Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Anoop
aquayers
post Apr 23rd 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. Singer: Celine Dion

Why the judges threw him under the bus and he can't do anything to please them???
Why he always in bottom 3 for weeks??? sad.gif

I need an explanation or something that makes sense. crying.gif

--------------------
please visit my blog:http://aquayers.blogspot.com/
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Credit: b_fly26
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 23rd 2009, 4:52 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

passionfruit25
post Apr 23rd 2009, 4:55 PM
Post #2

I'm quoting shadow25's post from the Top 7 discussion thread because I think it explains it very well.

QUOTE(shadow25 @ Apr 23rd 2009, 4:32 AM) *

I feel VERY sad about Anoop leaving! Obviously. But the truth is, Matt being saved did Anoop in. From the beginning Anoop was the underdog. But we also had Kris, who was the other underdog. From the first week in, I think Anoop should have really impressed the judges. By the time he had the great performances, the judges took more notice of Kris. The fact that Anoop did great with the weeks after "Beat It" helped him be on the same level as Matt, which he was on a greater level coming into the Top 13. I think Anoop was actually one of the most popular contestants at that time, behind Danny and Adam of course. But as Kris seem to have not only great performances, but stand out ones, the judges sided with Kris more than Anoop and Matt. Then came "Caught Up". That is the week Anoop should have done something original, yet still upbeat. Also his facial expressions should have been better. I really do feel the judges were rooting for him in the beginning, but I think the fact that he did a lot of ballads made them not appreciate him as much. Anoop had great performances, even two or three stand out ones.

But it was Kris and Adam who stole the spotlight away from Anoop to really stand out. After "Caught Up", Anoop went back to the ballads and did great with it and that is why I feel he moved up ahead of Matt, hence why Matt was gone last week. The judges save just made it harder for Anoop to get to the next level because of the judges not giving Anoop more credit than he deserved. I think the pimp spot got Anoop to not be the lowest vote-getter, but I think Allison, Matt, and Anoop's votes might have been close, but having Matt leave would make the save useless. And I think Allison got put in the bottom two to make fans vote harder for her next week, so she can be a fourth or 3rd place finisher. Then again, Anoop wouldn't have been in this position had he blown away the judges on Top 13, in a good way. Instead he gave an alright performance, but of course the judges made it like it was the worst performance. Believe it or not.....the viewers, especially the ones that are casual voters, which are actually a HUGE amount, go along with the judges, especially Simon. That right there hurt Anoop from the beginning. I think he was actually one of the highest vote getters that night, but being put in the bottom; which I felt the producers planned on doing so, made people who voted for him, casually feel like he may have been a weaker link. So, the casual voters got swayed little by little away from Anoop to someone else. Then he did two ballads in a row. "Always on My Mind" redeemed himself, according to Idol. But "Ooh Baby Baby" didn't win him any new fans. Then when he did "Caught Up", the judges made it out like it was the worst thing ever. lol Which it wasn't. But that made people/casual voters sway away from him in votes. Also they made it out like Anoop lost his "fun personality", when Anoop always seemed like a chill and smart dude. So Anoop not only had a lot of stacks decked against him, but they felt they never got a great uptempo performance, since "My Prerogative". If he had a standout GREAT uptempo performance or if he commanded the stage with an untempo number, he could have gained votes from the casual voters.

Though by this time, the casual voters depended on the judges enthusiasm for the performance, but sadly they never gave him too much credit, which is what needed. I'm sorry to bring in race, but the fact that he's Indian and didn't look like a typical "popstar" made Simon especially and the public sway away votes. Being Indian helped him in the beginning, but like I said, had the judges praised him more, he could have been at Kris's level. Kris was also the underdog story, only for Kris, he had the judges on his side. Anoop should have been where Kris is now, but things didn't play out that way. Technically he should be ahead of Matt, since Matt got the boot last week. I think Matt could have been gone this week as well, but the save would be pointless and I don't think the producers want to make it seem like it was. Either way, Matt is gone next week UNLESS he becomes the best performer of the night over Adam and Kris. I think Gokey will get the pimp slot, since he has yet to have one in the finals. So he ain't going home. Had Matt left this week, Anoop could have had a week or two left in him. To get to Top 3, the front-runners need to have done worse than Anoop. But for me, seeing Anoop perform on Idol for a week or two would have made me satisfied and happy, and even content in his placement. I just feel being 6th, was not his true placement in this competition. I still feel the votes might have been close b/w Anoop and Matt and somehow they got Matt's votes a little higher. Same as Allison. For their own reason. Out of the wildcards, Anoop technically made it the furthest. I also wish someone else had arranged Anoop's performance this week and it would have been a little more uptempo, so he could have stood out in the pimp slot. Also it would have helped if Simon had given Anoop more credit. If Simon had given Anoop more credit and not completely bashed him, I think we would still be seeing Anoop in the competition and Matt or Allison would have been gone. That means Anoop could have further his chances in staying on the show. Its too bad Simon messed that up for him. I voted my ass off for Anoop, more than any other contestant, mind you. Not since Elliott Yamin, I voted more for someone. I got over 2,500 votes or so. I tried to recruit others to vote as well. But....that alone could not save him. No matter how many people we recruited, it all came down to casual voters, which listen to the judges. Wow....I wrote a paragraph. Just wanted to share my thoughts on Anoop. I wish him all the luck. I think he'll make a great recording artist. They just need to market him properly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
shadow25
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:06 PM
Post #3

Wow passionfruit, I'm happy someone actually read that. I think people will ask questions about it over and over, I thought I'd just say it all out, so people understand how it went down and why it did. Thanks for posting it here! Also....take a look at the Itunes popularity chart, where folks felt Anoop excelled the most in, basically in his recordings. It proves my post yesterday right. Anoop was around the level with Matt and Allison. But in the last few weeks he past Matt and was below or around where Allison was. The cards just didn't play in Anoop's favor, as it did with Matt, with the save and the fact that he performed just before Anoop this week. I do feel there was manipulation involved, but I think Anoop needed to go above and beyond to get to Kris's level or at least close to it. His off weeks (not IMO, but the judges and the casual viewers) made it look like Anoop was the worst, so that hurt him deeply. When he did brilliant, it just brought him up a little. The combo of "Ooh Baby Baby" and "Caught Up" didn't do him much favor. So by that time, he was just fighting to get to 6th, 5th, or 4th, which would have been great and I would have been content with 5th or 4th. I am not content with 6th, but I will have to deal with it, I already have. I'm just thinking of it as, in a week or two, Anoop would have been gone anyway. He could have been brilliant next week, still he would be fighting to stay another week. Adam, Kris, and sadly even Danny would still be ahead, unless a shock elim came with Danny. Anyway, just my two cents.

--------------------
+Quote Post
passionfruit25
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:11 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(shadow25 @ Apr 23rd 2009, 6:06 PM) *

Wow passionfruit, I'm happy someone actually read that. I think people will ask questions about it over and over, I thought I'd just say it all out, so people understand how it went down and why it did. Thanks for posting it here! Also....take a look at the Itunes popularity chart, where folks felt Anoop excelled the most in, basically in his recordings. It proves my post yesterday right. Anoop was around the level with Matt and Allison. But in the last few weeks he past Matt and was below or around where Allison was. The cards just didn't play in Anoop's favor, as it did with Matt, with the save and the fact that he performed just before Anoop this week. I do feel there was manipulation involved, but I think Anoop needed to go above and beyond to get to Kris's level or at least close to it. His off weeks (not IMO, but the judges and the casual viewers) made it look like Anoop was the worst, so that hurt him deeply. When he did brilliant, it just brought him up a little. The combo of "Ooh Baby Baby" and "Caught Up" didn't do him much favor. So by that time, he was just fighting to get to 6th, 5th, or 4th, which would have been great and I would have been content with 5th or 4th. I am not content with 6th, but I will have to deal with it, I already have. I'm just thinking of it as, in a week or two, Anoop would have been gone anyway. He could have been brilliant next week, still he would be fighting to stay another week. Adam, Kris, and sadly even Danny would still be ahead, unless a shock elim came with Danny. Anyway, just my two cents.

oh it was full of wise words, i just never got a chance last night to thank you for writing all that, so thank you flowers.gif

After thinking about it, I think Anoop got the pimp spot only so that Simon could get to slam him and so that his critique would leave a lasting impression on the voters. If he had won Simon over on Tuesday night, he would've never gotten voted off last night. Technically Anoop wouldn't have gone home on a regular elimination night anyway, but since it was a double elimination night, Anoop got screwed over, even with the pimp spot. It truly sucks. sad.gif crying.gif

This post has been edited by passionfruit25: Apr 23rd 2009, 5:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
It is written...
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:12 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai

Wow Shadow, your posts are excellent. I don't think anyone could have explained it better. flowers.gif
I agree with you though; I am not content with the fact that he came in 6th place (and it's going to take me an extremely long time to get over it). Sigh. crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
It is written...
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(passionfruit25 @ Apr 23rd 2009, 6:11 PM) *

After thinking about it, I think Anoop got the pimp spot only so that Simon could slam him and so that his critique would leave a lasting impression on the voters. If he had won Simon over on Tuesday night, he would've never gotten voted off last night. Technically he wouldn't have gone on a regular elimination night, but since it was a double elimination night, Anoop got screwed over, even with the pimp spot. Sucks. sad.gif crying.gif

I personally believe this was all crafted. Ever since Simon's comments in that interview last week (after the save) where he stated he wouldn't have saved Anoop, this was all part of the plan. They had intentionally intended to give Anoop the pimp spot this week (as opposed to last week) for two reasons: a. Because he was the only contestant who didn't get it so they knew there would be a backlash if they didn't give it to him; b. They planned their "critiques" beforehand so it didn't matter whether or not he got the pimp spot because they knew it wouldn't help him. If you notice, Randy, Kara, and Paula all praised Anoop for a performance (which a lot of others felt was not up-to-par), but Simon got the last word. And Simon's word is all that matters. It's as though the other three judges just threw those praises in there for the heck of it (since they knew it would be his last time on the show), all the while knowing that Simon's word would have the greatest effect on the casual viewers. What happened? At the end of the day, Anoop became the only contestant (before the Top 5) to leave after a pimp spot performance. Had he recieved the pimp spot last week when he really deserved it, he would have been here a lot longer (but they didn't want that). But he didn't. Because, as I said, this was all planned. And just watch, Simon said Matt won't make it past 4th place - I bet you anything that will be true. Danny will be the shock elimination next week, Matt will come in 4th, then TPTB and the judges will get their dream Top 3. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic...
crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
shadow25
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:33 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(It is written... @ Apr 23rd 2009, 3:20 PM) *

I personally believe this was all crafted. Ever since Simon's comments in that interview last week (after the save) where he stated he wouldn't have saved Anoop, this was all part of the plan. They had intentionally intended to give Anoop the pimp spot this week (as opposed to last week) for two reasons: a. Because he was the only contestant who didn't get it so they knew there would be a backlash if they didn't give it to him; b. They planned their "critiques" beforehand so it didn't matter whether or not he got the pimp spot because they knew it wouldn't help him. If you notice, Randy, Kara, and Paula all praised Anoop for a performance (which a lot of others felt was not up-to-par), but Simon got the last word. And Simon's word is all that matters. It's as though the other three judges just threw those praises in there for the heck of it (since they knew it would be his last time on the show), all the while knowing that Simon's word would have the greatest effect on the casual viewers. What happened? At the end of the day, Anoop became the only contestant (before the Top 5) to leave after a pimp spot performance. Had he recieved the pimp spot last week when he really deserved it, he would have been here a lot longer (but they didn't want that). But he didn't. Because, as I said, this was all planned. And just watch, Simon said Matt won't make it past 4th place - I bet you anything that will be true. Danny will be the shock elimination next week, Matt will come in 4th, then TPTB and the judges will get their dream Top 3. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic...
crying.gif

I definitely think Simon's words did Anoop in to a certain extent. Simon getting the last word and completely bashing him a new one left a bad impression on Anoop. So the pimp spot got him away from the bottom, but Simon's last comment didn't make the casual viewer jump on his side. That casual vote is important folks! A lot of the time, they are the deciding factor and Simon knew that. I honestly felt Simon didn't care who left between Anoop and Matt. It just sucked for us Anoop fans, but for the Matt fans, it was great. The save and going right before Anoop. Next week Matt will be gone. Danny will get the pimp spot next week, so that will save him for sure, no matter how he does. Shock elimination could come in 4th. 3rd will be Allison or Danny. Finale will be Adam and Kris. Winner will be Adam.

QUOTE(It is written... @ Apr 23rd 2009, 3:12 PM) *

Wow Shadow, your posts are excellent. I don't think anyone could have explained it better. flowers.gif
I agree with you though; I am not content with the fact that he came in 6th place (and it's going to take me an extremely long time to get over it). Sigh. crying.gif

Just think of it as in a week or two he would have likely been gone for what ever reason anyways. Even though it still upsets me, that is how you have to look at it as. For me, I wanted Anoop to be in the Top 5 at the least. Anything after that would be blessing. Too bad I was a week off, lol. But a week or two whomever leaves won't matter. I honestly think Anoop will have a better career than Matt, Danny, and possibly even Allison. Kris and Adam are still ahead. I would love for Anoop to be the most successful, but at the end of the say, I want all the contestants to be successful in their own way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
vicarabelling
post Apr 23rd 2009, 5:42 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(It is written... @ Apr 23rd 2009, 5:20 PM) *

crying.gif

ugh it's so true. It makes me angry how manipulated this was. I mean the last thing I remember hearing Tuesday was Simon saying it was his worst performance. Now I'm an Anoop fan and clearly it didn't matter to me if it were his worst (and honestly I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be). He could just stand there for 90 seconds and I'd be happy to vote for him, but the causal viewer doesn't have that connection and Simon saying that probably stuck with them moreso than it did with us fans. angry.gif

This post has been edited by vicarabelling: Apr 23rd 2009, 5:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
thanks to xtina8 for the sig and zippy53 for the avi
+Quote Post
Itdgi
post Apr 23rd 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #9

I haven't been posting much lately but I've read a lot of what others have said. All of us can guess why Anoop didn't finish higher since we all know he deserved it. If the truth ever came out, it's because TPTB did not want Anoop to finish in the top. I will always remember Simon saying 'We have to cast some personalities as well as good singers' (or something like that). Doesn't that tell us that it's just a TV show for entertainment value? I read an article on the internet last summer that over 2000 complaints were filed with the FCC a few years ago where the people complained the results were rigged. The FCC ruled that the show is not a reality show, it's an entertainment show and the results do not have to reflect the actual votes. I will never believe that Anoop was in the bottom 3 all the weeks they put him there and I don't think he would have been eliminated this soon if the results were based solely on the votes. Having said that, it's a relief that he no longer has to endure the cruel comments by the judges and the bias way he was handled on the show. Now that he has received the exposure he needed to be noticed by the recording companies, he can focus on his music which is what he wants and what we want for him. I can't wait to see him on the tour and to buy his first CD. yes.gif He will succeed!

--------------------
+Quote Post
aquayers
post Apr 24th 2009, 9:00 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. Singer: Celine Dion

ohh thanks for answering my question. I really feel it for him though that the show go out in all its way to make him eliminated sad.gif I'm sure he still has much more potential if he's relax and not worry about the judges's comment and all that crap. I'll be waiting for his music in the future. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
please visit my blog:http://aquayers.blogspot.com/
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Credit: b_fly26
+Quote Post
xtne
post Apr 24th 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #11

@shadow25, you should get that published somewhere. It is very well-written & won't come across as a fan just "venting out".

I have the exact view of the manoopulation that happened & I know I am not biased just because I happen to be a fan of Anoop. I give credit where it is due.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 2nd 2014, 3:27 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol