to sign with Fuller might be Adam's best gift from being runner-up. Fantasia just left them and said they were awful pr people and weren't on the ball. Kelly Clarkson left too with some not so kind words for them.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LaStupenda
post May 28th 2009, 8:01 AM
Post #286

FWIW, Kelly actually got her BEST promo when she was with 19E and it dropped like a rock after she left, but she's back on an upswing since she's gotten a new manager. Her manager is Narvel Blackstock (Reba McEntire's husband)

--------------------
+Quote Post
*lambchop*
post May 28th 2009, 8:02 AM
Post #287

Aw, boo, I missed the interview! I was toggling back & forth between this & the Today Show. Did manage to catch Mad World, though.

Thanks again to the cappers, and for those of you who attended and are sharing recaps & pics! flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
sig blend & avi by the *fabulous* raphy23
+Quote Post
Claudette
post May 28th 2009, 8:05 AM
Post #288

If he doesn't want to always be the "runner-up" to Kris, then he needs to go with another management company. Kris will always get the winner status and will get to be on the Christmas/New Year's shows over Adam, etc. A separate management firm will not care that Kris won, and will fight for Adam. It also brings in new and different connections so they aren't competing over the same spots and promos.

They lost a lot of stuff for Clay because they had to make sure Ruben was kept at "winner status level".

This post has been edited by Claudette: May 28th 2009, 8:06 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LaStupenda
post May 28th 2009, 8:07 AM
Post #289

You ARE aware that there are different Christmas shows, right?

Clay sung at the Rockefeller Tree Lighting and he was the runner up. There's also the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which Archie did last year, not Cook, and Clay has done as well and guess what? He was the runner up. There's the Disney Christmas parade which oh you guessed it-Clay's done too. In fact, he was the grand marshal..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blue*Rose
post May 28th 2009, 8:10 AM
Post #290

Adam Lambert Fan

La, I'm at work. I don't know what's happening with all the shows that's on. I did listen to Elvis Duran, and Adam says he will reveal all soon. I hope it's the cover of Rolling Stones. That would be cool. The interview is on the site. I posted a link in the Elvis thread.

Got to run, have a busy day. Enjoy listening to Adam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
michelleN
post May 28th 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #291

CBS Video is up!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9f5tc_adam-cbs_music

The quality is crappy.. The interview is BLAH, but his Mad World reprisal is perfect! I love how they showed the audience and some people were crying while others looked really touched (and you can tell that much even w/ the low resolution video) wub.gif His voice does have that effect on people. Oh and big LOL @ the Navy sailors! haha.gif

@Blue Rose: Much as i hate it, Kris is all over my f*cking news feed! (i subscribed to popular idol sites like MJ's) Its like i HAVE to know about all his appearances and thinking how it should be ADAM up there singing MORE than just one song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Alysa
post May 28th 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #292

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. boy band: One Direction

Thanks Michelle!! w00t.gif I missed the first part of the interview. But Mad World was awesome!! wub.gif I love how people were like crying! aww!

--------------------
IPB Image
Sig by istersay
+Quote Post
serene_sg
post May 28th 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #293

QUOTE(kellySGfan @ May 28th 2009, 8:45 PM) *

hell yea!! and i'd pay a million bucks to see him (IF i have that kinda money) if he comes to Singapore haha.gif

I'm with you! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Photo by fishkitty
+Quote Post
sahabo
post May 28th 2009, 1:26 PM
Post #294

wow! that has to be one of my favorite Mad World reprisals yet....just gorgeous from start to finish! wub.gif

--------------------

avi by mindchnger
+Quote Post
Juliana!
post May 28th 2009, 5:06 PM
Post #295

Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD5: Phillip Chbeeb

I honestly feel so honored to actually be there to witness that performance. I really think that it was his absolute best performance of Mad World yet. Plus, it was his very first ever performance in NYC, so I think that adds to the amazement original.gif

It was so awesome to see the reaction of the crowd though. Everybody went dead silent, and everyone just kinda stood in awe listening to him. It was amazinggggg.

I'm glad I got to hear the interview though. I didn't hear it when I was actually there, because the sound system wasn't made for us to be able to hear it well.

--------------------
♥Adam Mitchel Lambert♥'09:5/26 8/7 8/11 8/12 8/16 11/25 | '10:2/12
IPB Image
AI8: Adam Lambert || SYTYCD: Jeanine || AI9: Tim; Tim's Abs; Tim's Face || CORLIANA<3 || Sig by MEL!
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post May 28th 2009, 5:26 PM
Post #296

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

That was absolutely breathtaking. wub.gif

LOL @ the tour being first and foremost only. I honestly think for once, I'm more excited for Adam's solo album then the tour. fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
Ess
post May 28th 2009, 7:35 PM
Post #297

QUOTE(Juliana! @ May 28th 2009, 6:06 PM) *

It was so awesome to see the reaction of the crowd though. Everybody went dead silent, and everyone just kinda stood in awe listening to him.

Ohhh, I forgot about that part! I looked around a little while I was taping & I thought to myself look, nobody can move. Everybody's stunned.

And speaking of taping. I'm still uploading the performance (from a different angle than what aired on TV) so in the meantime, here's a clip of Adam being adorable & drinking water, and Juliana! being a fangirl. You can also hear Adam being propositioned by a guy in the crowd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrnIv51ybbg

Sorry, I can't get the embed to work.

This post has been edited by Ess: May 28th 2009, 7:43 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Icon by Cernan, sig. by eyelinergoddess
+Quote Post
Juliana!
post May 28th 2009, 7:40 PM
Post #298

Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. SYTYCD5: Phillip Chbeeb

Haha original.gif haha.gif

--------------------
♥Adam Mitchel Lambert♥'09:5/26 8/7 8/11 8/12 8/16 11/25 | '10:2/12
IPB Image
AI8: Adam Lambert || SYTYCD: Jeanine || AI9: Tim; Tim's Abs; Tim's Face || CORLIANA<3 || Sig by MEL!
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 22nd 2014, 10:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol