Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brooke Addamo Fan Thread!, Adynamites!
gazza.
post Oct 2nd 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #181

Group: Members

Fav. Fav Aust. idol: Natalie Gauci

Thanks for that Chellekat, Owl eyes put the link for this song with Illy on her facebook page, good to hear it being played on 2JJJ it would have to help Owl eye profle getting heard on radio

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Oct 2nd 2010, 11:28 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

gazza.
post Oct 10th 2010, 3:28 AM
Post #182

An article in the Daily Telegraph dated 09/10/10

Musos have an animal attraction
by Kathy McCabe

a photo of Brooke with a caption
Owl Eyes
Brooke Addamo was listening to the Devendra Banhart song of the same name
whilst trying to figure out a pseudonym for her musical self “And Owls are mystical and strangely beautiful” she said

The Article
Before they even play their first gig or wrote their debut single every band faces their toughest test – a name
From Buddy Holly and the Crickets to the Beatles Def Leppard and Wolfmother hundreds of successful artists have borrowed their moniker from the animal kingdom.
While Artic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner knew hat he wanted to call his band
when he was a teenage schoolboy emerging Australian singer songwriter Brooke Addamo deliberated for several month's before deciding to name herself Owl Eyes.
“I did a lot of research and brainstorming after I had finished writing the songs for my EP and realized I wanted a name that separated me from myself an allowed me to have a different personality as a musician” she said
Addamo believes that many musicians gravitate to animals because of association with particular creatures during their childhood'
“With me it has to do with storybook animals. I loved Enid Blyton's Adventures of
the wishing chair and the faraway tree and cute characters like deers and owls” she said “Animals suggest a childlike imagination”

the article continued a little but no other mention of Brooke

This post has been edited by gazza.: Oct 10th 2010, 3:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 11th 2010, 3:52 PM
Post #183

Owl Eyes

An ethereal storyteller and an aural illustrator of musical grandeurs, Owl Eyes, aka Brooke Addamo, is one of the most unadulterated treasures of the Melbourne music scene. At the tender age of 19, Addamo is able to juxtapose her innocence against her elaborate fantasies and meticulous fictional worlds, creating a delicate blend of endearing and illuminating indie-pop.

Underpinned by her eternal love and passion for song-writing, Addamo shares her musical history, noting “I didn’t grow up in a musical family, sadly,” she smiles. “I started singing when I was 12 and I instantly fell in love with it. I started singing covers and then moved further into jazz and it all started from there.

“When I was about 15,” she continues, “I started writing poems and songs in my notebook and it became a natural progression to making demos and turning my love for singing into a love for artistry; a love for writing and creating something special,” she explains gracefully. “I had been writing with a lot of producers and musicians for quite some time but they just weren’t ‘getting’ my style, especially what was in my head that I wanted to showcase and get out there.

“I ended up,” Addamo explains, “working with Jan Skubiszewski and he really ‘got’ me straight away; he understood exactly what I wanted and it was just a really just a great musical connection, which is rare. We had a lot of ideas and plans for songs we were going to work on, but we decided to scratch them all and work on something completely new and fresh. In five days we wrote the five songs for the EP. It all happened so quickly but it all comes back to that rare musical connection we had.

“All of those tracks went onto the EP with barely any changes which was great and just a really nice contrast to what I had gone in the past.“

That resulting EP, entitled Faces, is a lush and pure exploration into the themes of escapism, alluring the listener through a journey of desperation, mystique and a poignant insight into Addamo’s experiences. “Most of the EP is influenced by my life in general; how I’m feeling and what’s happening around me. It’s not really about love or longing, it’s more about everything that’s going on within my head. There are a lot of metaphors and a lot of references to animals,” she shares excitedly. “My favourite lyrically is Faces. It references a wolf to embody my insecurities and my self-doubts. It’s all about just not really knowing what will happen and doubting yourself and exposing your vulnerabilities. As a wolf it allows it to take you on a journey and I really love the visual representation that connects it all together. “On the opposite end of the spectrum there’s 1+1, which is quite straight forward. It’s about a relationship that should mathematically work on paper, but with all of the uncontrollable variables in life it just doesn’t add up.”

With the playful yet confronting sounds of Faces finally being shared with world, Addamo’s continuing refinement of her honest and wholesome live performances has also gathered critical acclaim nationwide. “Considering I’ve been singing since I was 12 I’ve obviously done a lot of performing, but singing my own stuff was something I had only done a little bit,” she concedes. “I had always spent so much of my time with a focus on my writing and perfecting my skills rather than getting out and gigging every week. The whole concept of playing every week, touring and performing all of the time is still pretty new to me, but I’m really loving that aspect of the project.

“I love connecting with people who have both heard and haven’t heard my music and receiving some sort of reaction. Even if it’s dislike or if it’s love,” she adds, “it’s amazing to gauge the reactions. It’s really nice to see people respond to your music in a way you didn’t imagine when you were writing it in the studio.”

She pauses momentarily, before adding, “It’s really important to truly feel the song and express it in a way so that others can feel it too and feel captivated. As the visual aspect of my music is really important to me I’m also working on more artistic measures for my performances. I’ve spent a lot of time playing support roles which really doesn’t allow you to be creative or bring in your own ideas or have the full show that you want, so in my launch shows I’m going to really focus on having the set design I want, the full band that I want and having something like a costume or something outrageous with me. I really love the visual component.”

An artist that seems truly beyond her age, Addamo’s ever-growing potential soars greater almost with each passing day. Her vivid lyricism underpinned by her instrumentation dexterity and magnificent delivery reinforces the excitement for her future possibilities. “I definitely think I’ll release a second EP before jumping into an album,” she explains of her future plans. “I think sitting down and writing a full album is a mountain I’m just not ready to climb yet,” she grins, “I want everything I write and release to be true to myself. I’ve already begun writing my second EP, I’ll be embarking on my first full national tour and mid-next year I’m hoping to go overseas and seeing the reaction I get,” she laughs humbly, “Of course before all of that there is going to be a lot more writing, a lot of shows in Melbourne and just doing everything about Owl Eyes that I love.”

OWL EYES’ excellent debut EP Faces is out now and it’s launched with a huge show at The Workers Club this Friday November 12. Owl Eyes will be joined on the night by special guests Undercolours and The Ocean Party.

By Tyson Wray
Posted on November 10th

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...yes&h=0ffcb

Nice article Tyson, Owl Eyes is appearing at Workers club in Melbourne tonight http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1631...266&index=1
And Melt in Sydney next Friday the 19th http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1032...070&index=1

This post has been edited by gazza.: Nov 11th 2010, 10:27 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Nov 20th 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #184

There was an article in The Drum Media [Newspaper]

ARTISTICALLY STRONG

A NEW STAGE NAME AND A NEW OUTLOOK
ON MUSIC SEES BROOKE ADDAMO AKA OWL EYES
MOVE AWAY FROM HER TELEVISION PAST
By Nic Toupee

Brooke Addamo is a name that might ring a bell to t.v.loving music fans. Here's a hint: National tv
talent show with the initials A.I. Currently kick starting her solo career ex Australian Idol contestant
[she made the top 11 in 2008] Addamo has deliberately distanced herself from that 15 minutes of
fame, using the name Owl Eyes to symbolize a separate, altogether more creative identity and
keeping the Australian Idol experience as far from her public profile as possible.
'A.I.[Australian Idol] was just a stage in my progress, I've been singing since I was twelve an
appeared on Idol when I was seventeen, I didn't know what to expect when I signed up, but it was
fun and gave me experience – it helped me see what I didn't want to be. It taught me that I wanted
to be artistically strong, it showed me a lot about that side of the music industry, made me tougher
and made me work harder to improve myself” Addamo said dramatically.
Already songwriting and collaborating with local musicians before her …..Idol experience, she views
it educative but otherwise largely irrelevant, Addamo believes her current upward career trajectory
came from putting in the hard yards on little known stages “ I was a shy child but fell in love with
singing. I started of singing just Jazz covers and then wrote songs in my bedroom for years
Eventually I progressed to looking for collaborations and from that point I was so keen I would work
with anyone that wanted to. I did free charity gigs in community centers, basically – any show I
would do it' she states adamantly, “The more people know about you and the more people find you
the more work you can perform.”
After absorbing what knowledge she could gleam from her experience in the fame-lab. Addamo
was motivated to take her original compositions public, ready to improve her craft. In doing so
she found some irresistible opportunities came her way “I went away after ….Idol and wrote a lot of
songs and started actively seeking people to write with ,“and I wanted to improve my skills – you
can learn a lot from different people I got out there with my songs a lot, recorded a lot of demos
and as I kept going I could see improvements.”

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chellekat
post Jun 20th 2011, 6:42 AM
Post #185

Fav. SYTYCD: Talia Fowler

Owl Eyes has the most requested song on Triple J this week, a cover of Pumped Up Kicks (for the Like A Version segment where they do covers). I have to say it's one of the best covers I've heard on their show:

There's also plenty of Brooke/Owl Eyes originals you can find especially on youtube at the moment. It's nice to see her touring and doing so well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Jun 20th 2011, 7:52 PM
Post #186

Hi Chillekat bye1.gif
I saw on OwlEyes facebook she was doing like a version for JJJ and didn't get to hear Pumped up kicks live so I checked JJJ website and absolutely love Owl eyes version of the song, so good to see that it is JJJ most requested song.

I also like Raiders Owl eyes current single [available on ITunes haha] and was shown twice on Rage the weekend just passed, so good to see JJJ and Rage both playing and showing Owl Eyes music.

I saw Owl Eyes a couple of weeks back live with this current band and she was great and really rocked the venue, Brooke performed well on stage too, so she is maturing as an artist. at a later stage I might pick out a pic or two from that gig and post here [ i didn't take them someone else did and posted them on facebook]

A funny thing with you tube I put "Faces" on you tube [ I actually think it was the best song on the EP] that I got from "Rage" and Brooke's Manager Jacqui Willson asked me to deleted it as they planned to release Faces as a single, but that never happened and 5 to 6 months later they put the video on you tube themselves as OwlEyes Music

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Jun 20th 2011, 9:32 PM
Post #187

IPB Image

IPB Image

[/img]

[/img]

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chellekat
post Jun 20th 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #188

Fav. SYTYCD: Talia Fowler

QUOTE(gazza. @ Jun 21st 2011, 10:52 AM) *

Hi Chillekat bye1.gif
I saw on OwlEyes facebook she was doing like a version for JJJ and didn't get to hear Pumped up kicks live so I checked JJJ website and absolutely love Owl eyes version of the song, so good to see that it is JJJ most requested song.

I also like Raiders Owl eyes current single [available on ITunes haha] and was shown twice on Rage the weekend just passed, so good to see JJJ and Rage both playing and showing Owl Eyes music.

I saw Owl Eyes a couple of weeks back live with this current band and she was great and really rocked the venue, Brooke performed well on stage too, so she is maturing as an artist. at a later stage I might pick out a pic or two from that gig and post here [ i didn't take them someone else did and posted them on facebook]

A funny thing with you tube I put "Faces" on you tube [ I actually think it was the best song on the EP] that I got from "Rage" and Brooke's Manager Jacqui Willson asked me to deleted it as they planned to release Faces as a single, but that never happened and 5 to 6 months later they put the video on you tube themselves as OwlEyes Music

Hi Gazza, long time no speak! Well I know it's just us two talking about Brooke right now but I'm sure some other fans may check in, I figure it's nice to provide some updates especially for international fans. I love Pumped Up Kicks too, I had it in my head all day yesterday as I heard it on the radio, then I thought I'd better post it here and share the love! I think she's getting really good exposure at the moment and it just seems musically Owl Eyes works really well, she just seems in a happier place (especially when you consider she's been struggling to be heard for a while since Idol and we all know she was robbed on that show, just look at what she's capable of!).

Oh that's awesome about the show. I'll have to check them out sometime, they seem like a great group. Love the pics with Brooke and her owl mask on, very cute. Faces is a great song, I was listening to that a while back, funny that they asked you to take it down but then put it up anyway, they really should realease it as a single but I suppose it's hard with an independant label to get the kind of backing to put out more singles. If they had the money I suppose they might even try to get permission for Brooke to do a studio version of Pumped Up Kicks since her voice just works so beautifully on that song, she might even get some commercial airplay too. Triple J love her though which is great. It's like with Lisa Mitchell - they conveniently 'forget' that these girls were even on Idol as they are so anti Idol/X Factor on that station! Not that I care, I just find it funny!

--------------------
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Jun 22nd 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #189

Hi Chellekat, it certainly has been a while since we forum spoke, I thin there a a lot more people have a look at what is being posted and catch up with news of their favourite artists, than actually post, or well up to them really. You may have noticed or read in other threads all Sony related forums have been closed now Guy and Delta Goodrem are the last 2 to be closed only in the past week.

Brooke deliberately distanced herself from Idol and I think she is now well and truly over the experience and moved on it seem to be a really good time for Brook, Lisa Mitchell ect style of music which is a really good thing.

You must really get to one of her shows, she is excellent live, I saw some of her shows when she first came out with the Faces EP and she was good and vocals beautiful but she just stood in front of the mike on the Microphone stand and sang, now she really gets into her performance and puts on a really good show, I think this band helps there, before it was more of an acoustic performance

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gazza.
post Apr 16th 2013, 3:03 PM
Post #190

Owl Eyes [Brook Addamo] has a new Album out this Friday and Tour

Carefully walking the line between light and shade, night and day, strength and struggle, NIGHTSWIM is an emotive collection of deeply layered, progressive pop jams that only adds to the ongoing intrigue that is twenty-two year old singer/songwriter Brooke Addamo a.k.a Owl Eyes.
Produced by a small but powerful group of creative partners - the recent ARIA Award winning Styalz Fuego (Producer of The Year), frequent collaborator Jan Skubiszewski and emerging Perth producer Cameron Parkin - NIGHTSWIM displays a distinct growth and development from Brooke’s previous efforts, a coming-of-age record from a captivating artist who has matured in the public eye over the past three years.
www.owleyes.com.au
www.facebook.com/thisisowleyes
www.twitter.com/thisisowleyes
Track listing

1 Intro Owl Eyes 1:58

2 Nightswim 3:38

3 Hurricane 3:43

4 Diamonds In Her Eyes 3:57

5 Ivory 3:27

6 Golden Lies 4:29

7 Open Up 3:44

8 Find Out 4:17

9 Saltwater 4:48

10 Closure 4:43

11 Jewels & Sapphires 4:20

12 Love Run Dry (Bonus Track) 3:27

Tour Dates
http://www.owleyes.com.au/tour
website
http://www.owleyes.com.au/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 1:30 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol