Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mikalah Gordon Thinks Adam Lambert Should Be Disqualified As Well
num1meekfan
post Feb 26th 2009, 2:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

Former American Idol fourth-season finalist Mikalah Gordon feels that if Joanna Pacitti was disqualified from the show's eighth-season then current semifinalist Adam Lambert also should have been ruled ineligible to compete -- however she's apparently unfamiliar with the reason why Pacitti was given the boot.

"I really like Adam Lambert. The only thing I was kind of bummed about with how they sent Joanna home with the disqualification when she entered the Top 36, and then they replaced her with Felicia Barton," Gordon told Comcast.net during a Monday interview.

"But my issue is that allegations state that [Pacitti] had a record deal previously and she had tracks on the Legally Blonde soundtrack. But I feel like if you're going to disqualify her, then you should probably disqualify Adam Lambert, too. Because he was in Wicked and he's coming in with his very own fan base. It's kind of the same idea to me, you know? Although he didn't have a record deal, he's coming in with a huge fan base from Broadway. So, it's kind of like where do you draw the line? And I felt bad because I really liked Joanna and I thought she was really great."

The problem with Gordon's logic is that, according to Fox, Pacitti wasn't disqualified due to her prior professional experience. Although Fox initially dragged its feet on revealing exactly why Pacitti was deemed "ineligible to continue in the competition," she was disqualified due to her previous relationships with two executives at 19 Entertainment -- which is run by Idol creator Simon Fuller and produces the show with FremantleMedia North America.

Fox reality chief Mike Darnell subsequently confirmed Pacitti was disqualified because of a "perceptional problem" around there being "too close a connection between" her and the production company's employees.

Gordon was the second finalist eliminated from Idol's 2005 fourth season and can currently be seen in American Idol Rewind's repackaged broadcasts of the Fox mega-hit's fourth edition.

"It's my season and it's great, because now it's showing some of the behind the scenes and some of the bloopers and the funnier moments that you didn't get to see on the actual live show," said Gordon during the interview.

"It's also Carrie Underwood's season before Jesus took her wheel, so it'll be nice to see. And I'm not being biased, but Season 4 was really, really great, so just go watch it."

visit www.mikalahgordon.r8.org for more on this and other mikalah related articles

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 26th 2009, 2:06 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 21st 2014, 7:25 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol