Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ace's MyIdol Blogs
SimonFan84
post Apr 4th 2009, 1:47 PM
Post #1

Tom's Best Friend

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. Lea Michele

Found this on the AI site, and figured I'd share. tongue.gif

http://myidol.americanidol.com/ace_young_o...op_9__downloads

Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 10:29 PM PST [General]

It’'s “top downloads” week on Idol. This theme gives the contestants the ability to sing songs they’ve been singing all year long while driving in their cars. It was interesting to hear their song selections, because this is the first opportunity for them to tell us what they stand for musically.

Here’s the download on this week’s Top Nine…

I’m happy to see Anoop bring an Usher classic to the Idol stage. Despite what the judges said, he stood by his song choice. Big vocals and a lot of attitude made this one of his most memorable performances.

I always enjoy hearing Megan sing. I love the Duffy quality to her voice. She had to take a lot of constructive criticism from the judges and trust me…I know first hand that that’s not easy to do!

I’m always reminded of Danny’s backstory when he steps on stage. When he sings a heartfelt song like “What Hurts the Most,” I can see the growth into a man that he’s made at such an early age. He’s definitely got a few more tricks up his sleeve…

I love that Allison took a chance by bringing out an instrument. As a fan of No Doubt, I think she did great with “Don’t Speak.” Personally, I thought the outfit looked fine. She’s 16 with a swagger and rock sensibility that she needs to keep flaunting.

Scott always catches me off-guard. I dig the new look. I dig the song choice and I love how he made a Billy Joel song his own. I think that this is one of the songs that Scott will be singing all summer long on the Idol tour.

Matt…Matt…Matt…He surprised me by going rock instead of R & B. I think Matt can sing anything and I really felt his emotion this week. Matt, don’t go R & B because that’s where people want you to go…just follow your heart and you won’t go wrong.

When Lil Rounds starts singing on the Idol stage, everybody pays attention. “I Surrender” was the right choice to let the audience know that she’s in the show for the right reason – showing off her big voice instead of worrying about the competition.

Adam sang that funky music to a tee and gave us his take on a classic that only he could do. I’ve never heard it sung so high and I loved how he kept the original groove and funk with Rickey. Hearing these fresh takes on familiar songs is what Idol is all about.

It was time for Kris to show us some of his soul. He was very humble, very vulnerable, but very comfortable on stage. I actually think I prefer him on the piano over the guitar. This is definitely one that the Idol audience won’t forget.

Doing the top downloads was a great idea. It gave us more depth into what each of the Idols is about as an artist. I think after this week, we’ve gotten to know the Idols on a much more personal level. Be sure to check in with me again for my download on next week’s “American Idol!”

Meanwhile, don't miss the next episode of Idol Extra, where
I am now the co-host along with Jillian Reynolds on the Fox Reality Channel Thursdays at 7p and 10p ET/PT. Find out more.

This post has been edited by SimonFan84: Apr 4th 2009, 1:48 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 4th 2009, 1:47 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 10:20 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol