Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official Unpopular Opinion Books Thread, because every other forum has one
Imagination<3
post Jul 29th 2009, 5:32 PM
Post #61

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. Singer ever: David Archuleta

-I don't like the Harry Potter series.
-Twilight books are fun to read and all, but they ARE overrated.

--------------------
Credit to ronaldsf for the amazing avi :) Don't forget to VOTE
So, one day @DavidArchie was eating a bag of SpicyNachos and looked outside to find HushCats playing with the LittleShinies right by Room513. @DavidArchie then said :archgosh: and sang Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit hungry and I eat more than I should. What a lovely archuful day, Hobknocker free!
THIS CRUSH AIN'T GOIN' AWAYAYAYAYAYAY
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 29th 2009, 5:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

meandthemoon
post Aug 2nd 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #62

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Alex Preston

QUOTE(Tigerlily Tango @ Dec 3rd 2008, 7:27 PM) *

This is probably an unpopular opinion: I don't really like Hamlet.

We are reading it in English now, and while I understand how some of the elements and themes of the play are brilliant, I just don't really care about most of the story. pinch.gif Some of the wisdom and advice that comes from the play is really interesting to me, but as a whole, the plot isn't very appealing.

It's kind of weird, because I was looking forward to studying the play this year. I've enjoyed studying it, but I don't really like the play itself, if that makes any sense. haha.gif

yeah I didn't like it either. I just do not get what is supposed to be so amazing about Shakespeare's writing. I find all of it just to complicated and hard to read, and all his stories are really depressing. Like someone else says some of his individual lines and are really good (such as the 'to be or not to be' soliloquy) but overall his plays are really overrated. I think the main reason so many people claim to love them is because they secretly don't really understand them haha.gif

QUOTE(ElectricPeach @ Apr 7th 2009, 6:37 AM) *

I love biographies, as long as they're about interesting people. heart.gif

I do to original.gif

QUOTE(amilee @ Jun 8th 2009, 6:54 PM) *

yes.gif

Twilight was a piece of crap.

This guy pretty much says it all...

wow yeah that guy pretty much sums up exactly what's wrong with the book. Like he says, Stephanie just really isn't a good writer. All her characters are cliche and one dimensional and she doesn't attempt to develop them at all.

--------------------
IPB Image
signature credit - oxidol_2.0 | when i was haunted and alone with this baggage on my back dragging me down you set me free
+Quote Post
ElectricPeach
post Aug 2nd 2009, 8:11 PM
Post #63

The Harry Potter series doesn't appeal to me, and non-fiction is my favorite book genre.

--------------------

[ tumblr ] [ last.fm ]
+Quote Post
JRM
post Aug 2nd 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #64

Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano
Fav. 2nd AI10 : Haley Reinhart

--Never finished the Harry Potter series, but I am really looking forward to do so when I can. (Haven't watched the newer movies so they won't ruin the surprises happy.gif ). I think Harry Potter, while I'm not a fan, is BRILLIANT. Absolutely brilliant. What makes it even better is that the books are consistent (judging from what I've read). "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" was not a one-hit wonder. All the other books still contain that sense of wonder and imagination--perhaps even more so. Just BRILLIANT.

--I do enjoy James Patterson's books...but the formula he has gets extremely tiring and predictable over time. I've read a bunch of his Alex Cross novels, and while I do like the character and the villains he's going up against, he seems to have the same formula for all the books; something terrible happens at first, Alex gets involved, clues come in, the bad guy gets caught but they later find out he was the wrong guy, bad guy does something bad, they suspect another--chances are they're wrong again, then they catch the bad guy or he escapes.

--And I'm convinced Stephen King is crazy. noexpression.gif ...But I love him for that. happy.gif

QUOTE(amilee @ Jun 8th 2009, 6:54 PM) *

yes.gif

Twilight was a piece of crap.

This guy pretty much says it all...

A-M-E-N. While I didn't think the book was atrocious at first (I've never read anything like it, being the reason), it started to dawn (no pun intended) on me sometime after finishing it, that I just didn't care. It was so unmemorable in every way. I agree with ALL of his points, ESPECIALLY the points he makes about the characters and dialogue. I read the first book and I didn't care about any of the characters--at all. Oh, and I won't even get into the movie. bloated.gif I thought it was so much worse.

...And I think Twilight has something to do with this...I really hope this person's joking. noexpression.gif

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...19215531AA51xRV

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxlaurenxx
post Aug 12th 2009, 1:27 PM
Post #65

Fav. AJ: Lucy Hale
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. TV Show: The Office!!!

Okay for everyone who says that they don't like Twilight as an unpopular opinion...it's not an unpopular opinion of every other post is saying the same thing lol. Even though so many people love Twilight, there are SO many other people that don't. I would put not liking Twilight in the "popular thread" lol.

--------------------

IPB Image
Sig Credit: *Laci
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Aug 12th 2009, 6:11 PM
Post #66

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: Coldplay

QUOTE(JRM @ Aug 2nd 2009, 11:25 PM) *

--Never finished the Harry Potter series, but I am really looking forward to do so when I can. (Haven't watched the newer movies so they won't ruin the surprises happy.gif ). I think Harry Potter, while I'm not a fan, is BRILLIANT. Absolutely brilliant. What makes it even better is that the books are consistent (judging from what I've read). "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" was not a one-hit wonder. All the other books still contain that sense of wonder and imagination--perhaps even more so. Just BRILLIANT.

FTW! haha.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tigerlily Tango
post Jan 7th 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #67

Fav. CI2: Kalan Porter
Fav. CI5: Liam Styles Chang
Fav. CI2: Jacob Hoggard

Edward Rochester > Edward Cullen (x 100000) icecream.gif heart.gif

--------------------
Rebecca <3
IPB Image
Shane Wiebe, Kalan Porter, and Jacob Hoggard = My Canadian Idols Forever
+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Jan 8th 2010, 3:41 PM
Post #68

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

-Books don't have to be expertly written to be good. A good story is the most important quality to a good book.

-Classic literature is boring (says the English major...haha)

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
+Quote Post
babibutterflyz07
post Jan 8th 2010, 5:10 PM
Post #69

QUOTE(TotalTayFan @ Jan 8th 2010, 3:41 PM) *

-Books don't have to be expertly written to be good. A good story is the most important quality to a good book.

-Classic literature is boring (says the English major...haha)

Don't be an English major.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
TotalTayFan
post Jan 8th 2010, 6:32 PM
Post #70

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud

QUOTE(babibutterflyz07 @ Jan 8th 2010, 5:10 PM) *

Don't be an English major.

Too late tongue.gif I don't find all classic literature boring...there are definitely classics I like a lot (The Aenied, The Inferno, 1984, and Of Mice and Men are some of my favorites), but I have a difficult time staying engaged in a fair amount of classic literature. But like the topic title says: it's just my opinion happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
AI8: MATT GIRAUD Thanks Raphy23 for the set! (Secrets Hurt Someone)
+Quote Post
babibutterflyz07
post Jan 24th 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #71

I don't like Pride and Prejudice. (So far) It's like chick lit; extremely gossipy and bleh. I'm not a fan. I feel like an awful English major for saying that, haha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jordan-N-Torifan
post Jan 26th 2010, 3:09 PM
Post #72

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

I loved The Odyssey.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
BestUsernameEva
post Jan 26th 2010, 5:58 PM
Post #73

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Majesty Rose

QUOTE(babibutterflyz07 @ Jan 24th 2010, 11:03 PM) *
I don't like Pride and Prejudice. (So far) It's like chick lit; extremely gossipy and bleh. I'm not a fan. I feel like an awful English major for saying that, haha.

Aww, I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. heart.gif laughing.gif

Unpopular opinion: I hated The Notebook (the book). It's one of the rare cases where I think the movie is much better. laughing.gif I don't really like Nicholas Sparks in general though...his stories are way too sappy and unrealistic for me.

--------------------
13: Majesty, Alex, Jena, Caleb, Jess
12: Angie | 11: Skylar | 10: Haley, Paul, Casey | 9: what
8: Kris, Allison, Matt, Adam | 7: David C, David A, Brooke, Jason, Carly, Michael
6: Jordin, Chris R, Blake, Gina, Phil | 5: Elliott, Taylor, Chris, Melissa, Bucky
4: Jessica, Bo, Nadia | 3: Fantasia, Diana, JPL | 2: Vanessa, Clay | 1: Kelly
+Quote Post
crazygee
post Jan 26th 2010, 7:57 PM
Post #74

^I totally agree with you, in both points. I love P&P in more ways than one. I actually do make it my aim to buy P&P books with different covers. And with regards to the Notebook movie, surprisingly, the movie is more tolerable than the book. I also don't read much Nicholas Sparks books. They're all emotionally draining. haha.gif

--------------------
Veronica Mars: If I ever die, do me a favor. Go on Oprah and tell the world that I loved kittens.
~ x | x | x ~
+Quote Post
babibutterflyz07
post Jan 26th 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #75

QUOTE(BestUsernameEva @ Jan 26th 2010, 5:58 PM) *

Aww, I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. heart.gif laughing.gif

Unpopular opinion: I hated The Notebook (the book). It's one of the rare cases where I think the movie is much better. laughing.gif I don't really like Nicholas Sparks in general though...his stories are way too sappy and unrealistic for me.

We agree: I don't like Nicholas Sparks either. Honestly, I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. I feel like Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom are the kind of authors who like to seem like they're being deep, but are actually very hollow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Feb 24th 2010, 5:16 PM
Post #76

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: Coldplay

http://www.megcabot.com/2010/02/are-you-th...-ok-for-tweens/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
spinspiral
post Feb 28th 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #77

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(spinspiral @ Apr 12th 2009, 1:07 AM) *

I thought Twilight was really boring. tongue.gif It was kinda surprising how after I read it, I didn't have any thoughts about it all. Didn't love it or hate it, just... forgot about it. I even think I preferred the movie because at least I remembered bits. And that Edward/Bella scene near the end where they dance was cute.

Well now that some time's past by and the hype just WON'T DIE DOWN, I can say for sure that I think it's hella overrated. noexpression.gif At least before I could kinda, sorta ignore it. Nowadays it's still what all my friends wanna talk about during lunch. I don't know how I'll survive the next couple of years when the rest of the movies come out and the hype lives on. pinch.gif

--------------------
last.fm & twitter // sometimes crazy's alright.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
pink-ebonette
post Mar 13th 2010, 1:02 AM
Post #78

Fav. fandom: Harry Potter

QUOTE(meandthemoon @ Aug 2nd 2009, 12:23 PM) *

yeah I didn't like it either. I just do not get what is supposed to be so amazing about Shakespeare's writing. I find all of it just to complicated and hard to read, and all his stories are really depressing. Like someone else says some of his individual lines and are really good (such as the 'to be or not to be' soliloquy) but overall his plays are really overrated. I think the main reason so many people claim to love them is because they secretly don't really understand them haha.gif

I don't think many people, at least those I know, say they love Shakespeare's because they secretly don't understand them. ermm.gif Usually those who don't understand the plays say they don't like them precisely for that reason. I like the works I've read of Shakespeare because I find his diction and language beautiful while also engaging, and they are full of really interesting insight. Yes, they are complicated to read, but once you get the hang of the style you learn to appreciate it more. Also, his comedies are not depressing at all! laughing.gif

QUOTE(babibutterflyz07 @ Jan 24th 2010, 11:03 PM) *

I agree; when I first read it some years ago I did think it was quite gossipy. But I did enjoy the 2005 movie haha.gif

QUOTE(BestUsernameEva @ Jan 26th 2010, 5:58 PM) *

Definitely agree! The movie is way better. I found the book ridiculous and contrived.

QUOTE(babibutterflyz07 @ Jan 26th 2010, 11:51 PM) *

We agree: I don't like Nicholas Sparks either. Honestly, I don't think it's an unpopular opinion. I feel like Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom are the kind of authors who like to seem like they're being deep, but are actually very hollow.

Yes! Agree again stuart.gif

This post has been edited by pink-ebonette: Mar 13th 2010, 1:03 AM

--------------------

ox Mina. <3 5H
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Idol-Lee.Cious
post Mar 17th 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #79

Fav. Group: SS501

I wanted to say that Bella (Twilight) is my least favorite character (to put it mildly) in anything I've ever read. But judging by the other posts, it's not that unpopular isn't it?

--------------------
--------------- MY number one love: SS501 IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HasBeenSoprano
post Mar 22nd 2010, 4:14 AM
Post #80

Fav. Judge: Steven Tyler
Fav. AI9: Didi Benami
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart ♥

The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger is an overrated piece of garbage with little to no real literary merit.

--------------------
Haley Reinhart is love. ♥ avi by Archanna
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 82 Time is now: Apr 21st 2014, 4:42 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol