Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Idolatry Video--the hate is unwarranted, don't watch if you don't like the negativity
LuckyOtter
post Feb 20th 2009, 7:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson/Jena Irene

I am posting this here because I think fans need to be aware of the nature of the Danny hate coming down. I'll just provide the link, not embed the video, because it's not positive.
http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html
I have always liked Michael Slezak and the Idolatry people, but I think I may be changing my mind. Here they are discussing Danny, and what they feel is his use of his wife's death to get votes. pinch.gif
The only thing I *kind of* agree with them on is the relative holding up the picture of Sophia and Danny while he performed. It was a little tasteless, I thought. However, I don't think Danny had any control over this either, or the fact the cameras focused on it. So it's not fair to blame him.

However, on the plus side, Michael Johns makes a visit, and there's some nice footage of David Cook during AI7.

Forgive me for posting this, but I think we need to be aware what we're up against.

--------------------
Michael Johns 1978-2014 ~ R.I.P.
100 Finalists Ranked/Seasons 5-13 / LuckyOtter's Redos
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 20th 2009, 7:07 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Elphiero
post Feb 20th 2009, 7:13 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. AI9: Andrew Garcia

I can't even watch all of it... I gave up watching a lot of it

--------------------
IPB Image
Nicel // Twitter *The Sisterhood of the Sexy Arms*
+Quote Post
manunitedFC
post Feb 20th 2009, 7:17 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI 8: Danny Gokey

the worst part about the hate is: i really like some other contestants but i can't even go into their threads because of the bashing.. like adam lamberts thread was bashing him the other day it was upsetting because i like both of them

--------------------
IPB Image
thanks Elphiero! <3
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 20th 2009, 7:27 PM
Post #4

Sorry, but the way Lambert's fans act makes me dislike Adam even more than I already do. His fans are hateful to Danny and it's affecting my opinion of Adam, which is a shame.

This is like a replay of the David wars last season, only it seems even more venomous.

Danny--I guess you either love him or hate him. He certainly has made a strong impact, that's for sure. No one seems indifferent to him.

This post has been edited by dcfreak: Feb 20th 2009, 7:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elphiero
post Feb 20th 2009, 8:10 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI9: Andrew Garcia

QUOTE(manunitedFC @ Feb 20th 2009, 4:17 PM) *

the worst part about the hate is: i really like some other contestants but i can't even go into their threads because of the bashing.. like adam lamberts thread was bashing him the other day it was upsetting because i like both of them

When were we bashing? Maybe I wasn't there...

QUOTE(dcfreak @ Feb 20th 2009, 4:27 PM) *

Sorry, but the way Lambert's fans act makes me dislike Adam even more than I already do. His fans are hateful to Danny and it's affecting my opinion of Adam, which is a shame.
This is like a replay of the David wars last season, only it seems even more venomous.
Danny--I guess you either love him or hate him. He certainly has made a strong impact, that's for sure. No one seems indifferent to him.

Sorry that certain Adam fans are so disrespectful but I want to emphasize: its not all of us and by putting us all in that category is very disrespectful as well. I started out watching Idol ONLY because of Adam... because I knew him before and all that but Danny has intrigued me and I'm a fan of his now too.

What a certain Adam fan said yesterday was a joke made in very poor taste and a lot of us didn't find it funny regardless of the ones that did. I found it rather offensive and a joke that should have never been made and I want to apologize on behalf of Lamb Skanks for offending anyone. I did not make that comment but I wish to apologize because all of this drama is just not right.

Now you guys can be mad at ALL Adam fans or just be mad at the ones that deserve it. Its your choice.
I'm starting to doubt whether posting in here as a Danny fan is worth all this.

There is one thing all of us cannot deny: Adam and Danny are threats to each other. That doesn't mean, however, that his fans have to be threats to each other and hate each other.

--------------------
IPB Image
Nicel // Twitter *The Sisterhood of the Sexy Arms*
+Quote Post
avenue26
post Feb 20th 2009, 8:23 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI13: Jess Meuse

I'm tired of discussing it, really. ermm.gif The hate is unecessary, but I sometimes think the more that we, as his fans, pay attention to it, the worse it gets. Obviously he can't control how much the producers pimp his singing or his backstory. But, unfortunately, it's something not all people are going to get through their heads. noexpression.gif

This post has been edited by avenue26: Feb 20th 2009, 8:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
manunitedFC
post Feb 20th 2009, 8:34 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI 8: Danny Gokey

QUOTE(Elphiero @ Feb 20th 2009, 9:10 PM) *

Sorry that certain Adam fans are so disrespectful but I want to emphasize: its not all of us and by putting us all in that category is very disrespectful as well. I started out watching Idol ONLY because of Adam... because I knew him before and all that but Danny has intrigued me and I'm a fan of his now too.

What a certain Adam fan said yesterday was a joke made in very poor taste and a lot of us didn't find it funny regardless of the ones that did. I found it rather offensive and a joke that should have never been made and I want to apologize on behalf of Lamb Skanks for offending anyone. I did not make that comment but I wish to apologize because all of this drama is just not right.

Now you guys can be mad at ALL Adam fans or just be mad at the ones that deserve it. Its your choice.

There is one thing all of us cannot deny: Adam and Danny are threats to each other. That doesn't mean, however, that his fans have to be threats to each other and hate each other.

i agree with this.. dont stop posting here flowers.gif
i never said/thought it was all adam fans because im an adam fan too hahah that would be a case of schizophrenia (sp?) haha.gif I think that hating an entire fan base because you hate certain people in it is childish..

--------------------
IPB Image
thanks Elphiero! <3
+Quote Post
Lehcar621
post Feb 20th 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. Idol Ever: David Cook

QUOTE(dcfreak @ Feb 20th 2009, 6:27 PM) *

Please do not generalize all of his fans like that. Its not fair to the people that didn't do anything wrong. I am an Adam Lambert fan, but I love Danny too. yes.gif heart.gif

Quite a few Danny fans have been talking about how all the hating needs to stop, but then these videos get brought up and it just gets talked about more. huh.gif JMO.

This post has been edited by Lehcar621: Feb 20th 2009, 9:56 PM

--------------------
ai7:davidcook;carly smithson ai8: kris allen;matt giraud. [b]ai9: didi benami;lacey brown; lee dewyze[/b]IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 20th 2009, 9:41 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Elphiero @ Feb 20th 2009, 8:10 PM) *

When were we bashing? Maybe I wasn't there...

I happen to agree with you, and I know not all Adam fans act that way. I'm sorry if I implied that.
I really just wish everyone would get along, and respect other people's opinions and tastes, even if they don't agree. I hate fanwars, and they accomplish nothing. I apologize if I seemed like I was trying to start one.
I think there's a lot of hurt and bitterness on both sides, and I agree that both guys are threats to each other, but that's no reason why their fans can't get along. I mean, look at David C and David A. They hate the fact some of their fans are hating on each other, because they are such good friends themselves.
So please don't feel put off about posting in the Danny forum. There's a lot of love to go around.
huggy.gif

This post has been edited by dcfreak: Feb 20th 2009, 9:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Feb 20th 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #10

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

Not all Adam fans are that way. There are some but not all. I agree the hate has gone a bit too far. I'm trying my best to ignore it.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
shereen
post Feb 20th 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #11

I never liked EW, so I'm not surprised.

--------------------
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Feb 20th 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(shereen @ Feb 20th 2009, 10:30 PM) *

I never liked EW, so I'm not surprised.

I used to like Idolatry, but not so much anymore. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
guesswhoisit
post Feb 21st 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI 9: Lee,Andrew,Siobhan

QUOTE(dcfreak @ Feb 20th 2009, 7:07 PM) *

I am posting this here because I think fans need to be aware of the nature of the Danny hate coming down. I'll just provide the link, not embed the video, because it's not positive.
http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html
I have always liked Michael Slezak and the Idolatry people, but I think I may be changing my mind. Here they are discussing Danny, and what they feel is his use of his wife's death to get votes. pinch.gif
The only thing I *kind of* agree with them on is the relative holding up the picture of Sophia and Danny while he performed. It was a little tasteless, I thought. However, I don't think Danny had any control over this either, or the fact the cameras focused on it. So it's not fair to blame him.

However, on the plus side, Michael Johns makes a visit, and there's some nice footage of David Cook during AI7.

Forgive me for posting this, but I think we need to be aware what we're up against.

I agreed, what his friends did was kinda irritating to me. But why didnt Jamar sit in that place instead of them?? wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
FAV this year: Andrew, Lee, Siobhan, Crystal - Credit: Raphy23
+Quote Post
greeneyesxo
post Feb 21st 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis

Okay - yeah, what his friends did with the picture was a little overboard... however, I can tell that he (and his crew) are being very genuine about this whole thing, so I can't really knock it! I COMPLETELY disagree with them saying he's using this story to get ahead in the competition. That's ridiculous. You'd have to be satan himself if you were using a death of a loved one for any means.

Of COURSE he can't stop talking about it. Two years ago, I almost lost my mother. I didn't lose her, I ALMOST lost her... and I was telling anyone who would listen about the whole thing. Talking about it is a way of grieving, and people also need to realize this is American Idol - it features REAL people, not trained celebrities who know how to deal with media and their image. Danny probably has absolutely no idea the extent of the hatred this is bringing on him... he's just speaking his heart. Ugh, this pains me that people are doing this to him. It makes me sick. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
love has its critics, but they never keep many friends. <3
+Quote Post
AC Flip Side
post Feb 21st 2009, 1:00 AM
Post #15

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee

I'm tired of it closedeyes.gif hate and all.

--------------------
american idol 12: Candice & Kree
big brother 15: Elissa, Helen, Candice, Jessie, Nick
the voice 5: Will, James, Caroline
+Quote Post
AC Flip Side
post Feb 21st 2009, 1:06 AM
Post #16

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee

might I add it's irritating how people think he's using his wife's death to advance. Ummm the love of his life died recently rolleyes.gif what do they expect? Get over it in a week or so? i can't imagine if I lost someone I love, it'd prolly take me years to move on. I feel for Danny sad.gif

--------------------
american idol 12: Candice & Kree
big brother 15: Elissa, Helen, Candice, Jessie, Nick
the voice 5: Will, James, Caroline
+Quote Post
stellarstarlight
post Feb 21st 2009, 1:10 AM
Post #17

sweetest IDF grobie

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert
Fav. One Direction is radtastic.

GD is just awful people are saying he is using his wife death for votes. I think this season he's the most hated contestant. I hope he never reads IDF.

--------------------
I don't really watch American Idol anymore. I don't really post here much.
+Quote Post
AnthonyFan16
post Feb 21st 2009, 2:56 AM
Post #18

Fav. SYTYCD 10: Aaron Turner

that's why I hardly or ever go over in GD or read anything that is going against a contestant, even if they are a favorite of mine or not, and in this case, AGAIN, it involves one of my favorites. For goodness sakes, he lost the love of his life weeks before his audition....it's going to take a long time for that feeling to go away, trust me, I see it in my mom every single day. my father passed away three years ago, and she still talks about it and she still feels the pain VERY greatly...god, if I went on Idol and I talked about losing my father and stuff, I would probably be hounded for it too...no doubt...and I don't understand why that should count against someone, especially that Danny isn't bragging about it or going around saying to vote for me because I lost my wife and blah blah blah rolleyes.gif

sorry....had to get that out....stuff like this REALLY gets to me, especially when it involves a death of a very close family member (parents, loved ones, siblings, relatives, ect.)

This post has been edited by AnthonyFan16: Feb 21st 2009, 2:59 AM

--------------------
sytycd: aaron. mariah. hayley. nico. amy. paul. jenna. makenzie. tucker. jasmine
IPB Image
|| tumblr ||Center Stage Designs || facebook || twitter ||set: me
+Quote Post
*Karen*
post Feb 21st 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #19

time can't erase a feeling this strong

I'm not even gonna bother watching. I've had enough venting my frustrations.

Though unfortunately, unless Danny speaks up or if TPTB realizes what they're doing is causing backlash, I think it will only get worse. noexpression.gif blarg.gif crying.gif

--------------------
RIP Michael Johns.
+Quote Post
guesswhoisit
post Feb 21st 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI 9: Lee,Andrew,Siobhan

QUOTE(greeneyesxo @ Feb 21st 2009, 12:58 AM) *

Talking about it is a way of grieving, and people also need to realize this is American Idol - it features REAL people, not trained celebrities who know how to deal with media and their image. Danny probably has absolutely no idea the extent of the hatred this is bringing on him... he's just speaking his heart. Ugh, this pains me that people are doing this to him. It makes me sick. sad.gif

That's true, he said everything in the interview. "...And, yíknow, itís not that I throw it in peopleís faces, but I get asked about it all the time. It weighs on my mind a lot, though. Because IídĖyíknow, honestly, this is a sob story I donít want. But it is shaping my life. And itís causing hope for a lot of people and not only that, itís causing hope for my life." I sick of haters too. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
FAV this year: Andrew, Lee, Siobhan, Crystal - Credit: Raphy23
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 30th 2014, 10:55 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol