Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I thought I'd share this
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 9:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. Show: GLEE

QUOTE(idolfan87 @ May 24th 2008, 7:37 PM) *

I am quite surprised Melinda isn't on there, either. To me, she has far better vocal technique than Carrie although Carrie is great, too.

The thing with Carrie is she has improved greatly since being on the show. She seriously is one of the best singers in music at the very moment. Her range has grown. Her control has improved. She just has it. This is probably why she is on the list and so high. Girl can SING!

--------------------
Congrats David on a Platinum Single with Crush and a Gold Album!
AI: David Archuleta, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Elliott Yamin, Brooke White, Jordin Sparks
Glee Ships: Artie/Tina, Will/Emma, Finn/Rachel, Puck/Quinn, Sam/Mercedes
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

StarrySky892
Post #22

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI9: Tim Urban
Fav. SYTYCD8: Jordan Casanova

^ Seriously. I was actually listening to Queen today. haha.gif So funny this came up.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image
the ones that love us never really leave us.
s8: jordan. chris. jess. tadd. ©
+Quote Post
~Erin~
post May 24th 2008, 9:43 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. AI11: Phillip/Jessica/Hollie

QUOTE(butterflygirl87 @ May 24th 2008, 10:41 PM) *

The thing with Carrie is she has improved greatly since being on the show. She seriously is one of the best singers in music at the very moment. Her range has grown. Her control has improved. She just has it. This is probably why she is on the list and so high. Girl can SING!

Definitely agree. thumbsup.gif Wonder why Kelly Clarkson isn't on that list, either. ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post May 24th 2008, 9:45 PM
Post #24

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

Kelly, as much as I love her, isn't the most technical singer. So while she is one of the most gifted singers I've ever heard, I can understand why she wouldn't be on that list.

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 9:45 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(idolfan87 @ May 24th 2008, 7:43 PM) *

Definitely agree. thumbsup.gif Wonder why Kelly Clarkson isn't on that list, either. ermm.gif

Me too. Because I consider her a better singer than Carrie. Both are brilliant, but I think Kelly is slightly better.

--------------------
AI: David Archuleta, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Elliott Yamin, Brooke White, Jordin Sparks
+Quote Post
~Erin~
post May 24th 2008, 9:46 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Kelly, as much as I love her, isn't the most technical singer. So while she is one of the most gifted singers I've ever heard, I can understand why she wouldn't be on that list.

I can understand some reasons why she may not have made the list. For the past year or so, she has been abusing her voice w/all this hard rock she's been doing & its really taken a toll on it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 7:45 PM) *

Point well taken. She has natural abilities. Her technique isn't on par with that. That is probably the reason! LOL!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post May 24th 2008, 9:48 PM
Post #28

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(butterflygirl87 @ May 24th 2008, 9:45 PM) *

Me too. Because I consider her a better singer than Carrie. Both are brilliant, but I think Kelly is slightly better.

I agree with that. Carrie is probably more polished, but Kelly has those incredible pipes.

QUOTE(idolfan87 @ May 24th 2008, 9:46 PM) *

I can understand some reasons why she may not have made the list. For the past year or so, she has been abusing her voice w/all this hard rock she's been doing & its really taken a toll on it.

Watch her Ava Maria performace to the Pope. I think she DEFINITELY still has her chops.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
~Erin~
post May 24th 2008, 9:49 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 10:48 PM) *

I agree with that. Carrie is probably more polished, but Kelly has those incredible pipes.
Watch her Ava Maria performace to the Pope. I think she DEFINITELY still has her chops.

Kelly sounds great singing that type of stuff. She just doesn't sound great w/rock.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xArielSkate
post May 24th 2008, 9:51 PM
Post #30

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

clap.gif heart.gif
That's so amazing, especially with so few Idol contestants on there. shocked.gif
I was glad to see Carrie and Clay on there too. wub.gif

--------------------
ArchuCook!Whores | IMC; FCP | PAB | Idol: David Archuleta ♥ | Sig: Jon | Av: Me | I love Carly Smithson! ♥
IPB Image
IPB Image | SYTYCD4: Marksie, Kherington, Katua, Twitch, Thayne, Will, Matt, Chelsea | IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pizzle
post May 24th 2008, 9:53 PM
Post #31

Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

That is an interesting list. It's nice to see some Idol contestants on there grin.gif

--------------------

Got my heart in your hands, like a time bomb ticking.
+Quote Post
tireswing
post May 24th 2008, 9:54 PM
Post #32

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(idolfan87 @ May 24th 2008, 9:49 PM) *

Kelly sounds great singing that type of stuff. She just doesn't sound great w/rock.

I think she sounds great singing anything, but that's just me tongue.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 9:54 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 7:48 PM) *

Perfect example! She did AMAZING with this! The notes she hit... I was like "WOW!"!

And I don't get how she doesn't sound good with rock! Have you heard her entire Breakaway album? Have you heard her My December album? Girl hits every note and some of them are HIGH! And she also does this live!

I agree that Carrie has better technique, but Kelly still sings amazingly! With any genre!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post May 24th 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #34

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(butterflygirl87 @ May 24th 2008, 9:54 PM) *

Perfect example! She did AMAZING with this! The notes she hit... I was like "WOW!"!

And I don't get how she doesn't sound good with rock! Have you heard her entire Breakaway album? Have you heard her My December album? Girl hits every note and some of them are HIGH! And she also does this live!

I agree that Carrie has better technique, but Kelly still sings amazingly! With any genre!

Word to your whole post. Kelly can sing ANYTHING. Not to mention she has one of the greatest ranges AI has ever seen. When she hit that whistle note in Natural Woman... omg.gif I can honestly see her singing in any genre, she's that good.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 8:06 PM) *

Word to your whole post. Kelly can sing ANYTHING. Not to mention she has one of the greatest ranges AI has ever seen. When she hit that whistle note in Natural Woman... omg.gif I can honestly see her singing in any genre, she's that good.

Dude! I know! Her range is unbelievable! The songs she sings are not easy to sing. And when she is touring, she is singing them every night.

I think some people don't get her. When she sings, she uses different tones, and that sometimes sounds like she is off pitch, but she isn't, she is emoting. She excels in connecting! And she does that amazingly in her tone alone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darian
post May 24th 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #36

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene

Archie and Carrie are my favorite idol contestants ever. happy.gif It's great to see both of them on those lists!

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post May 24th 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #37

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(butterflygirl87 @ May 24th 2008, 10:10 PM) *

Dude! I know! Her range is unbelievable! The songs she sings are not easy to sing. And when she is touring, she is singing them every night.

I think some people don't get her. When she sings, she uses different tones, and that sometimes sounds like she is off pitch, but she isn't, she is emoting. She excels in connecting! And she does that amazingly in her tone alone.

Seriously. The fact that she can even pull off the stuff that she does is fantastic; that she does it on a regular basis is astonishing.

Yeah, these days I think people are definitely underrating her. She'll always be my favorite Idol winner, no matter what she does in the future. It really bothers me how some people are completely writing her off in the future and consider My December to be a flop. I mean, the album went platinum, which is a huge accomplishment these days. How is that a flop? I think Kelly still has so much to show the world, and she will.

LOL @ this thread turning into a Kelly lovefest haha.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
butterflygirl87
post May 24th 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(tireswing @ May 24th 2008, 8:17 PM) *

Seriously. The fact that she can even pull off the stuff that she does is fantastic; that she does it on a regular basis is astonishing.

Yeah, these days I think people are definitely underrating her. She'll always be my favorite Idol winner, no matter what she does in the future. It really bothers me how some people are completely writing her off in the future and consider My December to be a flop. I mean, the album went platinum, which is a huge accomplishment these days. How is that a flop? I think Kelly still has so much to show the world, and she will.

LOL @ this thread turning into a Kelly lovefest haha.gif

It's Kelly!

And she will always be my favorite winner too! David was going to give her a run for her money, but crying.gif

But as for my favorite contestant, David is pretty much there! haha.gif

And I agree about My December. Plantinum = flop? On what planet?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Suzanne
post May 24th 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(xandavon @ May 24th 2008, 10:10 PM) *

Hello. First of all, This is not what you could call "Official". It's only what we, a group of dedicated vocal coaches and music majors (15 vocal coaches, 11 music majors), have been coming up with for the last 6 years. Only 2 of us watches American Idol.

That is an amazing list.

If only two of you watches American Idol, how does the group consider them? Do the two of you direct the group to listen to studio versons of songs, so the voices can be compared as recordings? does the group listen to all of the idols? (Melinda Doolittle is really good--maybe you've never considered her?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
xandavon
post May 25th 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #40

OK to some points

Some may not be there, This is not yet a complete list anyway. We are still adding more artists.

The two genders cannot be combined I'm afraid. Because we can't compare male and female voices.

I am the only one to consider an Idol contestant. This year I considered Carly, Michael, David A, Cook, Alaina, Danny, Chikizie, Amanda, Syesha. I would have considered Cardin Mckinney but there's just isn't enough material on her as proof of her vocals.

I did consider Melinda Doolittle. But most of them felt that she uses way too much vibrato. Personally I would have put her between 90-100. But I have little power over this list.

Kelly was there after Breakaway. She left on "Never Again".

Also, Carrie has been climbing up since Jesus Takes The Wheel. She started around 80ish.

For the record, This is not just about technical points. A lot of it has to be based on the difficulty of their materials. I don't believe the singer from Aerosmith is technically perfect. But a lot of singers won't even attempt to sing like him.

David Archuleta has done a lot of insane stuff that were unnoticed, Like in "Shop Around". The best for me is "We Can Work It Out" studio. And just recently during "In This Moment" he did something towards the end which is phenomenal for a 17 year old. I can't quite explain but he just switches his register with ease.

We also think that there are a lot more great female vocalists than male. So if ever the 2 genders are put together, it will probably be dominated by female.

--------------------
IPB Image
Isn't this the most beautiful signature you have ever set eyes on?
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 9:27 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol