Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sanjaya will meet HIS idol tomorrow!, stevie for the win!!!
sprout
post Jul 10th 2008, 4:37 PM
Post #1

guy's official tour guide

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

sanjaya's mom posts!

OMG!!! go sanjaya! spaz.gif very exciting! he was supposed to go for his 18th birthday last year, but the concert got cancelled due to weather. original.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 10th 2008, 4:37 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

CakeFan8963
post Jul 10th 2008, 5:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. Idol Ever: Blake Lewis

That is so awesome! I'm so excited for them! w00t.gif

--------------------
Blake Lewis. Matt Giraud. Jason Castro. David Archuleta. Adam Lambert. Phillip Phillips.
IPB Image
Allison Iraheta. Kris Allen. Danny Gokey. Lee DeWyze. JAMES DURBIN <3
Sig: Jack.
+Quote Post
London calling
post Jul 11th 2008, 4:23 AM
Post #3

I am horribly, horribly excited for him! He must be feeling like a kid on Xmas Eve today. haha.gif

Hope we get to see pics. I'm dying to see them together. heart.gif

--------------------
Avatar stolen from a talented VFTWer
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 11th 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #4

you know a lot of sigs and avvies will change if we get pics, lmao! shifty.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 12th 2008, 1:14 PM
Post #5

news is spreading already!!!!

Bring the Noise
Ernest Jasmin riffs on the music scene in Tacoma and throughout the Puget Sound
Saturday, July 12th, 2008

Sanjaya resurfaces during Stevie Wonder's set at White River
Posted by Ernest Jasmin @ 09:49:14 am

I was only about 80 percent it was Sanjaya during the early part of Stevie Wonder’s set last night at Auburn’s White River Amphitheatre. That wavy Farrah Fawcett ‘do was hard to miss down there in the good seats. And the gal dancing next to him during “Did I Hear You Say You Loved Me?” certainly looked like his sis, as seen on “American Idol” last year. But it took until Wonder got around to “Superstition” two hours later that I had confirmation.

“Did I hear there was someone from ‘American Idol?’ Where’s he at? Get him up here,” Wonder blurted out midway through a fiery “Superstition” jam.

His handler whispered the name in his ear. “Sanjaya!” Then – bam! – there he Federal Way’s most famous reality show contestant was. And you know what? As much as Sanjaya made his reputation on sub par singing (and with the hair), the kid didn’t sound half bad; especially if his appearance was, indeed, spontaneous and not planned in advance. He even put a little gusto into it. Maybe there’s hope he’ll parlay his “Idol” experience into a few more minutes on that fame clock. But is America ready for another round of Sanjayamania?

No, really. Is it ready?

Sanjaya’s wasn’t the only guest vocalist to make a splash, by the way. Brynn Berger, a Lynnwood woman who won KBSG-FM’s Sing with Stevie Wonder contest, looked stunning (if a bit stiff, at first) and knocked it out of the park on “All in Love Is Fair.” And Wonder’s daughter, Aisha Morris, sat down at the piano bench for a smoky torch song, Nat King Cole’s “I’m Gonna Laugh You Out of My Life.” She appeared on “How Will I Know,” from Wonder’s Grammy-winning 2005 album, “A Time to Love,” and a solo career can’t be far behind.

“Who you love with?” Wonder huffed playfully as his daughter started to walk back to her spot with the other backup singers.

“Nobody,” she replied, innocently. “I love my daddy.”

“OK. He betta do you right,” Wonder said before serenading his daughter with “Isn’t She Lovely,” the song she made her vocal debut on back in 1976. (She’s the baby you hear on that track.) Unlike last year’s show at Chateau Ste Michelle, Wonder’s daughter seemed endearingly embarrassed by daddy’s gushing attention, smiling nervously through the number before returning to her mark.

Otherwise, it was a great if not perfect show. I liked the flow and set list from last year’s show at the Chateau a bit better, with a couple more songs from Wonder’s classic “Songs in the Key of Life” and funkier numbers grouped together more effectively. But it was a treat for me personally when Wonder did three in a row from his 1980 album “Hotter Than July” early on – the reggae-inflected “Master Blaster (Jammin’,” “Did I Hear You Say You Love Me?” and “All I Do.” I dug through my big sisters’ record collection when I was just knee high, and it was the first album I ever became obsessed with. You know, back when you had to play it on these things called “turntables.”

Other highlights included “Visions,” during which Wonder went on a rant about racial equality, saying something about his publicist being denied a table at a Seattle area restaurant, presumably for racial reasons. The R&B legend sang a decent new song called “Keep on Foolin’ Yourself, Baby Girl,” from his forthcoming project “Through the Eyes of Wonder.” And among the lesser known tunes that snuck into the set was “Creepin’” from Wonder’s ‘70s album “Fulfillingness’ “Expect the unexpected,” Wonder blurted playfully before that number, perhaps catching a couple of his band members off guard.

Stevie Wonder at White River: old hits, new stylings and plenty of charm
Stevie Wonder played a classic set at his July 11 concert at White River in Auburn, full of hits like "My Cherie Amour," "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," "Superstition" and "Isn't She Lovely"; concert review by Patrick MacDonald.

By Patrick MacDonald

Seattle Times music critic

Concert Review |

Stevie Wonder's powers are undiminished. At 58, the great Motown legend is as vital and creative as ever. He still has a wondrous, youthful spirit, and beguiling, mischievous charm.

Switching among various keyboards Friday night at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, the smiling showman delivered many of his classic soulful, funky hits, as well as some lesser-known gems, and even a new song, to the delight of the near-capacity crowd.

He played around with some vocals, extending notes, going high and low, turning lyrics into rhythmic mumblings. He got the audience involved, too, having them sing notes and snatches of lyrics, at his direction. His vocal improvisations enriched "Visions," "Creeping," "Ribbon in the Sky" and other songs, making you listen closer and fully appreciate their moving lyrics and enticing rhythms.

The richness of his voice was fully on display in a shimmering "Golden Lady," a beautiful, evocative "Overjoyed" and a fun, joyful "My Cherie Amour." He played a string of fan favorites toward the end, galvanizing the crowd with "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," "Sir Duke," "I Wish" and "Superstition" (with Sanjaya Malakar of "American Idol" fame briefly joining in).
Backed by a 10-piece band and three background singers (including his daughter Aisha), he opened with a mix of popular and lesser-known songs, including "As If You Read My Mind," "Master Blaster," "Did I Hear You Say You Love Me," "All I Do (Is Think About You)" and "Knocks Me Off My Feet," before bringing the crowd to its feet with "Higher Ground."

During a lively, Latin-y version of Chick Corea's jazzy instrumental "Spain," he introduced every member of his top-notch band, each of whom got a solo. It went on a little too long, but the solos were superb.

Aisha's solo was followed by her dad singing "Isn't She Lovely," composed for her when she was an infant. She stood near as he sang it, caressing and kissing him.

The one new song, "Keep Fooling Yourself Little Girl," showed he still has a gift for clever lyrics and rich instrumental arrangements.

As usual, he talked quite a bit, endorsing Barack Obama, loquaciously preaching love and peace, and dedicating the show to Quincy Jones, who grew up in Seattle.

Patrick MacDonald: 206-464-2312 or [email protected]

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 13th 2008, 7:05 PM
Post #6

IPB Image

2 legends on one stage! spaz.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
London calling
post Jul 14th 2008, 6:53 AM
Post #7

Sprout, you ought to put this stuff up in GD Past Discussions. I posted it on the Scaries earlier and appear to have been gagged for my trouble. blarg.gif I'm sure there are people out there who would be interested, as my thread got a very excited reply from a non-fan before it got poofed. original.gif

I'm just so proud of our Papaya. Stevie chooses to sing with him! Suck on that, Cowell. bleh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 14th 2008, 4:23 PM
Post #8

Ahhh, the scaries. Anything positive happening for Sanjaya is a negative for AI. up to their usual bulls*** i see. any others from last season, and it would still be up. childish. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
London calling
post Jul 15th 2008, 6:14 AM
Post #9

Bath's put it in the S6 folder over there but that doesn't get as much traffic. Steve's reinstated me and told me which rule I broke (two in one, apparently; a record for me) so I'll have another go. It's a real pain in the arse when I can't get the word out to people. blarg.gif

Will try again. ph34rwave.gif

ETA: the new thread lasted 20 minutes before getting pulled. Lovely to know they're that bothered about his success - some of the crap that's allowed to stay up there is astonishing.

Ah, well. Will post in Past Discussions here. *sigh*

This post has been edited by London calling: Jul 15th 2008, 7:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
CakeFan8963
post Jul 15th 2008, 9:11 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. Idol Ever: Blake Lewis

QUOTE(sprout @ Jul 13th 2008, 8:05 PM) *

IPB Image

2 legends on one stage! spaz.gif

w00t.gif grin.gif heart.gif

--------------------
Blake Lewis. Matt Giraud. Jason Castro. David Archuleta. Adam Lambert. Phillip Phillips.
IPB Image
Allison Iraheta. Kris Allen. Danny Gokey. Lee DeWyze. JAMES DURBIN <3
Sig: Jack.
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 15th 2008, 4:35 PM
Post #11

IPB Image

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sprout
post Jul 15th 2008, 7:48 PM
Post #12

IPB Image

One of Stevie's band members with Sanjaya and Shy

http://the-musical-life.blogspot.com/2008/...le-concert.html

Friday, July 11, 2008
Seattle concert

Another day off! We flew to Seattle and stayed in a very hip downtown hotel. We had especially beautiful weather, and I took advantage of it to go for a lovely walk to the Farmer’s Market, where the fish mongers selected Dejah and myself for a fish throwing demonstration. It was quite exciting! Afterwards I went shopping, to dinner and to bed early! Ah, I love a good night’s sleep! : >

On Friday, we performed at White River Amphitheatre outside of Seattle this evening. The venue is simply beautiful, made more so by the beauty of Mt. Rainer rising in the background. The performance went well and featured a cameo by American Idol contestant Sanjaya Malakar. I met Sanjaya and his sister Shyamali Malakar, who also appeared on American Idol, at dinner before the show. They’re both lovely people. I wish I could have heard Sanjaya when he sang "Superstition" with Stevie, but alas, his vocal was not fed to my in-ear monitors... I couldn't hear him at all.

After the show, we boarded the tour busses and traveled to the Canadian border. We rested peacefully, assured that all of the travel documents had been checked and that we should be able to breeze across the border easily. Ha ha ha ha ha! After a six-hour wait (yes, six hours in the MIDDLE of the night), we finally crossed into Canada and arrived in Vancouver utterly exhausted....

GO SANJAYA!!! w00t.gif w00t.gif haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 21st 2014, 2:04 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol