Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adam's Vocal Range, Any experts out there???
Ess
post May 12th 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(spiralfrog @ May 12th 2009, 11:10 PM) *

Um. I'ts impossible to have a 9 octive range. lmao.gif

LOL yeah, not going to happen ever. I saw somebody else suggest Adam's got 8 octaves the other day too & had to resist the urge to publicly contradict them (didn't want to appear negative toward him).

--------------------
IPB Image
Icon by Cernan, sig. by eyelinergoddess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 12th 2009, 11:24 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

EdenAngel
post May 12th 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I wish any of these letters and facts made sense to me sad.gif I cant compare them because its like a foreign langauge to me. What is the differnce between steps and ranges? and octives? how do you compare steps to octaves? I head 8 octave mentioned a lot with big singers like Whitney and mariah. I know Adam cant sing as high as a girl (at least those kind of girls) but how could his octave be only 3 if theirs is 8? He signs pretty high and seems to have a big range?

But as I said i dont know music this way - I wish I could understand what this data means about him?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ess
post May 13th 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(EdenAngel @ May 12th 2009, 11:46 PM) *

I wish any of these letters and facts made sense to me sad.gif I cant compare them because its like a foreign langauge to me. What is the differnce between steps and ranges? and octives? how do you compare steps to octaves? I head 8 octave mentioned a lot with big singers like Whitney and mariah. I know Adam cant sing as high as a girl (at least those kind of girls) but how could his octave be only 3 if theirs is 8? He signs pretty high and seems to have a big range?

But as I said i dont know music this way - I wish I could understand what this data means about him?

Let me try to help.

Range refers to the number of notes a person can sing. The more you have, the better your range. Adam is talked about as having a great range b/c he can start fairly low & go way up to the highs that he's known for.

Octave refers to two of the same note (a C, for example) played or sung 8 whole steps away from each other. Octave is related to range - a person with a 2 octave voice doesn't have nearly the range as a person with a 5 octave.

Step refers to how notes relate to each other. Many notes have a sharp (#) & a flat (looks like a 'b'). Say you started at an A. The next highest tone, A#, is half a step higher. Another half step higher would be a Bb, followed by B, B# etc.

This post has been edited by Ess: May 13th 2009, 3:45 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MonkeyGrrrl
post May 13th 2009, 3:40 AM
Post #24

Fav. AI7: David Cook

I can't help but think that Adam MUST have a bigger range than Chris Daughtry, though! I mean I love Chris but that can't be right!?!

--------------------
IPB Image
Lovely sig by AdamIzIdol8 avi by sparklyy
+Quote Post
Ess
post May 13th 2009, 3:44 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(MonkeyGrrrl @ May 13th 2009, 3:40 AM) *

I can't help but think that Adam MUST have a bigger range than Chris Daughtry, though! I mean I love Chris but that can't be right!?!

In real life, he (Adam) absolutely does. On the show, ehh.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
EdenAngel
post May 13th 2009, 9:04 AM
Post #26

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

Ess: thanks that helps

--------------------
+Quote Post
minhiub
post May 13th 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #27

In real life, I would say he has 4-5 octaves at most. If he has more than that, why did he make himself a name before, when he sang classical music in theater?

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 5:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol