Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

20 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David on Spike !, Merged
soundscene
post Nov 14th 2008, 2:53 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. Idol Ever: David Archuleta

QUOTE(Hica19 @ Nov 13th 2008, 9:16 PM) *

I actually went to the Spike Feresten show live with another IDFer...Karen (laydie_x). What's suprising is that there weren't too many Archie fans at all. The vast majority were Hanson fans.

The format of today though were that they taped two shows. The first show was about Archie. He got interviewed, then commercial break, he sang "Crush", commerical break, they chatted a little bit more. Then the show finished. We unfortunately did not get to meet Archie although the people who worked at the studio were really nice. They were able to give the gifts we brought for Archie to him and then they gave Karen the name sign from Archie's dressing room seat (at least I think it's from there).

Oh an we met up with a couple of FODers and sat together. I think we were shown a lot on camera during Archie's set since we were the loudest and we held up a poster for Archie to see. When you watch the show on Saturday and see a group of 6 Asians (5 females, one male), then that's us haha.gif

Hanson fans have been at this a lot longer... they always come out in great numbers (the same fans--every time--for years). And Hanson don't get interviewed a whole lot anymore, so when they do, the interview gets packed. A lot of people here didn't even know who Spike Feresten was, and David's fans, on the whole, are younger than Hanson fans (many of whom started to be Hanson fans back when they debuted in 1997--so you get how old they are now). More of them can go to a show like Spike Feresten. So, no worries about there being not too many David fans. Were the other people there responsive and good to David? Hanson is my other love, so I hope their fans were good to him.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 14th 2008, 2:53 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

selene07sparkle
post Nov 14th 2008, 2:59 AM
Post #22

^ omg Lisa you are Hanson fan? w00t.gif Me too IPB Image heart.gif heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Thanks kevin [idolfreakXD] for the awesome avi/siggy! AP site,
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #23

yea David did get a lot of love, but it was obvious the group I was with was the absolute loudest. To the point that Archie's name tag thing was given to us hahaha.

--------------------
IPB Image
thank you vintage rose for the avatar and blend!
+Quote Post
laydie_x
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:01 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Hica19 @ Nov 13th 2008, 11:29 PM) *

Archie was VERY adorable being interviewed. I realized the Spike Feresten show was quite naughty, but Archie's segment was the cleanest segments. You'll see the questions he got asked when you watch the show, but unfortunately he WAS asked about his dad again. Archie sang AMAZINGLY!!!! The best I've heard him.

Oh and one really cute moment was during commerical break, the camera guy was focusing on Archie for something and Archie said "WHOA! That's a big camera!" It made us laugh and want to squeal hehe. He's just too cute!

I'm still elated over his appearance at Spike. He performed Crush well, it was probably the best version of Crush live I have ever seen. I'm happy that I witnessed it. I kinda hope that he won over the Hanson fans that were there. ... hehe...

OMGosh Archie is just too dang cute and hot for his own good! During the show, he had done some really cute things. He would sing along to the songs during the commercial breaks, and yes, the camera bit was really cute! It was my favorite part as well. Everyone was laughing.

Ohh yeah, there was this one bit that Spike does and when they were showing that skit, someone in there, I don't quite remember if it was Spike, said "go (f word here) yourself" and he had this shocked look on his face. Kinda like... shock.gif It was just soooo cute! He's just too sweet...

Alice and I had gifts for Archie and we didn't know if we were going to get it to him...I was actually hoping to meet him after the show but he was long gone by the time all the Spike episodes were done taping. But then one of the guys who worked on the show came over and we asked if we could get our gifts to Archie. He said yes and by the end of the show, we saw our gifts being carried by someone that was following Archie after he came out again and thanked everyone. Alice's gift was that picture with the fan montage in the background, I believe she posted it on the other Spike thread. Mine was a little photo tumbler/mug that was a collage of him and the other idol top 12. I also included an advanced happy birthday card. happy.gif I'll post pics later.

But yeah, it's super exciting because he was the only live guest for that show... w00t.gif

--------------------
CONGRATS JESSICA AND PHILLIP!
#teamskinny
+Quote Post
soundscene
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:03 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(selene07sparkle @ Nov 13th 2008, 9:59 PM) *

^ omg Lisa you are Hanson fan? w00t.gif Me too IPB Image heart.gif heart.gif

I heart.gif Hanson. They're totally some of the best songwriters and live performers. Actually, some of David's stuff on reminds me of Hanson's stuff (post-2000)--like Don't Let Go and Let Me Go. I would die if David ever did a songwriting session with them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiki!
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:04 AM
Post #26

Fav. AI9: Alex Lambert

QUOTE(soundscene @ Nov 14th 2008, 1:53 AM) *

Hanson fans have been at this a lot longer... they always come out in great numbers (the same fans--every time--for years). And Hanson don't get interviewed a whole lot anymore, so when they do, the interview gets packed. A lot of people here didn't even know who Spike Feresten was, and David's fans, on the whole, are younger than Hanson fans (many of whom started to be Hanson fans back when they debuted in 1997--so you get how old they are now). More of them can go to a show like Spike Feresten. So, no worries about there being not too many David fans. Were the other people there responsive and good to David? Hanson is my other love, so I hope their fans were good to him.

I'm kind of a newly converted Hanson fan. ph34rwave.gif My friends dragged me to a concert of theirs at the House of Blues in Vegas last year, and I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it! stuart.gif Really, they're good!!! thumbsup.gif

Oh, and as I was waiting on a curb waiting to cross the street after the concert, after about 2 minutes of waiting for the crossing signal, I realized I had been standing about 15 feet away from one of the Hanson brothers. haha.gif I'm a little spacey sometimes. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #27

grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kiki!
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:07 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(laydie_x @ Nov 14th 2008, 2:01 AM) *

I'm still elated over his appearance at Spike. He performed Crush well, it was probably the best version of Crush live I have ever seen. I'm happy that I witnessed it. I kinda hope that he won over the Hanson fans that were there. ... hehe...

OMGosh Archie is just too dang cute and hot for his own good! During the show, he had done some really cute things. He would sing along to the songs during the commercial breaks, and yes, the camera bit was really cute! It was my favorite part as well. Everyone was laughing.

Ohh yeah, there was this one bit that Spike does and when they were showing that skit, someone in there, I don't quite remember if it was Spike, said "go (f word here) yourself" and he had this shocked look on his face. Kinda like... shock.gif It was just soooo cute! He's just too sweet...

Alice and I had gifts for Archie and we didn't know if we were going to get it to him...I was actually hoping to meet him after the show but he was long gone by the time all the Spike episodes were done taping. But then one of the guys who worked on the show came over and we asked if we could get our gifts to Archie. He said yes and by the end of the show, we saw our gifts being carried by someone that was following Archie after he came out again and thanked everyone. Alice's gift was that picture with the fan montage in the background, I believe she posted it on the other Spike thread. Mine was a little photo tumbler/mug that was a collage of him and the other idol top 12. I also included an advanced happy birthday card. happy.gif I'll post pics later.

But yeah, it's super exciting because he was the only live guest for that show... w00t.gif

Thanks for sharing!!! sorcerer.gif huggy.gif huggy.gif I'm also a little bit not over the fact that he was the only guest. whistling.gif grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
soundscene
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:08 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(Ella @ Nov 13th 2008, 10:04 PM) *

I'm kind of a newly converted Hanson fan. ph34rwave.gif My friends dragged me to a concert of theirs at the House of Blues in Vegas last year, and I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it! stuart.gif Really, they're good!!! thumbsup.gif

Oh, and as I was waiting on a curb waiting to cross the street after the concert, after about 2 minutes of waiting for the crossing signal, I realized I had been standing about 15 feet away from one of the Hanson brothers. haha.gif I'm a little spacey sometimes. rolleyes.gif

Awesome!! I haven't been to one of their shows in awhile (although they tour a lot) just because I've been here in Hawaii.

They're super accessible. They'll just hang around with fans afterwards. I had a drink with Isaac once after one of their shows. Haha. Helps that their fans grew out of that whole grabby, screamy phase.

QUOTE(Ella @ Nov 13th 2008, 10:07 PM) *

Thanks for sharing!!! sorcerer.gif huggy.gif huggy.gif I'm also a little bit not over the fact that he was the only guest. whistling.gif grin.gif

It's gonna be awesome that he's the focus of the show! Hee!

--------------------
+Quote Post
xMichelle_1990x
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:09 AM
Post #30

Fav. Movie is Titanic. [♥]

I'm a Hanson fan..But I prefered the Moffatts..Anyone heard of em? Well my sis was really into bot bands and so she draged me into that too..I was only 7 when I heard mmbop..I like their 2000 stuff..
"If only"is a good one. But I would have still faked a panic atteck to get out before David left haha.

Still need a answer though! What time will this come on?

Oh that's weird for them to shoot two eps..I mean the audience are the same people LOL..

This post has been edited by xMichelle_1990x: Nov 14th 2008, 3:14 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
July3rd/July29 2008/March17th 2009 =BEST DAYS of my life!
siggie made by McPheeverish
+Quote Post
rosepetal_da17
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:11 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(laydie_x @ Nov 14th 2008, 12:01 AM) *

OMG someone dropped the f bomb in front of him? fear2.gif laughing.gif
I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing! huggy.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"He came as a genius and left as a genius. All the contestants wanted to reach his level" -Michael Orland on David Archuleta
+Quote Post
selene07sparkle
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:14 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(soundscene @ Nov 14th 2008, 3:03 AM) *

I heart.gif Hanson. They're totally some of the best songwriters and live performers. Actually, some of David's stuff on reminds me of Hanson's stuff (post-2000)--like Don't Let Go and Let Me Go. I would die if David ever did a songwriting session with them.

spaz.gif huggy.gif I agree... they are great in song writing and I love their performances too. I'm so proud that they are still around making great music. Yep, I hope that someday David will collaborate with them wub.gif

Same thing when I heard the song "Don't let go"... it kinda remind me of Hanson stuff too IPB Image

QUOTE(Ella @ Nov 14th 2008, 3:04 AM) *

Wow that's great... I'm glad you enjoy their music too w00twave.gif huggy.gif

This post has been edited by selene07sparkle: Nov 14th 2008, 3:20 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kiki!
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:15 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(soundscene @ Nov 14th 2008, 2:08 AM) *

Awesome!! I haven't been to one of their shows in awhile (although they tour a lot) just because I've been here in Hawaii.

They're super accessible. They'll just hang around with fans afterwards. I had a drink with Isaac once after one of their shows. Haha. Helps that their fans grew out of that whole grabby, screamy phase.
It's gonna be awesome that he's the focus of the show! Hee!

Seriously, it was SOOO much better than I was expecting!!! You can tell that they're true artists. yes.gif It was also really sweet b/c they were wearing these shoes that were made of some sort of organic material, or something like that. Anyway, I guess that was promoting some cause, or something like that, so it was really sweet to see them wearing what they're actually promoting. happy.gif

Hawaii. thumbdown.gif

haha.gif Kidding, I love Hawaii. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif But, I GUESS I can see why concerts might not be as accessible for you there. whistling.gif

You had a drink with one of them! w00t.gif That's pretty sweet! cool.gif It's good to see them treat their fans like regular people, and not lesser life forms (like Archie would roll2.gif ).

--------------------
+Quote Post
selene07sparkle
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:18 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(laydie_x @ Nov 14th 2008, 3:01 AM) *

Thanks for Sharing huggy.gif Lucky you, Archie can still receive your gifts wub.gif
Gosh I wish there was a video wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:21 AM
Post #35

my throat is just so raw and sore right now. Karen can tell you how loud I was hahaha. But then my energy was already drained by the time Hanson came on.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
xMichelle_1990x
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:23 AM
Post #36

So is anyone going to help me out? What time will it come on and what channel??!!! original.gif
Oh and wait a min..How did someone named Monicafrom snarky meet him and Jeff??? huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:26 AM
Post #37

I think it airs Saturday night at Midnight on FOx

This post has been edited by Hica19: Nov 14th 2008, 3:27 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
laydie_x
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:27 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(xMichelle_1990x @ Nov 13th 2008, 11:46 PM) *

Oh... Are they going to do that with Bonnie??

And that's sweet of him to do that.. wub.gif

So you got to also see the Hansons?

Oh I would said "I'm having a panic attack let me get some air!!! I can't be here" and beg them to let me go lol or make a scene until they kick you out..That's what I would have done... whistling.gif

Yes, the second episode taped had Hanson and Olivia Munn, a host from G4.

QUOTE(xMichelle_1990x @ Nov 14th 2008, 12:09 AM) *

I'm a Hanson fan..But I prefered the Moffatts..Anyone heard of em? Well my sis was really into bot bands and so she draged me into that too..I was only 7 when I heard mmbop..I like their 2000 stuff..
"If only"is a good one. But I would have still faked a panic atteck to get out before David left haha.

Still need a answer though! Whattime will this come on?

12 midnight after Mad TV on Saturday, so technically Sunday?

QUOTE(rosepetal_da17 @ Nov 14th 2008, 12:11 AM) *

OMG someone dropped the f bomb in front of him? fear2.gif laughing.gif
I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing! huggy.gif thumbsup.gif

You're welcome! Gosh that boy is adorable!!!

Some pics of the mug I made him.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Me and the mug after it was complete.
IPB Image

--------------------
CONGRATS JESSICA AND PHILLIP!
#teamskinny
+Quote Post
xMichelle_1990x
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:30 AM
Post #39

Nm. Cool Mug!!!!!! I'm glad David got your guy's gifts! Super awesome! original.gif

This post has been edited by xMichelle_1990x: Nov 14th 2008, 3:32 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hica19
post Nov 14th 2008, 3:33 AM
Post #40

heheh that mug is just awesome.

Here's the gift I made Archie.

IPB Image

except I put it in an art frame. I also made an origami crane ornament for Archie with paper my parents bought from Japan. It had one little crane on top of a bigger crane, Archie's initials, and a tag that says "Archie's Archangels always have his back". And it includes a clip art of a really adorable smiling star reaching out to give a hug.

And what I found really funny were that the bag that the color of both Karen and my gift bags were blue and the color of the flower a FOD member brought for Archie was also blue LOL. Oh and the wristbands we got to get into the studio was blue as well! haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

20 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 27th 2014, 9:22 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol