Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

522 Pages V « < 520 521 522   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David's Albums & Singles Sales + Airplay Chart Thread, post sales and chart updates here
dolls17
post Feb 28th 2011, 7:23 PM
Post #10421

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(KL48 @ Feb 28th 2011, 2:16 PM) *

1. It won't boost sales enough to do anything.

2. The idea was to send tosod specifically, because the songs are upbeat and the album is being given to sick kids.

3. Some kids may not want the album. If one listens and likes it or feels better because of it, that'd make it worth it to me, personally, to send a few.

I just donated to my local hospital. grin.gif They were happy to get it, because the pre-teens and teens in their wards always complain that they don't have their kind of music. Apparently the CD selection isn't the best, because it consists of whatever the employees bring in or have lying around.

I don't care about it boosting sales. I just want it to be used to make someone happy.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 28th 2011, 7:23 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

alleygirl87
post Feb 28th 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #10422

It's pretty amazing that David is #3 right now on Barnes and Noble..right behind Adele and Mumford and Sons. He's beating Glee, Florence&M, Lady Antebellum, Bruno Mars, etc. It think part of it HAS to do with more people knowing about the CD from the news of his split with Jive. I don't think fans can cause such big of a difference otherwise it would've worked way earlier.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 28th 2011, 9:56 PM
Post #10423

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Feb 28th 2011, 9:51 PM) *

It's pretty amazing that David is #3 right now on Barnes and Noble..right behind Adele and Mumford and Sons. He's beating Glee, Florence&M, Lady Antebellum, Bruno Mars, etc. It think part of it HAS to do with more people knowing about the CD from the news of his split with Jive. I don't think fans can cause such big of a difference otherwise it would've worked way earlier.

I agree. David's CD has not been in the 300's of Amazon for some time. I doubt that bulk buying from a few fans can cause such a boost, especially over several days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
alleygirl87
post Feb 28th 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #10424

QUOTE(Upside @ Feb 28th 2011, 10:56 PM) *

I agree. David's CD has not been in the 300's of Amazon for some time. I doubt that bulk buying from a few fans can cause such a boost, especially over several days.

It just shows what crappy of a job Jive did in promoting the CD lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dolls17
post Feb 28th 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #10425

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Feb 28th 2011, 11:02 PM) *

It just shows what crappy of a job Jive did in promoting the CD lol

Amen. crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Feb 28th 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #10426

Well, i think this giving campaign is interesting, if the first motivation is to share and not to bump the sales, so if people want to give why not? , even if is to a Hospital than is not in their list, a lot of Hospitals have a children floor/section, so not need to be that restrictive if you have an hospital near to you....just my opinion thumbsup.gif

And about the sales maybe the last week news has something to do along with this new projet, so people started to pay attention to the album, at least is what i hope yes.gif , in any case i'll believe that this have nothing to do with fans strategies if the album make some moves in itunes. yes.gif

This post has been edited by tibitibi: Feb 28th 2011, 11:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

522 Pages V « < 520 521 522
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 12:38 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol