Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gone Country 2 Episode 2 discussion (spoilers!), CU-ckoooo!
nyccali9
post Aug 22nd 2008, 9:35 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Contestant Forum Moderators

Now not to make everything about Mikalah (I'm paid to do it though... so I should try to do it every so often right? JK JK I'm totally free for the meekster)...

I know a lot of you weren't aware of all the stuff Mikalah said tonight at the campfire. SPOILER ALERT

Before Mikalah auditioned for American Idol her mom was very sick (with what will be kept private so just don't ask...), when Mikalah auditioned her mom was there to support her, even from just getting out of the hospital.

The week before Mikalah went back for the Top 24 live show the person we saw her with during Hollywood week (her mom's best friend) passed away.

During Idol her Uncle (her mom's brother) passed away. And right after Idol ended for Mikalah her Grandfather (papa... her mom's father) passed away. This all happened to a 16 year old within months of each other. I applaud Mikalah (through tears) because the strength she showed (whether all that was a mask to hide her pain, which it was mostly) was phenominal.

She then moved to LA on her own at 17 and had to deal with the ups and downs, rejections, offers that didn't go through, offers that went though but didn't do what they claimed to do...

She IS a true IDOL.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 22nd 2008, 9:35 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

num1meekfan
post Aug 22nd 2008, 9:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon
Fav. AI2: Kimberley Locke

i wanna give Mikalah a HUGE hug and just let her know that everything will/is okay....i love her to death and ill stand behind her 100% forever!

--------------------
IPB Image
Mikalah Cavaricci Vintage Twitter: @Justinmjohnston
+Quote Post
the Laura
post Aug 22nd 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. SYTYCD6: Kathryn McCormick
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Chelsea Sorrell

Mikalah was one of my least favorites on Idol, and I absolutely love her now. I can see how much she has grown and I'm learning more and more how strong of a person she is. and how big her heart is. I'm loving her on GC heart.gif

--------------------
av credit: Tiger_8
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
nyccali9
post Aug 23rd 2008, 1:04 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

She's awesome on GC! I'm glad people get to see her actual personality not the one AI edited for her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
gina loves ai
post Aug 23rd 2008, 1:47 PM
Post #5

Mikalah is such a strong person and she definitely is true idol. That's a lot to deal with for such a young person and Mikalah hung in there and I do applaud her for staying strong through such a hard time. She truly is an incredible person!

--------------------
IPB Image
thanks 4 the set TARA!.Meek is my hero! 4.17.05!7.13.06 AI Tour '06IPB Image
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Aug 23rd 2008, 9:59 PM
Post #6

loves me meek...ive watched gc like seriously 5 times today...im gonna count how many times she says this is so sick and add them up at the end of the season

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
nyccali9
post Aug 23rd 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I want to count how many times I see Jenny (her blanket)! She told me today she wants to ask CMT for Jenny's pay because she's in the show more than Mikalah! HAHA!

--------------------
+Quote Post
gina loves ai
post Aug 24th 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #8

haha JENNY!!
Awww, I remember Jenny.
Now I'm gonna be looking for that blanket the entire time. haha

--------------------
IPB Image
thanks 4 the set TARA!.Meek is my hero! 4.17.05!7.13.06 AI Tour '06IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hero
post Aug 28th 2008, 9:03 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin

Before Mikalah auditioned for American Idol her mom was very sick (with what will be kept private so just don't ask...), when Mikalah auditioned her mom was there to support her, even from just getting out of the hospital. During Idol her Uncle (her mom's brother) passed away. And right after Idol ended for Mikalah her Grandfather (papa... her mom's father) passed away.

I remember when I heard about all of that going on. And it's truely one of the reason's Mikalah is one of my Idol's. The same situation was kind of happening to me at the same point it was happening to her. My dad was dying of MRSA in the hospital (but got diagnosed at the last possible second) and a few months later my uncle died of complications due to cancer surgery. So, I feel like I could relate to her a lot during that time being that we were the same age going though kind of the same situation. I remember the long drive (two hours) to my uncle's funeral I had a burned CD I had of all her audio (Perfect World, all AI media up until the top 11) that I listened to the whole way there. I really feel like her music helped me get through a really bad time. I'll always be a fan because of that.

--------------------
X Factor: Emblem 3, Jennel, Jillian, CeCe
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Aug 29th 2008, 8:01 PM
Post #10

who else wanted to slap sean young lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hero
post Sep 6th 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin

its more like who DOESNT want to slap her lol

--------------------
X Factor: Emblem 3, Jennel, Jillian, CeCe
+Quote Post
num1meekfan
post Sep 6th 2008, 5:47 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Hero @ Aug 28th 2008, 10:03 PM) *

I remember when I heard about all of that going on. And it's truely one of the reason's Mikalah is one of my Idol's. The same situation was kind of happening to me at the same point it was happening to her. My dad was dying of MRSA in the hospital (but got diagnosed at the last possible second) and a few months later my uncle died of complications due to cancer surgery. So, I feel like I could relate to her a lot during that time being that we were the same age going though kind of the same situation. I remember the long drive (two hours) to my uncle's funeral I had a burned CD I had of all her audio (Perfect World, all AI media up until the top 11) that I listened to the whole way there. I really feel like her music helped me get through a really bad time. I'll always be a fan because of that.

wow im sorry to hear that. im glad Mikalah can help you get through rough times. She helped me get through rough times as well.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 21st 2014, 3:50 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol